Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:39:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: mtgox.com has blocked my account with 45 000 USD in it!  (Read 111619 times)
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 07:54:52 PM

part of the problem is if the way customer A scammed customer C was by hacking into customer C's LR account, that would make LR sort of the victim too and give them a bit of an extraordinary interest in the matter - seeing as how, for example, MtGox recently ate half the cost of someone's account being hacked.

I agree, like I said some posts before, add captchas to prevent brute-forcing or other brute-force counter-measure alike. However if the access was due you've it in a paper and lose that paper, I don't see what MtGox, LR or whatever login system in the World can do, that would be primarily your fault.

Now, why the bankers/exchanger/laundry shouldn't ever get involved directly? Because in a parallel market while a thug, scammer or con can lay low for a while and come up sometime after, those other folks are stationary, relying on their hardly-earned reputation to be on business. So their main interest is in "not know to not have to tell" and not be messed around.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 02:00:08 AM

If I might make a request here: Let's please not turn this into a witch hunt. No-one here has enough information to figure out what has really happened, and no-one here has the means to do anything about it anyway. We just have to wait and see how Mt Gox and Baron settle this. Hopefully then we will have enough information to decide for ourselves whether or not we approve of the way things were handled.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
CoinMan

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 04:38:09 AM

If this was a theft, this is surely the most incompentent crime in the history of bitcoin.

After 19 or 20 or whatever pages I have to chime in here...I can read the local paper or watch the local late night "news" (entertainment) and 99% of the time they run a story about a criminal getting caught because he executed his crime with flawless stupidity.  It's very difficult to say and I'm not sure we'll ever know.  IRC logs proving Mr. X would be nice for sure.

My Bitcoin Identity
Bitcoin: 183DFFQXR4xCyseBXzmh3XWc22izDWE5Dw
Baron (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 12:33:25 PM

Vladimir,

Toslti? Wasn't that one of those involved on that BTC "backup" scam?
Is it Baron the same or you confused nicks?

My confusion, I apologise. Will edit my post.

And the plot thickens....   Yes, Tolsi was the accomplice Newbie forum user to Hummer.  Hummer was the Newbie forum user promoting the scam "Backup your Bitcoin Waller File to your Gmail & Dropbox" app... which would actually send your wallet file to the Scammer thief and delete yoir copy of it! 

See
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3596.msg50879#msg50879

I was wondering about the similarity in the writing style between "BCEmporium" and "Baron"....

After 22 pages of this, did anyone at all notice that both accounts are not only brand new...  but both appear to have been created exclusively for THIS thread. 

Baron.  Created February 21.    Posts only in this thread.
BCEmporium.  Created February 22.    Posts only in this thread.

Same writing style.   Both defending "Baron" and claiming wrongdoing by mtgox. 

Are we becoming lazy about spotting suspicious Newbie users who suddenly appear and start posting like mad...  all on one thread...  all defending some scammer or other...?

@Vladimir.   

I'd love to know why you slipped up and called Baron, Toslti.   

Does the name Baron remind you of Toslti?    Is Toslti such an extremely common name that you would remember it?    Personally, I had to look it up every single time I write it because it is such an odd unique name to me.

Oh my god, you must be joking.
So everyone who claiming wrongdoing by mtgox, everyone accused of beeing scamer? And will be conected to me?

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Baron (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 01:00:10 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2011, 01:15:03 PM by Baron

I don't have any connections to BCEmporium , I don't know who he is .  He debate freely.
I can "say" that  "brucewagner" is connected to mtgox.com or maybe he is same person too, because he do not discuss but blaming, but I don't.

-------
I send my ID scan to mtgox.com.

I was contacted yesterday with my lawyers. They offered to take strict actions against mtgox.com to get him to court, They giving me almost 100% guarantee, that I win, but all process can take minimum 6 months.
And I will do this, if we don't resolve all this peacefully in one week.

I am asking mtgox.com to unblock my mtgox.com account for 1 day, because I need to take screenshots of my account as a proof , what is in it. I am not going to withdraw funds or trade.

Also, does mtgox.com blocked account of that member from who was money "stolen" same day, or that member manipulate his account freely? If mtgox.com don't blocked , then this will be strong proof, that something wrong. mtgox.com must block both accounts, until problem not resolved.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2011, 01:15:25 PM

I was contacted yesterday with my lawyers. They offered to take strict actions against mtgox.com to get him to court. And I will do this, if we don't resolve all this peacefully in one week.

I am asking mtgox.com to unblock my mtgox.com account for 1 day, because I need to take screenshots of my account as a proof , what is in it. I am not going to withdraw funds or trade.
Your lawyers told you to take screenshots as proof?  Cheesy  Here is my advice: Get new lawyers.

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
Baron (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 01:19:03 PM

I was contacted yesterday with my lawyers. They offered to take strict actions against mtgox.com to get him to court. And I will do this, if we don't resolve all this peacefully in one week.

Your lawyers told you to take screenshots as proof?  Cheesy  Here is my advice: Get new lawyers.

Of notary eyes.
I must gather all possible proof.

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 02:20:38 PM

I was contacted yesterday with my lawyers.

Not many lawyers working on Saturdays... sounds again shady

fabianhjr

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Do The Evolution

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 02:28:03 PM

Here is what you can do:

-Create a new account trough a proxy
-Save the page from your browser with all resources such as images
-Edit the name and quantity
-Take the screen shot
-Have the evidence rejected in court for not being solid proof

Proof of my Wealth: https://i.imgur.com/MFy1l.png

MtGox owes me over 5M BTC and 100K USDs. Cheesy
/joke

BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 02:31:31 PM

Fabian

With that amount already there, mt gox probably would remove the "add more" link and replace it for a "remove some"  Grin

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
fabianhjr

Do The Evolution

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 02:37:32 PM

Fabian

With that amount already there, mt gox probably would remove the "add more" link and replace it for a "remove some"  Grin

You know what? I just checked and MtGox did just that! Can you believe it? They are acknowledging my richness! Cheesy Now lets try to withdraw.

https://i.imgur.com/peMQ6.png

ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 02:39:15 PM

Baron's lawyer won't want the screenshots for court evidence, he will just want to see them himself to work out exactly what Baron's case is, and what real evidence needs to be assembled.
fabianhjr

Do The Evolution

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 02:48:55 PM

Well, actual factual evidence would be the transaction history from his CC to LRUSDs to MtGox and the fact that it is stuck in there, not an mtgox screenshot. xD

BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 03:01:52 PM

The «factual» evidence, if what's in this thread is true, is that lawyer 1 gets 22500K, lawyer 2 gets 22500K. Baron gets nothing, if not paying even more fees, mtgox ends up in jail for running an illegal black market, Baron can also go spend sometime inside along after all he's also assuming to be trading in that black market, all accounts get "frozen" for further "study" (you can try pick yours but instead of arguing in a forum you would need to pick on a whole police force with an army behind)... a general step back on bitcoin and its community.

(sorry to be so dramatic and pessimistic, but there was a reason why I didn't like this mtgox's CSI part-time in the first place)

|

|
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 03:06:14 PM

So anobody got the IRC logs already ?
I would certainly like to see the Baron's trades to verify his side of the story.

sturle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2011, 03:12:11 PM

All those 'get new lawyer' comments are not very credible. Screenshots are better than nothing and are good starting point. Exchange's cooperation in this matter or luck of it would be quite telling too.
A much better proof would be a complete transaction history to and from the account.  I am sure mtgox would provide Baron with that, if he takes contact.  (Both options implies full trust in mtgox, of course, since the site can modify pages and logs at wish.)

Compare the logs with Baron's transaction logs...  Oh, I forgot.  Baron doesn't keep any history whatsoever of transactions of just a few thousand dollars.

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 03:13:14 PM

All those 'get new lawyer' comments are not very credible. Screenshots are better than nothing and are good starting point. Exchange's cooperation in this matter or luck of it would be quite telling too.

He doesn't quite need them, he already have in this thread mtgox himself saying he blocked his account and why. Being this forum a non-Baron or mtgox controlled environment, it's better than any screenshot from either side.

|

|
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 03:19:34 PM

Bitcoin future is not in black or gray or alternative market. Bitcon's future is in white market and general economy. If some black or gray market outfit goes down I will not shed any tears.

Bitcoin isn't "legal trend" it's tolerated and flies under the radar because it's a rather small parallel economy, 5 mil ain't much on economic terms, so governments doesn't bother much with it nor are up to spend time listen to nerd explaining about it. Make it 1 bln+ economy and you see how fast it goes outlawed.
Now try to shake the waters, put civil courts and lawmakers around it and see what happens also. Depends on the country for starters, Bitcoin being outlawed on Bermudas is totally different than it being outlawed on USA or EU. But don't come believe you are in the "white market", because you aren't.
For make it white you need governments to coop with it, not just say «it's harmless». And law isn't a strict concept, it's a purely relative one; one thing to be lawful or outlaw relies more on the interests of who's in charge than the thing itself.

|

|
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 03:25:26 PM

Bitcoin future is not in black or gray or alternative market. Bitcon's future is in white market and general economy. If some black or gray market outfit goes down I will not shed any tears.

Bitcoin isn't "legal trend" it's tolerated and flies under the radar because it's a rather small parallel economy, 5 mil ain't much on economic terms, so governments doesn't bother much with it nor are up to spend time listen to nerd explaining about it. Make it 1 bln+ economy and you see how fast it goes outlawed.
Now try to shake the waters, put civil courts and lawmakers around it and see what happens also. Depends on the country for starters, Bitcoin being outlawed on Bermudas is totally different than it being outlawed on USA or EU. But don't come believe you are in the "white market", because you aren't.
For make it white you need governments to coop with it, not just say «it's harmless». And law isn't a strict concept, it's a purely relative one; one thing to be lawful or outlaw relies more on the interests of who's in charge than the thing itself.

Fortunately, in some countries people don't give a duck about what is legal and what not, and they will use any way they can, including Bitcoin, to kick their government's ass.
Hopefully, Bitcoin will be as unstoppable as the rest of P2P technology is, and governments unable to fight it will simply accept the fact of its dominance, tolerate it and later - tax it.

I think we will be reaching critical mass soon. After that, there will be no stopping Bitcoin.
Just wait until BTC economy breaks 100.000.000$... Things will get interesting...

sturle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2011, 03:29:27 PM

My trust in Mt. Gox increases for every post I read in this thread.  He has my full support, and is proving right now that this is no kind of black or grey market where whitewashing or trading of stolen goods is allowed.  My confidence in Mt. Gox has gone from medium (after it for a long time was impossible to get money out of the site) to very high.  He has proven to be on the right side of the law, and acts like I would have done myself when coming over a pile of cash where some are proven to be stolen. 

The fact that the coins were stolen has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt a long time ago.  To prove something in real life with mathematical certainty is impossible, but the attempts I have seen here are uninformed speculations in the line of "an alien stole my DNA and did it in my name".  By the evidence and explanations we have seen here alone, and Mt. Gox has even more, there is no reasonable doubt about the theft or who was behind it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: