Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:31:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 [401] 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052964 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:07:57 PM

Great summary of the IRC logs. One more update from me. I have heard and taken into careful consideration the suggestions from Tranz concerning my fork code.
What about the PoS transaction bloat? (see previous posts by me and cryptonit)

Given the long term considerations, it's important to avoid that with NOBL, I've got staking wallets on other cryptos that are already lumbering after just one month of staking.

I can look into it. I think BC (should I be mentioning BC in a NOBL thread?) might have worked out some code where the PoS blocks don't split.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:05:31 PM

Great summary of the IRC logs. One more update from me. I have heard and taken into careful consideration the suggestions from Tranz concerning my fork code.
What about the PoS transaction bloat? (see previous posts by me and cryptonit)

Given the long term considerations, it's important to avoid that with NOBL, I've got staking wallets on other cryptos that are already lumbering after just one month of staking.

I can look into it. I think BC (should I be mentioning BC in a NOBL thread?) might have worked out some code where the PoS blocks don't split.

What about a second staking only wallet? Auto splits for max stake and monitors and adjusts itself for max stake for those of us that will only use it to stake? Should be lighter.

I see no reason not to have multiple wallets for various tasks and that will lower headroom at a guess. I would leave it running on my miner.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
murkster

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 09:15:40 AM

Could Noble be tied to a commodity?  Just a thought watching UROCoin take off.

Something everyone needs yet is overlooked?

Also still think business on the blockchain may be of interest...

Random suggestions.... Smiley

~NOBLE: 9nob1eN1GAte3sbZsfPDkw74JDxT2hbXRo ~
a3tje

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:38:16 PM

Could Noble be tied to a commodity?  Just a thought watching UROCoin take off.

Something everyone needs yet is overlooked?

Also still think business on the blockchain may be of interest...

Random suggestions.... Smiley
This has not been overlooked however it is not possible to simply state that URO is tied to Urea... IFFFF they indeed have signed contracts with suppliers of Urea, that means they (URO) had / has to give back something. In my opinion that can only mean that they either have given them a large stack of URO or they have made deals with the "cheapselling" Urea dealers (as they are located in India seems it is cheap so they would benefit from a rise in price). ps the idea of Uro is to create a trading platform for Urea (if i'm correct)

Anyway simply said that means that either a company has a LARGE stack or had insight in plans, therefore there isn't a fair distribution OR it is only working for the company's based in India and other Urea company's won't work with them.

So either way, it's very difficult and tricky to tie it to a commodity.

Edit, an example that tried to give a coin real value was the launch of Auroracoin, they made claims it would be given to all the people of Iceland, but we are still waiting for seeing them implemented / executed.

NOBLECOIN - 9fvwjckaumnb6jMXtBsE3tdtsN3V5SLBU1
Coinler

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 06:02:06 PM

@Rofo

still waiting for my orders to be fullfilled. $150 in gc are still outstanding. i was planning on getting a couple more but i dont know anymore.
murkster

Activity: 196

CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 08:51:37 PM

This has not been overlooked however it is not possible to simply state that URO is tied to Urea... IFFFF they indeed have signed contracts with suppliers of Urea, that means they (URO) had / has to give back something. In my opinion that can only mean that they either have given them a large stack of URO or they have made deals with the "cheapselling" Urea dealers (as they are located in India seems it is cheap so they would benefit from a rise in price). ps the idea of Uro is to create a trading platform for Urea (if i'm correct)

Anyway simply said that means that either a company has a LARGE stack or had insight in plans, therefore there isn't a fair distribution OR it is only working for the company's based in India and other Urea company's won't work with them.

So either way, it's very difficult and tricky to tie it to a commodity.

Edit, an example that tried to give a coin real value was the launch of Auroracoin, they made claims it would be given to all the people of Iceland, but we are still waiting for seeing them implemented / executed.

Thanks for reply.

Something tangible is what I am getting at. ( I know the bullion option is there.) Guess I'm thinking gimmick, and that IS NOT what Noble represents..

Am off the opinion URO is going to upset a few people no surprise there.... Sad

Thoughts on the business in the blockchain anyone.??  Would complement NobleCoin I believe.

~NOBLE: 9nob1eN1GAte3sbZsfPDkw74JDxT2hbXRo ~
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 09:18:23 PM

@Rofo

still waiting for my orders to be fullfilled. $150 in gc are still outstanding. i was planning on getting a couple more but i dont know anymore.

Imo this is very important to work at. I love the marketplace and its potential, but if Rofo does not have enough time to run it at the moment, it should be (temporarily) dealt with by someone else or have an order stop.

In case of Coinler, it is only causing confusing and doubt about the integrity of the marketplace, especially for new users who read this.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:35:25 PM

@Rofo

Imo this is very important to work at. I love the marketplace and its potential, but if Rofo does not have enough time to run it at the moment, it should be (temporarily) dealt with by someone else or have an order stop.

In case of Coinler, it is only causing confusing and doubt about the integrity of the marketplace, especially for new users who read this.

True, I have been converting my mining to btc and buying Noble for months now but I am about to stop I think.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 12:49:04 AM

I know the first batch got sent through but perhaps the bank locked the amount again (I often have to manually go in and approve orders because they look suspicious to them). Please allow me to send through the bonuses when it is all confirmed, or as always the amount of NOBL sent through can be immediately refunded.

Because of the amount of money involved, Mintpal deposit delays, bank delays and the high 18% deal having little effect on Noble promotion or price I will be reducing the deal only until the PoS (removing Mintpal delays) and next round of news is coming out. Once orders are all covered this week I will be temporarily suspending it until I can get my own finances in order to meet the 18% discounts.

Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:05:06 AM

I know the first batch got sent through but perhaps the bank locked the amount again (I often have to manually go in and approve orders because they look suspicious to them). Please allow me to send through the bonuses when it is all confirmed, or as always the amount of NOBL sent through can be immediately refunded.

Because of the amount of money involved, Mintpal deposit delays, bank delays and the high 18% deal having little effect on Noble promotion or price I will be reducing the deal only until the PoS (removing Mintpal delays) and next round of news is coming out. Once orders are all covered this week I will be temporarily suspending it until I can get my own finances in order to meet the 18% discounts.

Thanks Rofo, received my giftcards with the bonus. im good for another $100-$200 if it's good with you i will buy more noble now for purchase. let me know.. i just dont want to wait a whole week for them ;p
pikuchato

Activity: 728

Activity: yes

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:08:43 AM

Bump for new comers

Summery of recent information about NobleCoin:

This summery is based on #NobleCoin IRC channel.
Come and join the discussions!
http://webchat.freenode.net (#NobleCoin) , It is very active  Wink

- Recently noble team has grown bigger, All team members (new and old) are listed in here:
https://www.noblemovement.com/ambassadors/

- Major fork is ahead, new ideas and new technical specifications will take place soon.
All future fork plans are updated (daily) in here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yK5EyTipx9fwiJGfCTojHkD-vMp-p0NpDGG6UsXSEjU/edit#

[..]
<presstab> alright I think I am going to test out the daemon running PoS between two nodes today
<presstab> private fork
<presstab> see how it goes
<davidlatapie> presstab: do you plan to implement HBN's multiwallet? For accounting purposes, it would be great
<davidlatapie> I am starting an long explanation about PoS. It is collaborative, come and join!
[...]
<davidlatapie> Please everyone who is wondering what is PoS, how it will work for NOBL, what should I do, is PoS a bad idea... please come to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yK5EyTipx9fwiJGfCTojHkD-vMp-p0NpDGG6UsXSEjU/edit# and either edit or ask question with comment (Insert/Comment)
[..]
<presstab> the document is being written
<presstab> there is no reason to think it is final
<presstab> it will be made professional

[..]

-Some explanations about the POS rate:

[..]
<em> Rofo: what is this about 175 percent interest?
<@Rofo> at this point it will likely be much lower than that, id also advise reading up on the doc on the thread and the real #s that would be added new supply daily
<@Rofo> however because noone seems to be understanding real %s/security and actual #s we will be reducing it rather than try to educate on the thread
[..]
<@davidlatapie> Rofo: if you reduced the interest too much, you will lose a lot of interested people for the high-pos crowd (read = newcomers). Everything below 100% (or even 125, since the 100% region is already quite well populated will probably be a fail, IMHO.
<myeagleflies> Rofo: I second what David said. after reading a bit on high PoS and thinking about it seems to me 170% is reasonable.
<james6546> +1
<presstab> discussions with tranz and rofo and encouragin lower inflation
<presstab> like i said all of the numbers are still theoretical
<presstab> we need to make sure to put noble on the long term path to success
[..]
<em> If we assume everyone getting 175 percent interest sells what they gain in interest, that's going to require a huge amount of buying in order to keep the price from going down.
<em> We need long run path to success.
<presstab> i totally agree
<presstab> i thnk nobl  has potential to be in the top 10 coins 5 years from now
<@davidlatapie> em: presstab already has several antiinflation systems in the code (dynamic inflation and max subsidy). So far, I think the biggest issue is human-related: the numbers scares people, irrespective of the builtin securities
<em> It needs a very well written explanation and an "Answers to Anticipated Questions"
<em> When I first see 175 percent interest, i am shocked.
<em> My first reaction is that there will be more Noble coins than protons in the universe.
<presstab> high interest, but the inflation is designed to be controlled by the maximum stake subsidy parameter
<presstab> but we will probably dial both of those back
[..]

- Some teasers Wink

[..]
<Rofo> i might be able to be much more open next week
<Rofo> there has been something in the works that ive had to keep quiet about but perhaps not for much longer, though no promises
[..]
<cryptobum_> hows work coming along??? the google doc lookin good!!
<Pikuchato> I follow the google doc as well , you guys are serious Tongue
<Pikuchato> I'll be happy to know as well, hows work coming along???
<Rofo_> hoping presstab can answer that this week, its looking good so far, also getting some great input and QC from tranz
<Rofo_> i have a very important meeting on tuesday related to cryptocurrency and indirectly noble
<Rofo_> im hoping i have some (literally) mindblowing news i can release this week or next
<Pikuchato> awesome Smiley thank you
[..]

- David is playing around and causing a panic buy

[..]
<@davidlatapie> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678849.0
<Rofo_> ahhh nice
<Rofo_> gl Tongue
<Rofo_> is he testing some of the noble fork stuff in there?
<Rofo_> test of the PoW>PoS?
<Rofo_> up 431% lol
<Rofo_> good old takeovers
<myeagleflies> davidlatapie: interesting Wink
<myeagleflies> it looks like hostile takeover
<myeagleflies> corporate world in alt coins Wink
<Rofo_> kind of, just a fork though with original still maintained and you guys will request HYP on bittrex seperate yeah?
[..]
<@davidlatapie> Rofo_: HYP is a fork launch, unrelated to NOBL state of affair. But we plan to test some later (not only for NOBL but also for HBN, CAP, TEK, PHS, GRW...). But some NOBL features are being tested here I think (like presstab's code for inflation control). Don't quote me on this, though, ask presstab
<Rofo_> no dramas
<@davidlatapie> myeagleflies: not a hostile takeover. Not even a takeover, since TRK will continu to exist
<@davidlatapie> Rofo_: yeah, we will request on Bittrex, allcoins and others.
<cryptobum_> well u made trk go up 500%!!!!
[..]
<Pikuchato> davidlatapie why not a noble fork instead? Tongue
<Pikuchato> we could all participate
<cryptobum> that wld v been fun
<cryptobum> with some insane rate of interest lol
<cryptobum> 1000%+
<@davidlatapie> Pikuchato: well, presstab wanted to play with a promising-but-dead coin. The fork launch will probably be bad for TRK, you don't want this for NOBL
<@davidlatapie> The 750% will not be as high as you think because we have implemented some inflation control
[..]
<@davidlatapie> CrazyLoaf: HYP will also act as a sandbox for NOBL. What work with HYP may go to NOBL

- Awesome community!

<KultusNagrand> hello all, hope everything is going smoothly, just thought I'd pop in and say Hi see if there was anything I could do <-- social media whore / marketer - radio host ( don't worry I am pushing already but is there anything specific you want me to focus on at this time ?)
<NorrisK> cool how much different skilled people noble attracted recently Cheesy
<KultusNagrand> oh I have been here since day 1 Smiley I was mining the first second the block was avail to public pools Cheesy
<NorrisK> cool Cheesy
[..]

- Things are moving...

<Boreiv> can you give us a rough update on the progress?
<Boreiv> just so we are informed
<presstab> yep I am going to do a hard fork that will be private
<presstab> going to setup a couple dedicated servers for it
<presstab> and anyone thats wants to participate in the testing is welcome
<presstab> i did a fork like this yesterday, helped me work out some of the kinks
<Boreiv> ok so still testing phase
<Boreiv> don't want to confuse anyone into thinking it's hardfork done in secret

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:59:42 PM

Stocked up on some noble, the news and PoS will be big Smiley
pikuchato

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:23:06 PM

Stocked up on some noble, the news and PoS will be big Smiley

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  Wink
baloy

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:03:22 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 12:15:27 AM by baloy

nice... just completed my NOBL purchase @ mintpal... price was @ 15...

Wink
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:41:44 AM

coins so cheap now ^_^

yolo
Anonz

Activity: 192

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:06:07 AM

coins so cheap now ^_^

I'll trade 5 PHC for 100 NOBLE.

Anonz want to remain Anonymous. It's up to those who follow along with us.  My favorite coins?  Magi, Bitcoin, and Darkcoin. Thread about XMG: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0 - Market of XMG: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-XMG - #Magi on Freenode IRC:  https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 07:16:03 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 07:27:34 AM by cryptonit

as someone who hold NOBL and stay investor here

u maybe also interested in my favorite coin in portfolio which had birthday today
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg7799098#msg7799098

just a few days ago i stocked up with a few million more NOBL just check my sig for coins im investor

not spread investment across a lot coins is bad practice

we not doing here a "hop or drop" game and set everything on one card

we aim for financial freedom and a very high possibility to achieve it

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
1Kb

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:39:25 AM

<Rofo> there has been something in the works that ive had to keep quiet about but perhaps not for much longer, though no promises.

Regarding what I am doing, this has had a set back in time planning due to the learning curve getting a VPS server with plesk while not familiar with all the differences between windows and this VPS:( I might need to decide what to do also due to real time constraints:(
*it should have been beta-live 2 weeks ago..... as my test environment is now already up and running for 6weeks+ it is annoying to have this setback. I'll post more details when got it running properly.
pikuchato

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:13:19 PM

Nice rearrangement of the main thread,

Waiting for the big boom  Wink
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:16:35 PM

Is there some way to contact charity mining pools. I looked for contact info on the pool site but didn't find any. Their payouts don't seem to be working.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
Pages: « 1 ... 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 [401] 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: