Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:46:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4252 4253 4254 4255 4256 4257 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 4263 4264 4265 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 4272 4273 4274 4275 4276 4277 4278 4279 4280 4281 4282 4283 4284 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 [4302] 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722547 times)
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 11:46:25 PM

KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM

Damn, What set you off? Seriousely?

PS  You can't discuss and ignore someone at the same time.  Unless you're a hypocrite or surrealist who enjoys performative contradiction.

Sure we can, its rather effective too. But lets be honest here, the real reason you are so upset is that you were exspecting this rebranding
to break the Darkcoin / DASH community up and when you noticed we didnt you couldnt handle that and resorted to below the belt
troll attacks on the Darkcoin / DASH forum.

Oh, don't worry, Mr. ICEBREAKER, you're safely back on ignore...

njs811

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:47:37 PM

So now the name change...How does this work? Is my DRK transferable into DASH?
the-baker

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:48:08 PM

KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM

Damn, What set you off? Seriousely?

Thanks for asking!

I dislike Dear Leader suddenly announcing a unilateral decision of a critical and controversial nature, then paying lip service to the coin's community when it reacts with predicable indignation.

I dislike the cult's discipline enforcers castigating their now-former fellow cultists for having the nerve to think independently of Dear Leader.

The way I read it from the sparse communication I've seen is that Evan accidentally "leaked" the new name while they were still working on sorting out the details. Everything after seems to be some improvised damage control. Your version works, too, of course, but it seems a bit ... colorful
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:49:09 PM

Nothing to transfer, we will just change name on wallet and exchange etc...
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:52:45 PM

It is just a name, nothing changes, same addresses same blockchain, same everything.  The way it works is: when we are ready we change the name and the logo and that is it.  In the meantime is business as usual, actually making the changes will take a bit of time and coordination.
njs811

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:56:10 PM

It is just a name, nothing changes, same addresses same blockchain, same everything.  The way it works is: when we are ready we change the name and the logo and that is it.  In the meantime is business as usual, actually making the changes will take a bit of time and coordination.

Not loving the new name, especially now that people are calling it digital trash. How long is it expected that the name change will take? And what should we expect as the floor on the price? Worst case scenario we see a giant panic sell. Although that gives us an opportunity to buy more. It seems to me that many people trade without understanding the inner-workings of a coin. So does anyone have a prediction for the floor on DASH?
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:58:06 PM

It is just a name, nothing changes, same addresses same blockchain, same everything.  The way it works is: when we are ready we change the name and the logo and that is it.  In the meantime is business as usual, actually making the changes will take a bit of time and coordination.

Not loving the new name, especially now that people are calling it digital trash. How long is it expected that the name change will take? And what should we expect as the floor on the price? Worst case scenario we see a giant panic sell. Although that gives us an opportunity to buy more. It seems to me that many people trade without understanding the inner-workings of a coin. So does anyone have a prediction for the floor on DASH?

floor : http://dc-charts.com/depth_drk.php?ex=9&cu=0&sw=2&tz=5&ar=0&dl=2&js=1&sc=0&ba=2&re=1

also keep an eye on the masternode count, its growing again (2332 now ) : https://drk.mn/masternodes.html

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
etoque
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:58:44 PM

It is just a name, nothing changes, same addresses same blockchain, same everything.  The way it works is: when we are ready we change the name and the logo and that is it.  In the meantime is business as usual, actually making the changes will take a bit of time and coordination.

We are already on floor, my advice; buy

There no sell order on book, mostly of dumper sell fear ahah, dat trap Wink
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:00:15 AM

Smiley

Enough voodoo price babble.

Quote from: ED+Team
+ Masternode - Proof of Service
+
+ -- What it checks
+
+ 1.) Making sure Masternodes have their ports open
+ 2.) Are responding to requests made by the network
+
+ -- How it works
+
+ When a block comes in, DoMasternodePOS is executed if the client is a
+ masternode. Using the deterministic ranking algorithm up to 1% of the masternode
+ network is checked each block.
+
+ A port is opened from Masternode A to Masternode B, if successful then nothing happens.
+ If there is an error, a CMasternodeScanningError object is propagated with an error code.
+ Errors are applied to the Masternodes and a score is incremented within the masternode object,
+ after a threshold is met, the masternode goes into an error state. Each cycle the score is
+ decreased, so if the masternode comes back online it will return to the list.
+
+ Masternodes in a error state do not receive payment.
+
+ -- Future expansion
+
+ We want to be able to prove the nodes have many qualities such as a specific CPU speed, bandwidth,
+ and dedicated storage. E.g. We could require a full node be a computer running 2GHz with 10GB of space.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:02:33 AM

Once Otoh's wall is eaten or pulled you might be looking at 0.005 area for a floor IMHO.  Lots of unhappy bagholders and the uncertainty about name change.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:06:28 AM

Once Otoh's wall is eaten or pulled you might be looking at 0.005 area for a floor IMHO.  Lots of unhappy bagholders and the uncertainty about name change.

sure, as soon as someone sells DASH / DRK wearth of 100 BTC only to find out Otoh has a lot more hidden DASH / DRK waiting to buy.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
etoque
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:06:38 AM

Once Otoh's wall is eaten or pulled you might be looking at 0.005 area for a floor IMHO.  Lots of unhappy bagholders and the uncertainty about name change.

So you think wall will be eaten again? Roll Eyes

Why dump?  Just.... Why? Roll Eyes
wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:07:37 AM

sure, as soon as someone sells DASH / DRK wearth of 100 BTC only to find out Otoh has a lot more hidden DRK waiting to buy.

He cant support it forever.

njs811

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:08:11 AM

Because people don't see these threads. They day trade and see the price dropping fast. So they dump. If you have enough people doing that then the price will definitely drop out of the sky.  
wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:08:39 AM

Two reasons I mentioned.  Uncertainty about name and people unhappy with name change.

etoque
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:10:16 AM

Lol, always the same, when we are down speaking of die and when we go up trying to build spaceship.

It call sentiment, try without now
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:11:04 AM

Once Otoh's wall is eaten or pulled you might be looking at 0.005 area for a floor IMHO.  Lots of unhappy bagholders and the uncertainty about name change.

sure, as soon as someone sells DASH / DRK wearth of 100 BTC only to find out Otoh has a lot more hidden DRK waiting to buy.

He cant support it forever.

what is stronger ? a big determined bullish whale known for his longstanding and upmoving buy walls and in full support of current dev team roadmap
or the sell side of the market that seems to be deminishing per day ?  

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 12:14:06 AM

He had two choices : list the advantages of Monero over DASH/Darkcoin or fud/troll DASH/Darkcoin, seems that the latter is easier to do.

The first option would be off-topic, so thanks for the invitation to discuss the latter.

Let's start with Digitaltrash's trusted 2nd tier, aka PonziNodes or MadoffNodes.

Trusting 3rd parties defeats the point of Satoshi's proof of work breakthrough.

Trusted 3rd parties are a non-starter for anyone who takes security seriously.  So is security through obfuscation, but we'll save that lecture for another day.

http://nakamotoinstitute.org/trusted-third-parties/

Trusted Third Parties Are Security Holes
Nick Szabo
Originally published in 2001

Commercial security is a matter of solving the practical problems of business relationships such as privacy, integrity, protecting property, or detecting breach of contract. A security hole is any weakness that increases the risk of violating these goals. In this real world view of security, a problem does not dissapear because a designer assumes it away. The invocation or assumption in a security protocol design of a "trusted third party" (TTP) or a "trusted computing base" (TCB) controlled by a third party constitutes the introduction of a security hole into that design.

If the risks and costs of TTP institutional alternatives were not accounted for in the protocol design, the resulting protocol will in most cases be too costly or risky to be practical. If the protocol beats these odds and proves practical, it will only succeed after extensive effort has gone into plugging the TTP security hole(s). TTP assumptions cause most of the costs and risks in a security protocol, and plugging TTP security holes produces the most benefit and profit.

As a result, we propose a security protocol design methodology whereby the most risky and expensive part(s) of a security protocol, the trusted third partie(s), are designed in parallel with security protocol(s) using those parties. The objectives of cost and risk minimization are focused on the TTPs rather than the security protocols themselves, which should be designed to suit the cost and risk minimized TTPs.

[icebreaker notes Digitaltrash's Ponzinodes maximize rather than minimize the cost and risk of TPPs, flagrantly violated Prof. Szabo's instructions.]

Many are the reasons why organizations may come to favor costly TTP based security over more efficient and effective security that minimizes the use of TTPs:

Limitations of imagination, effort, knowledge, or time amongst protocol designers – it is far easier to design security protocols that rely on TTPs than those that do not (i.e. to fob off the problem rather than solve it). Naturally design costs are an important factor limiting progress towards minimizing TTPs in security protocols. A bigger factor is lack of awareness of the importance of the problem among many security architects, especially the corporate architects who draft Internet and wireless security standards.

The temptation to claim the "high ground" as a TTP of choice are great. The ambition to become the next Visa or Verisign is a power trip that's hard to refuse. The barriers to actually building a successful TTP business are, however, often severe – the startup costs are substantial, ongoing costs remain high, liability risks are great, and unless there is a substantial "first mover" advantage barriers to entry for competitors are few.

[icebreaker notes Digitaltrash's lack of first mover advantage and the presence of numerous TTP-free competitors]

Personal Property Has Not and Should Not Depend On TTPs

For most of human history the dominant form of property has been personal property. The functionality of personal property has not under normal conditions ever depended on trusted third parties. Security properties of simple goods could be verified at sale or first use, and there was no need for continued interaction with the manufacturer or other third parties (other than on occasion repair personel after exceptional use and on a voluntary and temporary basis). Property rights for many kinds of chattel (portable property) were only minimally dependent on third parties – the only problem where TTPs were neededwas to defend against the depredations of other third parties. The main security property of personal chattel was often not other TTPs as protectors but rather its portability and intimacy.

Here are some examples of the ubiquity of personal property in which there was a reality or at least a strong desire on the part of owners to be free of dependence on TTPs for functionality or security:

-     Jewelry (far more often used for money in traditional cultures than coins, e.g. Northern Europe up to 1000 AD, and worn on the body for better property protection as well as decoration)
     -     Automobiles operated by and house doors opened by personal keys.
     -     Personal computers – in the original visions of many personal computing pioneers (e.g. many members of the Homebrew Computer Club), the PC was intended as personal property – the owner would have total control (and understanding) of the software running on the PC, including the ability to copy bits on the PC at will. Software complexity, Internet connectivity, and unresolved incentive mismatches between software publishers and users (PC owners) have substantially eroded the reality of the personal computer as personal property.

This desire is instinctive and remains today. It manifests in consumer resistance when they discover unexpected dependence on and vulnerability to third parties in the devices they use. Suggestions that the functionality of personal property be dependent on third parties, even agreed to ones under strict conditions such as creditors until a chattel loan is paid off (a smart lien) are met with strong resistance.

A good digital security protocol designer is not only an expert in computer science and cryptography, but also very knowledgeable about the traditional costly techniques of physical security, auditing, law, and the business relationships to be secured. This knowledge is not used to substitute these costly security methods for more cost effective digital security, but in order to minimize hidden dependence on costly methods for the real security. A good protocol designer also designs, rather than merely assumes, TTPs that work with minimal use of costly techniques

[icebreaker notes Digitaltrash's trusted 2nd tier maximizes vulnerability to all manner of physical security/auditing/legal/business costs.  Have fun reporting every duff that passes through your Ponzi node to the IRS after correctly calculating your cost basis/profit/tax liablity.]

Alan Karp, Mark Miller, and others have observed the confusion over words like "trust" and "trusted" as used in the security community, and proposed replacing the verb "trusts" with "is vulnerable to". This substitution is a great way to radically clarify security protocol designs. "Trusted third party" as used in this essay becomes "vulnerable to a third party", and the point of this paper, that this is a security hole, becomes obvious.

Conclusion

Traditional security is costly and risky. Digital security when designed well diminishes dramatically in cost over time. When a protocol designer invokes or assumes a TTP, (s)he is creating the need for a novel organization to try to solve an unsolved security problem via traditional security and control methods. Especially in a digital context these methods require continuing high expenditures by the TTP and the TTP creates a bottleneck which imposes continuing high costs and risks on the end user.

A far better methodology is to work starting from TTPs that either well known, or easy to characterize, and of minimal cost. The best "TTP" of all is one that does not exist, but the necessity for which has been eliminated by the protocol design, or which has been automated and distributed amongst the parties to a protocol. 

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:20:03 AM

wow... talk about not having one clue what you're talking about...
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:24:10 AM

The first option would be off-topic, so thanks for the invitation to discuss the latter.

Let's start with Digitaltrash's trusted 2nd tier, aka PonziNodes or MadoffNodes.

Trusting 3rd parties defeats the point of Satoshi's proof of work breakthrough.

Trusted 3rd parties are a non-starter for anyone who takes security seriously.  So is security through obfuscation, but we'll save that lecture for another day.

Good job Masternodes are trustless, eh?

If you had any clue about security you'd be mentioning the appalling mining centralisation most PoW currencies suffer from. Masternodes are fucking impregnable in comparison.
Pages: « 1 ... 4252 4253 4254 4255 4256 4257 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 4263 4264 4265 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 4272 4273 4274 4275 4276 4277 4278 4279 4280 4281 4282 4283 4284 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 [4302] 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: