Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:50:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907162 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
2017orso

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:44:10 PM

You are certainly one of the few members carrying the quality of this forum on their shoulders, especially outside of the "Development and Technical Discussion" subsection.

It is only natural that burden begins to take its toll.  Much the same, bitcoin communities will sprout and diversify the pool.

I for one have enjoyed your contributions immensely since discovering this forum and would be saddened to see you leave.  Quite understandable nonetheless.

People like you have helped propel bitcoin to the masses, I suppose your consideration of logic would be a determination of energy expended vs potential mass appeal threshold such that your devoted participation is less necessary.  That point was likely breached a while back, as you and other significant members realized at much the same time.

Thank you for the guidance.  Bitcoin communities of the future will reflect on bitcointalk as the root of interaction, of course the garden cannot exist underground.

Cheers.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:05:16 PM

Sirs,

Your support makes me cry. If you would speak as nice words in the other threads, the trolls would be silenced also there, and this would be a better place in an instant. Try it!

The stuff I've been doing here is not really so difficult. The hardest and least satisfying part is to moderate the threads so that they are even remotely readable, which they are not, which in turn compels me to start new user-moderated threads all the time. It is a sorry thing that the forum management cares so little of its most valuable members (and everybody, as a result).

Then there is the issue of dozens of requests to the Other Place (we call bitcointalk the same name there Wink ) I will have to take them one by one based on how much time I have, and we also let people in only few at the time, tryin to avoid the problems mentioned. So please be patient with the delay.

I am not abruptly leaving, I have a nice announcement coming any day from now..Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:17:52 PM

Risto, if you think that que IQ of the forum has dropped significantly, I can guarantee you that it will be much worse by next year!

Yes. It is pretty bad when the blond "air-head" BitChick realizes she is smarter than many of the posters on here.   Grin

Hey, the good news is that I feel pretty smart now!   Wink

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:17:05 AM

I would like to think that the ignorance-fest will ebb and flow, as I think we all know there are motivations for trolling this forum at this point in time (namely psychological "sky is falling" stuff to increase sell pressure)

I would also like to think that there can continue to be "cross pollination" between private forums and more open forums like this one. This forum will suffer if the worthwhile posters never return, and the private forums will suffer if they don't get a chance to pick new members from time to time.

So feel free to leave of course, but I echo the sentiment: please come back too, guys! I noticed TraderTimm has jumped ship while browsing, I thought our Press sub was quiet.  Cry

Sorry for the OT, but I almost exclusively read this thread, not post here. I have no technical analysis insights other than what I glean here after the fact.

Vires in numeris
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:54:57 AM

Risto is correct. Forum is full of idiots. Unfortunately I suspect I am high up on his idiots list. What I would say to that is that a shirt and a club blazer n tie, combined with restrained mannerisms don't a smart man make. I have had a few posts deleted from rpietila's 'quality' TA thread, which would be fair enough if only quality TA posts were allowed, but the entire thread is packed to the brim with much total nonsense as opposed to being composed of strictly 'quality TA', with much of the nonsense coming from rpietila himself.

I registered here in April 2013, and back then, I don't remember it being a whole lot different to be honest. Just as full of idiots being hugely rewarded for their idiocy causing them to think they were smart, tempered by the bitter lemons who had missed the bus and were willing the destruction of BTC in order to bring everyone else who had gotten way ahead of them back down to their level. In fact, I seem to remember many of the characters back then being more grotesque than those who are frequenting here today, but that could have a lot to do with what phase in the Bitcoin cycle we are presently in. The regular Bull-tards here today might attempt hubris, but it just isn't possible for their hearts to be in it like they were before.

There were as few people who I would have actually listened to back then as there are today. Someone who earnestly and exhaustively compiles a large post with graphs with lines drawn on them, but with his whole premises being based on some very shaky ground, is just as worthless as JimboToronto's mindless Bitcoin 2 da Moon drum beating or Igorr constantly telling us that Bitcoin will be worth 50p by the time the year is out........BitcoinSteve on the otherhand, now he raised a few eyebrows.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
creekbore

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:39:04 AM

But Risto! that would be like abandoning the internets because it is full of adverts, malware, and spam SEO sites Wink

Stick it out, filter the noise, it  is what it is, and what you make of it x

I don't necessarily agree with what people say, but I find it imperative that I read their points of view so I can better understand and challenge my own.

+1 to a significant power

"Markets always move in the direction to hurt the most investors." AnonyMint
"Market depth is meaningless" AdamstgBit
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:04:08 AM

Risto is correct. Forum is full of idiots. Unfortunately I suspect I am high up on his idiots list. What I would say to that is that a shirt and a club blazer n tie, combined with restrained mannerisms don't a smart man make. I have had a few posts deleted from rpietila's 'quality' TA thread, which would be fair enough if only quality TA posts were allowed, but the entire thread is packed to the brim with much total nonsense as opposed to being composed of strictly 'quality TA', with much of the nonsense coming from rpietila himself.

I registered here in April 2013, and back then, I don't remember it being a whole lot different to be honest. Just as full of idiots being hugely rewarded for their idiocy causing them to think they were smart, tempered by the bitter lemons who had missed the bus and were willing the destruction of BTC in order to bring everyone else who had gotten way ahead of them back down to their level. In fact, I seem to remember many of the characters back then being more grotesque than those who are frequenting here today, but that could have a lot to do with what phase in the Bitcoin cycle we are presently in. The regular Bull-tards here today might attempt hubris, but it just isn't possible for their hearts to be in it like they were before.

There were as few people who I would have actually listened to back then as there are today. Someone who earnestly and exhaustively compiles a large post with graphs with lines drawn on them, but with his whole premises being based on some very shaky ground, is just as worthless as JimboToronto's mindless Bitcoin 2 da Moon drum beating or Igorr constantly telling us that Bitcoin will be worth 50p by the time the year is out........BitcoinSteve on the otherhand, now he raised a few eyebrows.

Lots of new usernames now... yes its painful but its also good.  Please remember to be as respectful as humanly possible to our newbies...

ibuyltc

Activity: 149

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:47:19 AM

As a silent lurker in this thread, your forcing my hand to post lol.  

Most of us lurkers are probably (hopefully?) thinking the same thing "Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt".  At least for me, I don't contribute because I am not nearly at the level of quality this thread deserves when actual discussion is going on.  Obviously since this is Rpietila's thread, he is free to delete what he wants but if you wish to avoid that, then there is a short list of 5 things to be aware of, aka "Read before Posting" https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400235.msg4331689#msg4331689

There are lots of trolls, the community as a whole is failing to combat it.  We should pitch in, and probably its something that would need to be done if this forum is to be saved.

If you decide to go, we will definitely miss one of the bigger contributors to this scene.  The SSS post changed my view on bitcoin and is what made me stay and read the Economics section regularly.  Ive seen it posted and cited regularly on reddit.com, so its more than just bitcointalk.org you have influenced as you are impacting the mainstream users and future bitcoin hodlers!
barbs

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:16:25 AM

Sirs,

Your support makes me cry. If you would speak as nice words in the other threads, the trolls would be silenced also there, and this would be a better place in an instant. Try it!

The stuff I've been doing here is not really so difficult. The hardest and least satisfying part is to moderate the threads so that they are even remotely readable, which they are not, which in turn compels me to start new user-moderated threads all the time. It is a sorry thing that the forum management cares so little of its most valuable members (and everybody, as a result).

Then there is the issue of dozens of requests to the Other Place (we call bitcointalk the same name there Wink ) I will have to take them one by one based on how much time I have, and we also let people in only few at the time, tryin to avoid the problems mentioned. So please be patient with the delay.

I am not abruptly leaving, I have a nice announcement coming any day from now..Smiley

I've changed my opinion about you personally having thought you were a devious whale before, but just chiming in that I do value your posts.
michaelGedi

Activity: 364

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:46:36 AM

perhaps we should start spamming the "report to moderator" button until the forum is purged of the most extreme of the nonsense.

I do believe it is the speculation sub forum that has the worst of it, but I don't spend much time anywhere else so I can't say for sure. And yes I do agree it is particularly bad, but that is I believe somewhat due to those with some experience knowing that this is "down time" post bubble pop and not obsessing over the day to day price movements as much...

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
doctor877

Activity: 896
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 11:19:49 PM

How likely you think that the "final capitulation", will happen as last hope of getting coins out of Mt.Gox vanishes and how low you now think we can go?
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:23:03 AM

Despite the drama on Gox, the chart is still following the natural conditions of a correction. as I noted earlier on the forum, the wave four of an EW progression must bottom within the price range of the previous fourth wave of lower fractal. this means that Gox will not pass $46. mark my words, if the bitcoins are still in the exchange and subject to withdrawal. The forces inside information/logic will overcome the panic before $46.

isov

Activity: 155

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:11:08 AM

So what do you all wise men think, how bad is it looking now? Seems like Stamp bottomed 530 for the third time now. Is this something we can see as a positive thing? Triple bottom at 530? Atleast it looks like the charts have really been glowing red for some weeks now so maybe we can start hoping for a better tomorrow soon? I guess Gox is starting to be irrelevant and we might be able to move on soon?
rair

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:25:01 AM

Risto, this is quite unfortunate. I've been a long time lurker and am spending large amount of time soaking up previous threads. Everyday I look forward to seeing posts from few people like yourself as it ends up being TILs. I've no opposition to heavy handed moderation as long as you let me and fellow lurkers the privileges to read. Thank you for your contributions.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:57:53 AM

So what do you all wise men think, how bad is it looking now? Seems like Stamp bottomed 530 for the third time now. Is this something we can see as a positive thing? Triple bottom at 530? Atleast it looks like the charts have really been glowing red for some weeks now so maybe we can start hoping for a better tomorrow soon? I guess Gox is starting to be irrelevant and we might be able to move on soon?

the bottom we are looking for will come slowly and miserably over days if not weeks. we are only hours into a fresh medium term down trend, give it some time, it will likely pass through 500 and into 450. the squeeze has only just begun, 600 was not desperate territory. 500 is getting serious. only between 200-400 will the weak be relieved of their stash.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:40:10 AM

the bottom we are looking for will come slowly and miserably over days if not weeks. we are only hours into a fresh medium term down trend, give it some time, it will likely pass through 500 and into 450. the squeeze has only just begun, 600 was not desperate territory. 500 is getting serious. only between 200-400 will the weak be relieved of their stash.

+1

I recently got a phone call of the owner of about BTC300 who had grown so tired of this downtrend that he wanted to sell now to buy back at 300. I told him that if you are so afraid now, you can't make it to buy when it is 300, so better not sell. He had owned through the 2013 bust no problem but this was getting too hard.

200 to 400 is a double, which is the same as 400 is to 800. Because BTCe and Gox have seen 200 (or almost 100), there is the symmetry that Bitstamp also see it momentarily (not necessarily happening but I wish). But the street price or any longer term price, I feel the bottom is not far from 400.

maybe we can start hoping for a better tomorrow soon? I guess Gox is starting to be irrelevant and we might be able to move on soon?

To move on, someone must start buying. Who? Me? I haven't even really started buying at these low prices, why would I start buying higher?

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
isov

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:51:05 AM

Damn, I wish it would then happen already so we could get over with it and maybe at some point start seeing some uptrend. It's so depressing to see the price go down all the time. I mean don't get me wrong, I won't be selling no matter how low we go but this is just not good entertainment at all. Waiting for the better days that hopefully are still coming. Also I can imagine how pissed people who have something in Gox are. Unbelievable that Mark is not arrested already or something, this must fill the signs of a fraud or something because basicly he is just stealing peoples money AND btc.
F-bernanke

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:57:05 AM

I recently got a phone call of the owner of about BTC300 who had grown so tired of this downtrend that he wanted to sell now to buy back at 300. I told him that if you are so afraid now, you can't make it to buy when it is 300, so better not sell. He had owned through the 2013 bust no problem but this was getting too hard.

This is interesting, I also manage BTC funds for relatives, and they want to let go also these last few days. After some conversations they decided to hold. I think this is proof that the most weak hands are now out of the way, but I agree we can go deeper (we just hit the Daily SMA200).
isov

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:59:38 AM

+1

200 to 400 is a double, which is the same as 400 is to 800. Because BTCe and Gox have seen 200 (or almost 100), there is the symmetry that Bitstamp also see it momentarily (not necessarily happening but I wish). But the street price or any longer term price, I feel the bottom is not far from 400.

maybe we can start hoping for a better tomorrow soon? I guess Gox is starting to be irrelevant and we might be able to move on soon?

To move on, someone must start buying. Who? Me? I haven't even really started buying at these low prices, why would I start buying higher?

Would you be buying at some point anyway? I remember ypu said somewhere that you have already accumulated as many bitcoins as you feel like is neccessary. Do you have any speculation about events and/or news that would need to happen for the price to start going up? Or is it just slowly going down and then after laying low for awhile creeping up until a rally or something? Surely you don't think that we have already seen the all time ATH?
cosmofly

Activity: 532

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:05:22 AM

I personally think Bitcoin is dead as a speculative investment, and is moving towards being used as a currency for super geeks. We will never see $2000+ btc Cheesy

Big finance corporations like visa and mastercard or Goldman whatever  will create new crypto protocols and upgrade their banking system for super fast transfers, the mainstream will never adopt an open source like bitcoin, never.

This is my opinion and hope u respect it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: