Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:40:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232526 times)
jballs

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 01:48:07 PM

Hey guys bump facebook a bit so we don't have to hire hordes of Indonesians like the clone circus does...

https://www.facebook.com/vertcoin

There is good stuff on there

Like this awesome little piece

https://medium.com/p/225f5a2d4f93

Say Hello to the Vertans-The First Real Bitcoin Challenge

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
BorisTheSpider

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:51:37 PM

http://vertcoin.org/index.cn.html updated to link to Bter
Dukester797

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:57:43 PM

Happy days, i just ordered the mobo for my first altcoin rig :-)

Do you know the spec you are going for yet? I really need to try and figure out a good rig for mining vert.

Hi there,

Yes, i am going for the following

mobo- Asrock 970 extreme 4
AMD Sempron 145 cpu
r9 280x  x3
psu -Seasonix x series 1250w '80 plus'
8 gb ram
Then will throw in one of the 250gb hd's i have laying around (running windows)
And i will have to work out a crate/frame/ etc to put it in
And put a power switch on it somehow- Any advise here?

Are you using 3 GPUs?  1250w is a lot.

I would go with a FX cpu with that AM3+ socket on that mobo.  They're cheap enough to justify the cost.  You can cpu mine at the same time you are GPU mining.  I got quite a few Max coins on the FX, and even a couple on an old Phenom ii.  

Hi there, i open to advice, will look at the FX cpu, seems sensible to mine on the cpu at the same time tbh.
What psu would you reccomend for the 3 GPU'S? i was just under the impression, the more power the better, but if i can save some cash, i'm happy to listen!

1250w is fine if you're going to run 3 gpus.  I always checkout http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/ for things like PSUs.  They tear down parts and figure out who is using good components and who is using shit.  There are only a couple manufacturers that make the PSUs for every company in the world, so make sure the model you're getting is made by a decent one.  Never use crap like a Rosewill, especially for a mining rig. The PSU is the one part that can kill your cards and CPU.

Thanks for the help, one other question, will i need powered risers for this set-up, if so could you post a link for reccomended ones, i have heard horror stories regarding these?

I would skip those for the time being.  They aren't needed unless you are having heat or space issues.  Build your rig, run it for a few days, and go from there.  No point in over complicating things, especially if it's your first build
inqd

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:11:00 PM

How long has bter.com been around? What's their track record like?
maxvolts

Activity: 226

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:11:52 PM

Do you know the spec you are going for yet? I really need to try and figure out a good rig for mining vert.

Hi there,

AMD Sempron 145 cpu
r9 280x  x3
8 gb ram

I would go with a FX cpu with that AM3+ socket on that mobo.  They're cheap enough to justify the cost.  You can cpu mine at the same time you are GPU mining.  I got quite a few Max coins on the FX, and even a couple on an old Phenom ii.  

Hi there, i open to advice, will look at the FX cpu, seems sensible to mine on the cpu at the same time tbh.
What psu would you reccomend for the 3 GPU'S? i was just under the impression, the more power the better, but if i can save some cash, i'm happy to listen!

1250w is fine if you're going to run 3 gpus.  I always checkout http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/ for things like PSUs.  They tear down parts and figure out who is using good components and who is using shit.  There are only a couple manufacturers that make the PSUs for every company in the world, so make sure the model you're getting is made by a decent one.  Never use crap like a Rosewill, especially for a mining rig. The PSU is the one part that can kill your cards and CPU.

Thanks for the help, one other question, will i need powered risers for this set-up, if so could you post a link for reccomended ones, i have heard horror stories regarding these?

I would skip those for the time being.  They aren't needed unless you are having heat or space issues.  Build your rig, run it for a few days, and go from there.  No point in over complicating things, especially if it's your first build

Ok, so just plug them into the mobo as normal then?

Dukester797

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:15:21 PM

Hi there,

AMD Sempron 145 cpu
r9 280x  x3
8 gb ram

Yes. 

You asked about putting a power switch on the board, so I am assuming you aren't using a case.  You shouldn't have any heat issues if your house is airconditioned and you point a little fan at them.  Also, you can turn the computer on and off without a switch.  You just have to jump it with a paperclip or something.
maxvolts

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:19:27 PM

Hi there,

AMD Sempron 145 cpu
r9 280x  x3
8 gb ram

Yes. 

You asked about putting a power switch on the board, so I am assuming you aren't using a case.  You shouldn't have any heat issues if your house is airconditioned and you point a little fan at them.  Also, you can turn the computer on and off without a switch.  You just have to jump it with a paperclip or something.

House is not air conditioned, but i live in the U.K so it should be cold enough! lol, good idea re:paperclip- thanks for that mate!
Will build it in an open rack type thing, and put a fan over it, and see how that goes.

Archer13

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:33:16 PM

i decided to create my own node and see what happens.  i have mined all night last night, and not once did i get off the payout list.  i have consistently been getting payouts, FOR EVERY BLOCK!

What is your hashrate?
uswapme

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:36:38 PM

my butt is so hurts right now. i cant login into cryptsy bout 12 hours. 12 GODDAMN HOURS. for just move my vtc back at my wallet..
Dukester797

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:38:13 PM

Hi there,

AMD Sempron 145 cpu
r9 280x  x3
8 gb ram

Yes. 

House is not air conditioned, but i live in the U.K so it should be cold enough! lol, good idea re:paperclip- thanks for that mate!
Will build it in an open rack type thing, and put a fan over it, and see how that goes.

I lived in London for a few years, so I know what you mean.  Keep an eye on the temps.  Playing with the config files and a slight underclock can do wonders sometimes.  The underclock sounds counter productive, but sometimes the trade off of a few KH/s is worth lowering the temps.

Good luck with the build!
Xperianz

Activity: 111

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:38:34 PM

Join us today

Traditional pool http://vtc.coinardia.com

P2Pool EU node http://coinardia.com:9171/static/

P2Pool US node http://54.201.53.12:9171/static/

P2Pool Asia  node Comming!

mik_druid

Activity: 159

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:39:45 PM

Buy rush Cheesy?
maxvolts

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:46:21 PM

Hi there,

AMD Sempron 145 cpu
r9 280x  x3
8 gb ram

Yes. 

I lived in London for a few years, so I know what you mean.  Keep an eye on the temps.  Playing with the config files and a slight underclock can do wonders sometimes.  The underclock sounds counter productive, but sometimes the trade off of a few KH/s is worth lowering the temps.

Good luck with the build!

Cheers, i wil let you know how i get on!

hutnik

Activity: 95

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:46:42 PM

Seriously, come join any P2Pool. You'll get most of your hashes and straight to your wallet. No risk of pool downtime/owner run.
Choose one or two with lowest ping
URL is address on that scanner, username your VTC address, random password.

http://scanner.etyd.org/

mattress

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:48:02 PM

i have been crying here several times how p2pool was not consistently paying me.  i would get on the payout list and all of the sudden i would be off it, even though i kept mining throughout.

i decided to create my own node and see what happens.  i have mined all night last night, and not once did i get off the payout list.  i have consistently been getting payouts, FOR EVERY BLOCK!

if you are getting shit results from p2p, just create your own node!  i run mine on virtual box instance of linux.  it was a bit strange setting it up but once i got it up and running, it has been smooth sailing with P2P!

one thing i noticed is that my miner shows a SHIT TON of HW and zero WU.  i thought it was a problem, but the payouts are coming in so maybe it something with my node config.  if anyone could shed some light on this, i would be grateful.  i am the only miner on my node, if that helps.

Does anyone have a solo mining profitability calc for VTC?
dedicatedpoolcom

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:50:41 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 03:23:12 PM by dedicatedpoolcom

love this coin
uswapme

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:56:41 PM

finally moved out my ass from cryptsy. bter should be much better.
J-mine

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:57:27 PM

Maxvolts:
mobo- Asrock 970 extreme 4 has a built in reset & power button, if you look at a good pic of the motherboard you can see them, so you won't need anything.  I have the same board.
And if you didn't, another option besides a paperclip: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DGZ1NU2/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

s4ndm4ns

Activity: 131

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:59:28 PM

14h ago I sent my VTC to crypsty... not showing as deposit yet, this is last time I will ever use this crap

quarkkid

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:59:37 PM

finally moved out my ass from cryptsy. bter should be much better.

plus its gaining more value here it seems  Smiley

My reputation thread!! ...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419456.0
C A Ix > >   CAIx-- Xt7qWX6LTAURHZYzjenTBNfViztCz2z72U
Pages: « 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: