Bitcoin Forum
August 26, 2024, 04:15:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1053042 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:57:35 AM

+1. I guess the best help we can be at the moment is to try to think of ideas to promote Noble and try to keep things positive, I know that is what I am trying to do...

If anyone would like to chime in/have an idea they want to start remember we're more than happy to fund it out of the reserves ourselves. We just can't be on top of everything all the time, so any time someone has an idea they'd like to push we love 'funding' it with NOBL. Smiley

I may be in the minority, but I've always viewed the marketplace as being much more notable than the coin itself. Using the coin as a marketing tool to get people to use the marketplace may work better than trying to get folks interested in the coin directly.

I agree, it gives us a good edge w/ real world use and something that makes us worth actually using. marketplace.noblemovement.com is always there. There are actually a lot more things these days you can buy with BTC, and we're transferring them all over @ 15% discount. Coinbase/BTC started promoting % discounts to promote real-world use a couple of months back, but we're still way ahead of them on that department in terms of amount and longevity.

I also liked that old 'partner coin' idea, where by just holding Noble, investors get freebie coins of different flavors. I assume that idea has been put on the back-burner for now.

Still coming. It's not right doing any sort of IPO or second partner coin until NOBL is a success (in before never jokes), as we'd like it to look like we're strengthening NOBL rather than leaving it.

It wouldn't make sense to do the partner coin stuff until Noble is POS and all settled down. As for a success ... basically to me a success would be if the price was simply stable. Even we are just talking about lowish double digit sats, if the marketplace is active, I'd still call it a success. The main thing you want to stop is the slow bleeding.

The partner coin stuff would logically also increase the value of Noble, as folks would buy it to get the freebie coins... and current investors would hold, for the same reason. Although the idea would be to strengthen Noble, in reality, I would expect many partner coins to have a higher valuation. Fair or not... just the way it is with new coins, especially new coins with some of the fancier features.

I recall another idea discussed a while ago, which I mentioned in your forums ages ago, of creating a rewards type program/market discount based on coin held. A couple of coins are already doing this, Greenbacks for one, and Qibucks. The latter for dividends rather than market rewards. No idea how well it'll work, as it sort of relies on a price being stable to even make sense, but it's another thing to try. Unlike other coins, you already have the marketplace, so there is a decent chance a lot of Noble would be taken off the exchanges if you offered a rewards program for holding in your wallet.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:23:40 AM

+1. I guess the best help we can be at the moment is to try to think of ideas to promote Noble and try to keep things positive, I know that is what I am trying to do...

If anyone would like to chime in/have an idea they want to start remember we're more than happy to fund it out of the reserves ourselves. We just can't be on top of everything all the time, so any time someone has an idea they'd like to push we love 'funding' it with NOBL. Smiley

I may be in the minority, but I've always viewed the marketplace as being much more notable than the coin itself. Using the coin as a marketing tool to get people to use the marketplace may work better than trying to get folks interested in the coin directly.

I agree, it gives us a good edge w/ real world use and something that makes us worth actually using. marketplace.noblemovement.com is always there. There are actually a lot more things these days you can buy with BTC, and we're transferring them all over @ 15% discount. Coinbase/BTC started promoting % discounts to promote real-world use a couple of months back, but we're still way ahead of them on that department in terms of amount and longevity.

I also liked that old 'partner coin' idea, where by just holding Noble, investors get freebie coins of different flavors. I assume that idea has been put on the back-burner for now.

Still coming. It's not right doing any sort of IPO or second partner coin until NOBL is a success (in before never jokes), as we'd like it to look like we're strengthening NOBL rather than leaving it.

I recall another idea discussed a while ago, which I mentioned in your forums ages ago, of creating a rewards type program/market discount based on coin held. A couple of coins are already doing this, Greenbacks for one, and Qibucks. The latter for dividends rather than market rewards. No idea how well it'll work, as it sort of relies on a price being stable to even make sense, but it's another thing to try. Unlike other coins, you already have the marketplace, so there is a decent chance a lot of Noble would be taken off the exchanges if you offered a rewards program for holding in your wallet.

You probably need to " link "  your wallet address to your marketplace account and then send a random number of noble to confirm it is your wallet (somewhere between 0.00000001 and 1 for example). You could give additional reduction (1% for every 10 mil noble held) or open up new items in the marketplace (like special offers, limited time 50% off for holders of over 25 mil noble). Same could go for staking, although im not sure if there is an easy method to determine wether a wallet is staking.

Also regarding staking, is it currently possible to stake without leaving your wallet unlocked? (eg. cold storage staking). This is my major concern with staking, as I'm reluctant to leave a wallet open when I'm not at my pc.
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 07:43:21 AM

Also regarding staking, is it currently possible to stake without leaving your wallet unlocked? (eg. cold storage staking). This is my major concern with staking, as I'm reluctant to leave a wallet open when I'm not at my pc.

Staking replaces mining, if wallets are not actively staking with enough funds, it's like if mining pools are not actively mining with enough hashrate, ie. it just leaves the blockchain vulnerable to forks and 51% attacks.

Also ideally to support the network, a staking wallet should probably be on a server with good 24/7 connectivity.

A problem that can happen when not enough wallets are staking with enough funds is that if a "whale" wallet comes online, it can basically stake on its own as the difficulty will be low, and if that wallet has poor/limited connectivity, fork the blockchain (it's no joke, I've had it happen to several PoS coins I'm hosting explorers for, and it's one of the reason why I added extra staking stats recently)

So I guess its important to have a significant incentive for having as many staking wallets as possible, ie. both a high staking interest (otherwise people won't bother staking) and a low maximum stake age (otherwise people won't bother leaving wallet open and staking).

ontopicplease

Activity: 778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:39:12 AM

We should look into some of the things other coins are doing like pandacoin's IRC lottery system to liven up the community.

I don't think we should go over to things like lottery. Maybe NLG should be some kind of example for us. Just make a solid coin ( which we have ), and then concentrate on acceptance, starting in a small area/ country and slowly just adding Merchants.
ctenc001

Activity: 910

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 11:19:41 AM

Would anyone be interested in a Proof of Action (PoA) campaign? I'll try and set one up if so.

What do you think a fair payout for the following actions are:

• Write a tweet containing #noblecoin:
  • Like the noblecoin facebook page
  • Create an account at http://www.noblemovement.com
  • Follow @noblecoin on twitter
  • Stay up to date. Read the latest press release (to be clear, this is my site Roll Eyes)
  • Do we have a news letter? Subscribe to news letter?
  • Like and comment on reddit thread
Given the current price, i'd say around 1000 nobl would be good.

There are some PoA websites out there that will verify actions on different social media websites that I'll try and use.

I doubt I could personally fund it for very long though, so it would take some community or Rofo intervention.

Noble's biggest problem is lack of buzz in social media. Maybe this will kickstart some conversations about it.
Thoughts?

james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:34:46 AM

Would anyone be interested in a Proof of Action (PoA) campaign? I'll try and set one up if so.

• Stay up to date. Read the latest press release (to be clear, this is my site Roll Eyes)

There are some PoA websites out there that will verify actions on different social media websites that I'll try and use.

I doubt I could personally fund it for very long though, so it would take some community or Rofo intervention.

Noble's biggest problem is lack of buzz in social media. Maybe this will kickstart some conversations about it.
Thoughts?

I think it is a great idea, if you want any help, let me know.

I think Rofo will help out with some funding, but if not I pledge 100k Noble.

Seeing as most of these items are once only actions I think we could be quite generous with the awards. Need to make it worth people's effort:

• Write a tweet containing #noblecoin: 1000 Noble
  • Like the noblecoin facebook page 2000 Noble
  • Create an account at http://www.noblemovement.com 1000 Noble
  • Follow @noblecoin on twitter 2000 Noble
  • Stay up to date. Read the latest press release (to be clear, this is my site Roll Eyes) 1000 Noble
  • Do we have a news letter? Subscribe to news letter?  Not yet I don't think
  • Like and comment on reddit thread 1500 Noble
ctenc001

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 11:55:01 AM

Thoughts?

Seeing as most of these items are once only actions I think we could be quite generous with the awards. Need to make it worth people's effort:

• Stay up to date. Read the latest press release (to be clear, this is my site Roll Eyes) 1000 Noble
I'll pledge 100k as well which is more than enough to get started! =)
I'll start trying to figure out how to set this up.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:11:18 PM

Thoughts?

There is also around 390k legt in the community fund that could be used for this
ctenc001

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 12:52:09 PM

Thoughts?

There is also around 390k legt in the community fund that could be used for this
I just set it up, however to get the contact information to pay out the users (email addresses), the website I had in mind apparently charges the hefty price of $39 a month.. Sounds a little steep for a free giveaway  Undecided
we'd have to sell off around 1.2M noble to pay for it for a month.

here's an example of what it would be like If it were working.
NOTE: I CAN NOT PAY YOU OUT IF YOU PERFORM ACTIONS
https://gleam.io/xH5oj/1000-noblecoin-for-each-completed-task

Anyone have an account already?
What are your thoughts?
james6546

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:59:08 PM

Looks good, but $39 a month is a lot. Is there not a cheaper/free version?!
ctenc001

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 01:01:19 PM

I'm googling around looking an alternative. Nothing yet.

It appears that if i get people to sign up using this referal link https://gleam.io/?via=15365
 and make a free campaign like I just did, I'll get $5 credit. If a few of you wanna make a couple fake campaigns, We may be able to get a fre emonth   Grin
Idk how noble that is though.. Roll Eyes

No word on how soon I can spend the credit or anything, so i assume its immediate.
james6546

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:22:49 PM

I'm googling around looking an alternative. Nothing yet.

It appears that if i get people to sign up using this referal link https://gleam.io/?via=15365
 and make a free campaign like I just did, I'll get $5 credit. If a few of you wanna make a couple fake campaigns, We may be able to get a fre emonth   Grin
Idk how noble that is though.. Roll Eyes

No word on how soon I can spend the credit or anything, so i assume its immediate.

I haven't found anything either, but this looks cool for a lottery:

http://www.rafflecopter.com/
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 5251

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:50:16 PM

http://www.overclock.net/t/1398219/official-bitcoin-litecoin-digitalcoin-and-all-crypto-currencies-club-and-general-information-thread/20710#post_22783909

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
marcoman22

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:56:08 PM

it is getting popular day by day and time will come it will be more adoptable.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:32:00 PM

Thoughts?

ill pledge 200,000 if/when you get this going

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
ctenc001

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 03:41:13 PM

Thoughts?

If you're up for it, use this link: https://gleam.io/?via=15365
Make a free account.
Create a free campaign.
According to their Account Faqs. Everytime I get a new account to sign up with that link, and they make their first campaign, I will get 5 Bucks credited to my account. So if 8 people do it, we will get a free month of service.

Alternatively, I may start coding my own version of it. It'll probably take a few weeks if i decide to do it though.
Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:21:27 PM

Thoughts?

Make a free account.
Create a free campaign.
According to their Account Faqs. Everytime I get a new account to sign up with that link, and they make their first campaign, I will get 5 Bucks credited to my account. So if 8 people do it, we will get a free month of service.

Alternatively, I may start coding my own version of it. It'll probably take a few weeks if i decide to do it though.
made an account and campaign, hope it worked. only takes a few mins and u can do it all with just an  email, actually it dont even verify yr email so it doesnt even have to be yours!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
ctenc001

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 04:27:14 PM

Thoughts?

Make a free account.
Create a free campaign.

made an account and campaign, hope it worked. only takes a few mins and u can do it all with just an  email, actually it dont even verify yr email so it doesnt even have to be yours!
Looks like it worked! Just 7 more
Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:28:56 PM

Thoughts?

Make a free account.
Create a free campaign.

just did another 1 on tor incase it checks ip's. let me know if these worked and can keep doing new 1's on tor!! Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:30:26 PM

fuck if this works, will take 15 mins or so to do all 8, maybe bit more if  wait for tor to change ip and we can get this free every month!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Pages: « 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: