Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:27:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276311 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 01:35:38 PM

Only 'small' issue with XCP, is our lack of exposure. Only 2 nerds and 3 geeks know about it, and we can see tons of inferior coins (functionnality-wise) getting an insane value, just because of the hype. This is the only potential point of failure of XCP as of today.

Don't forget that Adam from Let's Talk Bitcoin is starting LTBcoin on top of Counterparty. This project will be launched soon and he's already talking about it in every show. I guess we will see quite an interest in LTBcoin and Counterparty once this went live.

bingo
bitexch

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:41:55 PM

Only 'small' issue with XCP, is our lack of exposure. Only 2 nerds and 3 geeks know about it, and we can see tons of inferior coins (functionnality-wise) getting an insane value, just because of the hype. This is the only potential point of failure of XCP as of today.

Don't forget that Adam from Let's Talk Bitcoin is starting LTBcoin on top of Counterparty. This project will be launched soon and he's already talking about it in every show. I guess we will see quite an interest in LTBcoin and Counterparty once this went live.

bingo

But we shouldn't just rely on Adam to do our marketing for us. Everyone seems to think we need more exposure, but no one is really stepping up and taking the initiative.

Is there anyone who is very comfortable with Counterparty and would be willing to do a video for it? Anyone with video editing experience?
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 01:59:40 PM

bingo

But we shouldn't just rely on Adam to do our marketing for us. Everyone seems to think we need more exposure, but no one is really stepping up and taking the initiative.

Is there anyone who is very comfortable with Counterparty and would be willing to do a video for it? Anyone with video editing experience?

he's not doing marketing for you.  he is USING the protocol for his own business.

videos are for mass market, and there is no way that the current state of xcp, msc, etc is ready for that.  a lot of technical things that need to get worked out.

bitexch

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:03:30 PM

bingo

he's not doing marketing for you.  he is USING the protocol for his own business.

videos are for mass market, and there is no way that the current state of xcp, msc, etc is ready for that.  a lot of technical things that need to get worked out.

We'll have to see how easy Counterwallet is to use, I guess. But if it's easy enough, why wouldn't we try to make a video? There are probably some people in the community who are not very technical, and they can tell us whether they found the video useful.

Besides, videos are not the only way to market. Do you have any suggestions what we as a community can do?
akann46

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:13:06 PM

bingo

We'll have to see how easy Counterwallet is to use, I guess. But if it's easy enough, why wouldn't we try to make a video? There are probably some people in the community who are not very technical, and they can tell us whether they found the video useful.

Besides, videos are not the only way to market. Do you have any suggestions what we as a community can do?

halfcab was doing a video. shall ask him on this
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:35:40 PM

[Marketing]

Regarding the content of the marketing initiative, I suggest a use case.
Instead of talking in detail about what Counterparty is, or describing somewhat abstractly the kinds of things Counterparty can do, talk specifically about the things that someone is already using Counterparty for. In this vein, we could talk about the new project from Bitcoin Tangible Trust.

Any use case type of explanation for Counterparty's virtues must describe how Counterparty is doing one or more things for the entrepreneur (in my example, BTT):
How does CP solve a problem that BTT had (or that companies like it have)?
How does CP allow BTT to reach more customers/improve customer experience?
How does CP allow BTT to speed up time to market/development time/etc?
Why is CP the best choice for companies like BTT?

In short, instead of talking so much about what CP is (like many informational videos do), talk about what it does for those who might be interested in using it. People will respond to something that solves some problem for them, or allows them to do something interesting and new. And investors will respond to CP when they see how CP can become a genuine partner with lots of entrepreneurs and adventurous thinkers out there.  

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:46:32 PM

[Competition]

Cryptocoin News has an article/interview on Mastercoin's distributed exchange. Does someone here want to respond to that article in the comments section? I don't have the technical expertise to discuss how CP is already live with some of the things MSC is planning, or how CoinJoin has implementation problems. We could at least talk about how CP is way ahead of them, having had a functioning dex for awhile now.
Here's the article: http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/03/16/mastercoin-launches-distributed-exchange/

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:53:02 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 05:42:58 PM by bitwhizz

great idea sparta,
why not get a few videos made?

a. use case
b. concept and functionality

We are going to need a few things for this marketing video/videos

1. funds  and someone trustworthy to hold them.   ( Can a dev please volunteer for holding the funds)

2. a proffesional at video marketing - we need to start researching for  excellent video marketers/makers, or if anyone has a good lead we wil contact them. Once we find someone, we should ask if they accept bitcoin and/or XCP.If not we can always convert btc on an exchange.
 We essentially want this video  going viral, it has to somehow capture counterparty in a simplistic and dynamic way( look how succesful the DOGE video was) ours needs to be better without losing the intelligence of the protocol

3. Someone with a great understanding of counter party who has the time to work with the video marketer

If XCP is marketed properly - theirs is no reason we shouldn't be at 0.12 btc/xcp like MSC

akann46

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:03:42 PM

Will I be able to use DEX through lightweight desktop client/counterwallet?
lonsharim

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:22:13 PM

Will I be able to use DEX through lightweight desktop client/counterwallet?
Yes you will be able to
Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 06:25:15 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 06:40:44 PM by Matt Y

An interesting discussion on Counterparty and other "premined coins" is available here: http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/20hlee/whats_your_opinion_of_nonminable_premined_coins/

Another interesting thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/20je1z/stupid_question_mastercoincounterpartycolored/

There is a huge fundamental misunderstanding of what Counterparty is. As we educate and inform folks of the functionality and purpose of Counterparty, things are going to get a lot busier around here.

Matt Y

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 06:48:30 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 06:59:18 PM by Matt Y

1. funds  and someone trustworthy to hold them.   ( Can a dev please volunteer for holding the funds)

The guys suggested I hold the funds, here is the address: 1A1FrhZqEs7k3bHGPHSG4AUHnxX8NR5Wcy

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

kdrop22

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:05:10 PM

Xcp is the 2nd highest volume coin on bter!
Just for this weekend.
The typical volume during last week was around 25 to 35 BTC on Poloniex and probably half that on BTER.
We really need more volume, to ensure efficient distribution of the currency.
kdrop22

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:17:14 PM

Can we also create an unofficial wiki, that any one of us can edit. That way we would be able to add how to's and other instructions without waiting for the developers.
This will really help in easing newbies into the product.
halfcab123

Activity: 224

CabTrader v2 | crypto-folio.com

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:18:23 PM

Can we also create an unofficial wiki, that any one of us can edit. That way we would be able to add how to's and other instructions without waiting for the developers.
This will really help in easing newbies into the product.

The how to in my signature is pretty thorough I just need to make a walk through video for each platform

DayTrade with less exposure to risk, by setting buy and sell spreads with CabTrader v2, buy now @ crypto-folio.com
bitexch

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:29:22 PM

Just for this weekend.
The typical volume during last week was around 25 to 35 BTC on Poloniex and probably half that on BTER.

One of the ways to get more volume is to get Counterparty more exposure. We should be making posts to the subreddit, and directing traffic to the forums and to this bitcointalk thread.

Two of the most qualified guys for the job are auditing Counterparty's code, and it seems like no one outside the community is even aware. It's up to us to let people know how much awesome stuff is being done every day.
porqupine

Activity: 214
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:23:32 PM

Just for this weekend.

One of the ways to get more volume is to get Counterparty more exposure. We should be making posts to the subreddit, and directing traffic to the forums and to this bitcointalk thread.

Two of the most qualified guys for the job are auditing Counterparty's code, and it seems like no one outside the community is even aware. It's up to us to let people know how much awesome stuff is being done every day.

I made a post on the reddit - but it's been pretty inactive. Linking it here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/counterparty_xcp/comments/208kj9/serious_what_should_the_community_do_to_support/

Guys, it's been over 2 months since Counterparty came out and over 1 since it went live on Mainnet - and yet it has received only a very scant amount of attention (1 or 2 articles, some brief mentions), on one hand I'm inclined to think that the attention doesn't matter - because: a) This protocol works b) It makes sense, it provides tools and opportunities Bitcoin users (and not yet users) could otherwise not have without fracturing the fledgling movement towards adoptation into incongruent parts c) The protocol had an open distribution, no premine, and no hidden fees. On the other hand attention does matter when it comes to something obviously better taking off -
Plan 9 was supposed to be a way better OS (it never took off). Looking at Coinmarketcap - there is 28X times the market cap to Auroracoin - a completely shameless pump and dump, copy and pastecoin -
4X more to NXT which was initiated with a total of 21 donated btc (the tried and true donate to ourselves to initiate balances thing) -4x to MSC which has been around for a good half-year and still has no working code. Also part c) kind of hurts right now, because people are often motivated solely on a fiscal basis, the dev's don't have a several million dollar chest of money like MSC to payout media organizations etc. for marketing - but hey, at least 33% of the coins don't belong to a single person.

In all what I mean to say is Counterparty is different, it shouldn't need to have people shamelessly making plugs for it, but it does need active community support and development - what can we do?

Log onto reddit and add some ideas -

P.S. Also shouldn't the Mastercoin guys give us back the Counterparty reddit?
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 08:55:23 PM

Just for this weekend.

http://www.reddit.com/r/counterparty_xcp/comments/208kj9/serious_what_should_the_community_do_to_support/

Guys, it's been over 2 months since Counterparty came out and over 1 since it went live on Mainnet - and yet it has received only a very scant amount of attention (1 or 2 articles, some brief mentions), on one hand I'm inclined to think that the attention doesn't matter - because: a) This protocol works b) It makes sense, it provides tools and opportunities Bitcoin users (and not yet users) could otherwise not have without fracturing the fledgling movement towards adoptation into incongruent parts c) The protocol had an open distribution, no premine, and no hidden fees. On the other hand attention does matter when it comes to something obviously better taking off -
Plan 9 was supposed to be a way better OS (it never took off). Looking at Coinmarketcap - there is 28X times the market cap to Auroracoin - a completely shameless pump and dump, copy and pastecoin -
4X more to NXT which was initiated with a total of 21 donated btc (the tried and true donate to ourselves to initiate balances thing) -4x to MSC which has been around for a good half-year and still has no working code. Also part c) kind of hurts right now, because people are often motivated solely on a fiscal basis, the dev's don't have a several million dollar chest of money like MSC to payout media organizations etc. for marketing - but hey, at least 33% of the coins don't belong to a single person.

In all what I mean to say is Counterparty is different, it shouldn't need to have people shamelessly making plugs for it, but it does need active community support and development - what can we do?

i consider myself a Counterparty Co-Burner Tongue

Matt Y

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 09:03:33 PM

Just for this weekend.

We reached out to one of the guys and he wanted a bitcoin for it. As activity picks up on the subreddit we control, I don't think it will matter much.

CounterNewb

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:33:44 PM

Newbie here.  So is proof-of-burn still how people are buying these?  Or should I buy through Poloniex? Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: