Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 07:23:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636405 times)
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 09:27:50 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2016, 09:38:05 PM by criptix

^

The analysis is wrong on many levels.
Right now there is enough space to grow enough food for 9-10 billion people.
Main problem is though majority of food is grown in industry nation where 30-40% of good edible food is wasted and thrown away.

On the other side starving people just cant afford the money to buy food.

Just by improving our food managment - i.e. like france is doing right now - would be a big step ahead.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:08:50 PM

^

Main problem is though majority of food is grown in industry nation where 30-40% of good edible food is wasted and thrown away.

Just by improving our food managment - i.e. like france is doing right now - would be a big step ahead.

The world is totally drowning in food. There is record crop yield year after year. Most commodities are at a multi year even 20 year bottom. It´s staggering abundance but also stupendous waste. It´s true, much of all this food is being thrown away.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:09:50 PM

^

Bolded above is not actually a problem.  For example suppose by edict you move some of the food around, then ten years later the impoverished areas are again impoverished.  For a while they ate good, everyone had the normal number of births, 6 per family, then that many more people were impoverished and starving.

galdur

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:14:58 PM

It´s a problem in the eyes of those who create this global warming menace. It´s an agenda which becomes policy and then it becomes a trillion dollar industry with its trading and taxing bubbles in tow.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:17:01 PM

It´s a problem in the eyes of those who create this global warming menace. It´s an agenda which becomes policy and then it becomes a trillion dollar industry with its trading and taxing bubbles in tow.
Well, the vote in the UN, due to the composition of it, would certainly be as you say.

Many African nations have the notable distinction of foreign aid being the major source of income.
galdur

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:20:18 PM

The Wind Might be ‘Free’, but Utterly Pointless Wind Power Costs a King’s Ransom

Germans Face Wind Powered Economic Nightmare: €Billions Squandered on Subsidies, as CO2 Emissions Rise

I recommend this site to understand some of the huge scams in this alternative energy business

http://stopthesethings.com/

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:22:16 PM

The Wind Might be ‘Free’, but Utterly Pointless Wind Power Costs a King’s Ransom

Germans Face Wind Powered Economic Nightmare: €Billions Squandered on Subsidies, as CO2 Emissions Rise

I recommend this site to understand some of the huge scams in this alternative energy business

I have had the impression that German politics was being manipulated by Russia to continue the dependancy on Russian natural gas.

true?
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:22:54 PM

I didnt say that a better food management would be the solution for poverty in the world but it would for sure help the starving people.

There are usually a lot of different problems coming together in 3rd world nations - from economic to social problems.

But overall we need to tackle the basic things first:
Food, education and shelter.

Without the basics i dont think there can be much improvement.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
galdur

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:25:58 PM

I have had the impression that German politics was being manipulated by Russia to continue the dependancy on Russian natural gas.

true?

I doubt it. Germany is a U.S. vassal state, it´s under occupation. I guess that only power manipulating it is the occupying power. Russian occupying forces left Germany 20 years ago.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:30:43 PM

true?

I doubt it. Germany is a U.S. vassal state, it´s under occupation. I guess that only power manipulating it is the occupying power. Russian occupying forces left Germany 20 years ago.

No.  Read about that russian pipeline.  It's an economic issue of domination.
galdur

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:34:37 PM

true?

No.  Read about that russian pipeline.  It's an economic issue of domination.

They´ll have to get the gas from somewhere. If not from Russia then from where? It´s a country of 80 million people with huge industries. You don´t just abolish gas like that for other energy sources which are far from  competitive anyway. If you don´t have competitive energy costs you´re not competitive at all.

galdur

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:51:03 PM

In 2014, Germany consumed energy from the following sources:

Oil 35.0%
Bituminous coal 12.6%
Lignite 12.0%
Natural gas 20.4%
Nuclear power 8.1%
Hydropower, windpower, solar 2.1%
Other renewable 9.0%
Others 1-2%

Half of Germany's timber production is consumed by wood fired plants. Wood fired plants are counted as renewable energy by Germany and the European Union counting them as "carbon neutral".

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:55:37 PM

true?

They´ll have to get the gas from somewhere. If not from Russia then from where? It´s a country of 80 million people with huge industries. You don´t just abolish gas like that for other energy sources which are far from  competitive anyway. If you don´t have competitive energy costs you´re not competitive at all.

galdur

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 11:07:02 PM

The problem with oil, coal and natural gas (if it´s a problem) is that the world is absolutely swimming in the stuff and therefore it´s cheap and cost-effective. It´s always about to run out according to those usual preachers of scarcity but they´re just not in touch with reality.

And when you´re competing with dirt cheap energy sources with that carbon menace hanging over you it´s those alternative energy sources and endless subsidies you end up with.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 01:06:59 AM

true?

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 01:09:38 AM

true?

It doesn't work that way.

If there's a pipeline, then there is no option but to get the gas from the pipeline.  And if the guys profitting from the pipeline feed with money and influence, the peoples' delusions about solar and wind....

The guys with the pipeline (Russia) get all the business.

Throw in a bunch of anti-coal influence just to nail the coffin shut.

Add in some anti-nuclear

See how it works?
galdur

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 01:18:51 AM

true?

If there's a pipeline, then there is no option but to get the gas from the pipeline.  And if the guys profitting from the pipeline feed with money and influence, the peoples' delusions about solar and wind....

Add in some anti-nuclear

See how it works?

That pipeline appeared there for a reason I guess. The reason obviously being that those at one end wanted to buy gas from those at the other end. And as you probably don´t know this pipeline system is being expanded with pipelines through the Baltic. Again the reason is desire to buy gas. The Germans and others need more gas. It´s about cost of energy first and foremost.                                                                                                 

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 01:23:07 AM

true?

Add in some anti-nuclear

See how it works?

That pipeline appeared there for a reason I guess. The reason obviously being that those at one end wanted to buy gas from those at the other end. And as you probably don´t know this pipeline system is being expanded with pipelines through the Baltic. Again the reason is desire to buy gas. The Germans and others need more gas. It´s about cost of energy first and foremost.                                                                                                 
Yes I know about the expansions, and that is related, as I understand, to the last year or two of Russian military actions.

It's a bit deeper than consumer demand.  German I was recently discussing this matter, he frowned at his view of the negative environmental consequences of fracking.  But he positively cringed when I rebutted "Would you rather have your pipeline?"
galdur

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 01:33:17 AM

true?

Add in some anti-nuclear

See how it works?

Yes I know about the expansions, and that is related, as I understand, to the last year or two of Russian military actions.

It's a bit deeper than consumer demand.  German I was recently discussing this matter, he frowned at his view of the negative environmental consequences of fracking.  But he positively cringed when I rebutted "Would you rather have your pipeline?"

What are they going to use instead of that gas and if not this gas where are they going to get it? They need energy. And they´re under that carbon regulation. Nothing can compete with dirt cheap oil, coal and gas and the alternatives just mean constant subsidies. It´s about money, costs and competitiveness. Then they´re phasing out the nuclear power, it´s due to be out in five years.

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 01:38:22 AM

I honestly don't believe there's an issue with energy, there are technological solutions that could produce unlimited clean electrical power for civilization. Electricity can also be used for making propane, methanol and super-clean synthetic diesel until next gen replaces the old tech if it gets supplanted at all. I mean plants breathe CO2 so you shouldn't feel guilty about that methanol fueled V12 roadster at all.

It's all an artificial scarcity racket and it's in good company with global warming IMO. Stating that mankind's environmental impact is akin to that of a small volcano would be an overstatement here. 
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: