Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:27:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 [5432] 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722524 times)
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:36:02 PM

You sound increasingly desperate, I understand why.

Maybe you don't know the meaning of the word desperate?

Desperation is lying about a fictional vote to weasel your way out of answering for a fraudulent reduction in coin emission. Desperation is attacking someone's character when you're unable to answer legitimate questions.

Maybe you can point me to the vote tantestefana2 is talking about volyova? 95% of the community voted, but no one knows where it is.

Dash Sad
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:43:24 PM

Maybe you don't know the meaning of the word desperate?

Desperation is lying about a fictional vote to weasel your way out of answering for a fraudulent reduction in coin emission. Desperation is attacking someone's character when you're unable to answer legitimate questions.

Maybe you can point me to the vote tantestefana2 is talking about volyova? 95% of the community voted, but no one knows where it is.

Dash Sad
Perhaps you should try to find it yourself, as you will get precisely nothing from me.
DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:50:52 PM

Dash Sad

That's because there was no vote. Just more lies from your full-time defender tantestefana2
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 04:53:09 PM

Fine, I grant you it's not CERTAIN that Evan got a shitton of coins. It's still LIKELY given the circumstances.

What really made me WTF in your post is the "changing mind" thing about the emission schedule. That should not be changed lightly, if at all - you should know this.

This was something that was voted on.  I didn't like the idea myself, and argued against it.  But the community was over 95% for it, so it was done. Another instance of Evan coming to the community for guidance.  And there initially was no limit technically to the number of coins to be produced.  The way the number of coins was limited was by reducing the emissions by 7% per year.  Otherwise we kept the same setup.  This calculates over the next 100 or so years as halving.

Also, Evan's initial estimates on how many coins would be produced assumed a lower hash rate (that it would never get so high as to hug the minimum reward).  

And toknormal becomes silent once again.

That might be because I happen to have a life outside of this thread - weird though it may may seem - and w.t.f. happened near on 2 years ago isn't exactly the top of my priority list since I bought my coins in markets, and even if it was, it isn't my job to do your research for you.

As it happens I have some recollection of Evan asking the community if they wanted him to relaunch the coin and them going absolutely apeshit and then him apologising for suggesting it.

If I had been around at the time, I'd have gone apeshit as well. There is no Dash or Dash equivalent without its early launch issues.

As I said to someone the other day. A coin with a dodgy launch survived and became successful - for some good reasons.

Live with it.

All of this is besides the point. tantestafana2 said there was a vote and that 95% of the community voted for the huge reduction in coin emission. When i asked where this vote was, not only did you not provide the information, but you attacked me and tried to change the subject.

Thanks for confirming tantestafana2 is another one of your paid or bagholding defenders who sits around this thread all day spouting constant lies.

Dash Sad

Yes... I was there for that vote. And I personally  voted against a relaunch. This is old news and I and many others have answered.  Stop being a lazy troll and read about this in sub forums.  OK... Adam White!

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:53:20 PM

fraudulent reduction in coin emission

Why is changing the emission fraudulent in your opinion? Who was scammed by it? If the miners want to mine that fork and if the users choose to use it then we have a consensus.

There is no International Law of Crypto Currency Emission that says you can't change the emission. There are plenty of coins that haven't changed it, so use them if you can't accept one that has.
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:01:15 PM

Fine, I grant you it's not CERTAIN that Evan got a shitton of coins. It's still LIKELY given the circumstances.

What really made me WTF in your post is the "changing mind" thing about the emission schedule. That should not be changed lightly, if at all - you should know this.

This was something that was voted on.  I didn't like the idea myself, and argued against it.  But the community was over 95% for it, so it was done. Another instance of Evan coming to the community for guidance.  And there initially was no limit technically to the number of coins to be produced.  The way the number of coins was limited was by reducing the emissions by 7% per year.  Otherwise we kept the same setup.  This calculates over the next 100 or so years as halving.

Also, Evan's initial estimates on how many coins would be produced assumed a lower hash rate (that it would never get so high as to hug the minimum reward).  

And toknormal becomes silent once again.

That might be because I happen to have a life outside of this thread - weird though it may may seem - and w.t.f. happened near on 2 years ago isn't exactly the top of my priority list since I bought my coins in markets, and even if it was, it isn't my job to do your research for you.

As it happens I have some recollection of Evan asking the community if they wanted him to relaunch the coin and them going absolutely apeshit and then him apologising for suggesting it.

If I had been around at the time, I'd have gone apeshit as well. There is no Dash or Dash equivalent without its early launch issues.

As I said to someone the other day. A coin with a dodgy launch survived and became successful - for some good reasons.

Live with it.

All of this is besides the point. tantestafana2 said there was a vote and that 95% of the community voted for the huge reduction in coin emission. When i asked where this vote was, not only did you not provide the information, but you attacked me and tried to change the subject.

Thanks for confirming tantestafana2 is another one of your paid or bagholding defenders who sits around this thread all day spouting constant lies.

Dash Sad
I remember that. It is few thousands pages back, search if you like
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 05:02:03 PM

Why is changing the emission fraudulent in your opinion? Who was scammed by it? If the miners want to mine that fork and if the users choose to use it then we have a consensus.

There is no International Law of Crypto Currency Emission that says you can't change the emission. There are plenty of coins that haven't changed it, so use them if you can't accept one that has.

I wouldn't bother with  this moron!  Its obvious they are still trying to grasp at glass straws...and frankly its irrelevant what  a hand full of douche bags think!  Believe me, don't believe me ...couldn't care less...oh And DrkLvr/Adam....no I'm not going to prove shit to  you about anything.   Kiss

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:06:50 PM

I wouldn't bother with  this moron!  Its obvious they are still trying to grasp at glass straws...and frankly its irrelevant what  a hand full of douche bags think!  Believe me, don't believe me ...couldn't care less...oh And DrkLvr/Adam....no I'm not going to prove shit to  you about anything.   Kiss

Probably trying to bury this:

They get very active when new stuff is announced which is probably why they spend way more time here than in the monero threads Grin

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 05:08:56 PM

Probably trying to bury this:

They get very active when new stuff is announced which is probably why they spend way more time here than in the monero threads Grin

WOW!!! that is cool...are we doing a similar android wallet?   this amazing!

splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:47:16 PM

Just did some calculations on my nodes and the year ROI is ~17,8 % - server cost

Quite nice would say Smiley

My bank gives me 1,5-2% LOL !

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
gioma

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

???

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:48:21 PM

HODL or buy if you don't have DASH (much mistake Grin), next months price will skyrocket I am 100% sure Grin
DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:55:07 PM

Once again the Darktards trying to twist things around. Where does it say anything about a relaunch?

This was something that was voted on.  I didn't like the idea myself, and argued against it.  But the community was over 95% for it, so it was done. Another instance of Evan coming to the community for guidance.  And there initially was no limit technically to the number of coins to be produced.  The way the number of coins was limited was by reducing the emissions by 7% per year.  Otherwise we kept the same setup.  This calculates over the next 100 or so years as halving.

Tantestefana2 says 95% of the Darkcoin community voted to reduce the emission. So where's the vote?
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:58:00 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 06:14:24 PM by Lebubar

Dash Sad

That's because there was no vote. Just more lies from your full-time defender tantestefana2

Who is the liar? Hmm Adan?

Hello everyone and happy Friday!

Anyone who's been around long enough knows nothing in Darkcoin is ever set in stone and we listen to the community. Last time we removed the block halving we received a lot of crap, here's the problems with yearly halving.

- It's too fast and could destroy the coin
- It's way too much (50% per year)
- We already have formula for controlling the supply

Problems with not having a fixed supply:

- We'll have a constant amount of inflation forever. Most of us are in the austrian camp of economics, so I'd like to fix this.

In true Darkcoin fashion, I'd like to propose a solution that no other crypto has and fixes all of the issues. A yearly reduction of supply of 20%. With this we'll hit the cap of coins near 2056. I'm guessing we'll have somewhere near 25M coins (12M minimum, 49M maximum. Depends on how many miners we attract).

Let's have a vote!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525093.0

EDIT: at the end of the discussion we vote for a 7% yearly  reduction.

Now what about gtfy?
fernando

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:58:51 PM

WOW!!! that is cool...are we doing a similar android wallet?   this amazing!

We already have a Dash wallet!!!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hashengineering.darkcoin.wallet

Besides that, fulltimegeek is quitting his job to work full time on Dash and he happens to be an Android developer, so expect nice news on that front  Smiley
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:00:58 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 06:13:24 PM by TanteStefana2

Dash Sad

That's because I have you on ignore, and I'd happily never see any posts from any of you if other members wouldn't quote you.  It was on DashTalk, I believe, or somewhere here.  It was almost 2 years ago, and I'm not about to go search for it.

OK, someone else found it, and I see mention 88% yes at the time.  The vote is still open, so who knows how the thread has been manipulated over time.  So my memory was off (no surprise)  I stand corrected, it was more like 88% of the community voted for it.  What difference does it make?  Other than to show Evan was always asking the community for their opinions.  BTW, reminds me of the good old days when our thread was used for constructive work.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:08:33 PM

Dash Sad

Hello everyone and happy Friday!

Anyone who's been around long enough knows nothing in Darkcoin is ever set in stone and we listen to the community. Last time we removed the block halving we received a lot of crap, here's the problems with yearly halving.

- It's too fast and could destroy the coin
- It's way too much (50% per year)
- We already have formula for controlling the supply

Problems with not having a fixed supply:

- We'll have a constant amount of inflation forever. Most of us are in the austrian camp of economics, so I'd like to fix this.

In true Darkcoin fashion, I'd like to propose a solution that no other crypto has and fixes all of the issues. A yearly reduction of supply of 20%. With this we'll hit the cap of coins near 2056. I'm guessing we'll have somewhere near 25M coins (12M minimum, 49M maximum. Depends on how many miners we attract).

Let's have a vote!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525093.0

Now what about gtfy?

This shows how Evan thought the hash rate would be more in the center, but this project was uber popular and we've been hugging the bottom emissions rate just about this whole time.  Also, note, after much more discussion, the reduction of supply was lowered to 7% as I think Evan's calculations were a bit off, and it turns out to be far more gentle.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:18:06 PM

Dash Sad

That's because I have you on ignore, and I'd happily never see any posts from any of you if other members wouldn't quote you.  It was on DashTalk, I believe, or somewhere here.  It was almost 2 years ago, and I'm not about to go search for it.

OK, someone else found it, and I see mention 88% yes at the time.  The vote is still open, so who knows how the thread has been manipulated over time.  So my memory was off (no surprise)  I stand corrected, it was more like 88% of the community voted for it.  What difference does it make?  Other than to show Evan was always asking the community for their opinions.  BTW, reminds me of the good old days when our thread was used for constructive work.
Bottom emissions rate is good. The less Dash the better. I think that people hardly take scarcity into account these days :-/
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 06:19:25 PM

Lets look at what Nick Szabo actually said in context.

When we do that, we find that in fact, he's talking about technologies needing practical exposure to markets and users in order to evolve. He's talking about it being messy "out there" and that iterative cycles of deploy-learn-develop are required to produce something that's robust enough and practical enough at the same time to be successful.

Few cryptos have done as much justice to this ethic than Dash. It's basically had a baptism of fire since day one and successfully responded and improved according to market and industry priorities. Deployments have been delivered, revisions created, long term design goals refined and focused, new opportunities discovered - all from having been "out there". Most importantly - it survived and now has a roadmap that does justice to that survival.

Meanwhile, by way of contrast, lets take something like Monero: Ironically, that WAS designed in secret in an ivory tower, got shoved "out there", has had almost nothing done on it since, has lost 90% of its value from launch, suffers from confidence problems, the wrong monetary model and a defective implementation at launch - all on top of an almost non-existent set of end user tools.

Shipping broken code is fine or even ideal for some projects, but not ones involving people's money.

Fintech has higher standards, such as ACTUALLY TESTING YOUR CODE BEFORE YOU LAUNCH A PRODUCT.

Dash's 'design in secret, then launch and find out what's broken' approach is ass-backwards.  That's exactly how the instamine fiasco happened.

It's equivalent to building a house from the roof down, and pouring the foundation as the last step.

That's not at all what Szabo endorsed and only a DashHole cultist would fail to see the difference.

Your tu quoque (appeal to hypocrisy) is a logical fallacy, but I will address it anyway.  Bytecoin was designed in secret; Monero is being rewritten in public starting from that point.  As for end user tools, the CLI and mymonero.org web wallet work just fine for sending/receiving XMR.

You are blatantly lying when you claim XMR "has had almost nothing done on it since."  Anyone may easily verify you are a fucking liar by clicking

https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/tree/master

and confirming the number of commits (presently 1,263).

Dash  Embarrassed

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:24:42 PM

A reminder on the trolls modus operandi: http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Maybe they're forum-sliding this but it could just be another slow day in trollHQ.

Yep, this is exactly what DASH and its scam community do. Why do you think your topic is 5000+ pages?

Forum sliding:

If a very sensitive posting of a critical nature has been posted on a forum - it can be quickly removed from public view by 'forum sliding.' In this technique a number of unrelated posts are quietly prepositioned on the forum and allowed to 'age.' Each of these misdirectional forum postings can then be called upon at will to trigger a 'forum slide.' The second requirement is that several fake accounts exist, which can be called upon, to ensure that this technique is not exposed to the public. To trigger a 'forum slide' and 'flush' the critical post out of public view it is simply a matter of logging into each account both real and fake and then 'replying' to prepositined postings with a simple 1 or 2 line comment. This brings the unrelated postings to the top of the forum list, and the critical posting 'slides' down the front page, and quickly out of public view. Although it is difficult or impossible to censor the posting it is now lost in a sea of unrelated and unuseful postings. By this means it becomes effective to keep the readers of the forum reading unrelated and non-issue items.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:26:02 PM

You are blatantly lying when you claim XMR "has had almost nothing done on it since."

Ah ! Apologies.

It hired someone to 'clean up the code'.

Forgot about that  Wink

and confirming the number of commits (presently 1,263).

Well when you make the mistake of hiring highly trained typists instead of creative developers who can understand what their users want then you do end up with a lot of commits.

Better luck next time with your investments  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 [5432] 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: