Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:17:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CASASCIUS PHYSICAL BITCOIN - In Stock Now! (pic)  (Read 130268 times)
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 07:52:15 PM

i think for a merchant (ie casascius) it should be imperative to provide detaild imagery of the product he sells while adhering to a certain consistency (size of the coin, lighting etc etc) doing so.

Complaints can be voiced by wallet.

I for one are very content with casascius all around.

that wallet comment is redonkulous, since there's just slightly under one competitor for these^^

also, it's not a complaint, really.
it's just that there's an abundance of items to buy and no visual cues to pair with the descriptions.

point taken that it's not a complaint.

You slightly misunderstood my redonkulous comment: "no competition" is exactly what I was getting at. You can't really expect anything from a monopolistic provider. In that light, casascius overdelivers greatly.

the whole bitcoin economy overdelivers.
still, i'd love to see what i get before i am buying it, especially on the interwebs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Michael_S

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

Bitcoin-Note-and-Voucher-Printing-Empowerer

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 10:18:03 PM

I see valid points in all the recent posts of shadow, molec and 2wei!

i think for a merchant (ie casascius) it should be imperative to provide detaild imagery of the product he sells while adhering to a certain consistency (size of the coin, lighting etc etc) doing so.

Don't get serious so quickly.

We are not complaining, simply suggesting how to improve the product significantly using minimum extra labor.

...and we do it for free.

off topic: if I also may give one suggestion free of charge it would be rethinking advertising in the signature for a bitcoin client fork w/o tx fee. At least people who tend to over-deliver in the bitcoin ecosystem would tend to pay such a minute fee. just a thought...

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 10:32:32 PM

Don't get serious so quickly.

We are not complaining, simply suggesting how to improve the product significantly using minimum extra labor.

...and we do it for free.

yeah, you're right. I'm sorry. Sometimes I get a bit worked up about people complaining making suggestions.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 01:56:17 PM

how long does it usually take for an order to arrive in Australia?

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 04:36:18 AM

Got my 2 coins in today and was surprised to see a bonus bumpersticker sized magnet and bitcoin paper money. Considering a 10 coin round now. Awesome service, thanks Casascius!

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
jtibble

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 04:34:15 PM

Got my 2 coins in today...

Hey Casascius, I placed my order on Bitcoin Friday, but haven't gotten a shipment notification of any sort. I have the order confirmation email, and it says I'll receive a "mailing label has been prepared" message, but still haven't heard any word. Have you filled the Bitcoin Friday orders yet?

Thanks,
Jtibble
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 05:01:02 PM

It's very possible I haven't shipped it.  I am presently behind on shipping at the moment.

I am frequently lauded for fast shipment, but in reality, especially the last several months I am relatively slow.  With my current schedule I am doing most of my shipping on weekends.  Last weekend I also ran out of prepared silver coins due to the sale (I have the materials for more but I have to sticker up a new batch) so I deferred some of the orders.  I hoped to catch a break during the week but so far haven't.  I imagine being completely caught up within the next day or two given I have all day Saturday to fill orders.

I will throw in a free bumper magnet with each delayed order assuming there's room in the package (which is true just about all of the time except for small non-US orders shipped via First Class Mail).

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
DobZombie

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 02:43:31 PM

Got my order today!

The 25BTC and the BitBar has a lot of weight to it! (1.3oz & 4oz)

picked up my mail and was like "IT'S GOTTA BE MAH COINS!!!"

Cheers Casascius!  Grin

casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2012, 03:01:00 PM

I'm caught up on orders.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 05:58:55 PM

I'm caught up on orders.

congrats! Thanks for pulling a hard working weekend for us ;>

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 07:12:45 PM

I'm caught up on orders.
Thanks, I see that mine has been shipped.

I'm looking forward to buying a 25 BTC coin in the future.

Do you plan to change to a series 2 at some point, as I would want to get my order in before then! Smiley
kwoody

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

Technology and Women. Amazing.

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 07:05:02 AM

DobZombie

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 03:15:10 PM

!

Rotsor

Activity: 309
Merit: 102

Presale is live!

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 11:23:09 AM

I am doing most of my shipping on weekends.
Oh, no! I've ordered on Monday.  Sad

casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 04:21:40 PM

I am doing most of my shipping on weekends.
Oh, no! I've ordered on Monday.  Sad

Tell me which is yours and I'll get it out right away.

I don't normally advertise this because if everyone did it, I couldn't keep up.  But, short of me being on vacation or traveling, there has never been a time where someone wrote and said "I need this fast" or "I need it by Friday" or "I'd like this sooner rather than later" and I didn't ship it out by the next day.

Meanwhile, I want to take the time to point out that I have raised my 1BTC price substantially for quantities under 10 and offered a new discount tier at 100+: this is because I want it to be possible for people to buy 100 at a time and resell them in their local markets and be able to make a profit.  This way, buyers pay less for shipping and don't wait as long to get their 1 coin order.  Also, if I spend less time filling orders because I'm filling fewer but bigger orders, then I'm less needy for time and of pushing order fulfillment to the weekend.

ercolinux
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 05:02:15 PM

Meanwhile, I want to take the time to point out that I have raised my 1BTC price substantially for quantities under 10 and offered a new discount tier at 100+: this is because I want it to be possible for people to buy 100 at a time and resell them in their local markets and be able to make a profit.  This way, buyers pay less for shipping and don't wait as long to get their 1 coin order.  Also, if I spend less time filling orders because I'm filling fewer but bigger orders, then I'm less needy for time and of pushing order fulfillment to the weekend.

Really nice idea.
I'm trying to convince a friend with a online shop  to buy some to resell them, but If he orders 100 coins to have the best price I'm pretty sure custom will stop them (is a quite big and heavy parcell). For release a parcell from custom we need an invoice in fiat currency, otherwise they do an extimate of both  market value of the objects and shipment costs, and normally they overextimate prices (some years ago custom try to charge 60$ of shipment for a parcel that I've payed 50$ shipment included). In this case can be a pain in the ass, plus very long time to release it.
Anyway even with the invoice the custom will be 21% of VAT + 4% of custom so is not very convenient at least for us (is more then 1,45BTC for every coin).
Maybe best choice for who lives on the other side of the Ocean like us, is to open a Casascius mint  Roll Eyes (just a suggestion  Wink )

Bitrated user: ercolinux.
Rotsor

Activity: 309
Merit: 102

Presale is live!

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 05:18:47 PM

Anyway even with the invoice the custom will be 21% of VAT + 4% of custom so is not very convenient at least for us (is more then 1,45BTC for every coin).
I hope it is not 1.45 BTC:
Most international orders will be sent with the BTC value loaded after the package arrives, to minimize the package value for customs purposes

casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 05:22:08 PM

Meanwhile, I want to take the time to point out that I have raised my 1BTC price substantially for quantities under 10 and offered a new discount tier at 100+: this is because I want it to be possible for people to buy 100 at a time and resell them in their local markets and be able to make a profit.  This way, buyers pay less for shipping and don't wait as long to get their 1 coin order.  Also, if I spend less time filling orders because I'm filling fewer but bigger orders, then I'm less needy for time and of pushing order fulfillment to the weekend.

I intend to start doing this in my local market Smiley

Note to Canadians - I have placed a few orders now - pay the extra for premium shipping.
The time difference in the States between regular shipping and premium shipping getting to the border is nothing.
But once it gets to our side, the premium gets delivered by canada post business, and the regular by just the mailman.
I am noticing it takes an extra 7 - 10 days on the canadian side ordering regular vs premium.
(my last premium order got to me from border in 3 days, this regular order is not here yet & it hit the border on the 15th)

Indeed - "USPS Express" gets translated to "EMS" outside the US, which I understand is a higher tier of postal service that lots of countries agree to, and it's all on a common system.

The only downside to EMS is customs pays more attention to your package, which I suppose only matters if it has lots of silver coins.  The best way to have silver coins shipped is NOT to use Express.  Silver coins are unique in that because they are clearly marked ".999 FINE SILVER", I can't declare them for anything less than silver spot price without the risk that a customs officer will see that as obviously a lie.  If you order silver coins, I recommend they go regular mail - I can ship DVD mailer envelopes with 2-3 silver coins each and no presentation box so they are way more likely to fly under the radar.  Ordering the other coins rarely causes customs concerns because I just declare them as USD 25 cents and that price is defensible given they are shipped with no BTC value.

Stated another way, the lowered "expected risk" (probability * cost) of losing silver coins by shipping Express is far less valuable than the increased "expected risk" of being required to pay customs duty on them to make it not worthwhile, never minding the added shipping cost.  Unless you are lucky enough to live in New Zealand where .999 fine silver is exempt from duty but (ironically) only if it is clearly marked as .999 fine silver or better.

ercolinux
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 07:48:41 PM

I hope it is not 1.45 BTC:

Yes is it: 1,45 of total obviously not of custom duties only

Bitrated user: ercolinux.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 11:01:41 PM

Received my silver physical bitcoin today to add to the collection.

Nice!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: