Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:37:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 [649] 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058428 times)
ycagel

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:30:32 AM

You've missed my entire point. I have been with DGB since day 1 and not traded anything. With that being said, let's put the topic to rest and focus on more productive items.

YC

Haggis,
 It is relevant because if the price is declining, it suggests that the buying power to acquire more DGB is advantageous. If the short term trend is rising, it will cause the opposite. I think at times we all get caught in the short term for such large events that we fail to realize most of the specific items can take months or even upwards to a year to really materialize. It's good to keep everyone accountable, but expectations need to be managed. If DGB was ever thought of as  day trading crypto, you are in the wrong area.

YC

For you folks looking at trends, do you think BTC is going down or up short term?

YC
How is that related to DGB? I kind of dislike the spirit here of posting things just for the sake of posting.
I'm more interested at what is actually happening behind the scenes...the "great things around the corner" we heared so much (or nothing?) about? Is there anything else beside promotion the community can do for DGB?
Sorry, I don't get your point. But it sounds like it fits more to this subforum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=8.0

As you mentioned correctly, DGB is not for the short term. Therefore I see no point about talking about any kind of "buying power". As there is very small to none buying power for DGB, we should talk about the fundamentals to move forward.
lucazane
Legendary

Activity: 1198

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 11:41:53 AM

anyone build a new DGB-Groestl pool?all pools dead,the officer released wallet always crash,
someone  may  build secrete wallet and solo ,
too many coins will be dump,
https://dgb-groestl.theblocksfactory.com/

The Blocks Factory Mining POOL : DGB(sha256d, Skein, Qubit, Groestl & Scrypt), FTC
ycagel

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 01:11:01 PM

HR,
 No worries! Great to see you back and hope you are in good spirits!

YC

Brussels Recap:

Recap: Bitcoin 2 Business Congress in Brussels
by Allen Scott @ 2014-10-23 05:22 PM

The very first Bitcoin 2 Business Congress kicked off on October 16 at a very nice looking location in Brussels: the B19 Business Club.

Registration started at 9:00 am and the Agenda was full the whole two days. Twitter and other social media were filled with news and current information from the presentations and speeches.

The atmosphere was casual from the beginning and people were very interested in meeting potential business partners and in the networking.

Day 1

The first day began with Stan Wolf and Benjamin Bommhardt who were discussing the Crossing of the Chasm of Cryptocurrencies. The day continued with one interesting session after another. Among the Bitcoiners well-known Niels Kerstholt from BitPay discussed the Merchant adoption of Bitcoin.

One of the most interesting sessions of the first day was also the Mining workshop. Some of the attendees never truly understood the Mining for which this session was very beneficial. Not only could they see the “old-school“ GPU miner, well known to people who started mining earlier, but they also learned about merged mining.

This was explained in depth because while mining you can also mine a Transactioncoin – TxC, which supports two hashing algorithms: SHA256 and SCRYPT.

“Txcoin can be merged mined with either sha256 or scrypt based altcoins, such as Bitcoin or Dogecoin” explained Matej Michalko from BitcoinMarketing and DexQ during the workshop.

Vitalik Buterin from Ethereum had a speech on Thursday as well as Sergij Foski representing the Bitcoin Foundation along with John Michell who presented a closer description of Decentralization and DAOZ.

- Vitalik Buterin
Day 2

The second day of the Congress taking place on Friday focused on a broad range of topics. It was opened by a great presentation of BitcoinMarketing’s Boris Stankovic.

One of the most tweeted was the presentation by Richard Caetano who advised Bitcoin businesses to “Target Early Adopters but Prepare for Mainstream.“

Another noteworthy presentation was given by Cointellect.

Next, Jeremy Gardner invited more Universities to join the College Cryptocurrency Network.

A great panel discussion was held on the subject of Altcoins with Adam Vaziri, Matej Michalko, Stanislav Wolf, Marc Warne, Matej Boda and Vitalik Buterin.

Right after the lunch break, Max Wang from btctrade.com delivered an interesting speech titled “Cross-border B2B Payments and Digital Assets Investment Based on the Large Trading Volume in China.”

The latter part of the afternoon was dedicated to a start-up show that included10 start-up projects. Every startup got the chance to present their project. The list of participating companies included:

Bokk
    Online Bank Transfer
    Cryptodomainer
    BitNPlay
    Coinoutlet
    GEMS
    JungleCoin
    MasterXchange
    DexQ
    Internet of Coins

More information about the participating Start-ups can be found here.

Some controversy was stirred up by the last presentation from Nicolas Courtois of UCL. “Flipping the coin 100x would be better randomness than current random generator in some wallets,” said Courtois, in addition to other brow raising comments such as Bitcoin “has failed in being a decentralized P2P.” His speech led to many discussions at the subsequent social event in the city that included many Start-ups representatives, investors and attendees.

The event was a great success that galvanized the formation of new business partnerships and connections between Bitcoiners in Europe as well as the other parts of the world.

Also, special thanks should also go out to the guys from Belgian Bitcoin Association who helped with the organization.

For more information about the event, go to the official website.

Source: http://cointelegraph.com/news/112790/recap-bitcoin-2-business-congress-in-brussels

Thanks ycagel. For those of us with limited time, this kind of post with this type of information (much like the posts regarding the Cryptsy lawsuit I also might add) is very much appreciated!

CryptoLTD

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 03:44:46 PM

take a look at this

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/silver-law-group-files-lawsuits-against-cryptocurrency-exchanges-bitcoin-savings-trust-and-cryptsy-2014-10-23

looks like cryptsy is in deep shit , I just transfered my digibyte from the exchange to my wallet .

Make sure to transfer all your DigiBytes out of Cryptsy to protect from losses in case this goes south for them. It is never a good idea to leave your DigiBytes or Bitcoin on any exchanged for too long. We have all seen too many exchanges fail.

It seems Cryptsy's practice of putting up a new pump & dump coin every week is now catching up with them. They are partially to blame for the eruption of new scam clones every week.

Unfortunately the timing of this cannot be any worse. Combined with the Mintpal fiasco the alt coin market as taken a huge blow. There is definitely a vacuum right now for a trusted alt coin exchange. We are working hard to fill this void, we  have an exchange in alpha, but there is still much work to be done. We are not going to release a platform that is not very solid & secure. We also want to get the exchange insured, but this process is not easy.

Has anyone still not been able to withdraw their coins from Mintpal?

Shocked that the dev made this statement, when there are clearly other exchanges that are far FAR worse. You should keep your nose out of the politics and fix your own issues. Making bold statements like this against the ONLY decent exchange that is US based will hurt your credibility far worse that brick & mortar claims adaptation claims while you still had pre-mine funds, now we look @ weeks for fixes for inoperable algos. Funny how this all works.. when theres premine funds, hype it as much as possible, travel the world.. now that 'suposedly' you dont have premine funds (it seems this is actually the case), its all 2nd priority now. Typical. Want to cast stones, cast them @ exchanges like polo who is the epicenter of IPO scam coins. One more time for clarity, jumping on gossip trains makes you look very unprofessional. That being said, I still have my DGB, but for pete's sake..lets act like grown educated people & not 13 year old pre-pubecent little girls.
haggis

Activity: 984

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 04:12:33 PM

Any news about the good things "around the corner"?
AizenSou

Activity: 938

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 04:41:15 PM

Someone knows cryptomining pool owner ? Their pool is down for over 24h, stratum server still works and my miners still mining there, but no payout for over 24h.
Thanks in advance.
Arsenay

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 04:47:48 PM

All coins of the late great market mintpal
Fell into instability
Repeated robbery ))
Some resisted, but not dgb.
Lawzt

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 05:10:26 PM

Hi there

Have you seen that you can buy DGB at litebit.eu with Visa .... woot! just ordered a million.
already bought some millions with SEPA, lets see how this Visa transaction goes, suppose its faster than SEPA bank transfer Smiley

Regards   
SSG69

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 06:05:14 PM

Hi there

Have you seen that you can buy DGB at litebit.eu with Visa .... woot! just ordered a million.
already bought some millions with SEPA, lets see how this Visa transaction goes, suppose its faster than SEPA bank transfer Smiley

Regards   

Thx, keep us updated please.

Thx again!

Ivanech

Activity: 808
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 07:23:19 PM

Hi there

Regards   

Wow! The price is 0.00001400 instead of 0.00000020.

In addition, with max 1000 DGB per order did you fill 1000+ orders to get million? I doubt.
sgi02

Activity: 542
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 07:56:01 PM

Someone knows cryptomining pool owner ? Their pool is down for over 24h, stratum server still works and my miners still mining there, but no payout for over 24h.
Thanks in advance.

Seconded. The site went down right before I was go hit my payment threshold. They don't seem to have an active thread here and their twitter hasn't been updated in over a month. Any info regarding the pools status would be much appreciated. 
Gunther
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:08:16 PM

My concern is that once people are able to mine, the sell pressure will be huge again.

I was right. Digishield 1.0 back please.
ycagel

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:49:26 PM

This would be something fantastic for DGB to achieve which would help consumer adoption:

The Family That Mines Bitcoin Together Stays Together

Stan Higgins | Published on October 26, 2014 at 15:11 GMT   

For John Tuberosi, bitcoin mining has always been about family. Since he began mining digital currencies earlier this year, Tuberosi has slowly but surely recruited more members of his family, including his children, sister and brother.

Yet it was the addition of his mother to the family's mining operation last week that served as the catalyst for even wider interest within his tight-knit community back home in San Pedro, California, Tuberosi said.

He told CoinDesk:

“My mom has been doing everyone’s taxes since 1969. My mother is the most trusted and respected person in this town. People found out she was mining last week and there’s been a line outside my door with people wanting to learn more.”

Tuberosi’s mining operation has evolved since it began taking shape in January. A few graphics cards turned into a basement of ASICs, and today, Tuberosi maintains a portfolio of both hardware and cloud-based mining resources that he says continues to grow.

Since starting the JustUsMining group 9 months ago, Tuberosi said, he has felt more personally driven and focused than ever before in his life. The inclusion of his wife and children in the process – his kids have their own miners and his daughter helps manage the family’s BTC accounts – has made the journey a personal one.

According to Tuberosi, the experience of mining digital currencies hasn't just been about making money or chasing a new opportunity. Recent bitcoin-funded trips, including one to the Hashers United mining conference in Las Vegas, underscore what Tuberosi calls a complete transformation of his and his family’s lives.
Early trials

Tuberosi’s interest in bitcoin began in 2013, when an investment tip prompted him to become an early adopter. The technology’s now-infamous price surge at the end of that year convinced him of the opportunity that lie inside mining and generating new coins, motivating him to start seriously investigating hardware for a home-based rig.

At the outset, though, he wasn’t sure where to begin.

“I had no idea what I was doing. None at all. The first computer chip took two days to build, it was nothing but errors.”

Tuberosi said he fell into a trap familiar to many who decide to get into personal computing: buying expensive equipment you simply don’t need. After a while, he continued, he came to understand the steps needed and, over time, was able to get his first GPU-based rig running.

Yet the process of achieving profitability wasn’t over. He said:

“I get my first electricity bill. My God. I was using high-end cards that were sucking so much juice. I look at my wife and say, we need to do something different.”

Tuberosi was able to capitalize on a big upswing in demand for graphics cards earlier this year, exchanging the hardware for lower-wattage cards that he said delivered better results. Tuberosi turned those early profits into even more equipment, including then-new ASICs through Gridseed and GAWMiners.

The time wasn’t without risk, Tuberosi said. A big increase in public interest surrounding digital currency gave rise to scams that targeted individuals interested in mining.

Citing a “nose” for suspicious business ideas, Tuberosi described instances in which he would come into conflict with companies claiming to sell the latest equipment.

“I was calling these people, I would smell something bad and I’d question them, I’d tell them – I caught you,” he said. “You’re mining, you’ve got nothing for sale and these people would hang up. I caught all these scams, so I had to build.”
Ramp up

Though blocks were being discovered and money was being made, Tuberosi explained that the result was a rather cluttered home in San Pedro.

By May, the venture reached a point in which makeshift solutions for power and infrastrucure needed to be addressed.

“I had my GPUs in my living room while my kids watched TV -- you couldn’t even watch TV anymore,” Tuberosi said. “I had extension cords running all through my house to bring the energy, so I hit on the idea to completely remodel my office.”

Tuberosi invested nearly $30,000 transforming his home office to meet the power needs of his mining rig. During this time, he continued to acquire ASICs and navigate a tricky business environment in which hardware was regularly delayed, disrupting growth plans.

It was around this time that the price of litecoin and many alternative digital currencies – as well as market volume – began to decline. This put pressure on profitability, driving Tuberosi to look at cloud-based options as his home mine grew.

The downturn also prompted those close to him to suggest that he consider pulling back on the mining venture. He and his family took a bitcoin-funded trip to Hawaii to celebrate his daughter’s birthday. It was during the trip, Tuberosi said, that he reaffirmed his decision to continue investing and building his mine.

He added:

“I knew inside that they didn’t know what this thing is. And when someone tells me to stop doing something, I’m the guy that says, watch me go. They tell me I can’t do it, I say watch me.”

Family focus

According to Tuberosi, the ability to give back to his family has been the best part of the experience. Thanks to the investment and income generated, he said, he was able to fly his wife to Argentina to see her mother, explaining:

“Her mother’s 80th birthday was October 3rd. I tell my wife, how would you like to go down to Argentina to surprise her for her birthday. She asks, you can do that? I say yes, you can – with bitcoin.”

“It’s incredible, he added, laughing. “Then the questions from my family rolled in.”

Phone call after phone call, Tuberosi continued, resulted in a number of friends and family members making investments of their own. He spent several weeks helping them set up their own mining rigs or configuring cloud purchases online.

Soon, even his mother was expressing interest in mining digital currency.
Looking ahead

Like most miners, Tuberosi freely acknowledged the long-term challenges of mining. Yet when asked if he would do anything differently, he said the experience has changed him as a person in ways that make the ups and downs worth it:

“I’ve never, ever in my life, been so on top of everything. Never. You know what [mining] is? A great system for self-empowerment.”

Tuberosi continued by saying he sees a bright future in the technology, both as a means of transacting as well as a method for connecting people. He pointed to his mother’s recent adoption of mining and the groundswell of interest from those around him as proof that digital currency can change lives.

“It’s more than just money – it’s the way people things transact with each other,” he said.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/family-mines-bitcoin-together-stays-together/
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:50:37 PM

Hi there

Regards   

In addition, with max 1000 DGB per order did you fill 1000+ orders to get million? I doubt.

Read it ! it says, 1 DGB = 1000 !
halinyo
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:54:21 PM

My concern is that once people are able to mine, the sell pressure will be huge again.

I was right. Digishield 1.0 back please.

As I said before, if there is no news, then it will keep going down and down Wink There is nothing to stop it going down...
Sell pressure is getting higher along with no updates or good news for DGB... Or not much interesting development....

However, I still believe this is the calm before the storm...
I feel there is an intentional quietness here... So keep buying if you want to get good trading opportunity...
Disc: This is my personal thought.
halinyo
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:56:05 PM

take a look at this

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/silver-law-group-files-lawsuits-against-cryptocurrency-exchanges-bitcoin-savings-trust-and-cryptsy-2014-10-23

looks like cryptsy is in deep shit , I just transfered my digibyte from the exchange to my wallet .

Make sure to transfer all your DigiBytes out of Cryptsy to protect from losses in case this goes south for them. It is never a good idea to leave your DigiBytes or Bitcoin on any exchanged for too long. We have all seen too many exchanges fail.

It seems Cryptsy's practice of putting up a new pump & dump coin every week is now catching up with them. They are partially to blame for the eruption of new scam clones every week.

Unfortunately the timing of this cannot be any worse. Combined with the Mintpal fiasco the alt coin market as taken a huge blow. There is definitely a vacuum right now for a trusted alt coin exchange. We are working hard to fill this void, we  have an exchange in alpha, but there is still much work to be done. We are not going to release a platform that is not very solid & secure. We also want to get the exchange insured, but this process is not easy.

Shocked that the dev made this statement, when there are clearly other exchanges that are far FAR worse. You should keep your nose out of the politics and fix your own issues. Making bold statements like this against the ONLY decent exchange that is US based will hurt your credibility far worse that brick & mortar claims adaptation claims while you still had pre-mine funds, now we look @ weeks for fixes for inoperable algos. Funny how this all works.. when theres premine funds, hype it as much as possible, travel the world.. now that 'suposedly' you dont have premine funds (it seems this is actually the case), its all 2nd priority now. Typical. Want to cast stones, cast them @ exchanges like polo who is the epicenter of IPO scam coins. One more time for clarity, jumping on gossip trains makes you look very unprofessional. That being said, I still have my DGB, but for pete's sake..lets act like grown educated people & not 13 year old pre-pubecent little girls.

Jared has already clarified it above if you put your glasses on ! ... What is your point with this pointless post ?

In case you did not put your glasses on:

We have conducted our own research into this matter, including reading the actual suit: http://www.silverlaw.com/files/BitcoinComplaint.pdf

It does appear this lawsuit doesn't have much ground to stand on. Cryptsy is a very easy target, because there is an easy avenue for consumer recourse ( State of Florida, FinCEN). We hope this turns out well for them as this would be a huge blow to everyone in the alt market if they were to shutdown. As always, it is a good idea to only move coins to an exchange when you are ready to trade.
ycagel

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:58:32 PM

Must be an error, since the charts show 1000 DGB = 0.03 EUR

YC

Hi there

Regards  

djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:59:22 PM

take a look at this

Unfortunately the timing of this cannot be any worse. Combined with the Mintpal fiasco the alt coin market as taken a huge blow. There is definitely a vacuum right now for a trusted alt coin exchange. We are working hard to fill this void, we  have an exchange in alpha, but there is still much work to be done. We are not going to release a platform that is not very solid & secure. We also want to get the exchange insured, but this process is not easy.

Jared has already clarified it above if you get your glasses on ! ... What is your point with this pointless post ?

Mostly FUD or just stupidity for not being able to read info on this thread.
halinyo
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:07:30 AM

Must be an error, since the charts show 1000 DGB = 0.03 EUR

YC

Hi there

Regards  

Even though, it is clear in the text Smiley

0.00001400 this price could have been really cool indeed.

If crypto survives and DGB goes ahead with a little bit better development and PR strategy, then my guess, yes we may see that price within 4-5 years...
sgi02

Activity: 542
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:17:37 AM

If crypto survives and DGB goes ahead with a little bit better development and PR strategy, then my guess, yes we may see that price within 4-5 years...

I imagine we'll see that price a lot sooner, but whether it stays at that level for any meaningful time is anybody's guess.
Pages: « 1 ... 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 [649] 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: