Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:20:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946566 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
droideggs

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:40:24 AM

are there any additional nodes for this coin? it's awfully hard to sync with the wallet.

just let the wallet run for 15 mins. have downloaded the wallet today, first it didn't sync but after some time everything worked out Smiley

Mining this coin now, seems like my R9 290 Tri-x doesn't like the scrypt algo, only scrypt jane  Grin

nah that's not the issue. i get 0 node connections. I check %appdata% and i see there is no .conf file

are there any nodes out there for utc? thanks in advanced.

i really urge you guys to fix wallet sync issues. this kind of basic stuff that doesn't get resolved kills the viability of the coin. just sayin...

jacobshm

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:40:49 AM

i just got word freshmarket is being held hostage  Angry

this message was posted in the chatbox or coinex.pw

UTC_Ultracoin:

I'm really sorry to say this, but it seems that our security system wasn't enough. Just now i received a message from someone that he has hacked our exchange, and if we want to stop this, we have to pay 10 BTC. Obviously, we are not going to pay our users' money, and we temporarily closed the exchange. We have made an secutity audit to see what's missing, and found ~1200 LTC stolen (nearly 40% of all LTC), nearly ~50% of LEAFcoins, and ~20% NYANcoins. All other currencies remained nearly unchanged. Just now we deciding what refund can we make (dev team has nearly 200 LTC on their own, and i can give up some too). We will make a message after we have an agreement. We will 100% refund all other (not-leaf, nyan or LTC) currencies, and try to refund as much ltc as we can. As i see, it was sql-injection, but it doesn't helped him much - all passwords are stored as hashed ones. So he just brute-forced all low-security passwords to steal their money. So if you haven't got email auth - it is possible that your account was just jacked. I also have possible ideas about openex malware in source code, but without proofs i can't do anything.

I think im going to be physically sick... Lips sealed i transferred 90 litecoins there an hour before i went to sleep just to support bumface's new coin, bought over 2.5k UTC and had the rest on order, what the fucking hell. And no i haven't been holding them since they were a penny, those were a major part of my investments...

This is why cryptos are doomed to fail.

This is why the average joe should never touch BTC or anything like it. There is way too much risk for regular folks and way too much profit for some piece of shit hacker.

This grand experiment is a mistake.
droideggs

Activity: 118

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:41:53 AM

UTC_Ultracoin:

I'm really sorry to say this, but it seems that our security system wasn't enough. Just now i received a message from someone that he has hacked our exchange, and if we want to stop this, we have to pay 10 BTC. Obviously, we are not going to pay our users' money, and we temporarily closed the exchange. We have made an secutity audit to see what's missing, and found ~1200 LTC stolen (nearly 40% of all LTC), nearly ~50% of LEAFcoins, and ~20% NYANcoins. All other currencies remained nearly unchanged. Just now we deciding what refund can we make (dev team has nearly 200 LTC on their own, and i can give up some too). We will make a message after we have an agreement. We will 100% refund all other (not-leaf, nyan or LTC) currencies, and try to refund as much ltc as we can. As i see, it was sql-injection, but it doesn't helped him much - all passwords are stored as hashed ones. So he just brute-forced all low-security passwords to steal their money. So if you haven't got email auth - it is possible that your account was just jacked. I also have possible ideas about openex malware in source code, but without proofs i can't do anything.

I think im going to be physically sick... Lips sealed i transferred 90 litecoins there an hour before i went to sleep just to support bumface's new coin, bought over 2.5k UTC and had the rest on order, what the fucking hell. And no i haven't been holding them since they were a penny, those were a major part of my investments...

This is why the average joe should never touch BTC or anything like it. There is way too much risk for regular folks and way too much profit for some piece of shit hacker.

It's why Crypto exchanges should be REGULATED. Plain and simple.

jacobshm

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:46:52 AM

UTC_Ultracoin:

It's why Crypto exchanges should be REGULATED. Plain and simple.

I finally get it, i didnt during the NYS Reg hearings but now i do. The government is right, fuck me Huh
Mika67

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:53:31 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 11:13:44 AM by Mika67

UTC_Ultracoin:

For the exact same reason we're @the same page, I also put my Ltc there to prebuy utc.

I guess we are being frauded > unfortunately very bad rep marketing for this industry Sad

But now my next qst off course is, can we trust the other well known sides? whom we can trust anyway still?
jacobshm

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:01:51 AM

UTC_Ultracoin:

For the exact same reason we're @the same page, I also put my Ltc there to prebuy utc.

I guess we are being frauded > unfortunately very bad rep marketing for this industry Sad

My stuff is sitting here: http://ltc.block-explorer.com/address/LQBAApr6CaP8KUbFEwddpQK4gamXgvfWCe

But now my next qst off course is, can we trust the other well known sides? whom we can trust anyway still?

What are your options? Lets see... MtGox is on the verge of insolvency and is about to pull the same exact stunt but on a scale of several hundred million dollars and BTC-E is in the crosshairs of the Russians, and for every purehearted generous idealist there are ten animals willing to do literally anything to ruin this next evolution of humanity.

Congratulations.
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:02:37 AM

Freshmarket will start refunding UTC & LTC within the next few hours.
But they only have about 75% of LTC to refund apparently.
So you might get around 75% of your LTC back and 100% of UTC.
It sux.... but better than losing it all.

tabnk

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:04:32 AM

Let's get rich in few days time.

THERE WAS BTC, there is LTC and there shall UTC.

Lot of USD$ will reach our pocket soon.

DONT STOP MINE, otherwise it is too late on Feb 7 onwards.
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:05:48 AM

https://crypto-trade.com/ is a silver member of Bitcoin Foundation. (same level as Coinbase etc)
https://members.bitcoinfoundation.org/current

Also, they've been around for years. So in a way, more trust-worthy than few weeks/months old exchanges.

ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:05:58 AM

Omg I had a lucky day then. Had some 400 UTC sitting there and decided to pull them out a few hours ago. Not much I know but I would have been pissed. Fkn a holes. I feel for you guys that lost. This is great advertising for UTC as well. My conspiracy mind is spinning, somewhat. Have to get my aluminum foil on to try and stop the voices from telling me to clean the guns....

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
tabnk

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:06:56 AM

I'm have huge amount of BTC at there. Cheesy

UTC_Ultracoin:

My stuff is sitting here: http://ltc.block-explorer.com/address/LQBAApr6CaP8KUbFEwddpQK4gamXgvfWCe

What are your options? Lets see... MtGox is on the verge of insolvency and is about to pull the same exact stunt but on a scale of several hundred million dollars and BTC-E is in the crosshairs of the Russians, and for every purehearted generous idealist there are ten animals willing to do literally anything to ruin this next evolution of humanity.

Congratulations.
tabnk

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:09:16 AM

Didn't know that Smiley.

https://crypto-trade.com/ is a silver member of Bitcoin Foundation. (same level as Coinbase etc)
https://members.bitcoinfoundation.org/current

Also, they've been around for years. So in a way, more trust-worthy than few weeks/months old exchanges.
podizzle

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:11:31 AM

how will our money be refunded? i deposited 150ltc there last night now i am supposed to accept it is all gone?
Magnier

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:15:11 AM

WTB Ultracoin, PM if you are interested in selling some
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 11:22:04 AM

http://binaryfund.co.uk/  will take UTC. This exchange is brand new and will launch soon!!

i have gotten a sneak peak into the trading platform and it looks wonderfull!

They have spent a long time on developing and they are professionals.This exchange will be big.

jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:23:13 AM

how will our money be refunded? i deposited 150ltc there last night now i am supposed to accept it is all gone?

So far, it's not ALL gone it seems. But about 24% may be gone.
You may get around 110 LTC back going by what they are saying.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=431365.520

Mika67

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:30:18 AM

http://binaryfund.co.uk/  will take UTC. This exchange is brand new and will launch soon!!

i have gotten a sneak peak into the trading platform and it looks wonderfull!

They have spent a long time on developing and they are professionals.This exchange will be big.

I guess we've other worries now rather than putting our money on a brand new site Sad

Losing it again?? I don't think so...

(ps: I assume Ive to check the security settings of these sites myself)
Chrisvallee

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:05:52 PM

UTC_Ultracoin:

Very bad, very sad. 
Mika67

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:06:59 PM

The fact is explanations are shadddy !

Funds were partialy hacked. Probably weak accounts, but if you don't have access to your account, how to know if you are concerned.
No server logs? history ? LTC adress to trace ? Mmmm

What ? some guys use '123' as password and we have to pay ?

I do agree with you, they are trying to let us pay for their bad security management. the hacker was actually on the forum mentioning the site owners account he did hack earlier.
tabnk

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:39:56 PM

1.4 GH/S at the moment. GOOD TO MINE MORE !!!

{
"blocks" : 10705,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 10.21626727,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 1456951869,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false,
"Nfactor" : 9,
"N" : 1024
}
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: