Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:07:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276347 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:33:13 PM

LTBCoin and Goxcoin are about to issue the asset via counterparty: http://bitcoinmagazine.com/10971/dacs-adamblevine-ltbcoin-goxcoin/

Just waiting for Counterparty Web wallet.
LTBCoin will be issued via Counterparty but Goxcoin will be issued via Mastercoin.
mal_awer

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:38:24 PM

LTBCoin and Goxcoin are about to issue the asset via counterparty: http://bitcoinmagazine.com/10971/dacs-adamblevine-ltbcoin-goxcoin/

Just waiting for Counterparty Web wallet.
LTBCoin will be issued via Counterparty but Goxcoin will be issued via Mastercoin.

only if counterwallet is available before the end of this month
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:06:25 PM

is adam here or does he have a thread in the counterparty forum? could not find it regarding the ltbcoin. do not want to spam this thread with meta/network coins.

anyway I think this idea of creating a coin (well basically it is a stock isn't it) is quite powerful, I am with cryptos because the it gives completely new ways of allocation. I think that it is what he is referring to with that this can change how we can value the creation of new content.

a second very powerful spot is the transparency given by this technology of the blockchain/public ledger. I have a question regarding that: Do you think it is possible that not only the money outflows as explained in your videos can be allocated by the coins but only the money inflows. So imagine I am a holder of LTBcoins, LTB gets money due to advertisment/whatever, is it possible that this money is directly allocated on the ledger belonging to the ltbcoin, without any intermediary?

Assuming that you use counterparty, this sounds possible doesn't it? - A person pays 1 BTC for the advertisement in your show, the money is directly send to the ledger belonging to ltbcoin, the holders can directly see the money inflow/outflow?

In general I think it was never possible before to give that level of trustless transparency to stock holders. If you plan doing that count me in, as stock holder. Because I think what you are doing here in general is really really big.
mal_awer

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:15:21 PM

is adam here or does he have a thread in the counterparty forum? could not find it regarding the ltbcoin. do not want to spam this thread with meta/network coins.

anyway I think this idea of creating a coin (well basically it is a stock isn't it) is quite powerful, I am with cryptos because the it gives completely new ways of allocation. I think that it is what he is referring to with that this can change how we can value the creation of new content.

a second very powerful spot is the transparency given by this technology of the blockchain/public ledger. I have a question regarding that: Do you think it is possible that not only the money outflows as explained in your videos can be allocated by the coins but only the money inflows. So imagine I am a holder of LTBcoins, LTB gets money due to advertisment/whatever, is it possible that this money is directly allocated on the ledger belonging to the ltbcoin, without any intermediary?

Assuming that you use counterparty, this sounds possible doesn't it? - A person pays 1 BTC for the advertisement in your show, the money is directly send to the ledger belonging to ltbcoin, the holders can directly see the money inflow/outflow?

In general I think it was never possible before to give that level of trustless transparency to stock holders. If you plan doing that count me in, as stock holder. Because I think what you are doing here in general is really really big.

check www.ltbcoin.com for how LTB coin will be distributed.[
nakaone

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:23:46 PM

check www.ltbcoin.com for how LTB coin will be distributed.[

thanks for the link, what I am referring to is not the distribution. it is the point when the show/project starts getting money (I know that nxt paid quite a massive amount for advertisement on that show). Is the money inflow directly, without any intermediary, linked to ltbcoin? Just imagine I am holder of ltbcoin and I am interested in the dividend I am getting for holding, the dividend is obviously in some way connected to the money inflow, can I see the total amount of money inflows on the blockchain?
grandpa_seth

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:14:32 PM

All the geniuses selling XCP at .007 are like the people who sold their bitcoins at 1 dollar. Sorry, just had to say it.
mal_awer

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:21:53 PM

All the geniuses selling XCP at .007 are like the people who sold their bitcoins at 1 dollar. Sorry, just had to say it.

True, they are geniuses.

I spoke to some 'naive' cryptocoin users in Bitcoin meetup. They don't want to buy/invest/trade in some coins which is too technical for them.

Hope counterwallet and the marketing plans bring them on board.
MoneypakTrader.com

Activity: 472

Never spend your money before you have it.

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:45:02 PM

Counterpartyd version 6.6 allows dividend payments to be made in bitcoin: https://www.counterparty.co/pay-dividends-with-bitcoin/

Very cool.

yes but can someone explain how this is done?    these metaprotocols don't control btc,  the best one could do is provide the issuer admin a snapshop of btc addresses and % ownership.

Probably not on the protocol level, but we could do it on counterpartd level, such as having a command in counterpartyd gets the amount of asset that each address holds, and send btc proportionally to that with sendmany to minimize fee

Any word if the dev's will get this feature working? That would be awesome!
Nobody has been able to get the master branch of 6.6 to pay dividends (in EITHER BTC OR XCP) and nobody has been able to get it to issue assets either. Did you get it working again in the test branch?
Would love to be proved wrong on this, but it's unlikely unless they unbreak those features: http://www.blockscan.com/tx.aspx shows dividends/issuances have not been made since the version update, although a hacker could use an older version or otherwise tweak/alter the program for a workaround to use these features.
NOTE: The master branch is the "stable" release that end-users are practically forced to upgrade to or else the program won't work and instead sputters out errors after directly connecting to the dev's repository from your computer.

You gotta read the fine print: https://www.counterparty.co/pay-dividends-with-bitcoin/
"The Counterparty protocol does all of the work and shareholders will receive BTC as they normally do."
i.e. shareholders DON'T normally receive BTC dividends through counterparty (and can't receive ANY kind of dividend in 6.6 as well, XCP, DEX asset, or otherwise).

You can't just go around blindly believing everything these spokespeople and "devs" say. I understand you all want the price of XCP to skyrocket and that there is a sincere desire to want this centrally controlled and distributed counterpartyd software to work well and have strong incentive to believe when the devs/spokespeople say"it works". But you can see in my post history numerous examples of these heads spouting false information and refusing to listen to reason in regards to fixing counterparty protocol/software problems such as when we warned them not to implement the 10 block limit on BTC offers because it would CRIPPLE people's ability to offer BTC for XCP or other DEX assets.
https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,71.0.html

TAKEAWAY: Don't believe this current 6.6 version will issue assets or pay dividends (in btc or ANY DEX asset). They've broken all of those features and then pushed the broken versions to the master branch for everyone to "use".
HOWEVER: You can count on the Dev's repository being connected to by the program with the EXACT time/IP/etc. EACH TIME you issue any command through their software. But we trust these anonymous guys not to abuse that info, right?

NEW INVESTORS: There's TWO WORKING EXCHANGES where you can buy XCP!! PLEASE HELP Burn investors and buy some XCP! DON'T WAIT for these dev's to revise the DEX into a functional exchange  to place a buy order for XCP!!! They decided to ignore our advice and a) give you 10 blocks to accept someone's XCP offer, and b) "Suggest" a 1% trading fee (on top of the ~50 cents of transfer fees PER XCP transaction) so you'll need to go to bter or poloniex to place a buy order with your BTC if you're a professional trader or plan to do any kind of volume trading.

References:
https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,71.0.html (The best proposal for fixing the DEX to allow BTC trading to flourish on there)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg5660830#msg5660830 (XCP spokesperson WRONG on XCP functionality in regards to dividends, asset issuances silently broken by Devs)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg5009383#msg5009383 (Core Dev corrected for understating the fees actually required for using XCP)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg5069688#msg5069688 (Core XCP Dev wrong on lost fees for using XCP)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg5067070#msg5067070 (more discussion of required fees / default fees)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg5066521#msg5066521 (Primary XCP Dev WRONG on how orders are matched by protocol)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg5066772#msg5066772 (More about Multisig fees, DEX fees, and protocol quickfixes are proposed but promptly ignored by core devs)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg5049089#msg5049089 (Request for explanation on how more fees will not hinder DEX BTC trading promptly ignored).
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg5008694#msg5008694 (Fees for using Counterpartyd/DEX explained in more detail).
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg4986698#msg4986698 (BiggestFish wrong on how basic Bitcoin protocol transaction fees work)

Sgt.Hartman

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:49:05 PM

So what would you think would be a reasonable price for the coin? What makes you think it has so much potential to rise so much? Obviously market value reflects the benefit of a coin.
Indeed I think its too much technical for average Joe to enter the market...
porqupine

Activity: 214
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:58:11 PM

Counterpartyd version 6.6 allows dividend payments to be made in bitcoin: https://www.counterparty.co/pay-dividends-with-bitcoin/

Very cool.

yes but can someone explain how this is done?    these metaprotocols don't control btc,  the best one could do is provide the issuer admin a snapshop of btc addresses and % ownership.

Probably not on the protocol level, but we could do it on counterpartd level, such as having a command in counterpartyd gets the amount of asset that each address holds, and send btc proportionally to that with sendmany to minimize fee

Nobody has been able to get the master branch of 6.6 to pay dividends (in EITHER BTC OR XCP) and nobody has been able to get it to issue assets either. Did you get it working again in the test branch?

So because there is a bug in 6.6, and instead of posting it on the main forum or making a pull request on GitHub you wrote an multi-page essay?

Edit: cut down your quote, since it's a pretty senseless wall of text.
PhantomPhreak (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:15:55 PM

Very cool.

So because there is a bug in 6.6, and instead of posting it on the main forum or making a pull request on GitHub you wrote an multi-page essay?

Edit: cut down your quote, since it's a pretty senseless wall of text.

There were a couple of regressions in the dividend and issuance functionality of v6.6, which I was made aware of a couple of hours ago. I pushed fixes to both branches just now.
grandpa_seth

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:24:13 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 04:36:50 PM by grandpa_seth

So what would you think would be a reasonable price for the coin? What makes you think it has so much potential to rise so much? Obviously market value reflects the benefit of a coin.
Indeed I think its too much technical for average Joe to enter the market...

100btc = .1 XCP

Seriously, I know XCP does not justify a high price right now but it will soon. .01 should be everybody's bottom. Counterwallet is coming and LTB coin is waiting. If nobody is buying at .01 then don't sell. .01 will be a huge bargain soon.
MoneypakTrader.com

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:50:00 PM

There were a couple of regressions in the dividend and issuance functionality of v6.6, which I was made aware of a couple of hours ago. I pushed fixes to both branches just now.
YEAH!
Thanks for correcting your regression!
That's one good thing about everyone using the same piece of centrally controlled and developed software/protocol, the dev can push a quick fix for problems (regressions or other dev perceived problems), force stop all the old versions from working (using that "contact the dev every time a command is attempted" "feature" of the software) which encourages users to update to the recently released version of the software (or they have to stop using it due to the "upgrade" or "can't connect" error).
NOTE: Yes, you can apparently use the --force option on every command you issue to avoid it from using the "contact the dev every time a command is attempted" "feature" of the software.

Great Work on the XCP altcoin, protocol, software, and asset trading system, to the moon for the XCP 2nd gen altcoin!

Plenty of XCP still available for sale.

We're available on torchat or FB chat to sell XCP, great time to buy! low prices.

FULL DISCLOSURE, OP omitted some info in title post: the XCP devs use a moderated thread, use anonymous identities with no trust history, deliberate privately about XCP protocol and software changes without disclosing in advance the nature of such changes that are implemented (using the "it's open source" mantra), and are controlling the fate of huge sums of digital assets/value by doing such.

IamNotSure

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:01:19 PM

Serious trolling by MPT today.

I think we've heard your point. People are not idiots and can decide for themselves.

Why don't you put all your XCP for sale on the DEX (instead of trolling it) and give us a break ?
porqupine

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:02:29 PM

YEAH!
That's one good thing about everyone using the same piece of centrally controlled and developed software/protocol, the dev can push a quick fix for problems (regressions or other dev perceived problems), force stop all the old versions from working (using that "contact the dev every time a command is attempted" "feature" of the software) which encourages users to update to the recently released version of the software (or they have to stop using it due to the "upgrade" or "can't connect" error).
NOTE: Yes, you can apparently use the --force option on every command you issue to avoid it from using the "contact the dev every time a command is attempted" "feature" of the software.

Great Work on the XCP altcoin, protocol, software, and asset trading system, to the moon for the XCP 2nd gen altcoin!

We're available on torchat or FB chat to sell XCP, great time to buy! low prices.

FULL DISCLOSURE, OP omitted some info in title post: the XCP devs use a moderated thread, use anonymous identities with no trust history, deliberate privately about XCP protocol and software changes without disclosing in advance the nature of such changes that are implemented (using the "it's open source" mantra), and are controlling the fate of huge sums of digital assets/value by doing such.

Well, - I don't really get it - someone wrote the entire Counterpartyd Code, released it on terms no more advantageous to himself than you - and you who have contributed nothing to development or bug testing but just burned BTC are constantly spamming and complaining about the protocol, and now you are attacking the dev's personally as well.  
grandpa_seth

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:20:41 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg4986698#msg4986698 (BiggestFish wrong on how basic Bitcoin protocol transaction fees work)

MoneypakTrader is never going to let me live down the incomplete phrasing I used when arguing that tx fees are required if you want your transaction to be confirmed in any reasonable amount of time.  Cry

I should just kill myself now. /wrists

Nooooo don't do it. You will miss out on Moneypak apologizing for everything to PhantomPhreak at the 2014 New Year Eve's millionaires only CounterPARTY!
MoneypakTrader.com

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:23:51 PM

YEAH!

Well, - I don't really get it - someone wrote the entire Counterpartyd Code, released it on terms no more advantageous to himself than you - and you who have contributed nothing to development or bug testing but just burned BTC are constantly spamming and complaining about the protocol, and now you are attacking the dev's personally as well.  
You're ignorant of our contributions and you write "spamming and complaining about the protocol, and now you are attacking the dev's personally as well" without explaining that at all. . .
We try to stick to the facts as well as revealing less widely accepted facts (to potential buyers of our alt-coin holdings) to avoid accusations of non-disclosure, when you don't use facts in your attacks it makes them useless opinions.
We offered great advice to the direction that developers should take and several implementations flowed directly from those despite others being ignored.
See: https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,71.0.html

Our knowledge distribution butthurts you?
Thanks for the dialogue on the subject.

I think we've heard your point. People are not idiots and can decide for themselves.
[Completely idiotic question/s omitted/ignored]
But you take offense to our knowledge distribution in this thread? You want people to decide for themselves without our shared knowledge. . .

We're all alpha-testers here and people are complaining about too much knowledge being spammed, nice. . .

crypto era

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:34:37 PM

Why don't you put all your XCP for sale on the DEX (instead of trolling it) and give us a break ?
I'm not trying to get in on any argument, but most people are idiots. A lot need to be told what to do and most who trade these coins don't understand what there doing. MTP has made some good points.
nakaone

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:41:24 PM

I normally liked MPTs critique, because  it was constructive, anyway I do not get the argument here. How do you expect an early stage proof of burn system to be managed? Isn't the nature of pob that it is quite centralized in the beginning? well you can argue that only pow can be truly decentralized, or that a voting system is needed. But this is really close to trolling. Anyway in the long run this critique is in some way valueable, because a second instance of consensus is missing. But in the short and middle run for me the mixture of "centralization" of development + open source is a good solution.  
porqupine

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:47:59 PM

You're ignorant of our contributions and you write "spamming and complaining about the protocol, and now you are attacking the dev's personally as well" without explaining that at all. . .
We try to stick to the facts as well as revealing less widely accepted facts (to potential buyers of our alt-coin holdings) to avoid accusations of non-disclosure, when you don't use facts in your attacks it makes them useless opinions.
We offered great advice to the direction that developers should take and several implementations flowed directly from those despite others being ignored.
See: https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,71.0.html

Okay where should I start.
A) Your tone, method of giving advice, are unproductive to any discussion and more so, inappropriate
B) By you 'offered great advice' do you mean you said what should be done, the Developers did not fully agree with you, and now instead of contributing to development by mentioning bugs on the counterparty.co forums you are trolling the bitcointalk thread about how bad the devs are. Why don't you go implement Your Genius Solution on your Own? Who is stopping you?
C) These aren't personal attacks at the credibility of the Dev's?
D) I'm not going to talk about any of your factual claims since mostly it's just blatant non-sense (i.e. 10 block expiration on order match, multi-sig 'fees'), yes there was a bug in 6.6, there was probably a bug i 6.5, 6.4, 6.3, and 6.2 as well.

I only can't fathom why you have money in this project then - as someone has suggested why don't you sell out of XCP and invest in AuroraCoin or Mastercoin?
Pages: « 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: