Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:58:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 400 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - Scrypt meow!  (Read 470642 times)
bettercoinpool

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:34:06 PM

Is this the first cat to reach mars?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Airguardian

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:39:26 PM

Welcome to CATPOOL.in

PPLNS, 0% FEE ... YES!!! realy, 0% FEE! automatic payments & quick confirmations...

• Our pool have no fees!
  • Our server are located in Germany.
  • We get automated backups of our system.
  • You can get automatic payments if you like to.
  • We are quickly processing your transactions.
  • The pool is stratum powered.

We need everyone miners with any hashes! We need you! Register now!

SCAM! Don't fall for this. Minimum automatic payout is 50 CAT and manual cash-out fee is 1 CAT. WTF?!
itsallpc

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:41:04 PM

wtf!? where is normal work version of QT fro Mac OSX Mavericks? is it ok?? it not cool, it's really sad!

Do it guys, or you're fags!

Your slaves are here to serve you sir! you need to give them some more punishement these dirty fags aren't make you the Mavericks wallet fast enough!

Seriously! if you want to ask for something, ask politely or leave, no want want's to deal with a disrepectful prick.

+1

wow that is just rude manners cost nothing all you had to say was please could you fix this thank you..... hmmmmmm
bettercoinpool

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:44:19 PM

Bettercoin Pools will reopen today.  Faster, ddos protected, secured and better than ever.  Refunds 99% processed.  Miners will be notified via email.  FYI

OBrien

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:46:32 PM

Three questions to tech and miner CATs:

- do you believe that large difficulty jump could hurt the CATcoin prospects?

- can the mining effort be reduced prior to recalc, to reduce the jump magnitude?

- would trust in CATcoin strengthen from the coordinated action of the stakeholders?

CATs network action has to be smart if you want to get to Mars!

- it's a double edged sword, a large difficulty could push miners to move to other coins, on the same time it could make the coin worth more, but again it's better to have a smoother increase

- Yes it is possible.

- I don't think it matter at much at this point, because the coin it self is still in it infancy, and the big guys didn't jump boat yet, but it might streghten the confidence of current stakeholders and might open a perspective to more.

386 blocks to go with the current hashrate of over 3Gh/s we are headed towards 400+ difficulty .... which is scary if you ask me, an increase to 100sh would be more reasonable

Diff can only go up by maximum 4 times.
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:53:17 PM

- can the mining effort be reduced prior to recalc, to reduce the jump magnitude?

- would trust in CATcoin strengthen from the coordinated action of the stakeholders?

- it's a double edged sword, a large difficulty could push miners to move to other coins, on the same time it could make the coin worth more, but again it's better to have a smoother increase

- Yes it is possible.

- I don't think it matter at much at this point, because the coin it self is still in it infancy, and the big guys didn't jump boat yet, but it might streghten the confidence of current stakeholders and might open a perspective to more.

386 blocks to go with the current hashrate of over 3Gh/s we are headed towards 400+ difficulty .... which is scary if you ask me, an increase to 100sh would be more reasonable

How much time to recalc? Who would join the effort to reduce mining? making coin "worth more" might be a very risky bet...
POOLOWNERS -> MAKES ECONOMIC SENSE TO SLOW DOWN FOR AN HOUR BEFORE RECALC?
HEDGE YOUR RISK AND MAKE THIS COIN LEGEND NOT PUMP AND DUMP!

374 blocks left till recalucl, at current hash rate we are at around 1min 30s per block which amouts to a total 33660s or around 9hours and 20sh minutes this depends on the hash rate of course so this is just an estimation using current numbers

As for lowering the hashrate, I think the only way to this effictively is to do it with pools (pools provedes the highest hashrate) after 100block mark they should ask people to turn off their miners for a bit, or the Pools can do a maintenance periode of a couple of minutes.... ect (it's up to pool owners, people should think of ideas to help with this) but my fear is that I doubt that all pool owner will play the game if they agree to do to begin with (some greedy owners would want to get the traffic from those pools that are on pause and stuff like that) but again if people are responsable and wants the coin to have a long and stable life, they should turn their off their miners or forward toward another coin when we get to the last 50 blocks or so
serge79

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:53:22 PM

- Yes it is possible.

Ready to go past 1 BTC for 1k CAT :-)
suchjordon

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:54:03 PM

Welcome to CatCoinPls.com - PPLNS + We offer automatic payments and quick confirmations. WE ALSO OFFER 0% FEES

Heres a few reasons to join our pool:

• Our server are located in Romania.
  • We get automated backups of our system.
  • You can get automatic payments if you like to.
  • We are quickly processing your transactions.
  • The pool is stratum powered.
  • We offer 0% fees

We accept every miner with any hash rate! Please Register Now!
kuroman

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:56:51 PM

- Yes it is possible.

Oh yes true I forgot about the limit but that's still 256 if I'm not mistaking
Reece523

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:03:01 PM

We need the extra difficulty... The market is completely flooded with dumping miners. The only way for prices to go up is for supply to be restricted. Since it is seemingly impossible to convince many CAT miners of this fact, the only way to end the present onslaught is to reduce the supply of new coins entering the market.

The harder these coins are to mine, the better. Less supply means higher prices for those who own them. Higher prices means people will find it just as profitable or moreso to mine than it is at present.
kisa2005

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:08:43 PM

We need the extra difficulty... The market is completely flooded with dumping miners. The only way for prices to go up is for supply to be restricted. Since it is seemingly impossible to convince many CAT miners of this fact, the only way to end the present onslaught is to reduce the supply of new coins entering the market.

The harder these coins are to mine, the better. Less supply means higher prices for those who own them. More price means people will find it just as profitable or moreso to mine than it is at present.

Can the network become less stable, if miners leave after difficulty recalc? -> there is no guarantee yet the CAT new demand gets large enough to offset weak holders dumping for the next 64 days ...if the CAT price doesn't stabilize at higher level the difficulty could be a real risk. So the issue is perhaps to make the jump less dramatic.

thanks Reece for reflecting, highly appreciated!
Last1212

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:09:01 PM

- Yes it is possible.

How much time to recalc? Who would join the effort to reduce mining? making coin "worth more" might be a very risky bet...
POOLOWNERS -> MAKES ECONOMIC SENSE TO SLOW DOWN FOR AN HOUR BEFORE RECALC?
HEDGE YOUR RISK AND MAKE THIS COIN LEGEND NOT PUMP AND DUMP!

Big pools - stop mining for a while! Or we will get great difficulty jump!

Some donate will be good))))))
LTC: LLEhzonntRjo4pLqaw93ZQzw8Qdx3HQ2k7        DOGE: DCty26Yk5kbG2NfoknoyY3UajPzsmbhXP9
WDC: WYJW8RYrc3C8K7duaAWqs8YayMLLNEkWBC        CAT: 9nJcehD9dkcsrrVmJxnLJRFc61158nTvvP
Xtar

Activity: 625
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:10:48 PM

Well, next diff 256.
It will be 25 CATs in 24 hrs with 6000 kh/s.
Price must go up, I think....
Hold your CATs, buy cheap CATs now!

AND CREATE CATCOIN WIKI SOMEONE! My english not well...
CatCoinForums

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:13:28 PM

500 CAT COIN GIVEAWAY [NEWS = http://www.catcoinforum.com/showthread.php?tid=28&page=19 ]

GOODLUCK TOO ALL LEGIT ENTRIES. 13 SPOTS LEFT!
Reece523

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:16:18 PM

The network will be fine though some fat cat miners may tell you otherwise because they like how much more money they make mining CAT at the present difficulty.

What real investors in CAT need is a reduction in supply. Most miners don't really care about supply and if we're being honest, most miners don't really care about this coin so long as they have somewhere else they can make more money. CAT isn't an investment for them, it is just a cost benefit analysis. Real CAT investors should welcome higher difficulty since with higher difficulty our CATS will become more valuable. Higher difficulty dictates higher value. The difficulty on Bitcoin keeps rising astronomically though people don't balk about that and complain that the algorithm should be changed.

So in summary, higher difficulty is a very good thing.

The harder these coins are to mine, the better. Less supply means higher prices for those who own them. More price means people will find it just as profitable or moreso to mine than it is at present.

Can the network become less stable, if miners leave after difficulty recalc? -> there is no guarantee yet the CAT new demand gets large enough to offset weak holders dumping for the next 64 days ...if the CAT price doesn't stabilize at higher level the difficulty could be a real risk. So the issue is perhaps to make the jump less dramatic.

Xtar

Activity: 625
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:23:04 PM

BTW, everybody must change signatures and add CAT-wallet. It will popularize our CATs.

Maybe make giveaway for that? I'll donate some, if it will be.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:32:10 PM

Sure, however that difficulty spike will take me out as a CPU miner. .7 cats mined so far, I might make it to one on my own.

C
kuroman

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:32:23 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2013, 02:43:38 PM by kuroman

The network will be fine though some fat cat miners may tell you otherwise because they like how much more money they make mining CAT at the present difficulty.

What real investors in CAT need is a reduction in supply. Most miners don't really care about supply and if we're being honest, most miners don't really care about this coin so long as they have somewhere else they can make more money. CAT isn't an investment for them, it is just a cost benefit analysis. Real CAT investors should welcome higher difficulty since with higher difficulty our CATS will become more valuable. Higher difficulty dictates higher value. The difficulty on Bitcoin keeps rising astronomically though people don't balk about that and complain that the algorithm should be changed.

You are contradicting yourself : In one hand you say that most Cat miners don't care and will jump boat if difficulty is high or rather revenue is low (much less coin with high difficulty and the price will not necessary rise and if it does it will not happen instantly which will push miners to leave) and on the other hand you say that it's good, if miners leaves the coin is as good as dead especially with 64 days for next difficulty adjustement.

Let me set things straight, if you are saying that I'm one of the big miners, then rest assured, I have less catcoins than 99% of the people here which is less 200cats, my hash rate is 300-400kh/s  so no you are totally wrong

Also no one is saying the difficulty should not increase, that's not even the point here, read previous comments, all we are saying is instead of a dramatic increase that might just kill the coin and you can flush your coins to the (toillet) computer bin it's better to have a more saistainable increase x1.5 to x2 sounds reasonnable, it will give a certain amount of time to people and prices to adjust smoothly and to have the next difficulty attainable in a reasonnable amout of time aswell (if the hash rate remains as high after, it will be a matter of a couple of weeks or even less
Reece523

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:35:49 PM

With ~ 2 minutes per block, there are ~ 30 blocks per hour
Block reward is 50 CATS so that's 1500 CATS per hour being created.

Multiply that by 24 and you get a daily total of 36000 CATS being created. (And we wonder why prices aren't increasing... Most miners don't invest so most of these 36000 are getting resold...)

dzsudzsu7

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:39:44 PM

I don't know guys what to do.Should I turn off my miners or not?I want to help the cats Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 400 »
  Print  

Jump to: