Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:44:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 297 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s  (Read 346282 times)
jgm_coin

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:26:39 AM

I just received my ant.  Fastest shipping I've ever seen from china!  Ordered last monday and it came this monday so about 7 days to arrive.  Hashing at 180 as expected.  Great deal, thanks!

Super quiet (more quiet than my scrypt mining rig) and running quite cool.  Only slightly warm air at the end of the tunnel.  Excellent hardware so far.  Now lets see if it lasts long enough to get my investment back...

Rent out your rig for up to 100% more than you can mine http://tinyurl.com/lc5axo2
Kaega

Activity: 158

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:03:01 AM

I am not pleased with the delivery of sub-optimal units direct from BitMain.  My sushi units were always "new" out of box, including that fresh electronic smell and none of my previous 6 had the extremely excessive paste issue.

However, the two units I received today, the 27th after ordering on the 21st, are below expectations and sadly a blow to my confidence in further buys.  They were double boxed and taped (unlike the single box from the Sushi GBuys).

Photo Album

Protect your coin: Buy a Treznor
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:15:52 AM

Mining Stably, Delivering on Time, if not Pre-Shipped.

Hello community,

Thanks for your great support for Bitmain and his product, Antminer S1. at Jan 15th,  Beijing Time 23:00, The S1 is available again, the last batch before the Chinese New Year.

All these product will be shipped before Jan 25th, and this is our promise. Then, please don't forget that Bitmain pre-ships, which means lots of units will be shipped out on this Saturday.

TWO of mine shipped on the 25th :
Shenzhen, China   
01/25/2014    11:30 P.M.   Arrival Scan
01/25/2014    11:10 P.M.   Departure Scan
01/25/2014    10:37 P.M.   Origin Scan
China    01/25/2014    1:01 A.M.   Order Processed: Ready for UPS

another two (2 packages in a tracking number) shipped on the 27th and currently show 'EXCEPTION' status in yellow on the UPS site with on-time delivery anticipated for the 29th.
 01/28/2014    12:42 A.M.   Package data processed by brokerage. Waiting for clearance.
Shenzhen, China   
01/28/2014    1:00 A.M.   Arrival Scan
01/28/2014    12:30 A.M.   Departure Scan
01/27/2014    7:24 P.M.   Origin Scan
China    01/27/2014    12:34 A.M.   Order Processed: Ready for UPS

would be nice to see some coupons for the orders that were shipped on or after the 25th, considering one of my 1.9BTC units came last week

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
mjadid

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:08:05 AM

My miner get stuck again in costumes after Mombai problem, and yesterday i called UPS to work on this i hope it will be solved ASAP. Undecided
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 253

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:26:39 AM

I am not pleased with the delivery of sub-optimal units direct from BitMain.  My sushi units were always "new" out of box, including that fresh electronic smell and none of my previous 6 had the extremely excessive paste issue.

However, the two units I received today, the 27th after ordering on the 21st, are below expectations and sadly a blow to my confidence in further buys.  They were double boxed and taped (unlike the single box from the Sushi GBuys).

At least someone tried to clean them, did they try to scare them with a can of spray air ? edit  : on further lookin thats the shape of the fan, no scaring necessary

So by the looks of it, if you received a unit where the thermal paste has ran then you have got a unit that has been mined with in a very hot dirty Chinese mine.

and the guy who has the job of cleaning and re-packaging will be having a carer change shortly..

I nearly ordered 1 myself and now am glad I didn't.

edit 2 : interested if you removed the heat sink whether it is noticeable that the paste has run from top to bottom

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 253

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:51:09 AM

You think will catch fire ? there is good breeze and cold air. I really want to move rig to more space and room. I bought some WIFI extenders but they are a lump of **** How do you suppose I get ethernet about 20m from my home to my out door venue without running a cable ? or power line addaptors, I thought about setting up a bridge between router and building but need to find a good access point any ideas ? 

from experience i would NOT recommend powerline adapters, although am still on them currently and they are working they loose connection at random.

Lan is always the best solution..

Catenary wire perhaps ?

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
flipNstack

Activity: 127

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:01:12 AM

got mine today(new version v1.6 1/4/14), both dont have the major dust problem like other have shown, one has almost no thermal paste out of place, while the other has the bleeding thermal paste coming out of both sides...

im trying to set up, havent done much but short the psu and read sushi's notes along with the threads a few times.

machine ip is:  192.168.1.xx  
my ip is:         192.168.1.xx

following sushi's initial steps to Setup IP address on my computer
http://postimg.org/image/ts78f2cb9/

when i select Use the following IP address (to enter his suggestions), it no longer lets me select Obtain DNS server automatically is this ok because sushi's instructions say to select the Obtain DNS server automatically field
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:05:02 AM

got mine today(new version v1.6 1/4/14), both dont have the major dust problem like other have shown, one has almost no thermal paste out of place, while the other has the bleeding thermal paste coming out of both sides...

im trying to set up, havent done much but short the psu and read sushi's notes along with the threads a few times.

machine ip is:  192.168.1.xx  
my ip is:         192.168.1.xx

following sushi's initial steps to Setup IP address on my computer
http://postimg.org/image/ts78f2cb9/

when i select Use the following IP address (to enter his suggestions), it no longer lets me select Obtain DNS server automatically is this ok because sushi's instructions say to select the Obtain DNS server automatically field

Firstly, if your PC is already in the 192.168.1.xx range before you started you don't need to do anything just connect to the antminer.

But if it isn't then thats correct, once you go manual you have to enter dns server manually

But, you don't need a dns server to connect to the antminer, so either leave it blank or use 8.8.8.8 (Googles public DNS) it makes no difference because you won't be able to reach it anyway unless your network is already in the 192.168.1.xx range before you started.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
pedrosoft

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:05:32 AM

Hi, guys.

Bitmain on his website say that "Shipping-out starts on Feb 8th." When they start taking new orders? A few days before?

What do you think ? What is the right price for you ?
Gamer67

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:06:14 AM

One of mine came with some dust and upon further inspection just now after seeing the photos above, I see that there is a bit of paste bleed. Nothing to the extent that is shown above though. The other unit had no dust and no bleed. Both units came very well packed in separate boxes with no damage at all.

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
Gamer67

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:08:33 AM

Hi, guys.

Bitmain on his website say that "Shipping-out starts on Feb 8th." When they start taking new orders? A few days before?

I would wait for him to get back. There was some talk about new prices. I am thinking around 1.5

Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:16:55 AM

Hi, guys.

I would wait for him to get back. There was some talk about new prices. I am thinking around 1.5

No way, to have the same break-even time as a January antminer @ 1.9 BTC a February one needs to be closer to 1.0-1.2 BTC given the difficulty increase. Even then it won't return as much as a January one over time. The closer to 1.0BTC they come the quicker they will break-even and the more they will make before running them becomes more expensive than the returns after 6 months.

The other option is they double the hashrate for the same price as now. That should give the same sort of return as a Jan one.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Gamer67

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:19:44 AM

Hi, guys.

No way, to have the same break-even time as a January antminer @ 1.9 BTC a February one needs to be closer to 1.0-1.2 BTC given the difficulty increase. Even then it won't return as much as a January one over time. The closer to 1.0BTC they come the quicker they will break-even and the more they will make before running them becomes more expensive than the returns after 6 months.

The other option is they double the hashrate for the same price as now. That should give the same sort of return as a Jan one.

Great, I won't complain.

pedrosoft

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:20:11 AM

1 - 1.2 Btc

A right price for me  Smiley
flipNstack

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:29:09 AM

thanks Biffa,
so basically i can skip the Setup IP address on your computer step and continue from the next step which is Confiigure AntMiner for Mining Bitcoin or whatever other coin.

also my psu has 2 separate pcie wires, each with two identical connectors on one wire.  If i understand correctly, its I should use both separate wires for the antminer(one for each blade)  instead of using one wire and utilizing both its heads.

correct?

flipNstack

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:35:42 AM

so which altcoins do you guys(n gals) like?

btw any gals in here?   
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:37:15 AM

thanks Biffa,
so basically i can skip the Setup IP address on your computer step and continue from the next step which is Confiigure AntMiner for Mining Bitcoin or whatever other coin.

also my psu has 2 separate pcie wires, each with two identical connectors on one wire.  If i understand correctly, its I should use both separate wires for the antminer(one for each blade)  instead of using one wire and utilizing both its heads.

correct?

If your PC is already on the 192.168.1.x range then yes you don't need to change your PC settings. Plug the antminer into your network and see if you can ping its IP address. Open a console or command prompt and type: ping 192.168.1.x (whatever the antminers address is) if you get a response then you're good to go. Or just try browsing to the antiminers ip address.

Regarding the power wires, you will have less chance of overheating/loading the wires if you use separate ones for each blade rather than a split wire, especially if you are going to overclock.

flipNstack

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:47:21 AM

thanks Biffa,

correct?

If your PC is already on the 192.168.1.x range then yes you don't need to change your PC settings. Plug the antminer into your network and see if you can ping its IP address. Open a console or command prompt and type: ping 192.168.1.x (whatever the antminers address is) if you get a response then you're good to go. Or just try browsing to the antiminers ip address.

Regarding the power wires, you will have less chance of overheating/loading the wires if you use separate ones for each blade rather than a split wire, especially if you are going to overclock.

need to power two ants but only one psu has arrived 750W Rosewill Capstone Gold, Single 12V rail,  +3.3V@24A,+5V@24A,+12V@62A,-12V@0.5A,+5VSB@3A 
no need to oc now, i can wait few days for second unit.   I dont know if i should use the split or what but ill figure something out
CroverNo01

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:48:59 AM

i would not have them blowing toward a wall or whatever, this is just going to create heat around the chips and cause them t run badly, hot and fans at full capacity, If you have any loved ones they will kill you.

Better to have them blowing out the way and in-taking air from the wall, which can act as i giant heat sink if cold enough

it does look slightly hazardous, many it's just the wires give that impression. Ever heard of a cable tie? You generally get a bag in the box with your PSU.

@Cyper: unlucky dude, glad you got it fixed! i think the stock is more like 370 - 380 on these miners.
cc
Hi, During the night one of my PSU's died, moving the rig into the new location today where the temp does not rise above 8c, Just need to find a good way of mounting all the ants and PSU's, I know it's stupid running so many PSU's but I find it cheaper in the long run.

Will update later upon new setup.

Also got my PM from Bitmain anyone else ?
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:51:14 AM

thanks Biffa,

correct?

need to power two ants but only one psu has arrived 750W Rosewill Capstone Gold, Single 12V rail,  +3.3V@24A,+5V@24A,+12V@62A,-12V@0.5A,+5VSB@3A 
no need to oc now, i can wait few days for second unit.   I dont know if i should use the split or what but ill figure something out

CYPER has them on a split cable, just keep an eye on the cable temperatures, they shouldn't be too hot to touch.

Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 297 »
  Print  

Jump to: