Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:42:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 [1248] 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 02:03:04 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2016, 02:20:54 PM by Jumbley

ETH reaction is crazy, just confirms really what I’ve always thought, the market is just not that smart but is always greedy.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 02:18:05 PM

https://twitter.com/Alttrade/status/688002019991367680  Grin

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
pringles1901

Activity: 391
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 04:44:32 PM

LittleTrader

I really dont think people are that interested in DGB anymore you just witnessed that in the Polo troll box

Just having 30BTC sat there doing nothing on polo isnt exactly the best option in the world, most Altcoins attack the markets but you lot just expect people to sell to you at a lose.........the only coins you are getting are mined dumps & game rewards, going to be years before DGB will even look remotely attractive to new investors

Dont get me wrong I too have BTC in those buy orders too but thats only because i have to water down the higher price i paid for DGB in the past

Pringles man don't let your head down like that. A lot of things could happen, possibly DigiByte will hit the Chinese markets and become a common currency in China, you never know.  Wink

b1007 It just frustrates the hell out of me when you read for the past 2 months the reason DGB isnt going up is because Bitcoin is going up, now Bitcoin has started to go down DGB still isnt moving...now that we have ran out of the Bitcoin to blame stopping DGB rising what are you all going to blame next

Maybe you should stop focussing short-term and stay focused on the long term. Personally I even bought some DigiBytes when it was 150 satoshi, looking back it seems foolish but I am into this thing for the long term, and so if there is any coin out there with a real long term prospect that is able to conquer markets worldwide, it's DigiByte. It's all or nothing to me anyway. At what price did you buy most of your stash?
Hi b1007

I purchased my first 1 mil at 96 but since then i have manged to average down to about 58-60 not absolutely sure to be exact as i have them spread over Bittrex & Polinex...But losing another 1.2 million on Cryptsy hasn't exactly helped me out Huh
b1007

Activity: 404

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 05:05:41 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2019, 12:08:58 AM by b1007

LittleTrader

I really dont think people are that interested in DGB anymore you just witnessed that in the Polo troll box

Just having 30BTC sat there doing nothing on polo isnt exactly the best option in the world, most Altcoins attack the markets but you lot just expect people to sell to you at a lose.........the only coins you are getting are mined dumps & game rewards, going to be years before DGB will even look remotely attractive to new investors

Dont get me wrong I too have BTC in those buy orders too but thats only because i have to water down the higher price i paid for DGB in the past

Pringles man don't let your head down like that. A lot of things could happen, possibly DigiByte will hit the Chinese markets and become a common currency in China, you never know.  Wink

b1007 It just frustrates the hell out of me when you read for the past 2 months the reason DGB isnt going up is because Bitcoin is going up, now Bitcoin has started to go down DGB still isnt moving...now that we have ran out of the Bitcoin to blame stopping DGB rising what are you all going to blame next

Maybe you should stop focussing short-term and stay focused on the long term. Personally I even bought some DigiBytes when it was 150 satoshi, looking back it seems foolish but I am into this thing for the long term, and so if there is any coin out there with a real long term prospect that is able to conquer markets worldwide, it's DigiByte. It's all or nothing to me anyway. At what price did you buy most of your stash?
Hi b1007

I purchased my first 1 mil at 96 but since then i have manged to average down to about 58-60 not absolutely sure to be exact as i have them spread over Bittrex & Polinex...But losing another 1.2 million on Cryptsy hasn't exactly helped me out Huh

Sucks you lost at cryptsy, I wouldn't worry too much if I were you though. This is my personal opinion so I don't want to come across as hyping DigiByte, there are no guarantees

I like to speculate
pringles1901

Activity: 391

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 05:43:48 PM

LittleTrader

Pringles man don't let your head down like that. A lot of things could happen, possibly DigiByte will hit the Chinese markets and become a common currency in China, you never know.  Wink
>

Hi b1007

Sucks you lost at cryptsy, but I am fairly confident DigiByte will hit at least 500 sats again this year so I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. This is my personal opinion so I don't want to come across as hyping DigiByte, there are no guarantees, but DigiByte has a lot going for it, it's still under construction. So if I were you I d hold on and enjoy the ride  Wink. 58/60 sats is still a good price in my opinion. What would happen for example if DigiByte becomes a success in China. Each DigiByte will become worth at least a dollar.  Wink but with this crypto game you got to have patience I think

Thanks for the advice much appreciated, I have no intentions of selling it I am in no hurry to get back the BTC i put in to DGB
Its the frustration that gets me most of all like the situation now for example its the perfect time to get new investors in to DGB, Bitcoin going down, Alts being pumped as other seek coins to park there BTC in...a small pump now would cause a buy panic on DGB & once again the attention swings in DGBs favour.......not going to lie to you i have BTC but not enough to cause any waves in the market, but th amount of BTC just sat there doing nothing in buys is just daft.......like putting your money into a bank with zero interset rates & all the while that BTC is going down in $ value..so just put it to work rather than sitting it there waiting for 1k dumps
bitkapp

Activity: 517

aka alaniz

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 06:42:15 PM

talking of developers leaving.

I’ve said before, selling your DigiByte for fiat is crazy, now bitcoin isn’t looking that great either.

https://medium.com/@octskyward/the-resolution-of-the-bitcoin-experiment-dabb30201f7#.mknffukvx

At least you can flip that for DigiByte easily enough!

DigiByte needs to make a serious and energetic effort to recruit Hearn, first by showing him how DGB strictly and faithfully adhears to the original crypto ethos and that it STILL IS a "decentralised form of money" with no “systemically important institutions” and “too big to fail” entities and will never become "a system completely controlled by just a handful of people" because the community's commitment is firmly set on doing just that and there's no better proof of that than the DGB track record. Our Dev team needs to make a concerted effort to communicating these facts to him. Then comes the second part of the challenge: convincing him that his participation will be another key element in making his dream a reality.

Let's get him on board! We're doing everything he says a successful crypto should be doing, so, unless he doesn't really believe in what he says (which I doubt), it should be as easy as counting 1, 2, 3.

I like this very, Very much!

That would be awesome!

bitkapp

aka alaniz

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 07:15:04 PM

That's the biggest joke of all: you buy and sell "ether", the "gas" that "makes it go", and somehow that makes it different? Call it by whatever name you like, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck, or, as in this case, a poorly made decoy.

Oh, and for the rest of what is claimed to be of value, being the "world computer" where anyone can install their private programs to be run from anywhere at anytime, please, don't make me laugh. But, I agree, enough of this for now and will leave it for the time being with a P.T. Barnum quote: "There's a sucker born every minute."

Good discussion, but you're right, we should let others join in too, more than anything with direct comparisons of fundamental aspects, since, as I said before, this is where the real conversation resides. I firmly maintain DGB beats them several times over. Prove me wrong by showing that DGB isn't the hands down winner IN ALL CATEGORIES (if you really compare the essential building blocks and principles . . . which differ not one iota, regardless of what they're called or the name they're given).

When you think about it, when seen from that point of view, that's about as DGB thread related as it gets.  Wink

Again, I don't feel the need to discuss this on this thread but also from a trading perspective, ETH seems to be the hedge of choice for BTC. Also technical fundamentals unfortunately (and I want to stress this because I'm interested in technical aspects of coins) aren't everything when determining the value of a blockchain, its a wide variety of different things (as you've pointed out) and objectively ETH with a market cap of around $70m far exceeds that of DGB (around $1m). Whether you agree with that fact or not is another discussion, the markets perspective is pretty clear imo.

P.S. Please do not interpret this as an attack on DGB. As you can see by the extensive amount of time I have invested into making DGB better that I am firmly in the DGB camp Smiley

HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 08:41:13 PM

That's the biggest joke of all: you buy and sell "ether", the "gas" that "makes it go", and somehow that makes it different? Call it by whatever name you like, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck, or, as in this case, a poorly made decoy.

Oh, and for the rest of what is claimed to be of value, being the "world computer" where anyone can install their private programs to be run from anywhere at anytime, please, don't make me laugh. But, I agree, enough of this for now and will leave it for the time being with a P.T. Barnum quote: "There's a sucker born every minute."

Good discussion, but you're right, we should let others join in too, more than anything with direct comparisons of fundamental aspects, since, as I said before, this is where the real conversation resides. I firmly maintain DGB beats them several times over. Prove me wrong by showing that DGB isn't the hands down winner IN ALL CATEGORIES (if you really compare the essential building blocks and principles . . . which differ not one iota, regardless of what they're called or the name they're given).

When you think about it, when seen from that point of view, that's about as DGB thread related as it gets.  Wink

Again, I don't feel the need to discuss this on this thread but also from a trading perspective, ETH seems to be the hedge of choice for BTC. Also technical fundamentals unfortunately (and I want to stress this because I'm interested in technical aspects of coins) aren't everything when determining the value of a blockchain, its a wide variety of different things (as you've pointed out) and objectively ETH with a market cap of around $70m far exceeds that of DGB (around $1m). Whether you agree with that fact or not is another discussion, the markets perspective is pretty clear imo.

P.S. Please do not interpret this as an attack on DGB. As you can see by the extensive amount of time I have invested into making DGB better that I am firmly in the DGB camp Smiley

If you don't want to talk about the fundamental underpinnings, and only want to focus on market technicals suggesting that they make right and that markets are never irrational and there never was a time when fortunes were made and lost on tulips in Holland, then I agree 100% about the value of that conversation.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:14:08 PM

Be careful everyone with the other exchanges in the coming days and weeks, especially at peak usage times, since there are indications that some may not be fully prepared for the sudden increase in customer numbers. Exercise extra caution for a while.

bitkapp

aka alaniz

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:18:54 PM

If you don't want to talk about the fundamental underpinnings, and only want to focus on market technicals suggesting that they make right and that markets are never irrational and there never was a time when fortunes were made and lost on tulips in Holland, then I agree 100% about the value of that conversation.

I do believe (in general) that markets determine prices for assets better than any one single individual. One obviously has to take into consideration the fact that cryptocurrency markets are highly manipulated; but imo that just identifies a market inefficiency (specifically the fact that there is no regulation).

I don't know how much of a coding/blockchain expert you are and I can only say that I've partially had a look at DGB's codebase and have never looked at the Ethereum codebase. So I don't think I'm informed enough yet to pass on a well founded judgement on the technical attributes of each coin. It could be the case that your right but I personally prefer to study things myself.

Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:53:57 AM

Be careful everyone with the other exchanges in the coming days and weeks, especially at peak usage times, since there are indications that some may not be fully prepared for the sudden increase in customer numbers. Exercise extra caution for a while.

Grin
ghostycc

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

Lovin' Crypto

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:28:39 AM

People are loosing money on any altcoin being pumped after BTC's dive.
As usual xD

I'm not afraid. Waiting and buying more DGB  Wink

Stop these Hype money, get in DGB!
FrenchFrog FTW
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 11:44:13 AM

REMINDER

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
Verias

Activity: 351

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:17:10 PM

wil it be recorded so i can lisen to it when i have time ?
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 02:05:20 PM

^^ Yes!

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:37:32 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2016, 03:59:00 PM by HR

^^ Very good. Please keep us informed!

BTW, how do I eliminate a mistaken "Receiving address" in my DigiByteTip wallet?

Tortoise75

Activity: 346

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:22:06 PM

Indeed, and if Cryptsy actually has to go for the insolvency option there is a chance that the remaining coins are traded elsewhere into one base currency before an attempt to satisfy the debt holders is made. If things go well the coins in individual accounts can be transferred out as is and only Cryptsys own assets are taken, if not everything goes into one pot first.

The situation developing around BTC and its problems might trigger decisions of exchanges to make more base currencies for trading pairs available. For now LTC, DOGE and DASH seem to be the preferred choices. Any ideas how DGB could gain ground to enter into this pool?

A chance would be more possibilities to buy into DGB with fiat currencies. The possibilities are not that plenty with Bitcoin itself, at least if you don't want to use third party payment providers like OKcash, PerfectMoney, Payeer or, in crypto almost unused anyway, PayPal and the like, and are very limited for about any altcoin whatsoever, the only exception, if any, being perhaps LTC. Litebit offers DGB, that's already a good start. But if an altcoin manages to get ahead here, able to be exchanged comfortably and for reasonable costs with fiat on several providers, and being ahead of BTCs problems on the technical side, aka limited transaction bandwidth, confirmation time and perhaps decision stale mate on the coin managing side, then the future holds a chance for it to develop into the next top dog in crypto.
But to be realistic this requires BTC core not being able to pull itself together and made ready for future growth in time and this situation provides the danger of being a major setback for the whole crypto world, especially after it already took a hit with Cryptsy.

Not to be mistaken, I'm sure crypto and block chain is the future, but the currently existing eco system is in somewhat like a race in getting a foothold into mass adoption before Branson, Google, Apple or whomever launch their own version, meaning almost certainly closely tied into and heavily regulated according to their visions of market, profit and monopoly eco systems, and taking everything over by force.
MonsterZeroPrice

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:30:46 PM

What about dumping during the live broadcast?
Verias

Activity: 351

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:35:15 PM

really wanne hear the radio  but it's at night time here  and don't feel like waking up in the middle of the night for a live broadcast :p
bobthenager

Activity: 443
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 08:20:45 PM

Got 15 btc ready to buy interested to hear what Jared has to say tonight. Will buy rest of of dgb in 30's next week if we're still here. Have plenty but just saying I'm willing to support the price if we're still down here next week. Who's with me?
Pages: « 1 ... 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 [1248] 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: