Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:27:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 [1235] 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
bitkapp

Activity: 517
Merit: 500

aka alaniz

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:35:17 PM

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 04:02:09 PM

I can't really understand your points EPLDCC, I'm clearly not part of this "community" as I fail to see what's required of me. I have a purpose for my investments, my goal is to make money, my purpose is personal. The minute I didn't donate this money you can call me greedy if that's your point. I don't care about your definition of greed, it's your personal take on it, for many people investing hundreds or thousands of dollars in a cryptocurrency is nuts from every perspective.

DGB to me is the same to me as many others investments. I'm fond of it, I want the project to do good even if I sell my share but I don't consider I belong to something greater than life or that I can be a better person because of it, I just hold some, that's it. I just invested some money into it and I know the project have serious people behind it. Maybe I'm missing something, it's like I signed up for a sect and I'm not doing my part so I'm being cast out from something I didn't know it was a thing.

The main issue the last couple of months has been the price decrease even while there were plenty of announcements being made. It was discussed here, not because of the glorious members of this community (they mostly tried to keep it as silent as possible which to me is unethical) but because of us, the rest who are not part of it and asked questions while the rest of the thread seemed like a circle jerk reunion. Many got answers (that the market is heavily manipulated and we can do nothing). The truth even if it temporary drives the price further down (or up) is better than the hype and the silence which is what you preach. What's the point of hyping when it's rising if you know it's artificial? Same for being quiet when the price is down with no reason except manipulation. If you are here for the long run, then you call it what it is, any other way is pure dishonesty.
bitkapp

aka alaniz

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 05:10:53 PM

I can't really understand your points EPLDCC, I'm clearly not part of this "community" as I fail to see what's required of me. I have a purpose for my investments, my goal is to make money, my purpose is personal. The minute I didn't donate this money you can call me greedy if that's your point. I don't care about your definition of greed, it's your personal take on it, for many people investing hundreds or thousands of dollars in a cryptocurrency is nuts from every perspective.

DGB to me is the same to me as many others investments. I'm fond of it, I want the project to do good even if I sell my share but I don't consider I belong to something greater than life or that I can be a better person because of it, I just hold some, that's it. I just invested some money into it and I know the project have serious people behind it. Maybe I'm missing something, it's like I signed up for a sect and I'm not doing my part so I'm being cast out from something I didn't know it was a thing.

The main issue the last couple of months has been the price decrease even while there were plenty of announcements being made. It was discussed here, not because of the glorious members of this community (they mostly tried to keep it as silent as possible which to me is unethical) but because of us, the rest who are not part of it and asked questions while the rest of the thread seemed like a circle jerk reunion. Many got answers (that the market is heavily manipulated and we can do nothing). The truth even if it temporary drives the price further down (or up) is better than the hype and the silence which is what you preach. What's the point of hyping when it's rising if you know it's artificial? Same for being quiet when the price is down with no reason except manipulation. If you are here for the long run, then you call it what it is, any other way is pure dishonesty.

Hey man, I think there might be a slight misunderstanding but as you've pointed out your an investor and investors want to see profits; that is absolutely fair and there is nothing wrong with that at all! You haven't signed up for a sect or anything of the sort lol, that's a bit of an exaggeration xD. Now what is fair to say (and as far as I'm concerned this does not apply to you) there are some elements on this forum who, for the past month or so, have done nothing constructive and have just complained and whined about their trading losses. This to me is simply pathetic, if you can't stomach trading losses, don't trade.

At the same time it is slightly disheartening for developers and people who actually invest TIME into this project to see all this negativity surrounding the price, taking the light away from constructive announcements and discussion on the future of digibyte.

I don't really understand your third paragraph and will not make a comment on it.

Again I just want to reiterate that I haven't really read any negative remarks coming from you (I might be wrong, I don't read everything that's posted on this thread).

P.S. Pro Trading Tip: If you can't stomach temporary losses, please refrain from trading xD. Also don't FUD coins you hold, seems logical no? xD

Wysi

Activity: 1624
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 05:20:18 PM

P.S. Pro Trading Tip: If you can't stomach temporary losses, please refrain from trading xD. Also don't FUD coins you hold, seems logical no? xD

Post of the year.

take_off

Activity: 396
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 05:28:27 PM

Post of the year.

lol I agree %100
says it all in very few words
i'm not going to lie i'm going to steal that  Smiley
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 05:44:26 PM

I invested money into DGB when the price was more than twice than it is now. I don't consider myself a trader, I'm more of a investor if you will, however I've no shame in admitting I'm a beginner. Many here were hyping the coin to no end knowing that the price was pumped. Many more are still arguing this is the way to go, to keep quiet when price is down and to basically hype when it's up. What's the point of that? You will get people like me who become infuriated when the coin loses almost all of its value in less than a month.

I did whine about the price, then I understood there's nothing we can really do so I stopped. But my point is that it's better to just discuss it even if it seems like FUD to most (that's just sad) than to leave it alone. DGB project did nothing wrong when the price started to decline and sadly it did nothing that great when it was pumping. For newbies like myself, it's better we get the truth so we can decide for ourselves than to invest in something that it's clearly not what it seems.

I have faith DGB will recover because it's a project that's been around for years already and eventually will stand on its own. I say we must let it learn how to walk by itself even if it tumbles.
Verias

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:26:04 PM

I invested money into DGB when the price was more than twice than it is now. I don't consider myself a trader, I'm more of a investor if you will, however I've no shame in admitting I'm a beginner. Many here were hyping the coin to no end knowing that the price was pumped. Many more are still arguing this is the way to go, to keep quiet when price is down and to basically hype when it's up. What's the point of that? You will get people like me who become infuriated when the coin loses almost all of its value in less than a month.

I did whine about the price, then I understood there's nothing we can really do so I stopped. But my point is that it's better to just discuss it even if it seems like FUD to most (that's just sad) than to leave it alone. DGB project did nothing wrong when the price started to decline and sadly it did nothing that great when it was pumping. For newbies like myself, it's better we get the truth so we can decide for ourselves than to invest in something that it's clearly not what it seems.

I have faith DGB will recover because it's a project that's been around for years already and eventually will stand on its own. I say we must let it learn how to walk by itself even if it tumbles.
Most of us had the same mistakes somewhere. maybe not with the same amount of bitcoins.
But everyone lost somewhere..

I had a few projects i invested in crash completely. i waited and waited but to long and lost all my money i had invested in it.
Now i'm trading a year in a few weeks and i'm proud to say that i recovered fromm all my losses and have 20-30% more bitcoins then the amount of bitcoins i bought.

I myself have alot invested in DGB and i'm sure if u have patients and give it time that DGB wil go back above 100 sat in the future.
I can't promise anything though..

Alot depends what Bitcoin wil do in the comming months..

It's a good idea to keep a few Bitcoins in your bag just in case bitcoin rise is not over.
Bitcoin halving will also happen this year.

As long as Jared and Digibyte team and community keep working on DGB we have a good future ahead.

Only tips i can give u is :
-Don't trade on emotions. if people are hyping on twitter etc, it's likely u are buying their sells.
-Research every coin on your own. don't trust anyone.
-Don't get to greedy
bitkapp

aka alaniz

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:26:47 PM

One thing I've learnt in crypto is that news doesn't cause price growth and pumps and dumps are perpetrated by whales and manipulators for profit. For instance take XMRs most recent release or VNLs recent wallet update; neither of these had a particular dramatic effect on the price. I understand frustration associated with a coins loss in value but patience usually pays off, besides if you call yourself an investor and not a trader then you wont mind holding a coin for a few months. That being said I agree that we should continue discussing even in times of hardship and that's why I've tried to maintain a constant forum presence throughout. DigiByte wont disappoint you that's for sure Tongue.

Anyways good luck with your trading/investing activities and I hope it all turns out for the better Smiley

LittleTrader

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:41:39 PM

That sounds like a great idea!  Smiley

FAO - DGB Supporters/Investors/Traders

I have found a great Website Payments System (https://gourl.io/) that already has a lot of Alt Coins included, they use a voting system to add new coins, it would benefit DGB to be included in their list so lets start voting.

Free Voting URL - https://gourl.io/coin-voting.html

Paid Voting (with BTC) - 1AD1HWBgd2DSxojQuAPy8ta1R9oPmC7Bk5 (Every 0.0004 BTC sent to this address will be counted as 1 vote)

We need around 10,000 votes to be considered - 35,000 votes will grant us priority addition

Thanks for reading, vote and forward the message on.
Verias

Activity: 351

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:46:37 PM

That sounds like a great idea!  Smiley

I have found a great Website Payments System (https://gourl.io/) that already has a lot of Alt Coins included, they use a voting system to add new coins, it would benefit DGB to be included in their list so lets start voting.

Paid Voting (with BTC) - 1AD1HWBgd2DSxojQuAPy8ta1R9oPmC7Bk5 (Every 0.0004 BTC sent to this address will be counted as 1 vote)

We need around 10,000 votes to be considered - 35,000 votes will grant us priority addition

If alot of the community want it then i'll help. but for now i'll wait and see how other members  think about it
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:53:07 PM

Thanks for your replies, basically I'm not too worried about it since I planned to hold for the long term, I didn't sell nor even think of selling my share because I know DGB has a good future. I will be lying if I didn't admit that it was stressful though, many here are "early adopters" so 30 satoshis is still a good price if you got in at 10, but if someone bought at 80-90 like me just to see the value drops to 30 in less than a month I think it's not that difficult to understand our frustration.
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 07:24:02 PM

Two sides of DigiByte!   Cheesy

recommended for traders!  Grin
and

for everyone else. Grin
hammo

Activity: 493

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 07:32:10 PM

You are welcome here, as far as I’m concerned and so are your comments if that’s your opinion.  It’s not as if you do not have a vested personal interest and I also hope you might find other ways to get involved. I’d love to spend some DigiByte in Wales. Grin

"DigiByte in Wales", that's just given me an idea, I will create a web store for traditional Welsh items and sell them only using DGB, maybe this mini project could be mirrored in other countries to sell their unique traditional nicknacks. and all linked together somehow.

What's the best PHP/MySQL store script that's compatible with DGB ?

I've previously used Opencart and used the Coinpayments Integrations as it works seamlessly.

My advice is for people to get their stores up and running with BTC first then when we have critical mass we lobby a payment processor like coinpayments to add us to the list. Payment Processors want to know we aren't wasting their time and have some transactional volume.

The biggest hurdle will be getting people to part with their DGB.

Start with BTC and then you know you have a real business.
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 07:40:13 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2016, 08:17:45 PM by Jumbley

You are welcome here, as far as I’m concerned and so are your comments if that’s your opinion.  It’s not as if you do not have a vested personal interest and I also hope you might find other ways to get involved. I’d love to spend some DigiByte in Wales. Grin

"DigiByte in Wales", that's just given me an idea, I will create a web store for traditional Welsh items and sell them only using DGB, maybe this mini project could be mirrored in other countries to sell their unique traditional nicknacks. and all linked together somehow.

What's the best PHP/MySQL store script that's compatible with DGB ?

I've previously used Opencart and used the Coinpayments Integrations as it works seamlessly.

My advice is for people to get their stores up and running with BTC first then when we have critical mass we lobby a payment processor like coinpayments to add us to the list. Payment Processors want to know we aren't wasting their time and have some transactional volume.

The biggest hurdle will be getting people to part with their DGB.

Start with BTC and then you know you have a real business.
Perhaps it would be a good idea to get a workshop together, maybe in our own forum somewhere, where people could possibly help each other with advise and resources.
http://www.digibyteforum.com/index.php?action=recent
pringles1901

Activity: 391

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 08:23:04 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2016, 08:45:59 PM by pringles1901

That sounds like a great idea!  Smiley

I hate to rain on your parade but they did once accept DGB but as there was no real cause or merchants didnt want to accept it they removed it from there list...I know this for a fact as I have an account there & used to accept DGB on my web site...They emailed me a fair few months ago & ask me to remove all links requesting DGB as a payment option...sorry DGB isnt as popular as you think it is

So as to not be accused of being negative this payment gateway does accept DGB
https://litepaid.com/account/pay-settings
LittleTrader

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 08:39:23 PM

I hate to rain on your parade but they did once accept DGB but as there was no real cause or merchants didnt want to accept it they removed it from there list...I know this for a fact as I have an account there & used to accept DGB on my web site...They emailed me a fair few months ago & ask me to remove all links requesting DGB as a payment option...sorry DGB isnt as popular as you think it is

I am going to call you on your comment, below are links to the GoURL website over time and there was never a DGB option available.

Could you provide proof that they have had DGB integrated into their system, if not could you confirm that your comment contained a fib (lie, untruth, fud)

Dec 17 2014 - https://web.archive.org/web/20141217224759/https://gourl.io/

Jan 29 2015 - https://web.archive.org/web/20150129012518/https://gourl.io/

Apr 01 2015 - https://web.archive.org/web/20150401085301/https://gourl.io/

Jun 22 2015 - https://web.archive.org/web/20150622051944/https://gourl.io/

Oct 10 2015 - https://web.archive.org/web/20151010022142/https://www.gourl.io/
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 08:45:52 PM

I am going to call you on your comment, below are links to the GoURL website over time and there was never a DGB option available.

Could you provide proof that they have had DGB integrated into their system, if not could you confirm that your comment contained a fib (lie, untruth, fud)

DigiByte is not as popular as most of us would like it to be, this is certainly something for the community to be working on. Not by hype, fud or bs but by building solid foundations together and workings out ways to do the things we would like to do within our own community. We would all like to see an autonomous economic system grow out of DigiByte but these things do not happen overnight, not even if you have vastly superior funding compared to what we really have, which is mainly each other!
pringles1901

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 08:49:46 PM

Jesus mate they dont list every coin they accept on there front page, I dont have any proof they did or did not but i can assure i have no need to lie, in fact i have edited my original post with some constructive comments & link to a web site payment option that does accept DGB

https://litepaid.com/account/pay-settings
LittleTrader

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 08:56:52 PM

Thanks for the info, exactly what I was looking for.
pringles1901

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 08:59:25 PM

Your welcome its about time i did something right for a change its going to be my New Year resolution for DGB  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 [1235] 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: