Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:50:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CASASCIUS PHYSICAL BITCOIN - In Stock Now! (pic)  (Read 130246 times)
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1135

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 07:28:42 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2011, 05:08:52 AM by casascius
Merited by OgNasty (50), suchmoon (4), iluvbitcoins (3), krogothmanhattan (1), ChiBitCTy (1), bitebits (1)

EDIT: My ordering website is now up: https://www.casascius.com
EDIT 2: Now available for purchase via Visa/MasterCard/Amex/PayPal at http://www.memorydealers.com/bieq.html

Still building the web content to sell these online.  These turned out sweet!  Until then, supply shipping info and ask me in PM for a PGP signed bitcoin payment address.

These are a REAL BITCOIN each worth 1 BTC.  One side has a hologram.  Underneath the hologram layer is a private key.  The first 8 characters of the bitcoin address appears on each coin.

Current pricing: 1.25 BTC per coin for up to 10 coins.  1.20 BTC per coin for up to 100 coins.  Add 1.00 BTC for shipping (any quantity, and it will be sent USPS Priority Mail insured for our mutual protection).  Outside US, please let me do some research to find out the best way to ship these (as they are heavy in quantity and I prefer to ship them insured).

How they appear when broken open: (they use Mini private key format as described in Wiki)

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gerken

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 07:31:12 PM

Did you ever fix the translation or is it still wrong?

istar

Activity: 523
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 07:32:29 PM

They look really sweet! Definatly want some.

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 07:35:34 PM

do you take USD's?
BitcoinStars.com

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 07:47:52 PM

Our customers are gonna like these for presents  Cool

Good job Casascuis
NF6X

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 08:17:34 PM

Those look pretty nice. Good job.
JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 08:37:19 PM

Congrats, this is the first cool/interesting novelty product i've seen here
spruce

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 08:38:44 PM

Did you ever fix the translation or is it still wrong?

The photo shows it as VIRES IN NUMERIS. Decide for yourself if it should be vis or vires.

They look real pretty, though.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 08:39:28 PM

this is awesome!

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 08:59:39 PM

what are these things made of again?
Alex Zee

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 09:07:11 PM

Amazing! They look like gold coins and at the same time with all the holographic stuff look super-techy too!

Please, research delivery to other countries!

BTC Monitor - systray price ticker
RipTalk.org - new Ripple forum
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:10:43 PM

Though just the first 8 characters of the bitcion address are on the coin itself, am I given the full Bitcoin address on the shipping list or something so that I can verify the address truly has funds?  (or to add funds to it if I wish?) 

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:12:56 PM

Incidentally, who wants to wager if or when Casascius will be Bitcoin's Bernard von Nothaus?

Thinking of how to word it, and guessing what dates to use:
 - http://www.betsofbitco.in

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:32:30 PM

Incidentally, who wants to wager if or when Casascius will be Bitcoin's Bernard von Nothaus?

i will. 100 BTC.  i say he won't be attacked.  one year period.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:39:04 PM

These look awesome but...

Why would you buy this given the current state of the Bitcoin market/economy?

This might be nice as an investment if there was a good indicator that your investment would give you any kind of return.  I don't see good reason to believe this right now.

These would also be nice if I could take them and walk into a store and give them to a merchant to purchase goods.  This just isn't possible unless you live around the corner from Meze Grill.  

My conclusion:  This is novel, awesome looking, and way before it's time, but in this case being 'way before it's time' is not in the interest of the consumer.

Edit:  However, if you're an early adopter and have 10,000+ BTC stored in a wallet or exchange, this might be a good way to secure your coins; after all, for you it would be all profit anyway and you can afford for the price to drop.  But do you really want to lug around/store 10,000+ of these bad boys?  Maybe 100 BTC coins for the big dogs might be a good idea for the time being.
deslok

Activity: 462

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:41:23 PM

These are cool, would it be possible to replace the keys with something like a QR code(or include code and key)

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
joulesbeef

Activity: 476

moOo

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:53:28 PM

he doesnt use the word dollar anywhere and these dont resemble us coins at all.. so i doubt he will have problems.

great job with the coins btw, glad to see they are finally real.

what state is that? btc coins have been low before, there is also nothing wrong with bitcoins being low. Bitcoins might have been priced way too high in the first place.

QUestion for you ooooo so wise one, do you think cassius got this idea last night and made these this morning?

This might be nice as an investment if there was a good indicator that your investment would give you any kind of return.  I don't see good reason to believe this right now.

and that is your opinion, which is not shared by a very very very large ammount of people, including those of us who have made great profits investing in bitcoins. How about spread some fud in the speculation channel and not in someones thread who is actually trying to do something good for the community and actually produced something unique. Heck even if BTC was dying, i would buy one of these to keep. Plus they are great for promoting bitcoins which could change the market arround but you dont want to hear about that do you.

These would also be nice if I could take them and walk into a store and give them to a merchant to purchase goods.  This just isn't possible unless you live around the corner from Meze Grill.  

My conclusion:  This is novel, awesome looking, and way before it's time, but in this case being 'way before it's time' is not in the interest of the consumer.

YOU OPINION, doesnt seem to matter to all these consumers in here.

Look if you dont want one, dont buy one, I dont see why you had to come up with all this FUD and opinionated crap. Do you actually see any problem with the coin that has to do with the coin and not BTC? anything worth actually complaining about besides "OMG THIS IS SO F'N STUPID BTC IS ABOUT TO DIE!!!" If everyone had attitudes like yours, we might as well all give up, cause BTC wouldnt go anywhere.

Like i said if you dont like it, dont buy one, if you want to complain bitcoin is dying, go do that in speculation, personally i think it is a great time to buy BTC and an even better time to buy and give out these coins. I dont think i would give these things out as promotional items if BTC was trading at $50 a coin.

Great job cassius and ignore the fear spreading fud'rs. It really takes a special person to go into someones tread trying to sell something and then rather complain about the product itself, complain about the state of the BTC market.

mooo for rent
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 10:06:32 PM

he doesnt use the word dollar anywhere and these dont resemble us coins at all.. so i doubt he will have problems.

great job with the coins btw, glad to see they are finally real.

what state is that? btc coins have been low before, there is also nothing wrong with bitcoins being low. Bitcoins might have been priced way too high in the first place.

QUestion for you ooooo so wise one, do you think cassius got this idea last night and made these this morning?

and that is your opinion, which is not shared by a very very very large ammount of people, including those of us who have made great profits investing in bitcoins. How about spread some fud in the speculation channel and not in someones thread who is actually trying to do something good for the community and actually produced something unique. Heck even if BTC was dying, i would buy one of these to keep. Plus they are great for promoting bitcoins which could change the market arround but you dont want to hear about that do you.

Look if you dont want one, dont buy one, I dont see why you had to come up with all this FUD and opinionated crap. Do you actually see any problem with the coin that has to do with the coin and not BTC? anything worth actually complaining about besides "OMG THIS IS SO F'N STUPID BTC IS ABOUT TO DIE!!!" If everyone had attitudes like yours, we might as well all give up, cause BTC wouldnt go anywhere.

Like i said if you dont like it, dont buy one, if you want to complain bitcoin is dying, go do that in speculation, personally i think it is a great time to buy BTC and an even better time to buy and give out these coins. I dont think i would give these things out as promotional items if BTC was trading at $50 a coin.

Great job cassius and ignore the fear spreading fud'rs. It really takes a special person to go into someones tread trying to sell something and then rather complain about the product itself, complain about the state of the BTC market.

LOL!!!  +10.  the Joint is a douche.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 10:09:44 PM

Wise man say, "Only a fool buy investment on downtrend with no present indication of future uptrend."  Wise man also say, "Fool buy 1 dollar for 1 and 1/5 dollar, but smart man sell 1 dollar for 1 and 1/5 dollar."

Wise man additionally say, "Fallacy is not made truth by multiplied propagation, nor is truth made fallacy because no one will believe it."

Wise man further say, "Idea is good, but better idea is couple BTC code with useful goods.  A birthday card with BTC code is better than BTC code alone."

Wise man finally say, "Man who becomes outraged at expressed opinion will not be outraged if he does not identify with contrasting opinion."
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 10:39:11 PM

Wise man say, "Only a fool buy investment on downtrend with no present indication of future uptrend."  Wise man also say, "Fool buy 1 dollar for 1 and 1/5 dollar, but smart man sell 1 dollar for 1 and 1/5 dollar."

Wise man additionally say, "Fallacy is not made truth by multiplied propagation, nor is truth made fallacy because no one will believe it."

Wise man further say, "Idea is good, but better idea is couple BTC code with useful goods.  A birthday card with BTC code is better than BTC code alone."

Wise man finally say, "Man who becomes outraged at expressed opinion will not be outraged if he does not identify with contrasting opinion."

since you're so "wise" douche, lets make a bet.  i'll bet you 100 BTC to be held in escrow that the price of BTC in USD terms one year from now will be higher than it is today.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: