Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:10:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 [542] 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276312 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
coinomat

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:59:04 AM

That's a great news for both Bitcoin and counterparty.

Then why did counterparty sick like a rock on the news (after sliding for more than a month). btc's dead.
I think this dump was caused by counterparty leaves overstock, not the restore of 80 bytes op_return.

Are you sure this dump is not more scary of that sidechains will make all what Counterparty and Mastercoin promise? now are excellent place buy more. Or jump out from sinking ship Smiley if price will go little more lower who even want to buy XCP? Then XCP no have any value and anything not really working atm, no desktop wallet, no smartphone wallet and even anyone no are doing it? not even any screenshot of wallet what have make few month already and launch have been after few week again and again and same time webwallet have standing in same point really long time and looking 10x cheaper than NXT wallets, only promises about smart contract, medici which have only IPO or something over XCP if even that...?
Even Mastercoin have go more forward last months (if behind public information no have happen much with Counterparty) and maybe that working already better than Counterparty?

We must still remember if there will come good news and sidechains can not do what Counterparty can or doing better that price will go really fast and really high.
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:20:12 PM

Devs dumped?  Cheesy

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
WhalingWhales

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:26:56 PM

Heads up guys we have good/"positive" news, Robert and Evan have left overstock so before the average joe finds out before you we dropped by to let all of you appreciated investors/members know what's happening.

Some may say that is truly good news and hold their coin, others who invested strictly because of the partnership may not think it is good/"Positive" news and rid a stack of their coin!

What would not happen is panic dump in the way it did lastnight (I'm in the UK) and woke to basically half my investment!  Thanks for that. $500 up in smoke!! I kind of hope this zero's out now.

On the bright side you Developers knew what was coming weeks ago and started unloading your XCP any moron can see that in the graphs but when founder tells you "Positive" news is coming you hold strong, i hope you all understand what that stupid comment was for now? NO?

It was for buy support!!!!

Lost all faith in this project you are the worst kind.

Anyone who jumps in after this is just a little puppet retard so make your move  Wink
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:32:50 PM

Heads up guys we have good/"positive" news, Robert and Evan have left overstock so before the average joe finds out before you we dropped by to let all of you appreciated investors/members know what's happening.

Some may say that is truly good news and hold their coin, others who invested strictly because of the partnership may not think it is good/"Positive" news and rid a stack of their coin!

What would not happen is panic dump in the way it did lastnight (I'm in the UK) and woke to basically half my investment!  Thanks for that. $500 up in smoke!! I kind of hope this zero's out now.

On the bright side you Developers knew what was coming weeks ago and started unloading your XCP any moron can see that in the graphs but when founder tells you "Positive" news is coming you hold strong, i hope you all understand what that stupid comment was for now? NO?

Anyone who jumps in after this is just a little puppet retard so make your move  Wink

And yet, you 'knew' all this, and still chose to hodl.  Roll Eyes 
crazydan

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:39:15 PM

Pump and dump.
"Pump-and-dump" schemes involve the touting of shares of a company (usually small businesses, so-called "microcap") through false and misleading statements to the market. These false allegations could be made on social media such as Facebook and Twitter as well as message boards and chat rooms.
http://www.sec.gov/answers/pumpdump.htm

Unfortunately as seems exactly what it was. Cry All below these statements were made  .

Code:
 "Excited to use @ CounterpartyXCP revolutionary technology to build our
#projectMedici :. p2p stock exchanges on #blockchain of #bitcoin "
https://twitter.com/OverstockCEO/status/520254771890884608
Code:
 "" We are committed. We have formed a business unit within Overstock, we have lawyers, we have developers
these guys have a budget of several million dollars and they moved to Utah. We are at full speed. ""
http://www.coindesk.com/overstock-hires-counterparty-developers-build-cryptosecurity-stock-exchange/

https://i.imgur.com/GYb2a9Il.jpg

I appreciate the developers of counterparty a lot .  One of the best in the business .  Very upstanding group of people who even chose to not take money for this project. Also overstock, who accept bitcoin very early on .  But the handling of this whole thing stinks.

The amounts I have lost so far from the point of buy to today is the equivalent of a year of work in my normal job salary .   I wish to make it clear do not blame anyone for my own investment decisions, it is im happy unregulated trading. anyway market can go up and down.  but I think we would be better if Overstock name  had never been mentioned.  we all know that the counterparty is not all about the Medici .  But the effect such a major undertaking as a decentralized stock market supported by the power of such a large company as overstock can have on a small cap traded as thin as XCP is undeniable. . and what went up quickly crashed down even harder

so Instead we have seen the pump and dump because of really great news then a  reversal of this news.  While the big news announcement of partnership was heavily circulated on the roofs of the conferences, press releases, conference calls the fact this news was exaggerrated and things had since changed was kept mostly quite and hidden .  only evidence was a slip of the tongue and now youtube video by a news reporter who contact overstock . the holder lose, the quick seller win. like bitcoin too.

I think so that the news sidechain be ready earlier than expected had some effect on prices, but not as much as this article. even though price is slipping for a while I think it's was a nail in the coffin. im sorry to recommend buying "cheaply" XCP my friends after the last video of Patrick when it seems positive, even they have lost half of their investment .

I think it was implied both projects had reached some sort of agreemen I thought the presentation of insidebitcoins  with the big counterparty logo onscreen and speech marked the beginning and a contract was in place.  I feel every time some doubt has surfaced about the partnership dissolving I feel it was reinforced that nothings changed .

For a company so against the dirty business practices.   this strategic shift 180 turn has left many investors who shared the vision of decentralized exchange high and dry. At least those that thought they could invest in a part of the vision .  I think it's a classic example of dirty business style
 to pull the rug away like this, and it's a sure thing that  investors would lose money after such an announcement.   in this case I thing strongly such a confident talk of partnerships should not have said publicly .  Very disappointed in this whole affair.

it was just my venting, my two cents.

Sorry for my english guys
WhalingWhales

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:40:11 PM

Yay! here we have number one  Roll Eyes

Do you know what hindsight is? I will give you ten minutes to go look it up.

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:55:00 PM

Yes, its a wonderful thing, but useless here. 

Do you know how many ways, facts, can be interpreted? I will give you all the time you need. Post traumatic stress, has many symptoms.
nakaone

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 01:42:58 PM

Yes, its a wonderful thing, but useless here. 

Do you know how many ways, facts, can be interpreted? I will give you all the time you need. Post traumatic stress, has many symptoms.

I do not know the developers personally, but I assume given their CV as well as their behaviour and commitment to the project they are not responsible for the declining prices.

Look I belong to the group of burners, and it was basically insane regarding risk/reward not sell at least a part of the initial part of the burned coins given its appreciation of around 500-2600% (in BTC terms) in a year. I think mostly this group has sold coins in the time after the big pump or guys who were smart enough to collect early.

Given the announcement that medici does not exclusively use counterparty has some implications regarding the 2.0 area of blockchain technology - these are definitely not the best for counterparty as a project itself, yet this project is far from worthless. It is probably still the leading 2.0 project but it has lost some of its omnipotence.

Regarding business behaviour, I think we all understand that this is complicated stuff given that xnova and cityglut were employed by overstock and probably had to fullfill NDAs etc. pp. Anyway a statement by the two, if possible, would really help the community.

Bitinvestor

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 01:51:15 PM

There is a bit of confusion in the air with regards to some of the recent quotes by the Overstock CEO and the various interpretations of them.  It's arguable that they do seem to be getting progressively vague and I can see why some might get the idea this is Byrne distancing himself, while others adopt the mindset it's business as usual in the background and recent price action is just an excuse to take advantage of a price dip based on skewed info. I'd expect the developers to be under some sort of NDA preventing them from saying too much beyond what's already said so I don't think you will be able to rely on full clarifications right now.

It's a shame to see hot/cold snippets trickle down into the news then waves of buying or selling based simply on said snippets, although it's not as if you would expect market participants to not react to them. A binary yes or no, or no news at all would be preferable. However Let's not forget CounterParty has great value potential since far before Medici was ever announced, has continued to show great promise more than a year later with incredible unexpected additions like turing complete scripting language, multisig, to name just two. Hope that we don't stay in a cycle of ups and downs with everything revolving around the currently non-existant Medici

Yes, the situation is unclear---sorry, we just can't say much at the moment. There'll be some relevant (positive) announcements very soon, though! Suffice it to say that Evan, Robby and I will all be working on Counterparty for the forseeable future.

Please explain to me how this announcement is positive.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
PhantomPhreak (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 02:20:52 PM

There is a bit of confusion in the air with regards to some of the recent quotes by the Overstock CEO and the various interpretations of them.  It's arguable that they do seem to be getting progressively vague and I can see why some might get the idea this is Byrne distancing himself, while others adopt the mindset it's business as usual in the background and recent price action is just an excuse to take advantage of a price dip based on skewed info. I'd expect the developers to be under some sort of NDA preventing them from saying too much beyond what's already said so I don't think you will be able to rely on full clarifications right now.

It's a shame to see hot/cold snippets trickle down into the news then waves of buying or selling based simply on said snippets, although it's not as if you would expect market participants to not react to them. A binary yes or no, or no news at all would be preferable. However Let's not forget CounterParty has great value potential since far before Medici was ever announced, has continued to show great promise more than a year later with incredible unexpected additions like turing complete scripting language, multisig, to name just two. Hope that we don't stay in a cycle of ups and downs with everything revolving around the currently non-existant Medici

Yes, the situation is unclear---sorry, we just can't say much at the moment. There'll be some relevant (positive) announcements very soon, though! Suffice it to say that Evan, Robby and I will all be working on Counterparty for the forseeable future.

Obviously I wasn't talking about Evan and Robby leaving Overstock. And Overstock is still using Counterparty for Medici. (This has been reaffirmed publicly very recently.) I'm advising them personally on their technical design.
coinomat

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 03:08:55 PM

Obviously I wasn't talking about Evan and Robby leaving Overstock. And Overstock is still using Counterparty for Medici. (This has been reaffirmed publicly very recently.) I'm advising them personally on their technical design.

How Overstock are using Counterparty for Medici? Ipo or some other way? Are there needed XCP or only BTC?
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:23:39 PM

How come XCP dropped so hard on Polo today?
sdersdf3

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:27:39 PM

I'm reminded about what someone else in cryptoworld once said a while ago (think it was on twitter): "You're either an insider or you're eaten by those who are."
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:31:08 PM

I'm reminded about what someone else in cryptoworld once said a while ago (think it was on twitter): "You're either an insider or you're eaten by those who are."

About a year ago XCP was also hacked on Poloniex. Everyone got their money back though. But wouldn't be good for the coin. I hear withdrawals are not taking place.
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:26:46 PM

Ur funny, guys. "Hack" Cheesy

Let's recap:

1. http://www.coindesk.com/lead-developers-leave-overstocks-medici-project/
2. Selling begins

Now form ur own opinion Wink
relm9

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:37:01 PM

Let's recap:

2. Selling begins

So they seem to have left on good terms and even had a hand in picking their replacements

Bagley indicated that the remainder of the Medici team is still in place, with new replacements hired by Dermody and Wagner taking over as the lead developers.

What's the panic then? Well, whatever, I added some more XCP to my stash thanks to this dump. Seems irrational.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:43:19 PM

Let's recap:

2. Selling begins

Sell the news phase or what? Sorry, I'm especially stupid today.
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:13:41 PM

Let's recap:

2. Selling begins

Sell the news phase or what? Sorry, I'm especially stupid today.

Some guys sold this news, yes. That's all.
ik_do

Activity: 522

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:31:21 PM

Let's recap:

2. Selling begins

So they seem to have left on good terms and even had a hand in picking their replacements

Bagley indicated that the remainder of the Medici team is still in place, with new replacements hired by Dermody and Wagner taking over as the lead developers.

What's the panic then? Well, whatever, I added some more XCP to my stash thanks to this dump. Seems irrational.

Same. Judging from chat in Poloniex most people don't even know what half of these currencies do and just sell when others do.
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:01:38 PM

Let's recap:

2. Selling begins

Same. Judging from chat in Poloniex most people don't even know what half of these currencies do and just sell when others do.

My kind of lemmings  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 [542] 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: