Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:36:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Time to Sell Altcoins  (Read 5484 times)
TrollinU

Activity: 152
Merit: 10

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:28:43 AM

I think, that good way to sell altcoins is when it multiplies his price many times over in s hort time. Usually, these project are new. But new projects usually are scum, so you need to find really good. I can help with it. I know one and its name is TraceTo. This is a decentralized KYC network, which uses AI and SmartContract to verify. I suppose, that it`s good for investa and I have some reasons to think so. First reason - software like this is in demand. Second reason - good crew with many years of experience. I believe, that you can get profits from this

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 04:56:00 PM

Depends on the coin, check the road map and see if there are any major features coming up and then hodl until release date. Otherwise, if the price has gone flat and there is no pump expected then dump it and switch to something with more liquidity.

Speaking of altcoins though not every coin is going to go down so hard that they will be tough to track. In fact in future a pump can happen with any coin depending on what FUD is being spread by the shills of the coin. If you are a believer of any project then be a loyal one. Sell what you need to cash it out but then dont think or sulk about it in future.

Obviously scam projects will be dumped once the real scam is revealed. For such cases its better to sell even a lower price to cut your loss as much as you can early before the price drops even more to remain there for ever.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:20:03 PM

Today's market has rebounded and the prices of coin have risen sharply. Although the market turns green and prices have changed, the price of the altcoin is still low. I advise you not to sell at this time. The market will grow and you have the opportunity to make a big profit in the future.
Yeah, it is usually like that most of the time, as majority of the alt market are tied to bitcoin. However, we still have a lot of time ahead of us to see how things will be turning out, so I guess we will just have to wait and see. For now, nothing is sure with the market.

Based on the OP's question, knowing when to sell in a market is as important as to knowing when to buy which is why you have to form your own strategy and stick with it. So many ways to know when to sell, it could be making use of the indicator; it could be utilizing price action on support and resistance and so many more.
gunungkembar

Activity: 545
Merit: 43

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:46:56 AM

the right time to sell altcoin is when you get a lot of profit, I hope you buy altcoin that really has a good development and has a very useful product for the community and the future.
htconem7

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:51:10 AM

Hy guys. Most of the time I use to trade with altcoins and I use to sell altcoins when they are above ICO price and giving some profit. I do not hold atlcoins for long time. What if you have some altcoins, what will be your strategy to use that coins? Is there any specific best time for every altcoin and when it is going well and we should sell ?? 
I think that at this point you should sell altcoin and exit USDT in order to preserve capital and profit, you can see that bitcoin prices in the past few days are fluctuating continuously and are currently falling sharply. According to my analysis, bitcoin prices will probably continue to fall sharply in the coming days and will correct at $ 7200 before falling further.
napi

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:37:40 AM

the best time to sell coins is when you are able to earn very much profits at least 50% of the profits from when you buy in my opinion it is very good and is enough to be able to benefit.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:45:03 AM

the right time to sell altcoin is when you get a lot of profit, I hope you buy altcoin that really has a good development and has a very useful product for the community and the future.
well, I know that selling the coins we have is when the price is going up, and I do not think this time is the right time to sell the coins we have, because all the coin assets at the moment are in red.
juragane

Activity: 476

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:17:53 AM

a good time to sell coins is when the price of the coin is already rising in price and when there is good news on the coin, the point is you have to be patient not too fast to sell the coin you have

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 04:36:39 PM

the best time to sell coins is when you are able to earn very much profits at least 50% of the profits from when you buy in my opinion it is very good and is enough to be able to benefit.

Not always. You may have a 10% profit and want to sell. It depends on how much you believe that the project is worth and how much you are willing to risk. As soon as the minimum barrier or 10% profit is crossed you can start to think of selling the altcoin. There is no use in holding altcoins because in the future they will never become bitcoin 2.0 and thus will always be worth less than bitcoin.

Sell when you want - dont stop yourself for encashing altcoins. After all there are always new projects coming up for investing. Wink

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
binbim229

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:39:52 PM

I think the market is about to be pump! People need to be awake!
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:50:28 PM

Hy guys. Most of the time I use to trade with altcoins and I use to sell altcoins when they are above ICO price and giving some profit. I do not hold atlcoins for long time. What if you have some altcoins, what will be your strategy to use that coins? Is there any specific best time for every altcoin and when it is going well and we should sell ?? 

But that will just limit you to a little profit. Maximizing it will take half a year or more.
If you look at their roadmaps, most of them can fulfill it for a year before the whole project is working. That is how they do it in ICO companies.
Besides, they just got the money and they dont really have the item yet. At early stage, it is just an idea before it could give fruits it takes time and effort.
Activitycoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:52:38 PM

well, I know that selling the coins we have is when the price is going up, and I do not think this time is the right time to sell the coins we have, because all the coin assets at the moment are in red.
The right time to sell bitcoin is the time when the price will be high and it will be profitable for to sell at this time, it is usually happen that time comes when bitcoin reaches the highest price and then later on it decreases so buy when it is low sell when it is high. So now price is at increasing mode so no wise invested will sell his coins but I am planning to sell at the end of this year as price will get high for sure.
LuffyD.Monkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:21:52 AM

It all depends on what are you planning to buy for those altcoins. If its BTC then its better to wait for a lower BTC price.
Apart from that lower market cap altcoins aka. sh$tcoins tend to depreciate rapidly so convert them as soon as you mine them.
If you own higher market cap altcoins, keep then until there is a price spike or until BTC price is very low.
The best time to sell Altcoin is actually when you sense the stability in the prices I decreasing or the prices have reached a particular height and now will stay the same for some time or might fall. You should actually sell your Altcoin the time which will actually earn you profits. Altcoin should be held in times when the market looks optimistic and you have chance to earn in future.
sisjow

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:49:59 PM

almost like you, i sell my coin when the price higher than ICO price. i think it is the best time to sell it, just don't be greedy, the market can fall anytime. just sell your coin when you think you already get enough of profit.
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:57:36 PM

almost like you, i sell my coin when the price higher than ICO price. i think it is the best time to sell it, just don't be greedy, the market can fall anytime. just sell your coin when you think you already get enough of profit.
Well of course and very right once if it's getting a profit even if only a little better selling not have greedy emotions for more profit cause everyone else thinks so,I also like that sometimes if want to get a profit but sometimes I wait for 3 or 5 months after there in the market then I sell it and it's the most appropriate time cause at that time the value rise higher.

Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:06:42 PM

Everyone has a best time , Maybe I'm happy with 20% profit some one is happy with 50% , I just say better expect some reasonable profits , and don't expect every coins to become 2x or 3x!
I write my aims and I set order , usually beginning of years coins are in uptrend for ex , Jan 208 many of the coins were higher than what they are from now , and some coins has been 1/10 from then , You see , greed is not something nice in this market!

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
digaran2

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:23:39 PM

for good altcoins maybe holding is a good way, by holding long time, u may get the max profits!
Huskarls

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:46:10 PM

the time we should sell coins are when the we see any new development and updates about the project. its sometimes involved with the new updates following with the news between one coins and another.
Aion2n

Activity: 700
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:31:37 PM

There is no specific time for selling altcoins. Each situation and each coin is different. Before you sell a coin, you must understand some things about it:
1. what is the idea of its creators;
2. how much people need it;
3. what news surrounds it;
4. are there any known people who promote it;
5. what kind of people are interested in the project?
6. what is the situation on the market now;
7. what profit this coin has already brought to you;
8. what news is waiting for this coin in the future.
I think you can find many more questions, the answers to which will help you understand the right moment for sale or not. Remember, there are no universal tips!
GoldenLad

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:47:56 PM

I think the market is about to be pump! People need to be awake!
Not all market is awake and not all coin will pump immediately or will pump when others are pumping. Before one can determine if they want to sell an altcoin, they must know or decide if that coin is a long term profitable coin or a short term because most people make the mistake of selling of a long term coin immediately and holding short term coin which won't gain them much. Besides, if the coin is highly potential, one can keep it for when it will be used as a payment method. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: