Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 03:46:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... 400 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - Scrypt meow!  (Read 470674 times)
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:05:02 PM

And it would be VERY NICE if the OP could list us, 0% fee, PROP - 60 confirmations   thank you

http://cat.poolerino.com will lower the confirmations to 60 tonight.

Also if pools begin to adopt this lower confirmation rate, then it can only be good for the coin.

I am sending the dev a TG about every pool that adopts the lower confirm rate and asking they get more space in the first post.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Mikellev

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:07:13 PM

Thank you.... I can also update this voting then.  Why did the op not list us ...strange.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=384772

And it would be VERY NICE if the OP could list us, 0% fee, PROP - 60 confirmations   thank you

Also if pools begin to adopt this lower confirmation rate, then it can only be good for the coin.

I am sending the dev a TG about every pool that adopts the lower confirm rate and asking they get more space in the first post.
Nullu

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:09:10 PM

Thank you.... I can also update this voting then.  Why did the op not list us ...strange.

I know the OP has been quite busy lately. May be worth just dropping him a friendly PM if you aren't already listed in the first post.  Smiley

I'm hoping he'll put all the pool links who offer a smaller confirm rate in larger font.

kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:13:01 PM

Thank you.... I can also update this voting then.  Why did the op not list us ...strange.

And it would be VERY NICE if the OP could list us, 0% fee, PROP - 60 confirmations   thank you

If I remember correctly the OP has you listed as the top pool in the begining and it was one of the reason why you had the highest hashrate, in fact it was over 60% of net hashrate, just to avoid 51% atk he removed temporarly and I think he forgot to add you back (he had some issues apparently ) but for this I believe you deserve to be on top of the list, and everyone who does, should be added again to top Smiley and those who does want to help hmm temporarly removed :p? I'll leave that to op and community
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:14:01 PM

And on another news, another big exchange is picking up catcoin pretty soon, stay tuned till their official annoucement Cheesy

Hey, give us a small idea. You are not resposible if it won´t happen  Wink
kuroman

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:17:58 PM

And on another news, another big exchange is picking up catcoin pretty soon, stay tuned till their official annoucement Cheesy

Hey, give us a small idea. You are not resposible if it won´t happen  Wink

It's just a small reply a member of their team, so nothing official, and they might back out, but they said if everything goes as planned they'll add the coin in the following days and as soon as possible Smiley
Mikellev

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:23:07 PM

Sorry but WTF ? And Im wondering what we did wrong why we lost so many miners.......

Good and stable pool punched by coin dev... well nice. And to be sure, we always close our pools as soon we hit the 50%. Otherwise why should we harm the coin in any way....

If I remember correctly the OP has you listed as the top pool in the begining and it was one of the reason why you had the highest hashrate, in fact it was over 60% of net hashrate, just to avoid 51% atk he removed temporarly and I think he forgot to add you back (he had some issues apparently ) but for this I believe you deserve to be on top of the list, and everyone who does, should be added again to top Smiley and those who does want to help hmm temporarly removed :p? I'll leave that to op and community
kuroman

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:26:14 PM

Sorry but WTF ? And Im wondering what we did wrong why we lost so many miners.......

Good and stable pool punched by coin dev... well nice. And to be sure, we always close our pools as soon we hit the 50%. Otherwise why should we harm the coin in any way....

Like I said I'm not sure, dev himself didn't say a thing, all I remember is that at the begining there was a little outcry about the hashrate distribution, (btw I've been mining in your pool since day one.)
gemini

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:33:42 PM

Hey,
I've send transaction over 36hours ago and still 0 confirmations. Any ideas?
Coin are not available in my wallet, but they didn't arrived to the recipient.

Reece523

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:35:23 PM

Is the recipient Cryptsy? I read recently that some people were having deposit time problems with them in many altcoins.

Hey,

gemini

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:41:28 PM

Is the recipient Cryptsy? I read recently that some people were having deposit time problems with them in many altcoins.

Hey,

No it's coinedup. But as for cryptsy I guess that cryptsy have technical problems with addresses right?
Here looks like network problem. No confirmations at all in the wallet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yx2bx6w7dx1nl7l/Zrzut%20ekranu%202014-01-01%2021.31.03.png
Nullu

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:43:55 PM

I don't think it was at all intentional, and I'll ensure you are relisted. The dev reported that his house had been burgled recently, so it appears he's had a lot to deal with recently.

dotnetmin

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:49:14 PM

A few posts before you are discussing about profibility and multipools

Do we need to have multipools mining CAT Huh All i see is that they destroyed DOGE

After DOGE will bed dead the switch to the next coin, maybe WDC

Did i inderstand right that maybe a big pool could manipulate next difficulty level jumping in short before next retarget.

I am not sure if difficulty and miners are viewed buy investors. I came to digital currency as investor a few weeks ago
and i did not really understand something about how coins are made.

After buying a rig and started mining i learned a lot more how it works and i need to spend a lot of time finding my level i have today.

If you start investing in coins you are interested in how rare a coin is. Our FIAT currency is inflated so much and destroyed buying power of Fiat currency. If you are searching for alternative investment after stocks, fPM (physical gold,silver) and real estate you will find digital currency more and more within the next years.

I thing the best way for the coin is leave as it is and work on promote it.

We dont need only hashpower to generate coins and dump into market.

ZBBBB

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:54:10 PM

I always use poolerino, including for other alt coins. It is always amazing and can not complain about 1 thing. However I don't think you have done anything to lose miners, it's just this silly difficulty. Even though people responded earlier there still wasn't an answer. With this difficulty why should I keep mining 30 coins a day until it retargets, then I can almost mine in 2 days the same I did over the past 2 weeks? I am staying with the coin and leaving my machines on it, but I am sure this went through a ton of peoples heads, they can just mine something more profitable and come back when the difficulty is less. In reality missing 2 weeks of hard difficulty is the equivalent of missing 1 or 2 days of easy mining. Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong with this mindset.
Nullu

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:55:40 PM

A few posts before you are discussing about profibility and multipools

Do we need to have multipools mining CAT Huh All i see is that they destroyed DOGE

After DOGE will bed dead the switch to the next coin, maybe WDC

Did i inderstand right that maybe a big pool could manipulate next difficulty level jumping in short before next retarget.

I am not sure if difficulty and miners are viewed buy investors. I came to digital currency as investor a few weeks ago
and i did not really understand something about how coins are made.

After buying a rig and started mining i learned a lot more how it works and i need to spend a lot of time finding my level i have today.

If you start investing in coins you are interested in how rare a coin is. Our FIAT currency is inflated so much and destroyed buying power of Fiat currency. If you are searching for alternative investment after stocks, fPM (physical gold,silver) and real estate you will find digital currency more and more within the next years.

I thing the best way for the coin is leave as it is and work on promote it.

We dont need only hashpower to generate coins and dump into market.

Difficulty is tied to the coin itself, not the pool. Pools are free to list any coins they choose, and some people don't like multipools because they switch to whatever's most profitable in relation to the expected btc value, so it can harm new coins quite a bit.

There's a lot of different things going on at once, so you have to look at the whole picture. Less people are mining the coin due to lower profitability, but the profitiability is lower because a lot of early miners still hold a lot of coins. When they dry up, and when the next difficulty level changes it will be lower because less people have been mining the coin. This means profitability will go back up and hopefully more coins will be in the hands of the new miners not mostly the miners who mined a lot from the start.

More miners just mine coins based on profitability than speculation. It's usually investors who do most of the speculating, however there is an important connection between investors, users, and miners, and you can fall into one or more of those categories. Once you understand the forces involved you get a better idea of what drives a coin's value.

Reece523

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:01:12 PM

Most people on here complain about FIAT but most coins inflate far faster than fiat does... Completely insane. Being the most profitable coin to mine ensures the supply of your coin increases at a rate which puts the Fed to absolute shame. Seriously, anyone been tracking the growth in the coin supply of Elacoin? That coin has almost quadrupled it's coin supply since December yet it came out in May. That's what happens when you change the block reward from 1 to 5 and in the process massively incentivize miners to mine your coin. Being the best coin for miners is not a benefit, it is a curse. It is a curse which anyone who is not a miner should see immediately. Being the most profitable coin for miners ensures that it is almost impossible for the coin to sustain any considerable long term appreciation. Sure, it may go up temporarily but how much can such a coin possibly go up in value? The higher in value it goes, the more hashes are sent it's way. It sounds kind of like the worst investment possible, actually. I mean, how is a coin supposed to gain value if it gets attacked with gigahashes every time it appreciates?

So, in sum... We should rejoice that dumpers are abandoning us. For miners that genuinely care about CAT and it's future, there is no reason not to send some of your hashing power CAT's way... Plenty of people do that for coins they actually believe in. Sadly, I see more and more confirmation that most miners care only about the Almighty U.S. dollar. Or perhaps it is not such a sad thing afterall... I mean, do we really want such people mining our coin? Why? So they can dump it on us? So they can post nice positive stuff about CAT when it is rising and trash talk the shit out of it when it dares disobey their order to fork the coin and reset the difficulty? Why the heck would they care if that destroys the coin -- the coin is already destroyed as far as they are concerned, as is every single coin except the very most profitable coin (that logic clearly only makes sense in Miner Land).
dzsudzsu7

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:04:49 PM

Guys i think we should do something with the network hashrate it's below 0,5 Gh/s for hours.We must encourage miners somehow to stay loyal to Catcoin.
dotnetmin

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:09:27 PM

sold all my DOGE for CAT. Market wont see these for a long long time
Reece523

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:10:09 PM

Prices will probably rise tomorrow. It's New Year's Day -- not exactly the time most people log onto Cryptsy looking to buy coins. Prices only have to rise to 0.0012 or so and I think many people who at least feel a little something for CAT will probably be happy to throw their hashing power at it. Right now it really does take a true believer to do such a thing.

Guys i think we should do something with the network hashrate it's below 0,5 Gh/s for hours.We must encourage miners somehow to stay loyal to Catcoin.
Nullu

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:11:04 PM

Most people on here complain about FIAT but most coins inflate far faster than fiat does... Completely insane. Being the most profitable coin to mine ensures the supply of your coin increases at a rate which puts the Fed to absolute shame. Seriously, anyone been tracking the growth in the coin supply of Elacoin? That coin has almost quadrupled it's coin supply since December yet it came out in May. That's what happens when you change the block reward from 1 to 5 and in the process massively incentivize miners to mine your coin. Being the best coin for miners is not a benefit, it is a curse. It is a curse which anyone who is not a miner should see immediately. Being the most profitable coin for miners ensures that it is almost impossible for the coin to sustain any considerable long term appreciation. Sure, it may go up temporarily but how much can such a coin possibly go up in value? The higher in value it goes, the more hashes are sent it's way. It sounds kind of like the worst investment possible, actually. I mean, how is a coin supposed to gain value if it gets attacked with gigahashes every time it appreciates?

So, in sum... We should rejoice that dumpers are abandoning us. For miners that genuinely care about CAT and it's future, there is no reason not to send some of your hashing power CAT's way... Plenty of people do that for coins they actually believe in. Sadly, I see more and more confirmation that most miners care only about the Almighty U.S. dollar. Or perhaps it is not such a sad thing afterall... I mean, do we really want such people mining our coin? Why? So they can dump it on us? So they can post nice positive stuff about CAT when it is rising and trash talk the shit out of it when it dares disobey their order to fork the coin and reset the difficulty? Why the heck would they care if that destroys the coin -- the coin is already destroyed as far as they are concerned, as is every single coin except the very most profitable coin (that logic clearly only makes sense in Miner Land).

Well, I guess that's why we have difficulty re-adjustments to compensate. What this coin has that 99% of altcoins lack is a strong community that seems to be growing. It's a coin both for those who want a fun coin to mine and use, and for those who want a serious coin that makes for a good investment. Just look at this thread compared to the 3 or 4 new coin threads we get a day, and that should tell you enough that this coin is different from the rest. When you have an altcoin that has no economic use, then people will simply trade it in for bitcoin and then into fiat money. That's what most people are doing on this forum. Bitcoin was the first of its kind, so it has a sustainable economy around it. If you want to seriously develop a coin, then instead of worrying about the current worth of the coin, you give it worth by providing services. It's when the coin changes hands and becomes useful that it gains real value. In its use. Not in its market value. I don't buy a product or service based on how well its stock is doing.

It's kind of madness when you think about it. Money is meant to be spent. Most altcoins only serve one purpose; propping up Bitcoin. Every crapcoin is infact just making Bitcoin a stronger currency, as it's the gold standard in crypto currency. People aren't "spending" altcoins in the sense that they may spend Bitcoins. I think in the long term the altcoins that will survive are the ones that develop a microeconomy; websites, services, trading, gambling and the like. This above any other means do we have the strongest possible influence over the coin's intrinsic worth.

Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... 400 »
  Print  

Jump to: