Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:20:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 [421] 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052960 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
spofas

Activity: 261
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 08:02:21 PM

I think we generally can't rely on PoS to be the magic savior of the Noble price. We need to get the word of Noble out, and provide buy support etc..

PoS will bring a temporary price raise, but I think we need to do more in order to sustain a higher price level and to get new people in. Our community is getting a bit small IMO...

I think the main way to achieve that (apart from promotion obviously) is through the market. A lot of people used the market when it was first launched; especially for the discount items bought with NOBL.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:43:20 AM

You have a strong community and a Great Dev , from what I have been reading in the forums,

Your only real problems have been the 51% attack, the delay to POS and the massive dumpers on Mintpal.
The Fact your coin is still here after all that shows it Strength.

I plan on buying into Noble, I see a bright future for it, but I am waiting for the POS to be started.
The reason , I only buy Active POS Coins , POW has no future except for a few coins IMO.
I think a lot of people are waiting , that why the dumpers are able to hit so hard at the moment.

But once the switch to POS is made , I look forward to be standing at walls with you to Repel all Dumpers and until Nobel Shines Brighter than was ever dreamed!!!

Until that Day.

Cool

I disagree on POS, I think POS has a limited future, people know if they didn't get in on the act before POS then they have lost out. Look at PND, they had a massive update over the weekend, price went down because new investors know people are just going to dump there stakes on them.

With that being said if your coin is a quality coin it really doesn't matter what your doing. POS/POW/2nd Gen it will succeed.

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 10:07:00 AM

With that being said if your coin is a quality coin it really doesn't matter what your doing. POS/POW/2nd Gen it will succeed.

Agreed.

I would like to get PoS sorted and then go into talks/longer-term serious consideration of DPoS and the practicalities/potential of going that route from our current code/position in 6-12 months.

I'll touch base with the developer who confirmed the PoS transition with me and double-check schedule as well as ask him if he is happy to be attributed to our project publicly (as an external but professional help - people working together). I'd like to work closer with him as I feel we have some projects that can benefit his coin also and he deserves all the recognition he gets.

In the meantime our Marketplace deals are back up to 15% and we are catching up with our NobleRoad fork now that OB is in phase one 1 beta.

Also, for the marketplace trolls (now that marketplaces are hot): https://twitter.com/NobleCoin/status/506353936366727169 <3

We still have other things in the works as always. We have not gone anywhere. Truth be told I'm putting my head down and working through the tough market because there's a lot of negativity being flung around (some perhaps understandable) and I can't soothe everyone all the time, only continue on our projects (some sensitive, some public).

james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:48:56 AM

Agreed.

I would like to get PoS sorted and then go into talks/longer-term serious consideration of DPoS and the practicalities/potential of going that route from our current code/position in 6-12 months.

I'll touch base with the developer who confirmed the PoS transition with me and double-check schedule as well as ask him if he is happy to be attributed to our project publicly (as an external but professional help - people working together). I'd like to work closer with him as I feel we have some projects that can benefit his coin also and he deserves all the recognition he gets.

In the meantime our Marketplace deals are back up to 15% and we are catching up with our NobleRoad fork now that OB is in phase one 1 beta.

Also, for the marketplace trolls (now that marketplaces are hot): https://twitter.com/NobleCoin/status/506353936366727169 <3

We still have other things in the works as always. We have not gone anywhere. Truth be told I'm putting my head down and working through the tough market because there's a lot of negativity being flung around (some perhaps understandable) and I can't soothe everyone all the time, only continue on our projects (some sensitive, some public).

Just keep working, people will understand some delay and quiet in return for awesomeness!

I'm not going to lie that I am not looking forward to the PoS change, but we can't rush these things.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:15:22 PM

What is DPos as opposed to Pos? What is the time schedule now for NOBL moving to Pos? surely not 6-12 months!!?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Zeraful

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:08:52 PM

http://blog.moolah.io/2014/09/01/mintpal-v2-tentative-market-listing/

Noble not on the list = removal if we don't act.

https://twitter.com/moolah_io/status/506469603372175360

Go tweet.
cycoinminer

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:00:07 PM

I was just about to post the same thing - seems you beat me to it.

Jason, maybe you want to get in touch with them personally to see that Noble survives on Mintpal when it changes over.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 11:38:16 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 02:46:03 AM by Rofo

Regarding PoS, I meant we are doing that now (as we are) and then look into evolving into DPoS if it gains traction and support after 6-12 months.

Regarding Moolah, the last time I personally spoke to Mintpal/Moolah they wanted approx. 130 million coins from us and us to hard fork to change specifications/protect them better (the VRC rollback/drama came not long after instead) or 'we wouldn't be worth their money listing any more'. That's why we aren't on that list - they're running their NOBL exchange on reserves. I imagine the ideal situation for them is for us to be dead or extremely cheap before they ask you to withdraw all the NOBL remaining on their exchange.

Don't you find it odd that some of the biggest p&d & 'scam coins' appear within 24 hours on the largest exchanges while it took us 4-6 months with constantly having to request/prove ourselves at risk of removal since? You wanted a coin that is 'scam-free/manipulative/whale/corrupt/p&d free', well this is what you get. Does anyone volunteer to fake volume or hire a p&d crew/Twitter promo. to get us attention for a week or two, because the second I initiate/organise that (it would come out) or give Moolah 130 million NOBL the backlash would be higher.

Most of the active #coinmarkets traders are big fans of NOBL and think we're 'as legit as all Hell'. The reason they don't trade us and because our volume is low? Not because we're 'shit', not because of any delay in PoS (though that will be a nice cover to garner some profit), not because we're dying (they actually think our current price is a damn shame). The reason is because we have no whales backing or manipulating us. We aren't traded as strongly because people know I'm not in bed with the half a dozen or so of the largest groups, they didn't create this coin and they aren't manipulating it to profit from for BTC. Now I know that's not the only reason, but it is a big one and a reflection of how things work right now.

Would you like me to change that and become the opposite of NOBL? It's definitely in my power (and I'd lie if I said I wasn't tempted almost every day to make another coin or two & fake everything so I'd be much richer instead of struggling short-term), but we're giving a coin that isn't meant to survive in this current state of alts (but will thrive if things change), but one that remains legitimate and accountable as if I were abiding by most laws.

If you believe this is all alts will ever be and don't like our current price or speed, I'm sorry but I just can't keep repeating myself every day to try and soothe things over (hence why I've gotten quieter). If you think we have a shot longer-term (and at risk of being labelled a bagholder) then hold on for a while and let us do our thing, maybe help out once in a while with a use-case or something that adds value.

Please, before you begin telling me I need to work harder or tell me to fix the price you need to understand I am. I need to wake up with some external progress and/or a thank you for sticking with NOBL for 8 months rather than negativity every day. I'm not a robot. Smiley

Times change, alts will change, and our price will change.

affan

Activity: 308

Create smart contracts without coding skills!

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 02:44:52 AM

Happy to see noblecoin still exist here   Cool

ALFATOKEN   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★   Sept, 29 - Oct, 29
voephilis

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:58:49 AM

the altcoin secene is still too young. everyone (moolah etc) wants to make big money with P&D coins. when devs see that it is hard work to build up a solid coin they will jump off. it`s only a question of time...
james6546

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:01:43 AM

the altcoin secene is still too young. everyone (moolah etc) wants to make big money with P&D coins. when devs see that it is hard work to build up a solid coin they will jump off. it`s only a question of time...

Yeah, screw mintpal! There are plenty of other exchanges. They will see their folly when they only list P&D coins.
cycoinminer

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:10:25 PM

Yeah, screw mintpal! There are plenty of other exchanges. They will see their folly when they only list P&D coins.

After reading about what Mintpal asked of Rofo (130m coins), I've just withdrawn almost everything I own from there.
I'll be using them as little as possible from now on.

Keep up the great work Rofo, I wish I knew how I could realistically help more.
james6546

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:12:46 PM

After reading about what Mintpal asked of Rofo (130m coins), I've just withdrawn almost everything I own from there.

+1. I guess the best help we can be at the moment is to try to think of ideas to promote Noble and try to keep things positive, I know that is what I am trying to do...
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:23:14 PM

Might be doing the same.. Not feeling like losing coins :s
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:55:22 PM

+1. I guess the best help we can be at the moment is to try to think of ideas to promote Noble and try to keep things positive, I know that is what I am trying to do...

I've only kept track of Noble sporadically, and have always like it... have a couple million coins tucked away.

I may be in the minority, but I've always viewed the marketplace as being much more notable than the coin itself. Using the coin as a marketing tool to get people to use the marketplace may work better than trying to get folks interested in the coin directly.

I also liked that old 'partner coin' idea, where by just holding Noble, investors get freebie coins of different flavors. I assume that idea has been put on the back-burner for now.

usmcgizmo

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:20:34 PM

You want a use case? I've been a die hard supporter since the inception of NOBL. NOBL has been my coin of choice for mining, that's it, since January. I mine with Poolerino and Lifeforce and had great success with them both. I've bought items from the NOBL market, I've used NOBL between friends to buy, sell, trade services and goods, I've made a long term investment in this coin. The BTC I acquire, I buy more NOBL. Why? .....because to me it's not just the coin, I'm investing in the developers and the community. That's a big deal to me. It builds confidence. I don't mine to dump, I mine to use. While the the price has dropped, I have wondered about my investment, but this community and the regular updates and transparency from developers like Rofo make me feel much better about where I stand. Keep up the good work guys and I appreciate your efforts to stand apart from every other alt coin.
ontopicplease

Activity: 778

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:35:03 PM

You want a use case? I've been a die hard supporter since the inception of NOBL. NOBL has been my coin of choice for mining, that's it, since January. I mine with Poolerino and Lifeforce and had great success with them both. I've bought items from the NOBL market, I've used NOBL between friends to buy, sell, trade services and goods, I've made a long term investment in this coin. The BTC I acquire, I buy more NOBL. Why? .....because to me it's not just the coin, I'm investing in the developers and the community. That's a big deal to me. It builds confidence. I don't mine to dump, I mine to use. While the the price has dropped, I have wondered about my investment, but this community and the regular updates and transparency from developers like Rofo make me feel much better about where I stand. Keep up the good work guys and I appreciate your efforts to stand apart from every other alt coin.

Very nice spoken, I am with you.
Also collecting and holding Noble. People think that the altcoinrewards are already given away, but it isn't even started. Some coins had a good start and some had a bad start. A lot of coins were scams and they will disappear. From all trustworthy coins we can not predict the future. But finally it's al about trust. To get mass adoption people have to trust the devs and that's where we are going to win. I keep buying al these cheap Nobles and I don't see any value in selling under a couple hundreds satoshis.
Backlash

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:48:32 PM

I've been a die hard supporter since the inception of NOBL. NOBL has been my coin of choice for mining, that's it, since January. I mine with Poolerino and Lifeforce and had great success with them both. I'm investing in the developers and the community. That's a big deal to me. It builds confidence. I don't mine to dump, I mine to use. While the the price has dropped, I have wondered about my investment, but this community and the regular updates and transparency from developers like Rofo make me feel much better about where I stand. Keep up the good work guys and I appreciate your efforts to stand apart from every other alt coin.
+1 Gizmo. I can vouch for you as I have been mining from the beginning also without dumping any (I still mine 24/7). It's interesting how similar our attitude/thoughts are towards Noble and Jason. I think the Noble community as a whole have similar views and that is one of our best assets.

Although it's uncomfortable watching the value of your investment diminishing 1 satoshi every few days, if we forget about the price for a short time and think about what Rofo (and the Noble community) are accomplishing it makes it all seem worth it again. IMO even IF we were to fail, it was still worth it because we did it the NOBLE way without cheating, stealing, scamming or screwing anyone over!

P&Ders will always get the recognition they don't deserve (thanks to human nature) in the short term, but if we outlast them then we have a great chance of long term success by slowly filtering to the top.

I think it's worth mentioning that I also support Dnotes. For those that don't know, they have a close community also and the developers work like Rofo.
They did a halving of mining supply a few months ago and the price went up from 250sat to over 1000. Is a halving something Noble should look at doing as a intermediate progression before POS?
LivsUA

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 11:37:41 PM

I've been a die hard supporter since the inception of NOBL. NOBL has been my coin of choice for mining, that's it, since January. I mine with Poolerino and Lifeforce and had great success with them both. I'm investing in the developers and the community. That's a big deal to me. It builds confidence. I don't mine to dump, I mine to use. While the the price has dropped, I have wondered about my investment, but this community and the regular updates and transparency from developers like Rofo make me feel much better about where I stand. Keep up the good work guys and I appreciate your efforts to stand apart from every other alt coin.
+1 Gizmo. I can vouch for you as I have been mining from the beginning also without dumping any (I still mine 24/7). It's interesting how similar our attitude/thoughts are towards Noble and Jason. I think the Noble community as a whole have similar views and that is one of our best assets.

Although it's uncomfortable watching the value of your investment diminishing 1 satoshi every few days, if we forget about the price for a short time and think about what Rofo (and the Noble community) are accomplishing it makes it all seem worth it again. IMO even IF we were to fail, it was still worth it because we did it the NOBLE way without cheating, stealing, scamming or screwing anyone over!

P&Ders will always get the recognition they don't deserve (thanks to human nature) in the short term, but if we outlast them then we have a great chance of long term success by slowly filtering to the top.

I think it's worth mentioning that I also support Dnotes. For those that don't know, they have a close community also and the developers work like Rofo.
They did a halving of mining supply a few months ago and the price went up from 250sat to over 1000. Is a halving something Noble should look at doing as a intermediate progression before POS?

+1.. I think NOBLE  is great "OLDSCHOOL" coin where everithing is on level. I mine some for few weeks and buy some.. Its great coin that needs more popularity Smiley

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 01:22:58 AM

Thanks guys.. I apologise if I sound too heated. We just don't really tow the line around here too much so it's a tough gig. Sometimes someone has to say it as it is, and for now that's us. I believe staying true and working hard pays off in the long run, but that can be hard to believe around here I admit. I'm going to be doing some more updates on the marketplace and Road github, but that doesn't mean we're not sorting some PoS issues out on the low. It will come.

Pages: « 1 ... 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 [421] 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: