Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:01:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636405 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:13:48 AM

Man-made climate change happens. Man-made climate change kills a lot of people. It’s going to kill a lot more. We have laws on the books to punish anyone whose lies contribute to people’s deaths. It’s time to punish the climate-change liars.

This is an argument that’s just being discussed seriously in some circles. It was laid out earlier this month, with all the appropriate caveats, by Lawrence Torcello, a philosophy professor at the Rochester Institute of Technology.

There is a clear precedent, Torcello says, in L’Aquila, Italy, where six seismologists were convicted of manslaughter in connection with a 2009 earthquake that killed 309 people. The scientists weren’t convicted because they failed to predict an earthquake; no one can make such a prediction with reliable precision. But they were convened to study a series of tremors the week before the quake, and tacitly signed off on a government official’s public message that “the situation looks favorable” and residents should chill out with some wine.

http://gawker.com/arrest-climate-change-deniers-1553719888?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_twitter&utm_source=gawker_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:28:26 AM

Man-made climate change happens. Man-made climate change kills a lot of people. It’s going to kill a lot more. We have laws on the books to punish anyone whose lies contribute to people’s deaths. It’s time to punish the climate-change liars.

This is an argument that’s just being discussed seriously in some circles. It was laid out earlier this month, with all the appropriate caveats, by Lawrence Torcello, a philosophy professor at the Rochester Institute of Technology.

There is a clear precedent, Torcello says, in L’Aquila, Italy, where six seismologists were convicted of manslaughter in connection with a 2009 earthquake that killed 309 people. The scientists weren’t convicted because they failed to predict an earthquake; no one can make such a prediction with reliable precision. But they were convened to study a series of tremors the week before the quake, and tacitly signed off on a government official’s public message that “the situation looks favorable” and residents should chill out with some wine.

http://gawker.com/arrest-climate-change-deniers-1553719888?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_twitter&utm_source=gawker_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

....that might have some merit.  Arresting and convicting scientists who just agreed with some politician instead of doing due diligence.

ARREST THE WARMIES!
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:57:18 AM

....that might have some merit.  Arresting and convicting scientists who just agreed with some politician instead of doing due diligence.

ARREST THE WARMIES!

Unfortunately the "warmies" have all those "good" scientists like Bill "No Tornado in Norway" Nye in their pocket.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:06:14 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 11:33:42 AM by notbatman

The warmies are fighting a war on trees. First by cutting off the trees supply of CO2 in the name of carbon footprint taxes. Then using that revenue to fund geo-engineering chemtrail mega projects that smother the trees with toxic metals in the name of combating global climate change.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 10:33:20 AM

The fuck? I immediately did think this was from onion at first, what the global warming guys fail to realise that in order to halt the Carbon Dioxide emissions so much they would have to kill a significant amount of human and animal population and I'm not joking which is why I think this whole thing about Carbon Dioxide is ridiculous, the fact is our planet can't sustain these numbers anymore and people are predicting that unless we go to space within a century our species will go extinct.

Even if you switched to renewable energy and drastically reduced your living standards as a result, the carbon dioxide is still going to rise because living things excrete carbon dioxide, I had actually not thought that deeply about this until I saw this stupid article, these people are fucking insane.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:05:45 PM

The fuck? I immediately did think this was from onion at first, what the global warming guys fail to realise that in order to halt the Carbon Dioxide emissions so much they would have to kill a significant amount of human and animal population and I'm not joking which is why I think this whole thing about Carbon Dioxide is ridiculous, the fact is our planet can't sustain these numbers anymore and people are predicting that unless we go to space within a century our species will go extinct.

Even if you switched to renewable energy and drastically reduced your living standards as a result, the carbon dioxide is still going to rise because living things excrete carbon dioxide, I had actually not thought that deeply about this until I saw this stupid article, these people are fucking insane.

I would agree with that last description. But again they are not insane. What you are describing has been their master plan all along: mass elimination of human beings (excluding them and their family members)

http://youtu.be/PQ9mFw1WM_w

http://youtu.be/D2Mh1-jpE4M

Don't forget: everybody has an agenda including myself. So watch the videos, learn the viewpoint and counter argue with a bigger perspective by using all the tools we have now. The truth may lay somewhat in the middle, but this is fascinating to see this happening in real time in front of us for so long, building historical facts day by day.

ShitHappens

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

“Everyone Is A Bank”

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:19:23 PM

What kind of scientist are you? I didn't get

BABB          |[     BANK ACCOUNT BASED BLOCKCHAIN     ]|       Everyone is a bank
▬                       JOIN TOKEN SALE                       ▬
▬▬▬▬▬     JOIN THE COMMUNITY    |    Telegram     ▬▬▬▬▬
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:30:21 PM

UN IPCC’s scariest climate prediction ever – ‘a global surge in the number of golfers’

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:30:49 PM

What kind of scientist are you? I didn't get

Same as you.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:04:54 PM

.....I had actually not thought that deeply about this until I saw this stupid article, these people are fucking insane.
yeah, but consider this....after the stupid headline...

"Cow farts cause global warming..."

Next thing is the "FIX" through TAXING IT.

That's what it's always about.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:14:27 AM

seems like Reddit has some control freaks running the show.  I new I got a weird vibe when I was there for a short period of time.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:51:10 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 01:31:26 PM by Spendulus

....The truth may lay somewhat in the middle....
Hell no.

It is the case that we are seeing a ratcheting up of the more extreme claims, the least provable ones, and those which are most usable for making emotional claims - these are the claims of extreme weather of one sort or another.  And we're seeing the association made with virtually every extreme weather event.  If it is reported on the media systems, it's associated with the "climate change" meme.

Orchestrated?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:44:33 PM

....The truth may lay somewhat in the middle....
Hell no.

It is the case that we are seeing a ratcheting up of the more extreme claims, the least provable ones, and those which are most usable for making emotional claims - these are the claims of extreme weather of one sort or another.  And we're seeing the association made with virtually every extreme weather event.  If it is reported on the media systems, it's associated with the "climate change" meme.

Orchestrated?

That quote was specifically targeting the video I included regarding how the WWF was born and the 1001 Club and its consequences, etc. The truth in the middle is what someone who would watch those videos would conclude based on his own research, on his own bias. His "middle" may not be my middle, his "extremes" may not be my extremes. I had to add myself as a bias variable.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:38:41 PM

“The human impact on global climate is small, and any warming that may occur as a result of human carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions is likely to have little effect on global temperatures, the cryosphere (ice-covered areas), hydrosphere (oceans, lakes, and rivers), or weather.

Climate Change Reconsidered II: Biological Impacts, the subject of this Summary for Policymakers, examines the scientific research on the impacts of rising temperatures and atmospheric CO2 levels on the biological world. It finds no net harm to the global environment or to human health and often finds the opposite: net benefits to plants, including important food crops, and to animals and human health.”

[...]
The scholarly reports produced by the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change (NIPCC), an international network of climate scientists sponsored by three nonprofit organizations: Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change, Science and Environmental Policy Project (SEPP), and The Heartland Institute. Previous volumes in the Climate Change Reconsidered series were published in 2008, 2009, 2011, and 2013. Those volumes along with separate executive summaries for the second, third, and fourth reports are available for free online on this site.

Whereas the reports of the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) warn of a dangerous human effect on climate, NIPCC concludes the human effect is likely to be small relative to natural variability, and whatever small warming is likely to occur will produce benefits as well as costs.

Climate Change Reconsidered II consists of three parts, the two being released now and an earlier volume, subtitled Physical Science, released on September 17-18, 2013 in Chicago, Illinois USA. Additional release events took place the following weeks in Washington, DC, New York, Florida, St. Louis, England, Germany, Holland, and California. That volume can be viewed here.

http://climatechangereconsidered.org/

http://heartland.org/media-library/pdfs/CCR-IIb/Summary-for-Policymakers.pdf

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:51:09 PM

It cited the risk of death or injury on a widespread scale, probable damage to public health, displacement of people and potential mass migrations.

“Throughout the 21st century, climate-change impacts are projected to slow down economic growth, make poverty reduction more difficult, further erode food security, and prolong existing and create new poverty traps, the latter particularly in urban areas and emerging hotspots of hunger,” the report declared.

The report also cites the possibility of violent conflict over land or other resources, to which climate change might contribute indirectly “by exacerbating well-established drivers of these conflicts such as poverty and economic shocks.”

The scientists emphasized that climate change is not just some problem of the distant future, but is happening now. For instance, in much of the American West, mountain snowpack is declining, threatening water supplies for the region, the scientists reported. And the snow that does fall is melting earlier in the year, which means there is less meltwater to ease the parched summers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/31/science/earth/panels-warning-on-climate-risk-worst-is-yet-to-come.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=1

-----------------------------
http://youtu.be/O3ZOKDmorj0

BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:24:55 AM

People will deny anything, Remember the world was thought to be flat at one point.
BitcoinINV

RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 12:39:34 AM

They also thought the sun revolved around the earth

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:59:38 AM

They also thought Einstein was wrong until he could bring irrefutable proofs about... Anyone? Anyone?
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:36:47 PM

Historic map of Antarctica with no ice:

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/04/02/the-age-of-civil-unrest-part-ii/

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:42:32 PM

They also thought the sun revolved around the earth

There are plenty of people even now who think that the sun revolves around the earth.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=519616.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: