Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:57:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 326 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DEAD] DeepBit.net PPS+Prop,instant payouts, we pay for INVALID BLOCKS too  (Read 1601093 times)
DeepBit (OP)
Donator

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

We have cookies

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2011, 04:32:43 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2015, 08:50:46 PM by -ck
Merited by ABCbits (1)

New mining pool with fair reward distribution: https://deepbit.net !

Forum thread for new forum members who can't post here: https://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=23678.0

Before this day there was only one bitcoin mining service (and NO pools with open registration), so I decided to create some alternative for people that prefer simple reward sharing scheme and fast payments. Feel free to participate with same miners as most of you already use for solo GPU or pooled GPU/CPU mining.
Service fee is 3%, no block confirmation is needed (your reward won't be recalled if block doesn't gets confirmed).

EDIT: Now you can try some new exciting feature - optional Pay-Per-Share mode is enabled in my pool. You can choose payments method for any of your workers, look at your account page for workers configuration. Current rate is 0.00002209487837767 BTC per share.

Our advantages
  • We notify your bitcoin miner about new block with the help of long polling. This allows us minimize the number of stale shares. (You can get up to a several percents higher results). Currently this mode is supported by latest version of poclbm OpenCL miner.
    Protocol description
  • We provide e-mail notifications on worker failure
  • We pay you for every solved block, even if it later fails to mature (up to 1.2% more)
  • You can take your reward at ANY moment, just press "Instant payout" button
  • You can choose between two payment modes
  • We credit your balance instantly, without 120 blocks delay
  • We have e-mail notifications on worker failure
  • We have open and free registration and do not limit the number of connections or users

If you already know how to use RPC miners, you can register a new account at http://deepbit.net and join the test, using deepbit.net hostname and 8332 port. Your e-mail is your login.
You can run separate miners on one account or create additional workers.

m0mchil's poclbm is recommended, DiabloMiner, puddinpop and jgarzik miners should work fine too.

m0mchil's:
poclbm.exe -d1 --host=pit.deepbit.net --port=8332 --user=example@example.com --pass=password

DiabloMiner:
./DiabloMiner-OS.sh/.bat -b -u example@example.com -p password -o pit.deepbit.net -r 8332 -v 2

ufasoft's SSE2 CPU miner:
bitcoin-miner.exe -a 5 -o http://pit.deepbit.net:8332 -u example@example.com -p password

Update your miners, please.

Long Polling is working now, so you can download latest poclbm miner and use it with DeepBit.
This new feature will eliminate stale shares and your mining efficiency may rise up to ~1.7% more on average (depends on your GPU speed and luck).

What is Long Polling ? Explained here.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net ~ 3600 GH/s, Both payment schemes, instant payout, no invalid blocks !
Coming soon: ICBIT Trading platform

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xenon481

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 04:38:08 AM

Please remove the word "fair" from your thread title. Implying that Slush is purposefully "unfair" is an offensive patently false lie propagated through an unwillingness to understand statistics. (and pure malice by some)

Slush has shown the statistical charts proving that the score based reward system distributes just as equally as a shares based reward system.

I also "like" the implication that a 3% fee is more "fair" than a 2% fee.

Tips Appreciated: 171TQ2wJg7bxj2q68VNibU75YZB22b7ZDr
[Tycho]

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2011, 04:44:30 AM

Please remove the word "fair" from your thread title. Implying that Slush is purposefully "unfair" is an offensive patently false lie propagated through an unwillingness to understand statistics. (and pure malice by some)
I didn't said anything about Slush, it's just you.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
xenon481

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 04:47:08 AM

I didn't said anything about Slush, it's just you.

That's why I said "implying".

There is only one reason to use the word "fair" and noting that another pool exists; that is to brazenly imply that the other pool is "unfair". You are openly stating that what sets your pool apart from the other pool is the reward method.

BitLex

Merit: 505

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 04:53:21 AM

sorry to get OT, but...

who are you to tell people what words to put in their thread titles and what not?
i could also tell you to remove your posting from this thread, not only implying that [Tycho] has anything against slush's pool (which is not the case afaik), but also implying slush has something against competition (which is also not the case afaik).
but don't worry, i wont do that.

and i didnt see anything about one pool being more or less fair than any other pool,
it's up to the users to decide which one to use and what's most "fair" in their eyes.

NicholasBell

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 04:58:49 AM

Trying to use puddinpop's rpc miners. I've never joined a pool before--what am I missing?

Code:
rpcminer-4way.exe -server=deepbit.net -port=8332 -user=XXX@XXXXXXXXX.com -password=XXXXX

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out. Replacing server/port with -url=http://example.com:8332
xenon481

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 04:59:14 AM

For the record, I fully applaud your initiative for starting another pool and fully believe that competition is the best thing for a free market.

My only concern was the obvious implication of the word "fair".

Edit: Thank you, the word "proportional" now properly references the method of determining reward distribution.

M4v3R

Activity: 607

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 07:23:03 AM

[Tycho]: I think your calculation of "Average speed in last 5 minutes" is wrong. It shows that I have 14.20 MH/s with my CPU (which I wish I had) whereas I have ~1.4 MH/s now.
kseistrup

Activity: 566

Unselfish actions pay back better

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2011, 11:16:19 AM

Which timezone is used for datetimes on the website, please?

Cheers,

Klaus Alexander Seistrup
fornit

Activity: 987
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 01:27:45 PM

i always get auth errors.

parameters are like this:
Z:\blubb\poclbm.exe --host=deepbit.net --port=8332 --user=xxx --pass=yyy --device=0 -v -w 128
pla

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 02:52:26 PM

Slush has shown the statistical charts proving that the score based reward system distributes just as equally as a shares based reward system./quote]

...Over time.  "Fair" has more than one meaning in this context.

For people running GPU miners with hundreds of mh/s, the expected payout over time converges with reality in just a few blocks.  For those of us running under 10mh/s, the payout per block varies radically - I've had a few lucky blocks where I get a whole BitDime as my share, and I've had full days where I only managed to solve a share every fifth block and even then only pulled down on the order of 1E-4BTC per block.

So Slush's pool, while "fair", trades slow-miner convergence rate for discouraging a particular type of cheating.  A purely proportional pool converges faster, but allows a style of participation that some people might consider "cheating" (though if you legitimately contribute work to the pool, I don't know that I'd throw too many stones just because someone found the best way to split their contributions across multiple pools to maximize payouts - You could just as well call the entire concept of "pools" cheating, because it deviates from the Satoshi-intended winner-take-all style of BTC generation).

That said, Tycho, how do you plan to avoid massive cheating without block verification?  Accepting all shares as equal, no problem; but what stops contibutors from simply lying?

I don't beg - If I do something to deserve your BTC, you can find my address on the invoice.  Wink
BitLex

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 02:56:53 PM

[Tycho]: I think your calculation of "Average speed in last 5 minutes" is wrong. It shows that I have 14.20 MH/s with my CPU (which I wish I had) whereas I have ~1.4 MH/s now.
your "Average speed in last 5 minutes" is calculated by the number of shares you submitted,
in lucky times (were you find lots of diff1 hashes in a very short time) you might see much more speed than you actually do, in unlucky times, you see less speed.
overall it seems pretty accurate, an increased timeframe for calculation might improve accuracy a bit though.

GMT it seems, correct me if i'm wrong.

That said, Tycho, how do you plan to avoid massive cheating without block verification?  Accepting all shares as equal, no problem; but what stops contibutors from simply lying?
what could contributors lie about?
the only way of "cheating" is the same you mentioned above, legitimately contribute work to the pool and "pool-hopping" as discussed in other threads.

kseistrup

Activity: 566

Unselfish actions pay back better

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2011, 03:06:46 PM

Thanks.

Klaus Alexander Seistrup
pla

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 03:32:22 PM

the only way of "cheating" is the same you mentioned above, legitimately contribute work to the pool and "pool-hopping" as discussed in other threads.

About completing a share...  Without verification, what stops someone from just making up answers?  "Yup, found a hash.  Yup, found a hash.  Yup, found a hash".

I can appreciate that checking those from hundreds of clients puts a bit of a load on the server, but it seems just plain necessary to keep the scum out of the pool.

I don't beg - If I do something to deserve your BTC, you can find my address on the invoice.  Wink
[Tycho]

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2011, 03:35:13 PM

your "Average speed in last 5 minutes" is calculated by the number of shares you submitted,
in lucky times (were you find lots of diff1 hashes in a very short time) you might see much more speed than you actually do, in unlucky times, you see less speed.
overall it seems pretty accurate, an increased timeframe for calculation might improve accuracy a bit though.
Yes, it's like "luck meter" because when it shows 14 MH/s, you have same luck as someone with 14 MH/s :)
May be i'll change it to 10 minutes, but it's initial purpose was to show the variation.

Should be UTC, but it's almost the same.

Thanks for helping people :)

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
[Tycho]

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2011, 03:36:12 PM

About completing a share...  Without verification, what stops someone from just making up answers?  "Yup, found a hash.  Yup, found a hash.  Yup, found a hash".

I can appreciate that checking those from hundreds of clients puts a bit of a load on the server, but it seems just plain necessary to keep the scum out of the pool.
Of course every share is checked by pool. Why do you think that it doesn't ?

BitLex

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 03:39:28 PM

"no block confirmation is needed" is meant for real blocks that the pool found in a day, not for all hashes/shares miners send.

myrkul

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2011, 03:43:11 PM

Looks cool, I'm switching my tiny netbook over... I should be a larger portion of the overall share pool... still don't expect much, but we'll see how it goes.

Mostly I'm replying to keep track of the thread.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
xenon481

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 04:00:14 PM

Slush has shown the statistical charts proving that the score based reward system distributes just as equally as a shares based reward system.

...Over time.  "Fair" has more than one meaning in this context.

For people running GPU miners with hundreds of mh/s, the expected payout over time converges with reality in just a few blocks.  For those of us running under 10mh/s, the payout per block varies radically - I've had a few lucky blocks where I get a whole BitDime as my share, and I've had full days where I only managed to solve a share every fifth block and even then only pulled down on the order of 1E-4BTC per block.

So Slush's pool, while "fair", trades slow-miner convergence rate for discouraging a particular type of cheating.  A purely proportional pool converges faster, but allows a style of participation that some people might consider "cheating" (though if you legitimately contribute work to the pool, I don't know that I'd throw too many stones just because someone found the best way to split their contributions across multiple pools to maximize payouts - You could just as well call the entire concept of "pools" cheating, because it deviates from the Satoshi-intended winner-take-all style of BTC generation).

That said, Tycho, how do you plan to avoid massive cheating without block verification?  Accepting all shares as equal, no problem; but what stops contibutors from simply lying?

As I posted in Slush's thread, even a CPU Miner trends towards strong convergence on the order of after 1-2 weeks. Are you planning on only mining for 1-2 days?

fornit

Activity: 987
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 04:39:09 PM

tycho, you have any idea why i get auth errors?
the login and password work for the homepage... Huh
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 326 »
  Print  

Jump to: