Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:04:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3939 3940 3941 3942 3943 3944 3945 3946 3947 3948 3949 3950 3951 3952 3953 3954 3955 3956 3957 3958 3959 3960 3961 3962 3963 3964 3965 3966 3967 3968 3969 3970 3971 3972 3973 3974 3975 3976 3977 3978 3979 3980 3981 3982 3983 3984 3985 3986 3987 3988 [3989] 3990 3991 3992 3993 3994 3995 3996 3997 3998 3999 4000 4001 4002 4003 4004 4005 4006 4007 4008 4009 4010 4011 4012 4013 4014 4015 4016 4017 4018 4019 4020 4021 4022 4023 4024 4025 4026 4027 4028 4029 4030 4031 4032 4033 4034 4035 4036 4037 4038 4039 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722548 times)
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 09:04:48 PM

Interesting note at the bottom about the algo...... Is it another copy/paste of DRK like SPR is?

The only problem with your argument is it's not correct.  Spreadcoin is not a copy paste of Darkcoin.  Spreadcoin's masternode system is written from scratch.  In fact, it's so good, that very shortly after the Spreadcoin developer released the code, Evan Duffield made a post detailing how he was going to do the exact same thing as what the Spreadcoin dev did.

Seriously, look at the time stamps here:

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37.0 - Our dev releases his code January 27, 2015, 11:48:42 AM

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/v0-11-1-instantx-development-update.3769/ - Your dev writes his masternode update thread: January 27, 2015, 3:14 PM

And here is our dev explaining that's exactly what Spreadcoin already did: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/v0-11-1-instantx-development-update.3769/page-2#post-39115

The fact of the matter is, Darkcoin now has a very viable competitor that not only has a much more userfriendly masternode system (we created over 1600 masternodes in less than 48 hours on testnet because it's so easy) but it is much more profitable to run a Spreadcoin masternode as detailed here -- http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101.0

So keep buying your Darkcoin at these levels and I'll buy my Spreadcoin at these levels and run masternodes that are much more profitable.  Then in a couple months, maybe Darkcoin's new masternode implementation will be as good as Spreadcoin's is now.

Copy/paste?  By all means keep discounting the first serious competition Darkcoin has that is using similar technology and doing a better job of implementing it.  We'll see where we are in 6 months.

Regarding profitability, if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is, so let's wait for actual data. As for the rest, Spreadcoin took basically every single starting idea from darkcoin and then built on top of that. Standing on the shoulders of giants, who then push you down and stand back up on yours.

Tell that to MySpace.

Serious? MySpace was never open source. Facebook was never built from MySpace as a starting point. /facepalm

Facebook adopted the same general vision as MySpace but with a more userfriendly implementation.  Just as Spreadcoin is doing.  Darkcoin came up with masternodes and Spreadcoin rewrote them from scratch in a way that is much more user friendly.

And for the record, oblox has been posting up a storm in the Spreadcoin thread as well.

Fair is fair, right?

Dude, nothing was rewritten from scratch, just a few bits and bytes were tuned left and right, don't get yourself into such arguments when you never even looked over the code :-)

You should really stop that nonsense, I wish good luck to SPR, it needs it, but you cannot compare it at all to Darkcoin..

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
WestHarrison

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:06:13 PM

Interesting note at the bottom about the algo...... Is it another copy/paste of DRK like SPR is?

The only problem with your argument is it's not correct.  Spreadcoin is not a copy paste of Darkcoin.  Spreadcoin's masternode system is written from scratch.  In fact, it's so good, that very shortly after the Spreadcoin developer released the code, Evan Duffield made a post detailing how he was going to do the exact same thing as what the Spreadcoin dev did.

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37.0 - Our dev releases his code January 27, 2015, 11:48:42 AM

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/v0-11-1-instantx-development-update.3769/ - Your dev writes his masternode update thread: January 27, 2015, 3:14 PM

And here is our dev explaining that's exactly what Spreadcoin already did: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/v0-11-1-instantx-development-update.3769/page-2#post-39115

The fact of the matter is, Darkcoin now has a very viable competitor that not only has a much more userfriendly masternode system (we created over 1600 masternodes in less than 48 hours on testnet because it's so easy) but it is much more profitable to run a Spreadcoin masternode as detailed here -- http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101.0

So keep buying your Darkcoin at these levels and I'll buy my Spreadcoin at these levels and run masternodes that are much more profitable.  Then in a couple months, maybe Darkcoin's new masternode implementation will be as good as Spreadcoin's is now.

Copy/paste?  By all means keep discounting the first serious competition Darkcoin has that is using similar technology and doing a better job of implementing it.  We'll see where we are in 6 months.

Regarding profitability, if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is, so let's wait for actual data. As for the rest, Spreadcoin took basically every single starting idea from darkcoin and then built on top of that. Standing on the shoulders of giants, who then push you down and stand back up on yours.

Tell that to MySpace.

Serious? MySpace was never open source. Facebook was never built from MySpace as a starting point. /facepalm

Facebook adopted the same general vision as MySpace but with a more userfriendly implementation.  Just as Spreadcoin is doing.  Darkcoin came up with masternodes and Spreadcoin rewrote them from scratch in a way that is much more user friendly.

And for the record, oblox has been posting up a storm in the Spreadcoin thread as well.

Fair is fair, right?

dude you are honestly just turning people off from your coinn.
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:07:18 PM

OK ppl can we just stop? DRK HERE. Stop it
rfcdejong

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:07:33 PM

That is how i feel for not buying at 0.003-0.004

Anyway i missed the news and didn't bought DRK at all, now it went up too fast and too high to buy if you ask me
DavidR

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:07:38 PM

I don't even pay attention to Spreadcoin, The development update came from Francis and I chatting about it for weeks (Francis can vouch for the masternode improvement ideas being his in the document). There's some copying going on, but it's only in the other direction.

David dude you've been decapitated crawl back were you came from ill football your head in that general direction

Would you really expect him to say otherwise?

Look at the thread ---- https://darkcointalk.org/threads/v0-11-1-instantx-development-update.3769/

A couple months ago I open sourced the design so that I could work with researchers on perfecting it. However, it’s not presently done and the code is a simple prototype of what I intended. I would recommend other crypto-currencies from not using it until we’ve had a chance to thoroughly test and refine the logic, otherwise grave damage could be done to your network.
Spreadcoin is the only other coin implementing masternodes and InstantX.  If Evan pays no attention to Spreadcoin, who exactly is he warning?

He has been working on this new masternode system for weeks and weeks and just happens to post about it 3 hours after Spreadcoin releases theirs?  Pretty big coincidence.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:07:52 PM

Facebook adopted the same general vision as MySpace but with a more userfriendly implementation.  Just as Spreadcoin is doing.  Darkcoin came up with masternodes and Spreadcoin rewrote them from scratch in a way that is much more user friendly.

Fair is fair, right?

Middle school drama. I'm going to call out bullshit when I see it, regardless of where it is at. You guys are trying to ride on DRK's coat tails and that's fine, but don't try to spin it more than what it already is. I'm sensing a comparison between Litecoin and Feathercoin all over again.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 09:08:27 PM

I don't even pay attention to Spreadcoin, The development update came from Francis and I chatting about it for weeks (Francis can vouch for the masternode improvement ideas being his in the document). There's some copying going on, but it's only in the other direction.

David dude you've been decapitated crawl back were you came from ill football your head in that general direction

Would you really expect him to say otherwise?

Look at the thread ---- https://darkcointalk.org/threads/v0-11-1-instantx-development-update.3769/

A couple months ago I open sourced the design so that I could work with researchers on perfecting it. However, it’s not presently done and the code is a simple prototype of what I intended. I would recommend other crypto-currencies from not using it until we’ve had a chance to thoroughly test and refine the logic, otherwise grave damage could be done to your network.
Spreadcoin is the only other coin implementing masternodes and InstantX.  If Evan pays no attention to Spreadcoin, who exactly is he warning?

He has been working on this new masternode system for weeks and weeks and just happens to post about it 3 hours after Spreadcoin releases theirs?  Pretty big coincidence.

Welcome to my Ignore List :-)

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:09:56 PM

Middle school drama. I'm going to call out bullshit when I see it, regardless of where it is at. You guys are trying to ride on DRK's coat tails and that's fine, but don't try to spin it more than what it already is. I'm sensing a comparison between Litecoin and Feathercoin all over again.

This is actually pretty reminiscent of the XC currency.

@DavidR All the good will towards your project is being slowly chipped away from your posts.
DavidR

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:10:20 PM

Dude, nothing was rewritten from scratch, just a few bits and bytes were tuned left and right, don't get yourself into such arguments when you never even looked over the code :-)

You should really stop that nonsense, I wish good luck to SPR, it needs it, but you cannot compare it at all to Darkcoin..

At least you're fudding in your own thread instead of ours this time.

From our developer --- http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37.0

Is SpreadCoin [masternode] implementation based on DarkCoin?
No, this is original implementation.

How is it different from DarkCoin?
In SpreadCoin there are no centralized reference nodes to decide which masternodes should receive payments, it is decided by the network in decentralized maner. In DarkCoin the messages which select masternodes are separate from the blockchain and are distributed independently. This way it is possible that nodes will have different opinion on what masternode should receive next payment. In SpreadCoin all votes for masternodes will be stored in blocks and the payee will be uniquely determined from the previous blocks. Just like you can check that any transaction included in the block is correct by comparing its inputs with outputs in previous blocks you will be able to check that masternode payment is correct by checking previous blocks. Why bitcoin is so reliable? Because all nodes have exactly the same rules how to determine which blockchains are correct and which one is better (required more work) than others, these rules are only depended on blocks themselves, not on the order in which they were received them nor on any other messages which you may or may not receive in time. The network can be unstable in the case of some major event which will break connectivity between nodes but once connectivity between nodes is reestablished all nodes will stick to the same blockchain. The same will apply to SpreadCoin.
rfcdejong

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:11:13 PM

off topic: Stop talking about others coins in the DRK thread please.

Is the news causing DRK rising the InstantX functionality? What is it anyway Smiley
There are too many posts to find the details in this thread
DavidR

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:13:02 PM

Is the news causing DRK rising the InstantX functionality? What is it anyway Smiley

We did stop and then Darkcoin people invaded our thread.  Fair is fair right?

You guys are like arsonists complaining about the sound of the fire alarms.
tombtc

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:13:27 PM

Here we go again. DRK rising and suddenly they are promoting SPR in this thread.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:13:34 PM

Tell that to MySpace.

While I applaud the diversity of innovation that's now taking place in this space, it's becoming clear that the evolution of social network brands and their relative competitiveness is not a very instructive template for cryptocurrencies.

The last 2 years has seen every conceivable type of technological improvement over bitcoin's original appear on the scene. There have been many great successes at a technical level - better speed, smaller blockchain, proof of stake, contracts, assets etc. Yet those technical "improvements" never translated into relative marketcap. None of them even made a dent in Bitcoin. Litecoin probably got the furthest at around 10-20% but even that fell back and now stands at a paultry 2% of Bitcoin's cap.

Look at the top 10 market caps - they are all *originals*. There are various reasons for that - not least that it takes a monumental failure of a large cap asset for a holder base to wholesale dis-invest and re-invest in something else. All kinds of subtle network effects are another. Look at BTCe, one of the words formost and oldest exchanges. It still sticks with the coins it had 2 years ago.

DRK's technology and network properties will be improved upon in all kinds of ways I'm sure, but as far as the market is concerned it is A. an original crypto and B. a coherent, consolidated technology with a great track record of delivering results according to declared milestones. That will maintain and grow its marketcap for the long term.
mpr20rt

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:14:02 PM

You do realize that you just called most trusted alt crypto dev a liar? Do you even exist?

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash."  -  Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
DeCrypterManiac

Activity: 550

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:15:01 PM

We did stop and then Darkcoin people invaded our thread.  Fair is fair right?

You guys are like arsonists complaining about the sound of the fire alarms.

From reading through your post history your just the biggest fudder on the planet Smiley lol

Probably a sock puppet account...

Idiots...
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:16:27 PM

3.5 seconds confirmations. DRK is faster than any payment system on the planet, and trustless. Let it sink in...
DavidR

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:18:51 PM

See how much it sucks to have other coins invade your thread?

If you guys agree to stay out of ours with your bullshit we'll stay out of yours (well, at least I'll stay out of it I can't control others).

Keep coming back and I'll just keeping pointing out the myriad of ways that Spreadcoin has taken Darkcoin's ideas and done them better.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:19:52 PM

What is goin on with price?  Shocked

Everything you need to know about Darkcoin latest developments and future is here:

Recent interview with Evan Duffield lead developer of DRK.
https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/beyond-bitcoin-26-darkcoin
kointrend

Activity: 655

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:21:33 PM

Nice, I twitt it!
PhattyBanks

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:21:59 PM

hey guys its been a fun ride but keep in mind Chinese lunar new year is the 19th, if anybody remembers the massive Doge dump that happened last year that Wolong tried to warn everyone about.
Pages: « 1 ... 3939 3940 3941 3942 3943 3944 3945 3946 3947 3948 3949 3950 3951 3952 3953 3954 3955 3956 3957 3958 3959 3960 3961 3962 3963 3964 3965 3966 3967 3968 3969 3970 3971 3972 3973 3974 3975 3976 3977 3978 3979 3980 3981 3982 3983 3984 3985 3986 3987 3988 [3989] 3990 3991 3992 3993 3994 3995 3996 3997 3998 3999 4000 4001 4002 4003 4004 4005 4006 4007 4008 4009 4010 4011 4012 4013 4014 4015 4016 4017 4018 4019 4020 4021 4022 4023 4024 4025 4026 4027 4028 4029 4030 4031 4032 4033 4034 4035 4036 4037 4038 4039 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: