Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:21:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052964 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Coinler

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:46:59 AM

made an order at noblemarketplace 5 days ago. would be good if i could get some support on the issue? any reason why it's taking so long?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pikuchato

Activity: 728

Activity: yes

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:19:01 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 11:00:33 PM by pikuchato

Since most of the activity is in the IRC channel, I will post here a summery of the conversations once in a while.

First summery is coming in few hours, stay tuned !

EDIT: might be postponed for tomorrow Smiley
voephilis

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:13:53 PM

Since most of the activity is in the IRC channel, I will post here a summery of the conversations once in a while.

First summery is coming in few hours, stay tuned !

Thank you! Great idea, as most of the noble guys don`t have the time to join IRC  Undecided
Coinler

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:45:32 PM

made an order at noblemarketplace 5 days ago. would be good if i could get some support on the issue? any reason why it's taking so long?

some customer service would be appreciated thank you very much rofo
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:48:32 PM

Did you try IRC / pm? Normally he responds pretty fast.
Coinler

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:55:46 PM

yep i did, days ago.. and today.. no response whatsoever on irc or here on the forum via pm. allow me to voice my dissatisfaction with the marketplace efficiency.

when i ordered it said the items were in stock. or else i wouldnt have ordered. the noblemovement website  "contact" link is also not working as it appears and send me to a not found page. so i am unable to obtain support through any medium it appears. i shall have no choice but to reflect this in my review of the service via the coinpayments feedback system.
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:40:44 AM

Rofo does happen to have a life outside of crypto, and I believe he has work tying him up. He has to take a breather now and then while pretty much staying on top of things 24/7 through out last 6 months. He will be back in hours to take care of anything, just like before.
glavos

Activity: 547

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:03:44 AM

what you think about Proof-of-Stake-Velocity= Proof of Stake - Proof of transaction hybrid for noblecoin.

http://coinjoint.info/reddcoin-will-move-new-proof-stake-velocity-posv-algorithm/
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 01:08:37 AM

yep i did, days ago.. and today.. no response whatsoever on irc or here on the forum via pm. allow me to voice my dissatisfaction with the marketplace efficiency.

when i ordered it said the items were in stock. or else i wouldnt have ordered. the noblemovement website  "contact" link is also not working as it appears and send me to a not found page. so i am unable to obtain support through any medium it appears. i shall have no choice but to reflect this in my review of the service via the coinpayments feedback system.

Understandable and I apologise for what it's worth. I am sending them all out today, after just getting home from travel. I'll be adding bonuses for the delays.

Coinler

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:44:20 AM

Understandable and I apologise for what it's worth. I am sending them all out today, after just getting home from travel. I'll be adding bonuses for the delays.

thanks for the reply Rofo. i have always given positive reviews for my purchases and will continue to do so on account of good customer service. however the marketplace efficiency does worry me and i'd hope that noble will aim to improve and mitigate the reasons for delays or inconsistencies on that end.

i havent been able to keep up with all noble activity but i wish you success in the POS transition. and will continue to recommend Noble and it's services to friends.

Best Regards,
Coinler
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:50:16 AM

price sucks now Sad

yolo
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 06:25:00 AM

Something to consider for the PoS: avoiding wallet bloat & slowdowns.

I've been running a few staking wallets, and when stake happens often, which is typically for blockchains with short block intervals like NOBL, it tends to bloat the wallet. At some point the CPU usage of a staking wallet becomes high, and the wallet becomes slow.

I've found this can be alleviated by merging back funds (send them to an exchange, and then back to your wallet), but it would be nice if the staking didn't always divide outputs, but sometimes also merged them back to keep things under control more automatically.

I've noticed that with pinkcoin, cryptcoin, mammothcoin, etc. where I didn't have much funds in the staking wallets, but the wallet.dat is already at 3 MB after about a month, most of it from staking transactions with minuscule value, and cpu usage averages 30%.

By comparison on PoW coins, current noble or darkcoin wallets CPU usage rarely goes above 5%, and is often near 0%.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4897

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:16:27 PM

What about a second staking only wallet? Auto splits for max stake and monitors and adjusts itself for max stake for those of us that will only use it to stake? Should be lighter.

I see no reason not to have multiple wallets for various tasks and that will lower headroom at a guess. I would leave it running on my miner.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 12:17:36 PM

I've found this can be alleviated by merging back funds (send them to an exchange, and then back to your wallet), but it would be nice if the staking didn't always divide outputs, but sometimes also merged them back to keep things under control more automatically.

thats the way Diamond DMD POS is working
big coin pile split in 2 smaller pile+pos rewards at minting
small coin pile group together and mint together and once succesfull minting they stored as a single pile+pos rewards

this way we auto regulate the average size of a coin pile which will be around 100 diamonds

its open source noble could borrow that code part from diamond and avoid the mistake of lot other POS coins who only split coin pile but never merge
so after some time special at the big coin amount coins u have endless small coin pile

force people fix such stuff manually with coin control is a lazy solution
a good wallet should take care of it by right designed pos mechanics

as lot people know pos coins are way more vulnerable to non dev or copycoder dev issues
u have to know how pos work to be able adapt the setting to fit for ur coin
(copy dmd pos code not helping if ya dont adapt the numbers..........billions of coin need to be set to average pile size of like 10000 at least maybe even 100000 (testnet helps select right values))

also a well though trough checkpoint system is required to avoid fork issues

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:42:57 PM

Any IRC update? For those of us who are not able to be on it? Any timeline yet?
pikuchato

Activity: 728

Activity: yes

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:09:16 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 03:35:55 PM by pikuchato

Summery of recent information about NobleCoin:

This summery is based on #NobleCoin IRC channel.
Come and join the discussions!
http://webchat.freenode.net (#NobleCoin) , It is very active  Wink

- Recently noble team has grown bigger, All team members (new and old) are listed in here:
https://www.noblemovement.com/ambassadors/

- Major fork is ahead, new ideas and new technical specifications will take place soon.
All future fork plans are updated (daily) in here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yK5EyTipx9fwiJGfCTojHkD-vMp-p0NpDGG6UsXSEjU/edit#

[..]
<presstab> alright I think I am going to test out the daemon running PoS between two nodes today
<presstab> private fork
<presstab> see how it goes
<davidlatapie> presstab: do you plan to implement HBN's multiwallet? For accounting purposes, it would be great
<davidlatapie> I am starting an long explanation about PoS. It is collaborative, come and join!
[...]
<davidlatapie> Please everyone who is wondering what is PoS, how it will work for NOBL, what should I do, is PoS a bad idea... please come to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yK5EyTipx9fwiJGfCTojHkD-vMp-p0NpDGG6UsXSEjU/edit# and either edit or ask question with comment (Insert/Comment)
[..]
<presstab> the document is being written
<presstab> there is no reason to think it is final
<presstab> it will be made professional

[..]

-Some explanations about the POS rate:

[..]
<em> Rofo: what is this about 175 percent interest?
<@Rofo> at this point it will likely be much lower than that, id also advise reading up on the doc on the thread and the real #s that would be added new supply daily
<@Rofo> however because noone seems to be understanding real %s/security and actual #s we will be reducing it rather than try to educate on the thread
[..]
<@davidlatapie> Rofo: if you reduced the interest too much, you will lose a lot of interested people for the high-pos crowd (read = newcomers). Everything below 100% (or even 125, since the 100% region is already quite well populated will probably be a fail, IMHO.
<myeagleflies> Rofo: I second what David said. after reading a bit on high PoS and thinking about it seems to me 170% is reasonable.
<james6546> +1
<presstab> discussions with tranz and rofo and encouragin lower inflation
<presstab> like i said all of the numbers are still theoretical
<presstab> we need to make sure to put noble on the long term path to success
[..]
<em> If we assume everyone getting 175 percent interest sells what they gain in interest, that's going to require a huge amount of buying in order to keep the price from going down.
<em> We need long run path to success.
<presstab> i totally agree
<presstab> i thnk nobl  has potential to be in the top 10 coins 5 years from now
<@davidlatapie> em: presstab already has several antiinflation systems in the code (dynamic inflation and max subsidy). So far, I think the biggest issue is human-related: the numbers scares people, irrespective of the builtin securities
<em> It needs a very well written explanation and an "Answers to Anticipated Questions"
<em> When I first see 175 percent interest, i am shocked.
<em> My first reaction is that there will be more Noble coins than protons in the universe.
<presstab> high interest, but the inflation is designed to be controlled by the maximum stake subsidy parameter
<presstab> but we will probably dial both of those back
[..]

- Some teasers Wink

[..]
<Rofo> i might be able to be much more open next week
<Rofo> there has been something in the works that ive had to keep quiet about but perhaps not for much longer, though no promises
[..]
<cryptobum_> hows work coming along??? the google doc lookin good!!
<Pikuchato> I follow the google doc as well , you guys are serious Tongue
<Pikuchato> I'll be happy to know as well, hows work coming along???
<Rofo_> hoping presstab can answer that this week, its looking good so far, also getting some great input and QC from tranz
<Rofo_> i have a very important meeting on tuesday related to cryptocurrency and indirectly noble
<Rofo_> im hoping i have some (literally) mindblowing news i can release this week or next
<Pikuchato> awesome Smiley thank you
[..]

- David is playing around and causing a panic buy

[..]
<@davidlatapie> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678849.0
<Rofo_> ahhh nice
<Rofo_> gl Tongue
<Rofo_> is he testing some of the noble fork stuff in there?
<Rofo_> test of the PoW>PoS?
<Rofo_> up 431% lol
<Rofo_> good old takeovers
<myeagleflies> davidlatapie: interesting Wink
<myeagleflies> it looks like hostile takeover
<myeagleflies> corporate world in alt coins Wink
<Rofo_> kind of, just a fork though with original still maintained and you guys will request HYP on bittrex seperate yeah?
[..]
<@davidlatapie> Rofo_: HYP is a fork launch, unrelated to NOBL state of affair. But we plan to test some later (not only for NOBL but also for HBN, CAP, TEK, PHS, GRW...). But some NOBL features are being tested here I think (like presstab's code for inflation control). Don't quote me on this, though, ask presstab
<Rofo_> no dramas
<@davidlatapie> myeagleflies: not a hostile takeover. Not even a takeover, since TRK will continu to exist
<@davidlatapie> Rofo_: yeah, we will request on Bittrex, allcoins and others.
<cryptobum_> well u made trk go up 500%!!!!
[..]
<Pikuchato> davidlatapie why not a noble fork instead? Tongue
<Pikuchato> we could all participate
<cryptobum> that wld v been fun
<cryptobum> with some insane rate of interest lol
<cryptobum> 1000%+
<@davidlatapie> Pikuchato: well, presstab wanted to play with a promising-but-dead coin. The fork launch will probably be bad for TRK, you don't want this for NOBL
<@davidlatapie> The 750% will not be as high as you think because we have implemented some inflation control
[..]
<@davidlatapie> CrazyLoaf: HYP will also act as a sandbox for NOBL. What work with HYP may go to NOBL

- Awesome community!

<KultusNagrand> hello all, hope everything is going smoothly, just thought I'd pop in and say Hi see if there was anything I could do <-- social media whore / marketer - radio host ( don't worry I am pushing already but is there anything specific you want me to focus on at this time ?)
<NorrisK> cool how much different skilled people noble attracted recently Cheesy
<KultusNagrand> oh I have been here since day 1 Smiley I was mining the first second the block was avail to public pools Cheesy
<NorrisK> cool Cheesy
[..]

- Things are moving...

<Boreiv> can you give us a rough update on the progress?
<Boreiv> just so we are informed
<presstab> yep I am going to do a hard fork that will be private
<presstab> going to setup a couple dedicated servers for it
<presstab> and anyone thats wants to participate in the testing is welcome
<presstab> i did a fork like this yesterday, helped me work out some of the kinks
<Boreiv> ok so still testing phase
<Boreiv> don't want to confuse anyone into thinking it's hardfork done in secret

presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:37:42 PM

Great summary of the IRC logs. One more update from me. I have heard and taken into careful consideration the suggestions from Tranz concerning my fork code. Everything looks good so far. I will have to admit that HYP has taken a bit more time than I wanted it to, but trust me it was a very valuable learning experience that will help the NOBL fork be all the more smooth. Now I know exactly how to create the fork, how to version the clients to only accept nodes from the newest build, and most importantly not to give out prebuilds to the general public, this creates way too much confusion and is actually being used as an intentional FUD campaign right now by a certain member!

I am in the progress of setting of two dedicated servers that will assist in the forking of NOBL.  They will essentially be the sure way for everyone to connect to the new network consistently.

This will be exciting stuff!  But please do realize that I plan on this fork being much more methodical than the TRK->HYP fork.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:55:42 PM

is there any way to have coin control in the new wallet to have some sort of automatic way to split blocks into the 100,000 NOBL size??

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 03:56:41 PM

Great summary of the IRC logs. One more update from me. I have heard and taken into careful consideration the suggestions from Tranz concerning my fork code.
What about the PoS transaction bloat? (see previous posts by me and cryptonit)

Given the long term considerations, it's important to avoid that with NOBL, I've got staking wallets on other cryptos that are already lumbering after just one month of staking.

presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:06:16 PM

is there any way to have coin control in the new wallet to have some sort of automatic way to split blocks into the 100,000 NOBL size??

This is something I can look into for sure.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Pages: « 1 ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: