Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:23:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907169 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
eboard10

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:34:02 PM

P.S. I stand by my expectation of a revisit to $400 and probably a bottom under $300. The chart resembles silver's fall. Why? Because pigs get slaughtered in permabull markets (of tinfoil hat white males) where everyone wants to buy always.

Exactly my thoughts, I think we will bottom in the $250-$300 range just above the April 2013 top, a golden buying opportunity.
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:35:07 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 09:51:19 PM by AnonyMint

Suggestion to re-read my prior post as I added to it.

So I understand that you "hate" Chinese as they are statist and infiltrated by NWO. Your level is higher. Did I do sth wrong?

I don't hate individual Chinese people (I really love interacting with all people if they are fun or interesting in spite of any ideological differences unless those interfere with the fun and personal exchange). I hate the collective ideology pervasive in their society now, idolizing that the collective can be great. And I hate Western society for the same reasons (but it doesn't mean I don't partake of for example pizza or facilities provided by society, don't conflate please). And I see parallels in your thinking wherein you think the collective can be helped in some idealistic way by Bitcoin, i.e. you idolize Bitcoin.

Remember the collective can never be great because it is not a one-on-one relationship with God. For the atheists, I mean to say that knowledge is always individualized.

Remember my upthread point about distinction between technology adopted individually versus collectively, e.g. washing machines versus nuclear power.

Perhaps you've misinterpreted the Bible on this.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:57:20 PM

But a worldwide global conspiracy run buy a small group of people capable of long term thinking and execution of a plan ( 100 years ?). No.

If one did not exist by design, it would arise by an evolutionary process.  It is an ecological niche in ideological space, and a rich one.  It will necessarily be filled.

Also, you overstate the case to create a strawman.  No actors need more than a short planning horizon in order for a community to persist. 

Clearly there are open conspiracies of vast scope which have been enormously successful for millennia.,  Why should there not be some which are clandestine, perforce, since their culture, their deeds, are so offensive to the mainstream that they would be destroyed but for stealth?

Clearly there are also many spurious, fantastical, or perhaps supernatural, conspiracies for which no material evidence will ever be provided, and thus which do not positivistically exist.  But the historical evidence of many conspiratorial communities is abundant, and among them some are persistent.  The degree of coordination among them is probably not great.

Supporters of a depopulationist agenda will act according to that agenda, whether by plan or by coincidence.  No conspiratorial hypthesis is required in order to oppose them in that agenda.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
AnonyMint

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:46:40 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 01:19:09 AM by AnonyMint

aminorex, compliments to your superior communication skills. Okay back to TA now. I am done. Thanks for the discussion all.

The reason he hates sin so much is sin really is anything that causes harm to others.

What do you do when you can't do anything without harming someone. It is impossible to never harm someone due to the Butterfly effect. You are basically asking for gridlock and communism.

I call BS on that. Although your intentions are good, the recurrent outcome of your stated ideology is horrific genocide which is the antithesis of your intention. As far as I can see, the Bible doesn't talk about not harming (although harming shouldn't be and helping should be an individualized goal but not a global requirement, e.g. I can help someone individually whose situation I know), rather it pushes the value of individualism and focusing on what you can do rather than judging others (c.f. Matthew 7). The point of the 10 Commandments is that individualism is destroyed by disrespecting property rights. Then you need a government (idol) to enforce (collective) theft.

When the Bible says there is only one King and only one law, what it means is a one-on-one relationship between you and your creator (c.f. Matthew 6:5). For scientists and atheists, let's look at this from the perspective of knowledge spawns accretively from individual fitness to individual situations. I got more in depth on this when I was working out the type theory of computer languages (yeah I know you wonder what in the heck would type theory have to do it). Here is the link:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#%21msg/scala-debate/vysv97J0xok/ikiNtik33QsJ

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:52:12 PM

I am ignored when I post EW analysis here, but I gotta say, the junctures are playing out just as I am expecting.

who expected that massive buy order out of nowhere just there? me.

This analysis is based on fundamentals, not technicals. once you have the sentiment, it is useless unless you know it has been acted upon and spent.

These irrational forces play out the same every time, panic selling is as old as the hills. that is EW analysis

watch out for the bulls today.

chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:32:12 PM

Doesnt matter who you thought did it, 9/11 was a conspiracy by definition.

the building imploded without being hit by a plane. is that really suspicious in a 'terrorist' attack? no, they could plant bombs.

What is suspicious, is why the US officials are not open to discussion of this subject. why do they bash the engineers that disprove their theoroies. The US has thus been exposed.

Although the exact identities of the 'terrorists' will never be known for sure, so the US government may as well have nodded along to theories about planned demolition.

chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:30:58 PM

believe in EW patterns or no, this chart fits one perfectly.

not all movements can be described by EW, indeed not many accurately, but when shit hits the fan, natural forces play out very clearly, such as in this case.

Consider 465 a very significant bottom. I will not dare to say that it will not be broken, but weather the price passes that point is critical in knowing what the state of sentiment is.

yesterday, bearish panic sellers were exhausted at 465, after already huge volume was traded down to 3000 Yuan. Unless the chart is rudely interrupted by news again, this consolidation we should expect to last for another day, reaching mid 500s, if consolidation it indeed be.

CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:44:21 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 01:08:25 AM by CoinCube

..snip..

But, in regards to macro change, you do nothing. Absolutely nothing.

In totality you have a small negative affect on the causes you say are so important to you.

If you asked me a year ago what political group I associated with I would have told you I was a progressive.
I was most certainly not a libertarian or even a conservative. I was a full out far left liberal.
Now my views have taken an hard 180 degree turn a massive lurch to the right. I am not an anarchist, but my sympathies are now much much closer to anarchism.

AnonyMint's work especially his his outstanding outside writings (those not published on this forum) highlighted in the Economic Devastation thread helped me see the big picture. I had a number of the pieces floating around in my head already. I knew something was wrong with my worldview but had not figured out how to put the puzzle pieces together. I like to think I would have figured it out on my own eventually. However, I was starting from such an erroneous starting point that putting it all together without an outside catalyst would have taken me years at best.  For me AnonyMint's writings served as that catalyst. I am certain that I in turn will act as a similar catalyst for others.

In short, I profoundly and completely disagree with your statements above.

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:39:29 AM

..snip..

But, in regards to macro change, you do nothing. Absolutely nothing.

In totality you have a small negative affect on the causes you say are so important to you.

If you asked me a year ago what political group I associated with I would have told you I was a progressive.
I was most certainly not a libertarian or even a conservative. I was a full out far left liberal.
Now my views have taken an hard 180 degree turn a massive lurch to the right. I am not an anarchist, but my sympathies are now much much closer to anarchism.

AnonyMint's work especially his his outstanding outside writings (those not published on this forum) highlighted in the Economic Devastation thread helped me see the big picture. I had a number of the pieces floating around in my head already. I knew something was wrong with my worldview but had not figured out how to put the puzzle pieces together. I like to think I would have figured it out on my own eventually. However, I was starting from such an erroneous starting point that putting it all together without an outside catalyst would have taken me years at best.  For me AnonyMint's writings served as that catalyst. I am certain that I in turn will act as a similar catalyst for others.

In short, I profoundly and completely disagree with your statements above.

I'm not talking about his blog. I am talking about him bringing that stuff here to a speculation forum. I think his efforts here are a net negative.
AnonyMint

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:56:17 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 03:18:32 AM by AnonyMint

I had forgotten how insightful this essay was (even though it could be improved):

http://www.coolpage.com/commentary/economic/shelby/Demise%20of%20Finance,%20Rise%20of%20Knowledge.html

I was obviously in a better health condition because I can barely read it now (my concentration is really suffering lately).

I worked very hard to get financialsense.com, marketoracle.co.uk, and gold-eagle.com to publish it (as they had published some of my prior essays), they refused. In particular Chris Sheridan at financialsense said that it was of no value to their readers.

I just fixed the broken links on that essay. In particular, mpettis.com was hacked and my old comments are only available on the internet archive. Here is the one about China which was probably about the time Risto got (mildy) offended by my comments about China as follows:

http://web.archive.org/web/20130410170312/http://www.mpettis.com/2012/10/07/how-to-be-a-china-bull/#comment-17629

windjc, I originally posted very far upthread (week or so ago) to reply to a post from Risto (the creator of the thread) about the adoption.

Lately there was some mention of FA vs. TA. So I provided some FA (fundamental analysis) and tied into the current TA w.r.t. to April 15 deadlines.

I also took this opportunity to try to impart some wisdom to Risto (hoping to see him on the winning side) and in the process hopefully touched a few others who might be interested. No doubt I probably offended many others.

Also I made posts in this thread about TA comparing the shape (but compressed duration) of the current BTC crash to that of silver's since 2011.

And why are you so offended? Because your world view is threatened by the facts you'd prefer everyone ignore. I am not impressed by those who are afraid of reason and truth.

akujin

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:44:26 AM

the building imploded without being hit by a plane. is that really suspicious in a 'terrorist' attack? no, they could plant bombs.

What is suspicious, is why the US officials are not open to discussion of this subject. why do they bash the engineers that disprove their theoroies. The US has thus been exposed.

Although the exact identities of the 'terrorists' will never be known for sure, so the US government may as well have nodded along to theories about planned demolition.
I didn't know terrorists nowadays are concerned of the safety of nearby buildings... They bombed that building like a demolition expert  Grin Grin

BTC: 165rKPfGJ3ndrG1QziHR6ACnViP4EQHNK7
LTC: LMysGMFjmF9gR9RzStij74msXrDP1NqW8X
DOGE: DRZXGgcKN8kANwko3VycsBVVGqfy6XsSpM
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:55:54 AM

I heard Mark K. does not have an alibi for 9/11???

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
lunarboy

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:11:46 AM

Quality TA has now left the building   Roll Eyes
creekbore

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:03:34 AM

LOL, four pages back Risto said:

and we get back to TA.

before launching into a four page discussion about life, the universe and everything (other than BTC TA) Cheesy

"Markets always move in the direction to hurt the most investors." AnonyMint
"Market depth is meaningless" AdamstgBit
trainingsengineering

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:31:34 AM

Yeah, but societies are becoming less and less easily manipulated with the information age. However, in parts of the world where they are cut off propaganda works.

contrarily, in a world where information dissemination is easier and cheaper than ever before, but a small few control the spigot, propaganda is that much more powerful.

proprietized media like TV is an excellent example of this. a cabal of wealthy movie producers, news channel operators, and advertising giants control the majority of the content that is gluttonously spewed into the the minds of millions daily, reinforcing ideological precedents that perpetuate class, race, gender, and other inequalities, and marginalizing radical ideologies by controlling the ratios of exposure, and by negative framing.

the internet may be a step in the right direction, but until it fully supplants TV as the king of media dissemination, and unless the tactics used by interested parties like JTRIG and the NSA that are destructive to open discourse are successfully combated, the information age will be synonymous with the age of propaganda.

--arepo
This is in my opinion very true. The less you think you are "propagandised" - the more you are. Every book on the subject matter will tell you. Decentralisation of news and information is not yet here. Good post.
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:51:02 AM

I didn't know terrorists nowadays are concerned of the safety of nearby buildings... They bombed that building like a demolition expert  Grin Grin

Demolition experts can be terrorists, American and white all at the same time. but we will never know for sure.

creekbore

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:05:59 AM

I didn't know terrorists nowadays are concerned of the safety of nearby buildings... They bombed that building like a demolition expert  Grin Grin

Demolition experts can be terrorists, American and white all at the same time. but we will never know for sure.

Perhaps they used an Elliot Wave Wink

"Markets always move in the direction to hurt the most investors." AnonyMint
"Market depth is meaningless" AdamstgBit
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:47:12 AM

no creekbore, I believe they used fundamental analysis and a daily trend line to bring it down, but they never understood afterwards why it collapsed before the plane hit  Huh

... should have studied herd psychology aye   Grin

akujin

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:27:21 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 10:38:44 AM by akujin

Is that building open 24hrs a day? How could terrorists bring in lots of explosives and drill the columns without anyone noticing it?  Grin

Maybe like this?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIV3DVxKBO8

Grin Grin Grin

BTC: 165rKPfGJ3ndrG1QziHR6ACnViP4EQHNK7
LTC: LMysGMFjmF9gR9RzStij74msXrDP1NqW8X
DOGE: DRZXGgcKN8kANwko3VycsBVVGqfy6XsSpM
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:40:52 AM

Is that building open 24hrs a day? How could terrorists bring in lots of explosives and drill the columns without anyone noticing it?  Grin

I think you miss the point. whoever planted those explosives was certainly a terrorist.

but have you fallen for the propoganda that all terrorist must be unsophisticated and arabic?   lol ^^

Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: