Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 10:24:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058436 times)
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 09:22:39 PM

Some suggestions to get the Network Hashrate up and increase the value include:

• Kimoto Gravity Well Implementation
  • Block Reward Halving at some point or reduction
  • DGB/BTC Exchange
  • Update on current plans by developers
We are looking into the best possible solution for the Difficulty re-target. The Gravity well is being considered but we are not sure if it is necessary. Giving the coin a 3-5 minute re-target window might have the same effect.

We are still working on the exchange. The biggest issue is legality now that individual states are going after crypto exchanges.

DigiByte Team: Keep up your great work!
And please don't change anything regarding to the coin. We need a growing community and not some quick profit modifications for the dumpers
+1

Thank you for your feedback!

We are tempted to leave things alone as far as the re target or block reward goes for several reasons.

1) Implementing the gravity well is not much different than changing the difficulty re-target to every 60 seconds. The later would be much easier to implement.

2) Having a 2.4 hour re-target often allows us to be in the top three most profitable coins for quite awhile on CoinWarz. This is great for advertising as many miners check this site often. Yes people are playing the re-target game and jump back and forth and you can watch the hash move up and down every few hours, but if it keeps people paying attention to the coin why is this such a bad thing? This was also our intent when we designed the coin. We wanted the coin to be attractive to every one. Including multipools. But not so attractive they would kill the coin off. There is a very powerful psychological boost when people see a coin is "the most profitable" to mine.

3) With almost 15,000 wallets now in existence a mandatory "update" or "Hard fork" could spell disaster for DigiByte. There are many new users who picked up DigiByte that do not understand what that means.

4) Reducing the current block reward would make DigiByte more valuable to existing holders in the short term, but it the long run it would not effect the total volume or market cap. We feel this would work against our goal of being a transaction currency. If anything we need more coins.

5) We will not increase the block reward either. Many people have invested thousands of dollars into DigiByte and it would not be fair or ethical to them to increase the block reward and then decrease the value of their coins over night.

6) At this point we are not in a "bad" place. Yes, many new people are expecting huge pay offs overnight, but this is not realistic. It has been a rough week for Bitcoin and cryptos but things will get better.

7) We feel any "radical" changes to the coin software or structure would not be fair or ethical to investors. We feel a steady commitment to solid development, advertising and consistent growth is the way to go. Once again we are in this for the long haul. Much brighter days lay ahead!

terracide

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:26:23 PM

• DGB/BTC Exchange
We are looking into the best possible solution for the Difficulty re-target. The Gravity well is being considered but we are not sure if it is necessary. Giving the coin a 3-5 minute re-target window might have the same effect.

We are still working on the exchange. The biggest issue is legality now that individual states are going after crypto exchanges.

And please don't change anything regarding to the coin. We need a growing community and not some quick profit modifications for the dumpers
+1

We are tempted to leave things alone as far as the re target or block reward goes for several reasons.

1) Implementing the gravity well is not much different than changing the difficulty re-target to every 60 seconds. The later would be much easier to implement.

2) Having a 2.4 hour re-target often allows us to be in the top three most profitable coins for quite awhile on CoinWarz. This is great for advertising as many miners check this site often. Yes people are playing the re-target game and jump back and forth and you can watch the hash move up and down every few hours, but if it keeps people paying attention to the coin why is this such a bad thing? This was also our intent when we designed the coin. We wanted the coin to be attractive to every one. Including multipools. But not so attractive they would kill the coin off. There is a very powerful psychological boost when people see a coin is "the most profitable" to mine.

3) With almost 15,000 wallets now in existence a mandatory "update" or "Hard fork" could spell disaster for DigiByte. There are many new users who picked up DigiByte that do not understand what that means.

4) Reducing the current block reward would make DigiByte more valuable to existing holders in the short term, but it the long run it would not effect the total volume or market cap. We feel this would work against our goal of being a transaction currency. If anything we need more coins.

5) We will not increase the block reward either. Many people have invested thousands of dollars into DigiByte and it would not be fair or ethical to them to increase the block reward and then decrease the value of their coins over night.

6) At this point we are not in a "bad" place. Yes, many new people are expecting huge pay offs overnight, but this is not realistic. It has been a rough week for Bitcoin and cryptos but things will get better.

7) We feel any "radical" changes to the coin software or structure would not be fair or ethical to investors. We feel a steady commitment to solid development, advertising and consistent growth is the way to go. Once again we are in this for the long haul. Much brighter days lay ahead!

You know it's easy to make a wallet check for an update when starting? I mean it's peanuts to incorporate that small feature and it will help for all future updates. I still do not understand why others did not use this simple feature in the wallets. You can even make the wallet unusable as long as there is an update that is newer as the one installed.
Snotty

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:33:51 PM

<..>
You know it's easy to make a wallet check for an update when starting? I mean it's peanuts to incorporate that small feature and it will help for all future updates. I still do not understand why others did not use this simple feature in the wallets. You can even make the wallet unusable as long as there is an update that is newer as the one installed.

Same goes for creating a default.conf file to avoid out of sync issues, which makes many less experienced users to just drop the coin. This default QT is hugely outdated by all means, especially design and usability...
Nocturnal2112

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 09:41:01 PM

Hello all

I've just finished building a rig and I'm looking for the best coin to mine. Come across Digibyte and so I though I'd give someone who knows more about altcoins than me ( namely everyone) a chance to tell me why I should pick this one?  Save me reading 271 pages of posts to find out where this coin is going and whats its prospects are please!

IMHO this is a coin to mine, and hold for a while, it has numerous things going for it that most others do not, including some of the bigger market capped ones. This coin's day is coming.

Personally, when looking for mining coins, I try to find ones that look like the dev's care about them, and have potential to go somewhere, rather than just mine and dump coins. Some of those are profitable in the moment, but are what I consider crapcoins and that I have no intention of holding.

You can tell a lot from the coin's website for one. Ones that have a "wordpress blog" or something thrown together, rather than a real domain/design, are probably crapcoins. After all... If they don't care what the website looks like, they probably don't give 2 shits about the coin either.

But in all honesty, they are all a crapshoot, and nobody knows for sure on any coin. Just take your best guess, and hope for the best...Good Luck man.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 09:42:27 PM

<..>

Same goes for creating a default.conf file to avoid out of sync issues, which makes many less experienced users to just drop the coin. This default QT is hugely outdated by all means, especially design and usability...

You both have valid points. The update issue will be address in time. However, some updates still do require a hard fork or mandatory update if they are to be implemented.

There should not be any out of sync issues as that is built into the code. If anyone is having any issues please let us know right away. The equivalent of the DigiByte.conf is in the source code. Plus we have two super node servers that have been great at handling initial wallet syncs and peer seeding.

terracide

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:43:11 PM

<..>

Exactly. And using a dynamic conf file is also not that hard.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 09:58:27 PM

We would like to encourage everyone to check out the exchange CryptX: https://cryptx.io/home. We have executed a few trades and the engine appears to be very fast. We also did not have any trouble with withdrawals.

Also Coinmarket.io is very fast and has been doing a great job since they launched! https://www.coinmarket.io/market/DGBBTC

So has crypto rush: https://cryptorush.in/index.php?p=trading&m=DGB&b=BTC!

By helping build up these other exchanges we can make not only make DigiByte stronger but the entire crypto community!

sakkosekk

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:04:19 PM

We would like to encourage everyone to check out the exchange CryptX: https://cryptx.io/home. We have executed a few trades and the engine appears to be very fast. We also did not have any trouble with withdrawals.

Also Coinmarket.io is very fast and has been doing a great job since they launched! https://www.coinmarket.io/market/DGBBTC

By helping build up these other exchanges we can make not only make DigiByte stronger but the entire crypto community!

I'll check out cryptx.io Smiley
SkillRoad

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:05:34 PM

Painful seeing the price under 100, need it to go back up to about 160 so i can dump all my DGB.

That's quite selfish...
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:30:17 PM

If you have not already make sure to vote for DigiByte here as the most promising alt coin of 2014: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=359521.0

- aka The "DigiMan"
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 10:41:07 PM

Hello all

I've just finished building a rig and I'm looking for the best coin to mine. Come across Digibyte and so I though I'd give someone who knows more about altcoins than me ( namely everyone) a chance to tell me why I should pick this one?  Save me reading 271 pages of posts to find out where this coin is going and whats its prospects are please!

IMHO this is a coin to mine, and hold for a while, it has numerous things going for it that most others do not, including some of the bigger market capped ones. This coin's day is coming.

Personally, when looking for mining coins, I try to find ones that look like the dev's care about them, and have potential to go somewhere, rather than just mine and dump coins. Some of those are profitable in the moment, but are what I consider crapcoins and that I have no intention of holding.

You can tell a lot from the coin's website for one. Ones that have a "wordpress blog" or something thrown together, rather than a real domain/design, are probably crapcoins. After all... If they don't care what the website looks like, they probably don't give 2 shits about the coin either.

But in all honesty, they are all a crapshoot, and nobody knows for sure on any coin. Just take your best guess, and hope for the best...Good Luck man.

+1 Thank you for the feedback!

alz

Activity: 227

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:52:42 PM

Painful seeing the price under 100, need it to go back up to about 160 so i can dump all my DGB.

That's quite selfish...

It is , but more than that it also an extremely shortsigted, immature and sadly very common response when a coin does not perform according to unrealistic expectations.
It reminds me of my 4 year old daughter trying to achieve some new task for the first time quickly becoming dejected and reacting with self defeating anger!

Still at least this myriad of new "investors" with the mental and emotional age of a toddler provide calmer heads with plenty of opportunity to profit,even though the trade off seems to be having to read post after post of embarrassing hissy fits every time the price dips due to market forces!

BTC - 1GJ2dWf8WBznTtkuuof3WTBXQAULaqVGYj LTC - LTyCKKCGHJQZwsh5YhyzGeee4womQwChUU DASH - Xp5pq62dgJxmbhawyNtWMKT9Rst8JgNCY7
mintzone

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:56:58 PM

• DGB/BTC Exchange

+1

Some good stuff being said here.
Keep up the good work and we'll all keep mining, and then some  Grin

DGB is my and the future's coin of choice! Don't cry if you don't invest Wink
Snotty

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:06:29 PM

I'll check out cryptx.io Smiley

Hi!

Owner of CryptX.io here.

I'm extremely happy to see you using my exchange.

Please let me know if there's anything you'd like to see me do or add.

Cheers,

Nick

Could you remove the troll image from MAX/BTC pair? I understand the gesture, but it really looks very unprofessional...
Digibitten

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:09:29 PM

Well, what do you think, has the fall leveled off now? I remember just a few weeks ago when I first came across DigiByte there were people posting here about DGB never making it past 55 satoshi and others arguing/hoping that it would hit 100. If being back around 100 is it bottoming out for awhile, I have no complaints. Yes, I bought in at a higher price multiple times, but this is nowhere near the end price for DGB. Let's not forget that it has not even hit it's 1 month anniversary yet. One more day and we can celebrating that milestone. And while I am being sarcastic saying "milestone", we really could use the one month anniversary as a promotional tool. Why not throw DGB a party???
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:26:46 PM

Since you are reading this could you add the trailing spaces to prices? I'ts easier to see something is 20 satoshi if it's 0.00000020 than if it is 0.0000002.

PS. Nice touch with the maxcoin button. Smiley
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 12:54:04 AM

Thanks to the great work of Instacash we have updated the Mac OSX wallet with a .dmg download!

If anyone is still having Mac OSX wallet issues please let us know.

http://www.digibyte.co/sites/digibyte.co/files//crypto/DigiByte-MacOSX.dmg

Also as far as an app for the Iphone goes, there will be none. Apple has made it very clear they will remove any cryptocurrency related application from the iTunes store.

aimnano

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:17:39 AM

https://pool.chunky.ms/doge/site_assets/chunky/img/chunky_small_2.png

Hey DigiByte thread, looking for a place to mine DGB? Join us at Chunky Pool!

• Brand new dashboard/homepage!
  • No fees
  • SSL encryption
  • Custom MPOS layout
  • Support and a wonderful community @ irc.freenode.net #chunky
  • We are equipped to withstand thousands of workers
  • Excellent stability and uptime

Pools
  • Dogecoin - port 3333
  • Earthcoin - port 3334
  • RonPaulCoin - port 3335
  • Lottocoin - port 3336
  • Stablecoin - port 3337
  • 42coin - port 3338
  • Digibyte - port 3339
  • Litecoin - port 3340
  • Klondikecoin - port 3341
  • Leafcoin - port 3342
  • Potcoin - port 4200
  • Multiport - port 6666

We are miners just like you. We started this pool because we were sick of trying to find pools that didn't go down all the time. We are committed to making a better mining environment for you and for ourselves.

https://pool.chunky.ms/
jeff88

Activity: 84

Cryptosaur's dev

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:46:01 AM

Digibyte added to Cryptosaur, extension for Google Chrome and Opera
See more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=458091

Cryptosaur — cryptocurrency ticker for Google Chrome and Opera. (MAX, DOGE, DGB, QRK, EAC, VTC, Q2C, LTC, UTC, LOT, USDe, LEAF, MEOW, NXT)
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 02:22:41 AM

Digibyte added to Cryptosaur, extension for Google Chrome and Opera
See more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=458091
Awesome! Thank you, we will spread the word!

Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: