Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:33:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 [5438] 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722474 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:41:39 AM

my problem with the cloak instamine was that they mined the total initial coin supply (4.5m) in 7 days and went to a highly inflationary 6% POS reward. this unfairly gave all the coins that could ever be mined to a very small group of people who then staked it @ a whooping 6% and controlled the supply. i knew that type of distribution model was doomed to fail.

I'm pretty sure the masternode PoS rewards rate is higher than 6% and certainly was much higher when the number of masternodes was lower.

i hope you are just trolling and playing dumb. unlike cloak not all the coins were mined in the first 7 days. we still have millions of pow coins to balance things out and keep things fair.

troll harder next time, or better yet work on an official gui. over half your coin supply is mined and y'all still don't have a official gui, lol. and you call yourself a dev, pathetic. start deving and quit trolling.

Get the facts right at least. The millions of PoW Dash coins won't be mined for hundreds of years.

- Coins will cease to be generated near the year 2300

In the same 200 years, the Monero 0.3/minute tail reward will produce about 31 556 736 coins, meaning more than "half [the] coin supply" is not mined.

In fact, at some point Monero becomes slower than Bitcoin, and slower than Dash for that matter. (Graphs showing the double intersection with Bitcoin were posted, maybe someone else has a link to that.)

You're still welcome in the Monero community now that you are properly informed it has the kind of slow and fair distribution that you like.

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jestah

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:57:13 AM

my problem with the cloak instamine was that they mined the total initial coin supply (4.5m) in 7 days and went to a highly inflationary 6% POS reward. this unfairly gave all the coins that could ever be mined to a very small group of people who then staked it @ a whooping 6% and controlled the supply. i knew that type of distribution model was doomed to fail.

I'm pretty sure the masternode PoS rewards rate is higher than 6% and certainly was much higher when the number of masternodes was lower.

i hope you are just trolling and playing dumb. unlike cloak not all the coins were mined in the first 7 days. we still have millions of pow coins to balance things out and keep things fair.

troll harder next time, or better yet work on an official gui. over half your coin supply is mined and y'all still don't have a official gui, lol. and you call yourself a dev, pathetic. start deving and quit trolling.

Get the facts right at least. The millions of PoW Dash coins won't be mined for hundreds of years.

- Coins will cease to be generated near the year 2300

In the same 200 years, the Monero 0.3/minute tail reward will produce about 31 556 736 coins, meaning more than "half [the] coin supply" is not mined.

In fact, at some point Monero becomes slower than Bitcoin, and slower than Dash for that matter. (Graphs showing the double intersection with Bitcoin were posted, maybe someone else has a link to that.)

You're still welcome in the Monero community now that you are properly informed it has the kind of slow and fair distribution that you like.

I'm sold.  I'm cashing in my MNs and jumping to Scamero. 

not.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 04:14:22 AM

Breaking news...

At the beginning of November 2015, a directive was issued to commence 'operation noise'. Operation noise is a campaign is to flood all relevant bitcointalk forums to wash out any positive information or vibe about DASH with 'monero truth'.

Sir rpietila has vowed to enter the battlefield himself to take part in the final victory. (ROFL)

...stay tuned folks..... Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1233817.0

Funny, a lot of those names on their list of active members and developers are written in several times and even then you don't count more than 15 of 'em.  Pretty sad small bunch.  Good luck to 'em.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Bridgewater

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 05:25:46 AM

It's obviously that trolls are getting crazy and nervous about the new achievements in Dash development. And they scared about the huge potential about Dash in future.
So They distort the facts, spead the lies and bicker. Although many my Chinese fellows, unlike me who willing to type some words in this thread, they just stay silence and enjoy to see the trolls struggle for their own "investment" which they know well that it will be doomed at the end. So they(The trolls) try their best to seduce ppl to invest in some trash which they hope that would save themselves. Nice try~

As the fundamentals of the Dash become more clear, we, will invest more in Dash~

Edit:

one of my fellow told me that someone doubt my nationality in my last post. Sorry for the late reply, because You are in my ingnored list

Here is the word for you: 天作孽,尤可赎;自作孽,不可活~
Hello, friend. I was just messing about with Google Translate and it says : 天作孽,尤可赎;自作孽,不可活 = Days of sin, especially redeemable; regret, can not live. Stupid translator! Could you tell me what it actually means? Also, could you tell me...is Dash popular with Chinese investors? Just wanted to get your take on it. Thanks, V.

This seems to be a quote from Confucian philosopher Mencius.
My classical Chinese is not very good, but my best interpretation is:

"If Heaven sins, you may have a chance to escape; If you yourself sin, you cannot escape the consequences."

Or you could put it as:
"There is always redemption for the sins of Heaven, but none for ones own."

("Heaven" in this case being god/higher power/natural disasters/etc)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 05:34:34 AM

I haven't read last 20 or so pages of this thread but get the impression we are as usual fighting against trolling from the Monero crew. I will say this, the trolling by Monero fans here is what has finally put me off Monero. I've sold the XMR I had at a loss and happy with my choice. Monero seems to be going nowhere. Dash is moving forward. Dash wins.

What you perceive as fighting I see as outing lies/shadiness that has been swept under the carpet.

My calling out Dash on this has nothing to do with my interest in Monero. Despite popular belief in this thread.

That's your choice, that's like saying you are going to sell silver because Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 shekels of silver. They are completely not related in terms of investment. But that is of course your prerogative.

"Dash wins".. I didn't realize this was a contest.

But that statement there does show the immature attitude many here have when it comes to looking at what cryptocurrency means and also what "scam" means and also what "troll" means.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 05:37:38 AM

"[1]" is also false because Dash artificially and exorbitantly raises the cost of the option to run a full node to 1000 coins + expenses, thus destroying any claim to be decentralized.

Running a full node on the DASH network costs exactly 0 DASH, Eduardo de Assrape.

Okay so then how do Masternode operators pay for their electricity/internet/space if running a MN from home?

Also how do MN operators pay for their cloud server hosting at AMAZON etc?

Is it all free?  Shocked

Pretty sure there are expenses.... Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 05:42:29 AM

That's like saying "a mechanic is not a mechanic unless he can paint cars  and detail their exterior" (even though he works under the hood on the internal components of cars to make sure they actually run efficiently and without fault).

Roll Eyes Do you have any software engineering or software developer credentials?

As your statement appears to be ignorant of what developers do in the full spectrum of the term.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 06:09:37 AM

I'm giving free hugs to trolls that hash old news over and over and over again.  Thanks smoothie.... Your first in line come get a >>>HUG<<<<

Dont you feel better now....  Kiss

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Jestah

Activity: 426

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 06:49:01 AM

I'm giving free hugs to trolls that hash old news over and over and over again.  Thanks smoothie.... Your first in line come get a >>>HUG<<<<

Dont you feel better now....  Kiss

>>Hug<<
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 06:54:25 AM

I'm giving free hugs to trolls that hash old news over and over and over again.  Thanks smoothie.... Your You're first in line come get a >>>HUG<<<<

Dont you feel better now....  Kiss

>>Hug<<

@bigrcanada FTFY  Tongue

Better give a hug over to your own troll named MasterMined710 since he brought up the topic.  Smiley

It also goes to show you're presumptuous to think I wasn't feeling good in the first place. But nice try to condescend....it doesn't work very much on me.  Kiss           Kiss         Kiss

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 07:38:14 AM

A message of hope for all trolls (neuroplasticity)
https://www.braindecoder.com/can-you-think-yourself-into-a-different-person-1461912180.html

'"You're not stuck with the brain you're born with. You may be given certain genes but what you do in your life changes your brain. And that's the magic wand."

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 07:44:03 AM

Aaaaahhhhh... Come on can't we all just get along... You and the troll brigade hate dash... And we hate trolls.  We know what you and the brigade are up too... And hey... I've been profiting from it.   Wink.   Now lets all kiss and make up.

And give some HUGS!

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:40:49 AM

some gay love happening ^

so that's darkcoin/dash community development? gay-ing around now.  Huh

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:42:00 AM

Aaaaahhhhh... Come on can't we all just get along... You and the troll brigade hate dash... And we hate trolls.  We know what you and the brigade are up too... And hey... I've been profiting from it.   Wink.   Now lets all kiss and make up.

And give some HUGS!

Just because I disagree with you ...does not make me a troll.

To you and yours perhaps, but in the real world outside of rainbows, unicorns, and leprechauns with pots of gold trolling, is defined in a much different way.

Posting opinions and facts is not trolling...... unless..... you do not want people posting facts and opinions that are on the opposite side of what you support...  Roll Eyes

As much as you may think there is a "brigade" of us "trolls"...I have to break it to you...no we don't have secret meetings and hand out salaries to "troll" dash and operate as an army of "trolls" as many here might think. But who am I to tell you how to think.

I'm just here to give my opinion and present facts.

If you can't handle the facts just put me on ignore. Ignorance is bliss.  Kiss

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 09:02:42 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2015, 09:23:04 AM by Macrochip

"[1]" is also false because Dash artificially and exorbitantly raises the cost of the option to run a full node to 1000 coins + expenses, thus destroying any claim to be decentralized.

Running a full node on the DASH network costs exactly 0 DASH, Eduardo de Assrape.

Okay so then how do Masternode operators pay for their electricity/internet/space if running a MN from home?

Also how do MN operators pay for their cloud server hosting at AMAZON etc?

Is it all free?  Shocked

Pretty sure there are expenses.... Roll Eyes

Running a full node on the DASH network costs exactly 0 DASH + expenses

Happy now? Bickering about details is not making an argument, you know.
The central point is the missing collateral for full node operation, which Eduardo was lying about.

dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:55:56 AM

i was not able to get out my funds from cryptsy. Withdraw for BTC, LTC and DASH has "issues", wathever it is.
DOGE was the way to get my funds ( it was a bit lowert han 1 BTC ) out of the exchange.
For sure it was a 10% loss in the end but better than nothing and beeing goxed in the end.

Which is now the best way to enter the DASH market ? Poloniex ?
DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 10:15:24 AM

i was not able to get out my funds from cryptsy. Withdraw for BTC, LTC and DASH has "issues", wathever it is.
DOGE was the way to get my funds ( it was a bit lowert han 1 BTC ) out of the exchange.
For sure it was a 10% loss in the end but better than nothing and beeing goxed in the end.

Hi! If You Want to trade with Dash then of course Poloniex, Wink  because here is high volume. ..and trading fee is only 0.2%... bittrex have 0.25%...
DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 10:18:55 AM

Hi! If You Want to trade with Dash then of course Poloniex, Wink  because here is high volume. ..and trading fee is only 0.2%... bittrex have 0.25%...
I jumped out from cryptsy 2 weeks ago ...like a boss Smiley
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 10:25:30 AM

thanks, why is the volume so "low", any issues with dash over the last weeks. I have noticed bitfinex has delistet dash. is that the reason ?
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 11:25:40 AM

Can you believe I was considering to switch my chips to mining Monero approximately one month ago?? Here's how I feel now; NO FUCKING WAY.
Pages: « 1 ... 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 [5438] 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: