Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:53:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 [527] 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC]  (Read 554373 times)
G440T

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:35:01 AM

I'm looking at the KGW bug now. This does mean another hard fork, before i put it live i'd like someone else to check the code. 24kilo are you willing?
Thanks Dave, I guess you're familiar with this? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552895.0
KDC_Dave

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:52:19 AM

I'm looking at the KGW bug now. This does mean another hard fork, before i put it live i'd like someone else to check the code. 24kilo are you willing?
Thanks Dave, I guess you're familiar with this? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552895.0

Yes have been reading through it Cheesy
KDC_Dave

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:27:49 AM

OK i've added changes for the KGW fix to the development branch here: https://github.com/klondikecoin/klondikecoin/tree/Development

Can anyone who know's what they are doing double check my work, before i merge it with the live version? (i have also pm'd fuse)
24Kilo

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:37:22 AM

There is no need to rush this hard-fork... Fuse will need a day or two to double check the code.

At this point, no one is going to use this exploit against KDC... at a network hash-rate of less than 100Mh/s... a straight up 51% attack would be easier and a guaranteed success compared the aggro of a using the KGW exploit. The exploit is most attractive for attacking networks where a 51% attack is not possible, because the KGW exploit only needs about 10% of the network hash-rate to be effective, so it makes the big networks vulnerable.

In the case of KDC, a 51% attack is instant and effective... and not much hash-rate would be needed... in fact... I could launch a 51% by myself at the moment with ease.

So more important to take the time to ensure the fix is implemented properly, add a few checkpoints, and make sure the hard fork is deployed after a considerable publicity and notice to all exchanges, merchants, users, and miners than rushing it because of the fear of being exploited.
KDC_Dave

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:41:40 AM

There is no need to rush this hard-fork... Fuse will need a day or two to double check the code.

At this point, no one is going to use this exploit against KDC... at a network hash-rate of less than 100Mh/s... a straight up 51% attack would be easier and a guaranteed success compared the aggro of a using the KGW exploit. The exploit is most attractive for attacking networks where a 51% attack is not possible, because the KGW exploit only needs about 10% of the network hash-rate to be effective, so it makes the big networks vulnerable.

In the case of KDC, a 51% attack is instant and effective... and not much hash-rate would be needed... in fact... I could launch a 51% by myself at the moment with ease.

So more important to take the time to ensure the fix is implemented properly, add a few checkpoints, and make sure the hard fork is deployed after a considerable publicity and notice to all exchanges, merchants, users, and miners than rushing it because of the fear of being exploited.

Agreed! 24kilo you and fuse interested in any of the positions we put up for the coin?
LeBarton

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:52:39 AM

Agreed! 24kilo you and fuse interested in any of the positions we put up for the coin?
Would be really great to have a dev team with all of you guys !
barryzand

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:26:44 AM

+1

You seem to know what youre talking about indeed Wink Would be nice if you join man Smiley
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:59:22 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 11:12:29 AM by kahir

Good thing we have Dev team to help us with this issue ....
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:42:38 AM

+1 with KDC_Dave, Fuse, 24Kilo  KLONDIKE could be unstoppable!!!
jackdminer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:43:40 PM

If there is going to be another hard fork perhaps we should rethink the block payout...  Hash is king and you have to pay for it. Smiley

I would suggest a fixed reward for all future blocks (no halving).  Remember the more blocks hashed the less dilutive a payout is.

why not 88? 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/88_(number)

kahir
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:48:43 PM

If there is going to be another hard fork perhaps we should rethink the block payout...  Hash is king and you have to pay for it. Smiley

I would suggest a fixed reward for all future blocks (no halving).  Remember the more blocks hashed the less dilutive a payout is.

why not 88?  

reward is 8 and price is around 1500-1800 ....

so u want make it 88 ....

jackdminer

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:57:48 PM

If there is going to be another hard fork perhaps we should rethink the block payout...  Hash is king and you have to pay for it. Smiley

I would suggest a fixed reward for all future blocks (no halving).  Remember the more blocks hashed the less dilutive a payout is.

why not 88? 

so u want make it 88 .... where is your brains ?

My brain is on the meager 60Mh/s and the security of the coin.  Where else should your brain be?  88 coins a minute buys you a few hundred Mh/s even at lower prices.

It's not like 88 payout tanks the coin 80%.  The more blocks that are produced the less inflation a new block creates. 

Unless of course you want a coin with 20Mh/s NET HASH and anyone with time to kill can 51% attack your coin... 

Don't focus on the price, worry about the underpinnings.

LeBarton

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:20:35 PM

why not 88? 

My brain is on the meager 60Mh/s and the security of the coin.  Where else should your brain be?  88 coins a minute buys you a few hundred Mh/s even at lower prices.

It's not like 88 payout tanks the coin 80%.  The more blocks that are produced the less inflation a new block creates. 

Unless of course you want a coin with 20Mh/s NET HASH and anyone with time to kill can 51% attack your coin... 

Lol you are the one who are most focused on the price, you turned off your rigs because you hadn't enough profit.
kahir
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:31:23 PM

go read my posts ......

yes ... i turned off my rig to mine kdc ....

i mine most profitable - dump for kdc buys ....

that would push price up ... and attract more miners to kdc ... thats called using your brain
jackdminer

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:58:16 PM

why not 88? 

Lol you are the one who are most focused on the price, you turned off your rigs because you hadn't enough profit.

And my potential hash is not applied to any coin. 

Who wins? no one.

I would mine a coin valued at 1 satoshi if it was worth the effort.  I don't give two shits about the actual price, I just care about the exchange of my hash for equitable value.

Call me the evil scum of the earth for being a profit miner until your blue in the face and your coin withers to an unsecure hash rate, I could care less.

This is just a side hobby / educational experience for me, I made a suggestion on block payout to improve the net hash. 

What ideas do you have besides bad mouthing someone who just wants to be paid for their work?

heartthew

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:05:44 PM

why not 88? 

Who wins? no one.

I would mine a coin valued at 1 satoshi if it was worth the effort.  I don't give two shits about the actual price, I just care about the exchange of my hash for equitable value.

Call me the evil scum of the earth for being a profit miner until your blue in the face and your coin withers to an unsecure hash rate, I could care less.

This is just a side hobby / educational experience for me, I made a suggestion on block payout to improve the net hash. 

What ideas do you have besides bad mouthing someone who just wants to be paid for their work?

A lot of stupid, shortsighted ideas havecome up - and been implemented - on this thread, more than most other coins.

The block reward should NEVER have been dropped from 77 to 16.

That showed such brutal disregard for every miner that might join KDC from that point on, and has nearly killed the coin.

Why not 44 or 33, why the hell 16?

Why didn't ANYONE stop such a foolhardy change?

Greed, that's why.

This guy is right, the reward is not much of a reward, and the suffering hashrate proves it...
jackdminer

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:53:35 PM

If there is going to be another hard fork perhaps we should rethink the block payout...  Hash is king and you have to pay for it. Smiley

I would suggest a fixed reward for all future blocks (no halving).  Remember the more blocks hashed the less dilutive a payout is.

why not 88?  

My brain is on the meager 60Mh/s and the security of the coin.  Where else should your brain be?  88 coins a minute buys you a few hundred Mh/s even at lower prices.

It's not like 88 payout tanks the coin 80%.  The more blocks that are produced the less inflation a new block creates.  

Who wins? no one.

I would mine a coin valued at 1 satoshi if it was worth the effort.  I don't give two shits about the actual price, I just care about the exchange of my hash for equitable value.

A lot of stupid, shortsighted ideas havecome up - and been implemented - on this thread, more than most other coins.

The block reward should NEVER have been dropped from 77 to 16.

That showed such brutal disregard for every miner that might join KDC from that point on, and has nearly killed the coin.

Why not 44 or 33, why the hell 16?

Why didn't ANYONE stop such a foolhardy change?

Greed, that's why.

This guy is right, the reward is not much of a reward, and the suffering hashrate proves it...

This was done because of the coming ASIC's if you have no idea why we need to protect investors then you have no idea of a economic market.

All this crying are the miners that can't do ROI their hardware anymore.

The reward is good as it is now. Because at these times not the profitable coin will count, no in these times all the people that do not support this coin will go to other coins and this will be a good thing.

You are just parasites trying to get the last btc you can out of any coin and you deserve to starve.

I know that you think that securing the blockchain is a need and i agree with you but not while this coin is still growing.
In the first days you could easily do a 51% on bitcoin and it did not happen. Why ? Because it is not profitable Period!

Just throwing out ideas.  No one is crying.  People will 51% attack you because they can, just like street artist tag.  If you don't secure your coin you will loose your investment/investors whatever.  Reducing the block pay as a defense against ASICs?  Could someone explain that to me please?

The real cry babies are the bag holders who wrongly feel threatened by a block pay that supports a secure block chain.  What happened in the early days of Bitcoin is irrelevant in today's environment.

No one is going to listen to me regardless, so this experiment will play out 'your way' and we will observe the outcome in the months ahead.  My prediction is the current path will lead to the coins demise.
kahir
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:56:38 PM

well first we need that
1- kgw error fixed .....with hardfork .. asap
2- explorer back online
LeBarton

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 04:01:46 PM

go read my posts ......

that would push price up ... and attract more miners to kdc ... thats called using your brain

I was talking to jackdminer, not you kahir.

In fact I'm for the coin going PoS and creating a pool that mines LTC and exchanges it to KDC. I would do the same way as you but I keep my mining rig pointed to KDC to secure the net hashrate.
G440T

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:20:49 PM

go read my posts ......

I was talking to jackdminer, not you kahir.

In fact I'm for the coin going PoS and creating a pool that mines LTC and exchanges it to KDC. I would do the same way as you but I keep my mining rig pointed to KDC to secure the net hashrate.
+1 PoS and the pool sounds like a good idea, and now is the perfect time to fork.
Pages: « 1 ... 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 [527] 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 »
  Print  

Jump to: