Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:45:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3947 3948 3949 3950 3951 3952 3953 3954 3955 3956 3957 3958 3959 3960 3961 3962 3963 3964 3965 3966 3967 3968 3969 3970 3971 3972 3973 3974 3975 3976 3977 3978 3979 3980 3981 3982 3983 3984 3985 3986 3987 3988 3989 3990 3991 3992 3993 3994 3995 3996 [3997] 3998 3999 4000 4001 4002 4003 4004 4005 4006 4007 4008 4009 4010 4011 4012 4013 4014 4015 4016 4017 4018 4019 4020 4021 4022 4023 4024 4025 4026 4027 4028 4029 4030 4031 4032 4033 4034 4035 4036 4037 4038 4039 4040 4041 4042 4043 4044 4045 4046 4047 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:09:30 PM

One question about InstantX please.

If I receive an InstantX payment can those InstantX funds received be spent immediately, or must a person wait for mining confirmations before being able to spend them?

So.

1. I have 0 DRK
2. somebody send me 10 by InstantX
3. How long must I wait to spend them or may i do so immediately after receiving them?

thansk

InstantX gives you immediate certainty of ownership, but you have to wait about 2 mins to spend the coins you received. This is important and a good practice because we still have an underlying Proof of Work network.  Basically, the merchant has to wait 2 minutes to spend his coins but the customer can pay and leave the premises with his goods after 4 seconds. That is the beauty of the system.

Warning: ChildHarold is a known SDC shill, that has killed his own coin with his hype and immature behavior. He normally comes here to troll in a subtle way.  I believe he is like 16 years old so please be understanding.

He asked a proper question that was discussed in the SDC thread (irc). You gave him a proper response and after it called him a shill and a troll.

That pretty much makes you the troll. Before calling me a shill also, I like both SDC and DRK, now you can implode in peace.

We have 4157 pages (more than a year) of experience dealing with trolls in our unmoderated thread.

Warnings like Minotaur did are very welcome here.

I was here on the early pages, also mined DRK with single gpu-s. That was a proper question there, nothing to warn about. I was curious on the answer too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
00Smurf

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:14:07 PM

If I receive an InstantX payment can those InstantX funds received be spent immediately, or must a person wait for mining confirmations before being able to spend them?

So.

1. I have 0 DRK
3. How long must I wait to spend them or may i do so immediately after receiving them?

thansk

InstantX gives you immediate certainty of ownership, but you have to wait about 2 mins to spend the coins you received. This is important and a good practice because we still have an underlying Proof of Work network.  Basically, the merchant has to wait 2 minutes to spend his coins but the customer can pay and leave the premises with his goods after 4 seconds. That is the beauty of the system.

Warning: ChildHarold is a known SDC shill, that has killed his own coin with his hype and immature behavior. He normally comes here to troll in a subtle way.  I believe he is like 16 years old so please be understanding.

He asked a proper question that was discussed in the SDC thread (irc). You gave him a proper response and after it called him a shill and a troll.

That pretty much makes you the troll. Before calling me a shill also, I like both SDC and DRK, now you can implode in peace.

We have 4157 pages (more than a year) of experience dealing with trolls in our unmoderated thread.

Lol so now its automatically implied one is a shill of a coin if they hold some of that coin. I felt he asked a pretty legit question in a non negative light. I mean there are only so many ways you can ask a question about things.

For what its worth I hold DRK and SDC among other coins so i guess that makes me a known DRK and SDC shill. Smiley
mpr20rt

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:14:28 PM

So.

1. I have 0 DRK

thansk

Well if you like both you must have some of both??
Are you catching my drift?

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash."  -  Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:23:00 PM

So.

1. I have 0 DRK
2. somebody sends me 10 by InstantX

thanks

LOL
you are funny !
 Grin
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:23:53 PM

So.

1. I have 0 DRK

thansk

Lol so now its automatically implied one is a shill of a coin if they hold some of that coin. I felt he asked a pretty legit question in a non negative light. I mean there are only so many ways you can ask a question about things.

For what its worth I hold DRK and SDC among other coins so i guess that makes me a known DRK and SDC shill. Smiley

No it is not automatically implied, this particular user has a history of this behavior. The warning was not for him, was for the rest of the community, as you may understand, we have a lot of new members that may not have the benefit of knowing some of the characters around here.

He did ask a proper question and he got a proper answer just didn't want to go into a long debate with him.  I apologize if it was rude. I will edit my post.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:24:03 PM

to 00Smurf :

i guess thats the problems people face when they get a certain reputation for trolling on other coins forums,
when they do have sincere questions and ask them in the very same forum they have been known to troll in the past
they will meet with a lot of suspicion.

In this case child_harold got his answer so i suggest you let it go and return to your own SDC forum.  

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:25:09 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2015, 03:01:38 PM by JGCMiner

So.

1. I have 0 DRK

thansk

I was curious on the answer too.

Problem is, that is not really an interesting or even relevant question.  Hence why it came off as a troll (maybe it indeed wasn't).

The WHOLE point of IX is to guarantee the receiver his/her coins without having to wait for the standard 3-6 confirmations to rule out a double spend.  This guarantee is really only needed for point of sale situations as well as for sending coins to exchanges -- and in both of those cases the same coins are not likely to be spent again within 2 minutes.  

IX was never really designed to offer an advantages in normal person to person transactions where a service is not expected upon receipt of the coins (I'll admit it is still cool to use even in that situation).  In those type of transactions where you are sending coins between wallets or lending money to a friend there really nothing lost in waiting for a single confirmation per usual.

Edit: Actually, you CAN send the same input immediately after it is confirmed by IX.  Hmmm, I don't remember it being like this on testnest.  Oh, well even better.  Grin
mpr20rt

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:35:43 PM

Anyway, I don't know if you guys tested it at all in my experience by the time I copy/paste receivers address I am able to spend them right away using simple tx.. I would say not after 2mins but within to 2mins...

Edit: That's why I suggest anyone interested to splash a whooping 3 bucks on the coin and test it yourself.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash."  -  Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:41:41 PM

Anyway, I don't know if you guys tested it at all in my experience by the time I copy/paste receivers address I am able to spend them right away using simple tx.. I would say not after 2mins but within to 2mins...

I think you are right the point is InstantX is designed for the customer the other part is irrelevant. You walk into a store, you grab something, you pay and in 4 seconds you leave.  You are in a subway station you buy something and as you are buying something on a vending machine your train arrives, you pay and you leave, the vending machine is not going anywhere it is you the customer who now has the freedom to leave quickly with your goods.

You deposit coins into an exchange InstantX locks that deposit after 4 seconds,  the exchange can make the balance available in your account immediately after a few seconds, as they have certainty of ownership.  They are not offering this yet as it is a new technology and they will let it mature for a while, but no doubt someone will offer an Instant deposit in the future and maybe charge a premium.

I hope this explains it better.
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:44:05 PM

the longer a user has to wait to spend the funds from an InstantX the less useful it is. That is why I asked. The answer given is 2 minutes. Is 2 minutes how long mining confirms take in DRK? Why 2 minutes? Could it take longer?

BTW I was in IRC with Evan when he did 1st DS testing.

MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:46:55 PM

So.

1. I have 0 DRK

thansk

No it is not automatically implied, this particular user has a history of this behavior. The warning was not for him, was for the rest of the community, as you may understand, we have a lot of new members that may not have the benefit of knowing some of the characters around here.

He did ask a proper question and he got a proper answer just didn't want to go into a long debate with him.  I apologize if it was rude. I will edit my post.

you were spot on man, i would not edit a thing. you politely answered his question and gave a friendly warning to new members about his trolling history.
dude has dedicated his life to trying to prove sdc is somehow better than darkcoin and monero yet he does not know the answer to a relatively simple question like that? maybe he is just ignorant but that's like a high school math teacher going online and asking what does 420 + 710 =?

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
JGCMiner

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:48:00 PM

the longer a user has to wait to spend the funds from an InstantX the less useful it is. That is why I asked. The answer given is 2 minutes. Is 2 minutes how long mining confirms take in DRK? Why 2 minutes? Could it take longer?

Yeah I just tested it.  You don't need to wait for a confirmation.  Coins received via IX can be immediately spent if you use a normal send (sending via IX requires inputs to have at least 5 confirmations so that obviously won't work).  
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:53:06 PM

Yeah I just tested it.  You don't need to wait for a confirmation.  Coins received via IX can be immediately spent if you use a normal send (sending via IX requires inputs to have at least 5 confirmations so that obviously won't work).  

There you go, then that is even better. Although, like I said the important part is really on the customer end:

I think you are right the point is InstantX is designed for the customer the other part is irrelevant. You walk into a store, you grab something, you pay and in 4 seconds you leave.  You are in a subway station you buy something and as you are buying something on a vending machine your train arrives, you pay and you leave, the vending machine is not going anywhere it is you the customer who now has the freedom to leave quickly with your goods.

You deposit coins into an exchange InstantX locks that deposit after 4 seconds,  the exchange can make the balance available in your account immediately after a few seconds, as they have certainty of ownership.  They are not offering this yet as it is a new technology and they will let it mature for a while, but no doubt someone will offer an Instant deposit in the future and maybe charge a premium.

JGCMiner

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:54:22 PM

There you go, then that is even better. Although, like I said the important part is really on the customer end:

Agree 100%.
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:02:21 PM

you sure seem to know everything about darkcoin and even hang out in the drk irc but did not know the answer to a pretty simple question like that?

unlike the way you purposely structured your question the goal in the future is to have lots of people using darkcoin so if they receive 10 drk from someone and need to immediately spend it within seconds they will have 100's of drk in their wallet and can do so. the situation you describe is rare now and will be irrelevant in the future. it all seems very obvious and transparent to me and others what you are doing. your "PR stunts" just turn people off to the coin you are pushing.

...keep spreading the word: speaking to developers, contacting marketplaces, pushing tweets and other social media @news organizations, thinking of PR stunts or viral campaigns and whatever else you can imagine.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:03:05 PM

Something for the german speaking audience, an interview I did with vertoe (thanks again for your time!!!):

http://bavaria-for-ron-paul.blogspot.de/2015/02/into-dark-interview-mit-einem-darkcoin.html
00Smurf

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:11:15 PM

to 00Smurf :

i guess thats the problems people face when they get a certain reputation for trolling on other coins forums,
when they do have sincere questions and ask them in the very same forum they have been known to troll in the past

In this case child_harold got his answer so i suggest you let it go and return to your own SDC forum.  

But as a DRK holder i have every right to be in this forum as well.

Anyways the whole question about being able to spend an instantX was part of a longer convo in irc about bitcoin confirms through a bitcoin ATM.
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:15:25 PM

to 00Smurf :

Anyways the whole question about being able to spend an instantX was part of a longer convo in irc about bitcoin confirms through a bitcoin ATM.

Non DRK holders have that same right so what's your point?

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:16:25 PM

Any Germans around ??

Hier ein sehr gutes Interview mit vertoe!
Danke @Macno

Into the Dark - Interview mit einem Darkcoin Entwickler

http://bavaria-for-ron-paul.blogspot.de/2015/02/into-dark-interview-mit-einem-darkcoin.html

Grin Wink Grin

JGCMiner

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:18:50 PM

to 00Smurf :

Well it has been answered.  You can spend it and spent it immediately as a normal send.
Pages: « 1 ... 3947 3948 3949 3950 3951 3952 3953 3954 3955 3956 3957 3958 3959 3960 3961 3962 3963 3964 3965 3966 3967 3968 3969 3970 3971 3972 3973 3974 3975 3976 3977 3978 3979 3980 3981 3982 3983 3984 3985 3986 3987 3988 3989 3990 3991 3992 3993 3994 3995 3996 [3997] 3998 3999 4000 4001 4002 4003 4004 4005 4006 4007 4008 4009 4010 4011 4012 4013 4014 4015 4016 4017 4018 4019 4020 4021 4022 4023 4024 4025 4026 4027 4028 4029 4030 4031 4032 4033 4034 4035 4036 4037 4038 4039 4040 4041 4042 4043 4044 4045 4046 4047 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: