Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:29:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232477 times)
jballs

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 05:20:15 AM

We were the 2nd biggest traded currency on CoinedUp today, with nearly 30BTC of volume, more than LTC/BTC, LOT and only second in volume to DOGE!

Here's our 10 day price chart since going on CoinedUp:

Remember to keep asking at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291647.0 if you want to trade VTC at Coinex.pw

Was penciling some numbers and noticed VTC is about 40th in market cap as of today. At a $1 anytime soon it will reach 30th by market cap. At $2 (assuming near term with supply consistent) it will rank 20th. But it has to hit $10 (or hold stable as supply increases) to make the top ten market cap. Only 6 coins currently have a market cap over $10. Excluding 42coin which is just a gimmick anyway.

More importantly DOGE mkt cap is 60 million. I know meme people are incredibly cultish and gullible but VTC should exceed that mkt cap by all reason.

I suspect VTC will join the $10 club faster than any coin has yet.

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nonny12

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:40:58 AM

Was penciling some numbers and noticed VTC is about 40th in market cap as of today. At a $1 anytime soon it will reach 30th by market cap. At $2 (assuming near term with supply consistent) it will rank 20th. But it has to hit $10 (or hold stable as supply increases) to make the top ten market cap. Only 6 coins currently have a market cap over $10. Excluding 42coin which is just a gimmick anyway.

More importantly DOGE mkt cap is 60 million. I know meme people are incredibly cultish and gullible but VTC should exceed that mkt cap by all reason.

I suspect VTC will join the $10 club faster than any coin has yet.

Also account for coin life in your 'back of the envelope' calculations here. Vertcoin will have a higher supply as the weeks past. Your original point stands that this coin is more valuable than current coins in the top 20.
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:10:20 AM

Breaking 0.0006 now - No-one will sell mr 10BTC any VTC!
Yep, that was me pushing it over 60000. I'm mining and buying. I had fun mining doge, but it's time to get real. This coin is important.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:21:21 AM

What would be the best rig setup to mine this coin?
jballs

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 08:33:52 AM

Breaking 0.0006 now - No-one will sell mr 10BTC any VTC!
Yep, that was me pushing it over 60000. I'm mining and buying. I had fun mining doge, but it's time to get real. This coin is important.

well that was me pushing it over 50 so thanks, and you're welcome. I'm all in VTC as of this morning and lucky timing as my btc would be getting hammered tonight. I see this altcoin kids run amok dragging litecoin down even, basically turning altcoins into a joke. It's fine, virtual world gets like that for awhile but each new clone altcoin dilutes supply of money in the altcoin economy and will drag them all down. Even bitcoin since they get sold to buy coinye crap. People are figuring it out though. VTC is the exception, I am slightly concerned the clones are on the march now that we see how fast the price is rising on the concept. But I believe 99% of the cutpaste altcoin pumpers don't have the technical know-how to reset the algorithm, and maybe the smart ones have better things to do than make knockoffs.

Hope so, I am not a crypto wizard just a market junkie and I see this setup very clearly for whatever reason. VTC will be over .001 by Saturday, maybe Sunday at the latest. Barring a gutting of bitcoin (doubtful but chat is ugly tonight) will be .006 in a month. It's the right coin right time, not thrilled with the name or the logo but the lack of hype behind the price rise is the most revealing thing going on here.... it is going to go vertical for awhile.

Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:10:07 AM

I'm getting this error when trying to cuda on my Mac:

Reason: Incompatible library version: cudaminer requires version 8.0.0 or later, but libcurl.4.dylib provides version 7.0.0
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:17:10 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 10:37:02 AM by r0ach

i'd like to address a possible issue.

looking from this table (results for hd6690 on yacoin)
http://explorer.yacointalk.com/graphs.htm#tech

in november 2015 when vertcoin switches to N=8192 there will be a *huge* drop in hash rate. cpus will continue to mine, while gpu will be useless suddenly.
that will cause confirmation times go to the moon, because hashrate will drop thousands of times suddenly.

ok maybe the new cards like r9 290 will be able to mine until N=16384, but this will only postpone the problem.

GPUs can still mine Yacoin and it's on, I believe, N15 32768 4MB.  It's not a problem, lower thread concurrency.

Like I wrote on the original Vertcoin post:  "For the long, foreseeable future, GPU computing will be the fastest method of computation for Vertcoin"

You may now continue to load the spaceship with the rocket fuel.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
nasone32

Activity: 69

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:15:31 AM

we can start talking about it in the exchanges trollboxes Smiley

so, what can everybody do here to spread the word? we need a plan
BorisTheSpider

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:17:07 PM

IMPORTANT

A whale with 20MH has joined the Kilovolt pool - I have moved away to balance the network.

Please can everyone check the pool list at vertcoin.com and move some hashrate away until Kilovolt is back below 33% of the network hashrate.

For reference, at the time of posting, these pools would be good candidates to move to:

NY.VERTCO.IN - Hashrate: 33.094 Mhash/s - Workers: 77
LA.VERTCOIN.ORG - Hashrate: 35.395 Mhash/s - Workers: 112
EU.VERTCOIN.ORG - Hashrate: 43.376 Mhash/s - Workers: 106
VTC.POOL.PM - Hashrate: 4.635 Mhash/s - Workers: 16

Please do check vertcoin.com though, as the list there is dynamically updated.
jballs

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 05:10:21 PM

hey I just found the wallet mining option. Cool... except I am now mining on my laptop to check it out. It's an i3  at 2.30 GHZ (8GB RAM if that even matters).

How many vtc does I get before my laptop melts? CPU Usage at 53% with 2 cores set to mining...

gonzzo

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:17:44 PM

hey I just found the wallet mining option. Cool... except I am now mining on my laptop to check it out. It's an i3  at 2.30 GHZ (8GB RAM if that even matters).

How many vtc does I get before my laptop melts? CPU Usage at 53% with 2 cores set to mining...

honest?
if you are not very lucky NONE  Tongue
jballs

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 05:31:32 PM

honest?

Yeah pretty sure that was the answer, shut it down already but can now say I have mined for coin legit. It's fine I am just going to buy a bunch instead.

WHat would it take though to actually bring in 20-30 coin a day solo mining vct?

dmcx

Activity: 348

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:42:56 PM

honest?

Yeah pretty sure that was the answer, shut it down already but can now say I have mined for coin legit. It's fine I am just going to buy a bunch instead.

WHat would it take though to actually bring in 20-30 coin a day solo mining vct?

Why do you want to mine solo? in a pool, you can get 20-30 vtc/day with gpu that can deliver ~250-300 kh

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
gonzzo

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:46:15 PM

honest?

depends on the diff.

example for current diff:

~ 170kh/s 20-25 coins
i have my old geforce gtx 570 running in the background at ~80 kh/s not sure about newer models

my "real" workers are using amd r9 280x. one card gives around 350 kh/s

this calculation will be obsolete with the next diff change in ~38 hours

edit: i only mine with pools!

mattbigblue

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:58:17 PM

http://www.holynerdvana.com/

expect more hashrate, but also more coin hoopers  Angry  more people discovering this nice coin !! We just have to fix issue with difficulty readjustment. I suspect that within 1-4 weeks we wil have a problem with it

trogdorjw73

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 06:25:30 PM

http://www.holynerdvana.com/

expect more hashrate, but also more coin hoopers  Angry  more people discovering this nice coin !! We just have to fix issue with difficulty readjustment. I suspect that within 1-4 weeks we wil have a problem with it
Hey, I love that blog! I was just going to come over here and shamelessly promote it, but you beat me to it. LOL

And what's the problem with difficulty adjustment? People coin-hopping shouldn't be as much of a problem (at least for now) due to the modified PoW algorithm. It's not like we're going to get Hashcows or Middlecoin dropping several GHash of mining on VTC for a few days and then jumping back off. I know from my experience that getting the modified cgminer up and running isn't as simple as just changing the pools and running the same conf file with VTC as you use on scrypt. Hopefully by the time there's any real concern of people coin hopping on/off VTC, we'll already have a high enough GHash rate that it won't matter too much.

In the meantime, I'm mining as many VTC as possible before the difficulty (and price) jumps!

mattbigblue

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:33:26 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 06:53:39 PM by mattbigblue

I'm tired of explaining it people..You wait and see...The most profitable coin + long diff retarget = huge problems...anyway I keep mining it for now, will leave once we get thoose problems mentioned few times.

I'm writing it because I really like this coin and the idea, but it has no chance to survive with this retarget Sad Time for change would be now, not when we are listed on few exchanges....

Just a quote from other topic that explain well this concept:

Code:
So i think Ron paul coin is a great example why Kimotos gravity well is a great option Cheesy

Current Difficulty   78.27411168
Est. Next Difficulty   4.17035817 (Change in 98 Blocks)

Their average round time at the moment is 37 minutes, where it should be 2 minutes per block!

when this retarget happens, all people switch to RPC because it's most profitable, and when they elevate it fast, they leave again and it take weeks to next adjustment...with VTC it will be EXCATLY THE SAME BECAUSE IT'S PROFITABLE...RPC WAS PROFITABLE TOO...I cn't understand how You people can not understand it  Huh

KLONDIKE had the same problem, devs react right, they implemented Kimmo Gravity code which will go live in few minutes and look at their hashrate + price DOUBLED today.

sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:01:02 PM

I'm tired of explaining it people..You wait and see...The most profitable coin + long diff retarget = huge problems...anyway I keep mining it for now, will leave once we get thoose problems mentioned few times.

Agree.
trogdorjw73

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 07:21:25 PM

I'm writing it because I really like this coin and the idea, but it has no chance to survive with this retarget Sad Time for change would be now, not when we are listed on few exchanges....

Just a quote from other topic that explain well this concept:

Code:
So i think Ron paul coin is a great example why Kimotos gravity well is a great option Cheesy

Current Difficulty   78.27411168
Est. Next Difficulty   4.17035817 (Change in 98 Blocks)

Their average round time at the moment is 37 minutes, where it should be 2 minutes per block!
As noted, the reason other alt-coins are having huge problems is because of the multi-coin pools (e.g. Hashco.ws). They'll hop on a profitable coin for 10, 15, 60, whatever minutes and then move away when the difficulty vs. price is no longer favorable. RPC has a network hash rate of what -- 228MHash! So when Hashco.ws jumps on with 1GHash, it's a huge problem. That can't currently happen with VTC because you need to run a custom version of cgminer, which targets the different PoW algorithm. Of course, if a bunch of copycat coins start using the same PoW algo (Scrypt-Adaptive-N-Factor or whatever we're calling it), then maybe someone will make a multi-coin pool that runs for all of those pools. If that happens, as the first coin to use the new PoW, VTC will likely have a large enough following that the multi-coin pools won't be much of a problem.

All that said, I don't mind the idea of shorter rounds and/or faster confirmations. 2016 blocks was a figure chosen because adjusting every two weeks sounded like a good idea back in 2008 or whatever. Now, I'd agree that block adjustment times have no need of being measured in days let alone weeks. With 2.5 minute average block times, I wouldn't be opposed to adjusting difficulty every 24 or 48 blocks (one or two hours).

jomay

Activity: 167

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:35:08 PM

All that said, I don't mind the idea of shorter rounds and/or faster confirmations. 2016 blocks was a figure chosen because adjusting every two weeks sounded like a good idea back in 2008 or whatever. Now, I'd agree that block adjustment times have no need of being measured in days let alone weeks. With 2.5 minute average block times, I wouldn't be opposed to adjusting difficulty every 24 or 48 blocks (one or two hours).

I'm pretty sure the 2016 block adjustment + extremely low difficulty setting was ONLY chosen so that the dev (and whoever was there on the first day) could make a killing in number of coins minted. You guys are aware that almost 10.000 blocks or 500.000 VTC and hence about HALF of all coins in existence were mined on the first day because of these "unfortunate" and "accidental" settings? http://explorer.vertcoin.org/chain/Vertcoin?hi=9499&count=500

In other words, about 17 days worth of coin creation happened within 15h. This would have not been possible if VTC had a fast difficulty adjustment. So I think this setting was intentional at the beginning. But it can/should be changed now. Wink

BTC 1NoV8NFSB7eiuK2aABFtBTdUdXhbEdG7Ss
LTC LaFyWSfzKY7CKwwmbxhyf8S2iJvfT7JFtL YAC YKKwR5B64Z9ww971J42vEGVPaema623Tz6
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: