Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:39:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 [1200] 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058328 times)
pringles1901

Activity: 391
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:42:18 PM

OK let’s do some Maths. If just over 43 million coins are mined in a week and dumped straight to market the price of DGB would not be this low, the markets have traded that many coins just today! So there is obviously someone selling on top of whatever the miners are doing and I’m sure they have their reasons for doing it but as time goes on the miners take will diminish even further.

You are right miners stake will decrease as time goes by...a whooping 1% per month decrease, LOL going to be like 10 years before the profits from dumping will stop....Jez soon there will be no point mining DGB as it will be worth 1 sat at best
you would think that by halving the block times & the rewards would be the same but you would be wrong, its no better for the miners to make more profit thats why there dumping...the likelihood of a miner hitting more blocks per day has doubled, less power, faster transactions to the exchanges to dump...you have handed the dumpsters a goldmine...like i said Digispeed was only a toy to show off with now its gone tits up the investors are paying the price
pringles1901

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:43:48 PM

The only good thing Digispeed has done for the coin is made if far faster for the miners to get them coins to the exchanges to dump them.....Nuff said Cry

The reason i am impatient is because by sitting on DGB for so long i am actually losing money, even though you all think by holding them coins for 1-3 years you will make money you are wrong, if you actually worked out the amount of BTC lost due to the rise & fall of BTC when you could have used the BTC sat in DGB to trade then you will see that sitting on a coin for to long is not a very smart investment, DGB would have to increase by 1000X to get what you have lost, cant see that happening but heck we can all live in the dream world

You are great in complaining. Just show your balance and then the community could decide whether you are just fudding and sitting on 0.2 btc worth of DGB and then we all can decide whether we can ignore you.

No problem will be happy to show you mine if you show me yours...how do i upload images here so i can show you i am not a 0.2btc investor

Just sign a message to that address and post your signature and anyone can verify it.  Go to your wallet, "File" then "Sign message"...

-tb-

Sorry mate i dont have a wallet i have all mine on exchanges
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:48:13 PM

OK let’s do some Maths. If just over 43 million coins are mined in a week and dumped straight to market the price of DGB would not be this low, the markets have traded that many coins just today! So there is obviously someone selling on top of whatever the miners are doing and I’m sure they have their reasons for doing it but as time goes on the miners take will diminish even further.

You are right miners stake will decrease as time goes by...a whooping 1% per month decrease, LOL going to be like 10 years before the profits from dumping will stop....Jez soon there will be no point mining DGB as it will be worth 1 sat at best
you would think that by halving the block times & the rewards would be the same but you would be wrong, its no better for the miners to make more profit thats why there dumping...the likelihood of a miner hitting more blocks per day has doubled, less power, faster transactions to the exchanges to dump...you have handed the dumpsters a goldmine...like i said Digispeed was only a toy to show off with now its gone tits up the investors are paying the price
You completely missed my point, the miners are not responsible for dumping more coins than they are mining because that would be impossible. Trying to blame what is happening in the markets on the miners is just silly!
pringles1901

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:50:04 PM

You completely missed my point, the miners are not responsible for dumping more coins than they are mining because that would be impossible. Trying to blame what is happening in the markets on the miners is just silly!

There you go this is just my Polo account I have plenty more on Bittrex & sadly lots stuck on Cryptsy
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=coq3k&s=9#.VmnmvtKLTGg
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:51:53 PM

If this is true then it's much more serious than some hidden manipulators like people in this forum were talking about.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:54:37 PM

There you go this is just my Polo account I have plenty more on Bittrex & sadly lots stuck on Cryptsy

Wow man, I feel for you, I only have half a million, it's nothing but I still feel I have the right to voice out my opinions. However there's always people hushing us. Hype and false promises is what hurts this community.
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:58:42 PM

I’ve lost sight of which ‘tweedle’ I’m talking to now. 
pringles1901

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:08:01 PM

I’ve lost sight of which ‘tweedle’ I’m talking to now.  

Tweedle Dumb here

Just please tell me & others why Digispeed was introduced right at this time?
What benefit does it actually give to DGB?
I just dont get why DGB actually needs it TBH

Its not like DGB has a huge volume of transaction to deal with everyday
There isnt a big financial institution banging at the door to use the digispeed, dont get me wrong its probably a brilliant thing but not at this point in time, it should have been set up & tested & then held back until its actually got a use for it

I look forward to your reply

MonsterZeroPrice

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:11:43 PM

Digispeed is the corresponding feature to the "Digger" which killed clams.
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:17:01 PM

Wow man, I feel for you, I only have half a million, it's nothing but I still feel I have the right to voice out my opinions. However there's always people hushing us. Hype and false promises is what hurts this community.

No one is hushing you both but you are beating a dead horse with your message.

If you don't like it then sell out and get out of Dodge (not the coin).

It gets old after a while.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
Verias

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:22:14 PM

In my opinion price not yet matters alot.

We got digibyte gaming that is slowly taking off and marketing will also start now.
We recently got digibyte marketplace thats still get's more products every day.

And i'm sure more features are  comming when  we are 100% sure everything is working.

I think this was the best time to do a hardfork.
Now the community is smaller,  If we would have waited with the hardfork untill we had alot more users.
I think then there would have been alot more wallet problems.

Anway thats just what i think. ( i'm just an investor and i have no idea how all these dev stuff work )

Do have to thank you people who where fudding here or to the ones who dumped those coins.
My bags are bigger then ever.
gooldbitx103

Activity: 55
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:26:15 PM

Great, now even if I delete the old wallet and reinstall a new one, this one doesn't open at all...
I'm totally lost.

Note : I delete in roaming the folder with wallet.dat and reinstall an old one (5 days before today), wallet launchs again but it still unable to synchronize. I find again the same problem that at the beginning.
I can suppose the new wallet.dat was the problem that explains I was unable to open the wallet window.
i'm not sure if there is a connection with your problem but i had this kind of things : Wallet core (4.0.0 & 4.0.3 x64 /win7) not launching. (Even the digibyte-4.0.3-win64-setup.exe)
I've found out that the problem was because of my AV Avast.
Try to disable your AV and your firewall if you have one, before launching the core wallet.

http://dgbsupport.digiassetx.com/
https://dgbwiki.com/
Arnault59

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:50:51 PM

Great, now even if I delete the old wallet and reinstall a new one, this one doesn't open at all...
I'm totally lost.

Note : I delete in roaming the folder with wallet.dat and reinstall an old one (5 days before today), wallet launchs again but it still unable to synchronize. I find again the same problem that at the beginning.
I can suppose the new wallet.dat was the problem that explains I was unable to open the wallet window.
i'm not sure if there is a connection with your problem but i had this kind of things : Wallet core (4.0.0 & 4.0.3 x64 /win7) not launching. (Even the digibyte-4.0.3-win64-setup.exe)
I've found out that the problem was because of my AV Avast.
Try to disable your AV and your firewall if you have one, before launching the core wallet.

Thx for your answer. I will try tomorrow, I'm too tired for now:) See you:)

edit : unfortunately, I desactivate my Avira antivirus but nothing changed
gooldbitx103

Activity: 55
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:04:58 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2015, 02:05:49 AM by gooldbitx103

I think this was the best time to do a hardfork.
Now the community is smaller,  If we would have waited with the hardfork untill we had alot more users.
I think then there would have been alot more wallet problems.
+1. I think the same.
Besides, challengers have to take those kinds of risks. It may also draw more attention on DGB.

My bags are bigger then ever.
The same here. Smiley

http://dgbsupport.digiassetx.com/
https://dgbwiki.com/
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:57:22 PM

Pro Tip:

Those guys who are interesting in selling dgb, I would buy up dgb worth 10 btc at 36 sat.

If any are interested, it is a very good offer since dumping dgb worth 10 btc would cause a price at 30 sat.

So you make a nice profit selling to me at 36.

Only a stake of dgb worth 10 btc will be accepted.

Warning: people who are going to accept this offer, use a trusted escrow. You never know who's behind the nickname.

Better advice never seen.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:08:49 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2015, 09:07:00 AM by HR

This is my theory behind all the constant dumps within DGB

If there is 6,209,280 DGB being mined every day that gives you 43,464,960 per week no wonder its being dumped to hell miners are just going to take the profits with BTC so high...DGB aint going nowhere anytime soon...such a shame TBH sometimes its best to not try & fix something thats not broken...digispeed was a big mistake

That's around 100 USD daily at current prices, about 1/2 of average operating costs - if I'm not mistaken - meaning these miners (excepting those robbing their electricity) are PAYING an aggregate 100 USD to mine and dump. It sure must be a lot of fun because we haven't even mentioned the cost of their mining equipment yet.

And for all of that, still only a miniscule drop in the bucket.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:14:57 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2015, 11:53:31 PM by HR

The only good thing Digispeed has done for the coin is made if far faster for the miners to get them coins to the exchanges to dump them.....Nuff said Cry

The reason i am impatient is because by sitting on DGB for so long i am actually losing money, even though you all think by holding them coins for 1-3 years you will make money you are wrong, if you actually worked out the amount of BTC lost due to the rise & fall of BTC when you could have used the BTC sat in DGB to trade then you will see that sitting on a coin for to long is not a very smart investment, DGB would have to increase by 1000X to get what you have lost, cant see that happening but heck we can all live in the dream world

It's just useless, it's like discussing with fanboys. I thought DGB was a good investment for the long run. To me that means it would keep raising in value and gaining more exposure not this BS. We are close to 20s (most of my share was bought at 70-80s sadly) and I guess we should be celebrating something? It was around 120 some weeks ago, DO THE MATH.

All I care is money, it's an investment, I appreciate the effort and work they put into the project but I don't have any emotional attachments. I want the project to do go because it will bring me money. Same with Bitcoin. I do appreciate the technology behind but that's it. It won't cure cancer and watching some recent updates I say it's closer to causing it.

Your time horizon is much closer to that of a speculator than that of investor. Perhaps you might try realling investing just a little for a change - DGB could end up being the "ace up your sleeve".

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:18:24 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2015, 11:52:11 PM by HR

So when are you two going to dump? Complaining in a forum can only negatively impact peoples perception of DGB. So all be it not very much, you are part of the problem regarding the recent DGB price decline. The price is easily manipulated at this point in time and as stated previously, a big (biggest imo) reason for the decline is due to people selling their DGB so they can cash out of BTC to fiat. BTC will level out and go sideways and alts will recover. This will continue to happen so get used or dump me your DGB.

I also don't think digispeed was needed for digibyte to succeed, the changeover came with problems which were expected but digispeed was more a of marketing update then a code update. Dgb team would of been better off putting time into something more constructive instead of testing the difference between 30s(150s per algo) average blocktimes compared to 15s (75s per algo) for over 6 months.

Can you suggest something more productive than incorporating VISA like speed scalability now while risks are lower than they will ever be?

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:48:57 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2015, 09:10:13 AM by HR

I do think we fell short a bit in our efforts to get people updated (especially when compared to past hard forks as can be seen by reading a month or so on either side of this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg7735308;topicseen#msg7735308 ) and a lack of insistence in locking out older versions.  A hard fork is a hard fork, and should always be given the mission critcal decision making criteria it deserves.

On the other hand, if that's the only crticism to be handed out, that of having let our guard down and becoming too lax, of resting on our "laurels", I'll take it as a compliment.

. . . but our attitudes when dealing with major issues still need to become much more like those in mission command/situation rooms.

MonsterZeroPrice

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:53:18 PM

I do think we fell short a bit in our efforts to get people updated (especially when compared to past hard forks as can be seen by reading a month or so on either side of this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg7735308;topicseen#msg7735308 ) and a lack of insistence in locking out older versions.  A hard fork is a hard fork, and should always be given the mission critcal decision making criteria it deserves.

On the other hand, if that's the only crticism to be handed out, that of having let our guard down and becoming too lax, of resting on our "laurels", I'll take it as a compliment.

. . . but we still need to get more "command room" like in the future nonetheless.

WHat will be done if price hits 1 satoshi?

Some whales will controll the market and you know what this means.
Pages: « 1 ... 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 [1200] 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: