Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:23:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] SolidCoin - new and improved block chain. Secure from pools  (Read 85450 times)
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 06:28:21 AM

At a price of 0.035 BTC/SC, you would have gotten 23,800 SC. It's so nice of you to give away 13,300 SC to others! And that's my most conservative estimate.

CoinHunter, the ball is in your court. Either make the claim that you have indeed given >13k SC to others, OR admit that you were not truthful about your actual SC holdings, OR admit that you exaggerated when you said you invested $10k in SolidCoins.

Lol, keep going this is funny. What about the btc in the exchange? What does that add up to you think? Keep the guesses coming! Smiley

Yeah, it is funny. I'd assume you have 0 BTC from this quote:

I've moved all my BTC and USD into SolidCoins (not that much anyhow, only about $10,000) simply because I'm unsure about Bitcoin's future and don't want to be left with worthless coins in a few weeks

You probably have a different definition "all." Are you not worried that bitcoins might be worthless in a few weeks? lol!

Actually, FIFY:

I've moved all my BTC and USD into SolidCoins Bitparking exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coblee
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 06:32:32 AM

Oh, and I'm afraid bitcoins might be worthless in a few weeks, so I moved all my BTC back to USD.

Did I forgot to mention that they are in my MtGox account still stored as BTC?  Grin

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 06:47:10 AM

Based purely on the way coinhunter responds to postings put here on this thread is giving me doubt in his ability to not let his thoughts or feelings get in the way of producing/maintaining (over long periods of time) a reliable network from a development point of view.

Coinhunter you would gain more respect by myself and probably the community if you just address issues concerning the technical aspect of solidcoins and not your personal investment or feelings.

Geez we're just having a bit of fun, stop being a buzz kill. If you don't want to use SolidCoin because I have a personality then you don't have to, you're move, BAM. Smiley

Honestly I would think as the point person for solidcoin you would have more important things to do than try to one-up every person that disagrees with you on this thread.

EDIT: Oh and about your comment about using solidcoin I've used it quite well thus far taking the 32 BTC I got for my 25,000 solidcoins then turning that 32 BTC into 205 BTC in less than 48 hours.

So I'll use solidcoin when I see the profitability portion of it. I've commended you in the past on your efforts, BUT fyi you don't have to be a jackass to have fun or to have a personality.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

coblee
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 06:48:16 AM

CoinHunter, honestly, I think SolidCoin has potential to be a decent alternative currency. Much more than the joke that was Ixcoin and I0coin. But, please don't try to sound like you are so great and the bitcoin developers all suck. And claim that your SolidCoin will kill off Bitcoin in a few weeks because it's so much better.

Could SolidCoin eventually catch up to and replace Bitcoin as the dominant crypto-currency. I guess... it's possible though I don't think likely. But in order for that to happen, you need to work hard on making SolidCoin much better than it currently is. Currently, SolidCoin fixes a few things that are crucial for a secondary currency. But those problems don't currently exist with bitcoins. It's true that maybe 10% of the bitcoin miners were mining these alternative currencies the past few weeks, and thanks to that the difficulty has decreased twice. But once it has started to become unprofitable compared to Bitcoins, miners will just go back to Bitcoins. Mining SolidCoins will not stay more profitable than mining Bitcoins forever even with your new difficulty retargeting algorithm. And thinking that SolidCoins will be so successful that all of a sudden, 50% of the Bitcoin miners will jump ship is just delusion of grandeur.

So, my advice is to give less rhetoric and do more. Go and actually add real improvements to the SolidCoin codebase and let the software do the talking.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 06:52:27 AM

CoinHunter, honestly, I think SolidCoin has potential to be a decent alternative currency. Much more than the joke that was Ixcoin and I0coin. But, please don't try to sound like you are so great and the bitcoin developers all suck. And claim that your SolidCoin will kill off Bitcoin in a few weeks because it's so much better.

Could SolidCoin eventually catch up to and replace Bitcoin as the dominant crypto-currency. I guess... it's possible though I don't think likely. But in order for that to happen, you need to work hard on making SolidCoin much better than it currently is. Currently, SolidCoin fixes a few things that are crucial for a secondary currency. But those problems don't currently exist with bitcoins. It's true that maybe 10% of the bitcoin miners were mining these alternative currencies the past few weeks, and thanks to that the difficulty has decreased twice. But once it has started to become unprofitable compared to Bitcoins, miners will just go back to Bitcoins. Mining SolidCoins will not stay more profitable than mining Bitcoins forever even with your new difficulty retargeting algorithm. And thinking that SolidCoins will be so successful that all of a sudden, 50% of the Bitcoin miners will jump ship is just delusion of grandeur.

So, my advice is to give less rhetoric and do more. Go and actually add real improvements to the SolidCoin codebase and let the software do the talking.

+1 Less talk more action.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 07:02:01 AM

I would also suggest that it would be better with a community of active developers.

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
coblee
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 07:19:59 AM

Oh, and if you want to talk, then defend your reasoning for your changes. So far (AFAIK) you have just been claiming SolidCoins is so much better than Bitcoins without any real evidence.

Why 32 coins instead of 50? Just to be different or is there a valid reason that 32 is better?

Why 2%, 6%, and 10%? Like someone suggested, you could have made a constant change to cap the difficulty increase at 10%. That would have accomplished nearly the same thing as your complicated change, which could potentially introduce bugs or security holes. What's the point of 2% and 6%, other than inflating the number of coins faster than it should? Does increasing difficulty by only 2% and 6% really do anything material? Have you run simulations to see what it does? Or is just because you felt like it was the right thing.

Why 3 minutes target for blocks? Have you done network analysis to show that 3 minutes is the optimal time? Or did you just choose it because it felt right and 10 minutes felt too long? Have you analyzed how susceptible 3 minute blocks are to blockchain forking or double spend attacks?

If you really want others to believe in the SolidCoin hype, these are the questions you need to answer.

Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 07:41:24 AM

Oh, and if you want to talk, then defend your reasoning for your changes. So far (AFAIK) you have just been claiming SolidCoins is so much better than Bitcoins without any real evidence.

Why 32 coins instead of 50? Just to be different or is there a valid reason that 32 is better?

Why 2%, 6%, and 10%? Like someone suggested, you could have made a constant change to cap the difficulty increase at 10%. That would have accomplished nearly the same thing as your complicated change, which could potentially introduce bugs or security holes. What's the point of 2% and 6%, other than inflating the number of coins faster than it should? Does increasing difficulty by only 2% and 6% really do anything material? Have you run simulations to see what it does? Or is just because you felt like it was the right thing.

Why 3 minutes target for blocks? Have you done network analysis to show that 3 minutes is the optimal time? Or did you just choose it because it felt right and 10 minutes felt too long? Have you analyzed how susceptible 3 minute blocks are to blockchain forking or double spend attacks?

If you really want others to believe in the SolidCoin hype, these are the questions you need to answer.
Amen....
Jimmy2011

Activity: 589

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 09:30:38 AM

It is probably that CoinHunter did't perform any simulations or insightful analysis on the parameters he just arbitrarily chosen. Until now I didn't get CoinHunter's response for the choose of 2%, 6% and 10%.

I would like to talk about the retargeting algorithm as a physical and mathematical model other than computer science and engineering, and the fact is that Bitcoin has done all of the computer science and engineering( With respect to the correlation of block generation time and double spending attacks, it is really a problem with computer science and engineering) . According to CoinHunter's parameters, I estimate hashrate will oscillate similar to a sin(t) fuction, and at present I have no idea that in the long run whether it is convergent and stable under complex behavior of mining.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 10:27:16 AM

And on that note, I'd be extremely interested to see bitcoin's simulations and network analysis that was used for arriving at the 10 min 2016 block diff. retargetting algorithm (that is implied to be perfected by the above arguments.)

caston

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 10:44:04 AM

Would be best to try to maintain the golden ratio IMO.

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
CoinHunter (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 10:51:36 AM

There is actually little "hype", there is simply the truth. People can see the data from SolidCoin's release and see how well it is working to this stage. People are already trying to copy it.  It's not hype seeing impressive numbers and being impressed. But since it hasn't achieved its goal yet I'm not going to dive into a 5 page story about SolidCoin because it's not worth talking about until it has succeeded.

In the end results are what 95% of people desire so that is who I'm targeting, not the geeks with personality disorders trying to prove themselves online. Asking questions they already think they know the answers to so they can go "AHUH, you idiot".

It's interesting when some people have success with something that a certain % of the population wants to try and "squash that success". ie The changes were crap. SolidCoin does nothing different. Bitcoin is still better. You're a liar. etc In Australia we call that tall poppy syndrome. The thing is, I'm used to it, so it doesn't bother me. I'll make a SolidCoin user out of everyone posting here and if not, you probably have bigger problems than worrying about a cryptocurrency.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
Chris Acheson

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 11:04:45 AM

People can see the data from SolidCoin's release and see how well it is working to this stage.

You mean those adoption rate numbers that you made up and refuse to provide any evidence for?
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 11:13:27 AM

Extra Haha's and smileys indicate defense behavior, CoinHunter.

Dude.  I'd like you a lot more if you just stated you're just hoping to get rich fast.  Be realistic.  Most of us are.  If Bitcoin or any other digital currencies really catches on, that's a bonus.

So far, I keep hearing more bullshit.  We're not idiots.  You know damn well the SolidCoin market is way-the-fuck out of balance.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 11:40:50 AM

You know damn well the SolidCoinBitcoin market is way-the-fuck out of balance.

FTFY  Cool
sharky112065

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 11:42:41 AM

This is so fun to watch. I just popped some popcorn and am watching the show.

It's fun to watch BTC investors on the forum acting like little misbehaving kids.

Have you scared anyone away from Solidcoin yet? Bet you will keep trying. Hilarious.

I really do not care which Crypto currency reigns, or if there are more than one. Of course I do not have a bunch of real cash invested in one either so, maybe that is why I do not care.

Donations welcome: 12KaKtrK52iQjPdtsJq7fJ7smC32tXWbWr
Chris Acheson

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 12:01:38 PM

By the way CoinHunter, I0coin was recently revived with a 90 second block rate.  You'd better switch to 30 second blocks before it eats your lunch.
Lupus_Yonderboy

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 12:44:31 PM

I see a lot of haters hatin' on here, mainly 'senior' and 'hero' members. People who seem to have a bit of vested interest in bitcoin perhaps? Amazing how many point to the 'competing currencies' theory championed by Ron Paul when justifying bitcoin, and yet when faced with a true competitor all they can do is try to FUD it to death.

I see a single developer who has done more to improve on his blockchain in the last month than the entire core dev team has done on bitcoin in 6 months. And ad hominem attacks? Really? This isn't some high school popularity contest.  I don't care if CoinHunter is the biggest douche in the world, if he has a superior product, guess what is going to get used?

And another thing, why does CoinHunter need to account for every single satoshi that has pased thru his hands? Who the fuck are you, the IRS? Really? Nobody gave you the power to audit whomever you feel like. It has nothing to do with the blockchain. Get over it already.

Bitcoin is becoming too ponderous and cumbersome, it cannot seem to adapt, to make the changes that will make it better. I have stated many times that I don't think Bitcoin 1.0 is going to succeed, but that Bitcoin 2.0 will be the one that does. Perhaps it will be SolidCoin, or zombiecoin (I0coin), or getrichquickcoin (Ixcoin), or another unforeseen blockchain. Who knows? But I do know that the failure to adapt will be just another nail in Bitcoin's coffin.

It will be fascinating to see when the exchanges start offering SC for USD, I wonder which way it will go then, when consumers have a true choice...
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 12:50:38 PM

I see a single developer who has done more to improve on his blockchain in the last month than the entire core dev team has done on bitcoin in 6 months
Stopped reading
You sure haven't lurked enough in the dev forum Roll Eyes

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 01:05:00 PM

The only thing I find amusing from all the ney-sayers, these are the people who shouted for months that bitcoin might fail and the coming forks may bring improvements until we get to the ultimate decentralised currency.

Guess what folk, these forks ie. solidcoin, is the next stepping stone fork tryouts and at the current rate solidcoin is looking pretty damn solid. If solidcoin fail, so be it and we will surely move onto another fork until we find the perfect balance which would likely take a while.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: