Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:40:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... 400 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - Scrypt meow!  (Read 470644 times)
vondi1122

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:42:12 PM

And now get some hashes to http://cat.poolerino.com  0% fee and only 60 confirmations needed !

Thank you.

+1 great pool

MoozicoreWORLDS FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN

█████                     █████
  ███████                   ███████
  ███████       █████       ███████
  ███████      ███████      ███████
   █████        █████        █████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raistlinthewiz

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 06:42:17 PM

.:: 30 Confirmations ::.

Quick Start

Start with registering on our pool & creating workers for your computers. You can use our automated config generator in our workers page and download pre-configured files for your mining software.

EU Stratum Server: stratum+tcp://eu.coinum.org:3336
US Stratum Server: stratum+tcp://us.coinum.org:3336

CGMiner Configuration

Here is sample CGMiner configurations with fail-over support. Given that the stratum server you use fails, your miner software will continue to work with out other stratum server.
Note: You have to change WORKER and PASS with your actual worker-name and worker-password values you get from workers page.

EU
Code:
./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://eu.coinium.org:3336 -u WORKER -p PASS --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://us.coinium.org:3336 -u WORKER -p PASS --scrypt -I 13

US
Code:
./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://us.coinium.org:3336 -u WORKER -p PASS --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://eu.coinium.org:3336 -u WORKER -p PASS --scrypt -I 13

• Our network - We already operate first class & high performance pools, check our other pools over http://www.coinium.org
  • %0 fee - Our network have no fees! We just kindly ask you to donate if you like to.
  • Stratum servers - We have stratum servers in Europe and  United States. Right now we have a total of 4 servers (2 stratum server, 1 webserver and 1 database server) and we are quickly upgrading & adding new servers to stack when we need to.
  • Fail-over config support - In case that the stratum server you use fails, your miner will just continue to mine with our secondary stratum server.
  • DDOS Protected - Our servers are DDOS protected 7x24!
  • Automated backups - We get automated backups of our system.
  • Automatic payments - You can set automatic payments if you like to.
  • Fast confirmations - We are quickly processing your transactions once newly found blocks are confirmed.
  • Automatic config generator - Check our workers page to automatically download a generated configuration file for your workers with fail-over support!
  • Continous support - We are eager to help our users! You can ask for support in our forum topic.
  • IRC support - We have operators in our IRC channel and you can chit-chat about mining too.
  • Mobile friendly - We have mobile friendly user interface so you can check your miner's status from your mobile devices
  • Contests - We are regularly creating contests and giving bonus coins to our miners!

CatCoinForums

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:45:17 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2014, 07:00:48 PM by CatCoinForums

I honestly cant believe the price of Catcoin.. This coin should be at a steady 0.001 per coin. Media attention will help this coin, even creating articles just discussing the potential this coin has, create giveaways on the forum: www.catcoinforum.com

At this current rate its going to take atleast 1month+ to get a change in difficultly. The only hope we have mainly is if people stop selling due to not many coins being on the market, the price will start to increase bringing in more miners and hopefully we can get a change in difficultly.
janos666

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:51:59 PM

I honestly cant believe the price of Catcoin.. This coin should be at a steady 0.01 per coin.

No no no... Don't ever say this number again (at least until the next difficulty retargeting)!
The initial 0.001 mark is what caused the current situation at the first place!
0.001 is a way to low price to make it profitable for mining with the current difficulty. It must be between 0.002 and 0.0025 to be picked up by miners!
0.0005-0.001 was fine with diff 64 in the first two days, but it's not even close to the optimal price with the current difficulty!
CatCoinForums

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:58:25 PM

I honestly cant believe the price of Catcoin.. This coin should be at a steady 0.01 per coin.

No no no... Don't ever say this number again (at least until the next difficulty retargeting)!
0.001 is a way to low price to make it profitable for mining with the current difficulty. It must be between 0.002 and 0.0025 to be picked up by miners!
0.0005-0.001 was fine with diff 64 in the first two days, but it's not even close to the optimal price with the current difficulty!

Ah got my 0's misplaced, i meant 0.001. No need to go all mathematical on me lol just a mistake, chill.
moonpool

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:59:16 PM

CAT does not have this luxury. CAT exists in an extremely competitive environment where it must attract both investors and miners from all the other altcoins, more of which come out every day. Saying CAT is fine just cause it's the same specs as BTC is ignorant and deluded. In the end, coin prices are determined by supply and demand. While supply is indeed shrinking due to the lack of miners, the unfortunate thing is the demand is also shrinking due to the extremely high block times. Many on this thread claim that promotion will fix the problem but last night I attempted to transfer some CAT and each confirmation took nearly 3 hours. Of course this is an unusually long time even for the current hash rate but it demonstrates just how bad the problem is. How do you promote such a crypto? Who will use a coin that takes this long to confirm? It's use even in a gambling site is questionable as it takes half an hour to send in your CAT and half an hour to retrieve your winnings. Why would you roll the dice with CAT when doge can do it in 2 minutes?
I've stated this multiple times, and the die hard people in here dont seem to care.

This needs a hard fork. Its unquestionable.

Your catcoin does not have enough popularity to keep at the current price and last the 80 days of difficulty retarget time that is needed at the current net hashrate of .35, which is getting lower and lower by the way.

needs a different block difficulty retarget time or this coin will die.
You can't even transfer into coinedup right now because 3 confirms take so insanely long.

Your coin is going to die if you guys don't do something.

even so,
http://catpool.pw is here to stay, whether or not you guys hard fork.

janos666

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:01:22 PM

Ah got my 0's misplaced, i meant 0.001. No need to go all mathematical on me lol just a mistake, chill.

I know (well, actually my subconscious automatically corrected your number for sanity).
But my opinion stands still! I didn't misplace the decimal point here:

0.001 won't cut it! We need a 0.002 baseline with some 0.0025 spikes.
CatCoinForums

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:09:54 PM

I know (well, actually my subconscious automatically corrected your number for sanity).
But my opinion stands still! I didn't misplace the decimal point here:

I also agree that 0.001 isnt profitable for miners, but it should be a steady 0.001 even if it isnt profitable simple as that. Then the activity from miners and promoters will increase that too 0.0025 on-wards.
This coin should not be dropping to what it is now, even with the nethashrate low as it is. There is a manipulator on the crypty website dropping the price either to make a fortune or to kill the coin.
vondi1122

Activity: 826

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:10:15 PM

So, whats the plan to increase hashrate guys? Will this coin die now? I know nobody can answer this question sincerely, but there is this constant trend of losing hashrate. We need immediate action/more hashrate ... !

MoozicoreWORLDS FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN

█████                     █████
  ███████       █████       ███████
   █████        █████        █████
janos666

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:16:41 PM

I also agree that 0.001 isnt profitable for miners, but it should be a steady 0.001 even if it isnt profitable simple as that. Then the activity from miners and promoters will increase that too 0.0025 on-wards.
This coin should not be dropping to what it is now, even with the nethashrate low as it is. There is a manipulator on the crypty website dropping the price either to make a fortune or to kill the coin.

Then why do you suggest it? People are already fixated on 0.001 which is very wrong from the beginning. Why give them this number again as a false reference?

I guess it's a combination of both. Some people want to make too much profit from this coin but they didn't realize that they took it too far and practically killed the coin on the run.
stormtide

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:23:00 PM

@atheistftwins

Thank you, I could not have written it better my self! There are sane people out there..
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:28:42 PM

The following is why short of someone seriously manipulating the prices upward, CATcoin will continue its death spiral. There are many die hard optimists in this thread who don't use logic and invest purely based on emotion or some arbitrary libertarian ideal. Those people will say things along the lines of "The difficulty retarget and block times are perfect because it's the same as bitcoin" or "CAT is an alternative to bitcoin which is more decentralized and combats the increasing levels of bitcoin regulation by governments". In reality, however, CAT is not operating under the same environment as BTC and treating them the same is a mistake:

When BTC was this young, it was the first and only crypto out there. There was no option to mine other coins if the difficulty got too high or sites such as coinwarz which told you the most profitable coin to mine at any given time. Multipools did not exist and there wasn't even an exchange where people could trade the coins they mined that told them what is the market price at the time. Therefore the concept of a huge number of miners bringing difficulty up and then bailing when the difficulty has retargeted was not a big fear. Now that BTC has ASICs, this is even less of a concern since miners who own the ASICs can't do anything else with them. Even if the price tanks, as long as they earn more than the electricity costs, they will keep mining.

CAT does not have this luxury. CAT exists in an extremely competitive environment where it must attract both investors and miners from all the other altcoins, more of which come out every day. Saying CAT is fine just cause it's the same specs as BTC is ignorant and deluded. In the end, coin prices are determined by supply and demand. While supply is indeed shrinking due to the lack of miners, the unfortunate thing is the demand is also shrinking due to the extremely high block times. Many on this thread claim that promotion will fix the problem but last night I attempted to transfer some CAT and each confirmation took nearly 3 hours. Of course this is an unusually long time even for the current hash rate but it demonstrates just how bad the problem is. How do you promote such a crypto? Who will use a coin that takes this long to confirm?It's use even in a gambling site is questionable as it takes half an hour to send in your CAT and half an hour to retrieve your winnings. Why would you roll the dice with CAT when doge can do it in 2 minutes?

Unfortunately, I already know I am going to get reamed by the die hard CAT fanboys here for posting this but the points I make are still valid and nobody who has responded to my posts in the past have actually addressed my concerns with logical arguments. Of course it's still possible that through manipulation, CAT can recover through this current difficulty level as someone artificially raises the price. However, I am not willing to gamble on that chance and have sold all my CATs. Even if this happens, the cycle will just repeat itself again at the next retarget anyways.

In the past I have indicated that the only way to save CAT is a hard fork which decreases block times to 1 minute and changes difficulty retarget to roughly once every 24 hrs. This was received poorly by the community. Perhaps the community will be more willing to consider it once it takes 1-2hrs average for a block and the price is at 0.0002. Maybe then I'd be willing to reinvest in CAT again.
+1  agreed.  

however, a proposal to hard-fork the currency after a week of mining and trading?  that will trash remaining confidence in the coin, and people will move on to this week's meme (i guess it's cagecoin).

as long as cat remains one of the least profitable coins to mine, i cannot justify spending resources to prop it up.  right now i can mine doge, and trade it for 3x cat in USD everyday.  

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:38:50 PM

Then why do you suggest it? People are already fixated on 0.001 which is very wrong from the beginning. Why give them this number again as a false reference?

I guess it's a combination of both. Some people want to make too much profit from this coin but they didn't realize that they took it too far and practically killed the coin on the run.
+1

i like how speculators, and people left holding the bag are pointing the fingers at everyone except themselves for hyping the coin and pumping the coin up to unsustainable levels.

guess what?  the market caught up.  the value has dropped to a level that will have to be sustainable as the currency grows again, and slowly if it does at all.  catcoin will have to live with the high difficulty right now; that is the price of buying our own hype.  

janos666

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:48:52 PM

+1

i like how speculators, and people left holding the bag are pointing the fingers at everyone except themselves for hyping the coin and pumping the coin up to unsustainable levels.

guess what?  the market caught up.  the value has dropped to a level that will have to be sustainable as the currency grows again, and slowly if it does at all.  catcoin will have to live with the high difficulty right now; that is the price of buying our own hype.  

What overprice and overhype?

For the last time...

Why shouldn't CAT deserve as much as an already failing DOGE? (Yes, DOGE is already on a falling course and the above values are based on a failing DOGE.)
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:52:26 PM

+1

For the last time...

Why shouldn't CAT deserve as much as an already failing DOGE?
1. it's been overhyped, yes.  people in this thread are clearly drinking the cat koolaid. the price of overprice and overhype is the crash we are going through.  the response from the catcoin community seems to be "change the coin!  fork the coin!".  like little kids throwing knocking their building blocks over in a temper tantrum.

2. there is no overprice right now, no.  as i stated, it has dropped to a level that catcoin can be sustainable at. it's approaching its natural value, but for now it's more sustainable than before.

3. CAT doesn't 'deserve' anything.  it's an inanimate currency.  you're implying that CAT is somehow related to DOGE and it's not.  it's a completely different coin, with completely different parameters and culture you've chosen to define catcoin by.  

3a.  note by page 260+ in the dogecoin thread, people were talking about buying Subarus with dogecoin, ordering pizza with dogecoin, and doing practical things with dogecoin.  that's the real world difference between CAT and DOGE.  It's surreal to first index the coin to 0.001 or 0.0001, and it's surreal to index CAT to DOGE.  

janos666

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:57:35 PM

+1

For the last time...

it's been overhyped, yes.

there is no overprice right now, no.  as i stated, it has dropped to a level that catcoin can be sustainable at.

But it is clearly NOT sustainable as it is! Why do you say this when facts prove otherwise?
You can see the dropping net hash rate. That's a clear indication that this coin is seriously under-priced.
If you care to make the math, you can see that even the record price was below 0.002, yet 0.002 should have been a low end with higher spikes.  -> To make the coin profitable for miners. (If you care about that...)
atheistftwins

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:57:43 PM

+1

For the last time...

it's been overhyped, yes.

there is no overprice right now, no.  as i stated, it has dropped to a level that catcoin can be sustainable at.

This is where I would disagree with you. Right now it's in a spiral where as the block times increase, the coin looks more and more inferior to other altcoins and demand continues to shrink. As demand shrinks price will continue to decrease further disincentivizing miners from mining the coin. Two things will happen: either a big player comes in and manipulates the coin or it will die. With the difficulty retarget and block times as they are now, a sustainable price is actually impossible in an environment with multipools and individuals just hopping on the most profitable coin at any given time.
etblvu1

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:01:10 PM

This coin tried to piggyback on Doge's popularity and failed miserably... RIP

Troll alert
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:01:42 PM

But it is clearly NOT sustainable as it is! Why do you say this when facts prove otherwise?
we're agreeing, but at opposite sides of the pool.

it's sustainable because this is the actual value that market will pay for catcoin.  that's how a free market economy works, not "spartans hold at 1000".  that only works for so long, and for catcoin, 'spartans hold' got you almost a week of hyped up, overpriced currency.  

catcoin will have to compete on its merits, in the trenches, with all of the other shitcoins.  this is also how a free market works. 

janos666

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:04:12 PM

Every coins need a price which makes them profitable for miners! No more, no less.
Pizza and Subaru will come later. (Well, I don't eat crap food and I already have an Audi, but...)

If it isn't profitable then no one will mine it. If no one mines it than the coin dies. Simple as that.

So, if you deny the profitable price from a coin then you piratically just killed it at day 0.
I don't say you can't do that. If you can (kill a coin), by all means, do what you want. Except talking bullsh|t... -> Except... if that is exactly how you plan to do it! Grin (Congratulations then!)
Pages: « 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... 400 »
  Print  

Jump to: