Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:09:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 221 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 42 | Time to Revive 42 Coin - Everyone get in here!!!  (Read 357117 times)
hendo420 (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 02:22:23 AM

Who is promoting the 42 coin.

I have notice that only small group of miner know about this coin. If not even listed on the ALT CRYPTOCURRENCY NEW COINS  (HENDO420-MACO) ?
I'm aware of 1 or 2 small altcoin forums, which one are you talking about and I will make sure I list 42.

I am two weeks into my 42 mining journey and I am becoming concerned, I would like some opinions from more experienced cryptologists miners.

My concerns are with the community:

I don't mind crapcoins I just do not mine them or buy them if I dub them so.

I don't mind coins with controversial names, it brings attention to the crypto community.

I am by all mean I have faith in this 42COIN.

So may I ask what, if anything can be done to stop the community from destroying itself because the scams are increasing exponentially, which over time will degrade trust in a coin like 42 .
Maco and I are trying our best to keep the pools honest. If we get a report we look into it and take action.

Of course the easy answer is do not mine it, but what happens in six months if all coins are released in this manner?  

But the 42 community is going to Hell in a handbasket, if we do not support hendon420 and maco in the task of promoting the 42 coin.  I stood on the shoulders of these  two guys  which provided us a great coin to look me forward.
I run the forum promotions, maco runs the social media/news media promotions.
We have something really fun planned for when we finally hit 1 coin mined.  Grin

This is changing rapidly, its going downhill.

Discuss.... PLEASE BE POSITIVE AND SUPPORT THIS 42 COIN.

PS: I´m only a poor miner that really believe in this coin.

Thanks. Grin Grin Grin

ebmarket.co
tonykay

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 02:38:05 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134179.0  we need to be in this list ..!!!

We are here https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/604-42/   not good topic  Huh Scame and Hack about 42Pool and Client´s

tonykay

Activity: 111

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 02:46:30 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134179.0  we need to be in this list ..!!!

We are here https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/604-42/   not good topic  Huh Scame and Hack about 42Pool and Client´s
[/quote

And we need to this people to talk about 42. http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/nov/28/bitcoin-alternatives-future-currency-investments

doctormandrake

Activity: 452

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:01:58 AM

Damn bought in on cryptsy at 916, couldn't get online til recently and saw the price changes. Shocked   hopefully it does recover. seems super speculative. sucks to drop to less than half though. I think this coin has alot more intrigue and neatness than many that have survived so far. I like it, so I suppose I will hold until there is a nice spike, or let my investment die with the coin. I have a feeling it will recover though. If anyone feels like contributing some 42 dents to my tiny pile, feel free. 4LBanYrGB6sVDNbKmWnthZ46DoMXxRcBqJ   Smiley     or if ya have any alts on cryptsy laying around, ill trade em for 42 while its low Cheesy      

this kind of up and down, wildly speculative environment can make cryptos nerve wracking, but it is also part of the fun ^^

On the way to ya. Don't spend it all in one place, oh wait, I take that back, spend it all on 42. Wink

thanks man Cheesy  I saw the 10 dents show up  and thought that was pretty damned cool.  Cool
Cor2

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:22:33 AM

Correction is needed - thrusters full reverse!

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
Clayce

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:48:09 AM

So is 42 going to bounce back up over 800-900 anytime soon?
coinpool_de

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:55:06 AM

Why join Coinpool.de?
Backups every 60 minutes of the databases and wallets to protect your earnings.
24/7 support Just write us a mail at info (at) coinpool.de
All servers with a DDoS protection.
Low fees FREE UNTIL 31.Jan 2014
Get bonuses in our special offers
Stratum Vardiff
Fast servers Xeon 4 x 3,2Ghs 32 GB Ram, SSD
Manual and auto payout
10+ Mining pools out of one Hand (SHA and scrypt)

Settings for Stratum (recommended):
STRATUM: stratum+tcp://42.stratum.coinpool.de
PORT: 1042
Username: Weblogin.Worker
Password: Worker Password

http://42.coinpool.de
Silverwolf_Ru

Activity: 120

Astrophotographer and Ham Radioist!

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:37:41 AM

I really love this coin and have been renting mining rigs to keep it alive ~ish Smiley Not worried if it might bring a profit or not. I am good at photography, astrophotography to be more precise. I really wish to help your coin grow Hendo / Mako. Would it be a good idea to look into creating an astronomy parts shop that will accept 42coin? After all they are both related to our Universe Smiley

If the price bumps up I, or somebody could sell some of the 42coin, buy a 3D printer, print parts for astronomy. For example lens caps,  focusing handles, gears, T2 rings, all kinds of adapters? Then sell them for 42coin? Would that be a good idea? Eventually as I mine enough for a telescope I could sell quality prints of galaxies and veils and other cosmic structures? Just throwing my two Dents in again. Might be a really silly idea!

PS! For a quick and free promotion you could PM me a large 42coin logo which I could print out and plop down in our sparkling snow to photograph with my (approximate) location and build a database of such "I support this coin!" pictures? Post a new thread of course, so we don't spam down this one. I'll copy this suggestion into a PM as well.

Bitcoin: 17kz4pWKoMoVupGUYgj8kGomxXUkDHNtVe
Shadowcoin: Seta8CFwP6yvbeCkgfjxXjpkokrQMQovGF ~Coin of the Future!
iozen

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:02:34 AM

Damn bought in on cryptsy at 916, couldn't get online til recently and saw the price changes. Shocked   hopefully it does recover. seems super speculative. sucks to drop to less than half though. I think this coin has alot more intrigue and neatness than many that have survived so far. I like it, so I suppose I will hold until there is a nice spike, or let my investment die with the coin. I have a feeling it will recover though. If anyone feels like contributing some 42 dents to my tiny pile, feel free. 4LBanYrGB6sVDNbKmWnthZ46DoMXxRcBqJ   Smiley     or if ya have any alts on cryptsy laying around, ill trade em for 42 while its low Cheesy      

this kind of up and down, wildly speculative environment can make cryptos nerve wracking, but it is also part of the fun ^^

On the way to ya. Don't spend it all in one place, oh wait, I take that back, spend it all on 42. Wink

thanks man Cheesy  I saw the 10 dents show up  and thought that was pretty damned cool.  Cool

You're welcome!  Cool
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 10:02:53 AM

imo- no. Looking at the charts I suspect 42 may go slightly lower before reversing it's trend downwards. If it manages to hit 350ish, I think I'll be a buyer again.

I stopped myself out at about 25% loss on 42. I dread to think of some of the losses people are sitting on. But this coin is interesting and I've been happily mining it for about a week now I think Smiley

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
Tarka

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:25:48 AM

If 42 continues following the curve it's on it looks set to level out roughly around 350-400 assuming no other intervention. However as Hendo and Maco are talking of something fun happening once the first full coin has been mined, you can expect it to spike upwards when that happens. Also, each time they are successful in promoting the coin to outsiders (people who aren't aware of this coin yet) who want a piece of the pie, you might expect the baseline to raise slightly.

So all in all, the value of the coin (along with pretty much any product in existence) is directly dependant upon the amount of marketing and effort which is put into it. Which means all of us who believe in this coin have our own part to play and are responsible for what happens to it.

How many of you have mentioned 42 on Facebook, or Twitter, or your blogs? The more noise we make, the better chance this coin has. You want your investment to mature? Make the effort. C'mon folks  Wink
skeet

Activity: 190

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:39:27 AM

I'm not a  miner but a big fan of 42 that's why I created a dedicated news page on facebook for 42. I just want to show my support for 42 and have been promoting the page since yesterday on facebook. Like it to get the breaking 42 coin news. Wink

PS. If you like it feel free to donate. Donation address is on FB page.  Smiley

Tarka

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:21:14 AM

Cool. You just gained a 'Like'  Wink
Joe4782

Activity: 83

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:35:15 AM

I've been thinking about how how a currency can avoid being killed by multi-pools (or even discourage individual pools dominating a currency).

I've not yet looked at any source code, nor do I fully understand the mechanics of crypto-currencies. But I have the following questions, followed by my suggestion for a partial solution:

1. Can any agent/client of a crytpo-currency easily determine the total network hash rate?
2. Would it be possible to adjust the difficulty mid-block?

If the answers to both the above are 'yes', then we could attempt the following:

To reduce the advantage of creating huge hashing pools that switch to your currency, do NOT allow block rewards to go to any address that has received a block reward in any of 'x' previous blocks. In this case 'x' would be based upon total network hashing power. So eg, up to 10Mh network: 5 blocks; 100Mh: 10 blocks; 1Gh: 50 blocks; etc. This should help to encourage solo mining, or mining from smaller pools. It WOULD increase the luck element of getting a block reward though. In addition, the coin client should be made trivially simple to solo mine, so that my Grandmother could attempt it and maybe luck-out on some crypto-coins.

To reduce the problem of huge losses of hashing power from your particular coin, intra-block difficulty adjustment will probably be required. So if target block time is 't', and 3t or 5t (or maybe higher) passes with no block being found, then an algorithmic reduction in difficulty could be enacted - maybe with additional reductions should further multiples of 't' pass.

I would be interested to know if this is possble.

edit: for clarity regarding client solo mining
maco

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:42:43 AM

Tarka... Your statements make me proud to be apart of this... You are absolutely right. We need the community to adopt 42... Think about it. Make a service you want that offers people to pay you in 42 and make money on it. It will stimulate our economy. Also I am seeing more creativity now from 42ers with good ideas how they want to offer 42 as a payment service ... Amazing. Hendo and I want to work closely with each of you to achieve this.

Skeet that Facebook page looks great this is the type of promotions we need. I am big into social media and I will start posting my tweets here and you guys should do the same for every update you make so 42 can help retweet and like those pages anything to promote 42... We need to be united and work together for one common goal.

I like what I hear and see so far. We are here to help. 42 will be a destination soon
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 12:11:36 PM

ey look at dogecoin, looks like a roket!! i wish the same happen with 42

the up increase of difficult make higher price, 42 coin is going to be full mined in 1 year, but when we have this increases of dificult Huh

Miners hold !  this coin will be not a roket like doge maybe a multidimensional door opens and put all of us in the big money world

ok i should prepare grafics to spam by forums etc,,,

i think 42 coin not have Spanish web, i like to colaborate to make it

if anyone could do in chinesse will be focking good for coin too
iozen

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:45:27 PM

I'm working on getting a couple sites collaborated with some companies I have relations with to accept 42. Hopefully will have some news this week.

Also, if any of you guys need graphics/artwork for these social sites or anything else 42 related, let me know and I'll do whatever you need.
maco

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:02:18 PM

the up increase of difficult make higher price, 42 coin is going to be full mined in 1 year, but when we have this increases of dificult Huh

Miners hold !  this coin will be not a roket like doge maybe a multidimensional door opens and put all of us in the big money world

You know spanish?  We do need bilingual (different languages) to help us explore those markets
Markets we want to adopt Immediately:
  • Chinese
  • Spanish
  • French
  • German
Much more! If you know a specific language and can help 42 grow into these language markets, this would be great!!
maco

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:06:14 PM

I really love this coin and have been renting mining rigs to keep it alive ~ish Smiley Not worried if it might bring a profit or not. I am good at photography, astrophotography to be more precise. I really wish to help your coin grow Hendo / Mako. Would it be a good idea to look into creating an astronomy parts shop that will accept 42coin? After all they are both related to our Universe Smiley

If the price bumps up I, or somebody could sell some of the 42coin, buy a 3D printer, print parts for astronomy. For example lens caps,  focusing handles, gears, T2 rings, all kinds of adapters? Then sell them for 42coin? Would that be a good idea? Eventually as I mine enough for a telescope I could sell quality prints of galaxies and veils and other cosmic structures? Just throwing my two Dents in again. Might be a really silly idea!

PS! For a quick and free promotion you could PM me a large 42coin logo which I could print out and plop down in our sparkling snow to photograph with my (approximate) location and build a database of such "I support this coin!" pictures? Post a new thread of course, so we don't spam down this one. I'll copy this suggestion into a PM as well.

Hendo and I love this support. I think it would be a good idea! We are releasing an information guide for anyone NEW to the crypto community to easily get in and start buying things with BTC/42

42 Coin will adopt newcomers, I believe more than most other altcoins due to the possibilities of rarity.

Think about how rarity is a demand when no one has it or not enough sellers? What will that due to your VALUED product or service?

This is what we need to think about when adopting. Not just for you Silver but it goes to everyone thinking about this. You just came out in the open with something you could be good at because you have history doing this and I think there is a land of opportunity here for you to make this happen.

Take a look at https://www.coinpayments.net
They are the 'BitPay' for Altcoins for Payment Processing. They will handle the transactions for 42 if anyone doesn't want to deal
with the BUY/SELL directly (manually) it can be automated with CoinPayments.net and they will transition the transaction for your site.

This is amazing!

Silverwolf_Ru

Activity: 120

Astrophotographer and Ham Radioist!

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:08:22 PM

Miners hold !  this coin will be not a roket like doge maybe a multidimensional door opens and put all of us in the big money world

You know spanish?  We do need bilingual (different languages) to help us explore those markets
Markets we want to adopt Immediately:
  • Chinese
  • Spanish
  • French
  • German
Much more! If you know a specific language and can help 42 grow into these language markets, this would be great!!

I can surely help with the Russian aspect of it. Russians are very special and picky with their coins though. But they have an amazing potential for innovation (and circumvention of rules for profit Cheesy ) Though maybe not as greatly equipped technically as some others. Simply because even a R9 270X is utterly hard to get here. Even I have to rent rigs to help 42coin grow.

Bitcoin: 17kz4pWKoMoVupGUYgj8kGomxXUkDHNtVe
Shadowcoin: Seta8CFwP6yvbeCkgfjxXjpkokrQMQovGF ~Coin of the Future!
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 221 »
  Print  

Jump to: