Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:53:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4246 4247 4248 4249 4250 4251 4252 4253 4254 4255 4256 4257 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 4263 4264 4265 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 4272 4273 4274 4275 4276 4277 4278 4279 4280 4281 4282 4283 4284 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 [4296] 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:32:05 PM

Of all the reasons I can think of for dumping your holdings, that's probably one of the more ludicrous. He would have been a "disaster in marketing" if he'd stayed with a name that's synonymous with being stuck in a dark corner.

I've spent the last 10 years writing eCommerce systems for highly competitive businesses where they are precious as hell about their SEO. Google has changed its trawling algos beyond recognition in the last few years. Just because you've got a year's worth of 'clicks' to your credit doesn't mean you can't be dropped in an instant or - conversely - that you can't capitalise on rankings that you've earned to date.

What the marketing team need to do is carefully use 301's to redirect the crawlers to the new domains. That will let the new domains capitalise on the ranking that the current sites have.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/93633?hl=en

At any rate, search engine rankings are only 1 aspect of a very big proposition - if anything it's why the name change needs to be done now and not when the project's been driven so far up the "dark" cul-de-sac that it doesn't have an option anymore.

Also, see this.....https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10740995#msg10740995

Thanks for pointing this out, Tok. Like I said I'm agree with rebranding but decide to go with DASH ( Evan is the one who almost decided everything) is foolish IMO.
None of your examples are world class brand. If you want to create the next Bitcoin, your brand name must be important enough too.

And I'm not the only one, look how many people hate this new name. Evan might be success in creating a most hatred cryptocoin, LOL.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:32:28 PM

Here is another more thought out sketch my friend did.

Have to say prefer the other logo... The arrow looks a bit rubbish.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
valentino007

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:33:31 PM

Think of it. Dash will be at least $100 a Dash in the future.

So selling a masternode (future value $100.000) now is something you can tell your grandchildren about (from the poorhouse that is  Roll Eyes)

Or they will buy twice as much in a dump!
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:34:00 PM

ok seriously people are worried about pumping the price right now?  Make the most of it!!  Roll Eyes Smiley
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:34:14 PM

Of all the reasons I can think of for dumping your holdings, that's probably one of the more ludicrous. He would have been a "disaster in marketing" if he'd stayed with a name that's synonymous with being stuck in a dark corner.

I've spent the last 10 years writing eCommerce systems for highly competitive businesses where they are precious as hell about their SEO. Google has changed its trawling algos beyond recognition in the last few years. Just because you've got a year's worth of 'clicks' to your credit doesn't mean you can't be dropped in an instant or - conversely - that you can't capitalise on rankings that you've earned to date.

What the marketing team need to do is carefully use 301's to redirect the crawlers to the new domains. That will let the new domains capitalise on the ranking that the current sites have.

At any rate, search engine rankings are only 1 aspect of a very big proposition - if anything it's why the name change needs to be done now and not when the project's been driven so far up the "dark" cul-de-sac that it doesn't have an option anymore.

Also, see this.....https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10740995#msg10740995

Thanks for pointing this out, Tok. Like I said I'm agree with rebranding but decide to go with DASH ( Evan is the one who almost decided everything) is foolish IMO.
None of your examples are world class brand. If you want to create the next Bitcoin, your brand name must be important enough too.

And I'm not the only one, look how many people hate this new name. Evan might be success in creating a most hatred cryptocoin, LOL.

Digital cash - Your grand mother will probably well understand what is it now,more easy friendly name than bitcoin I found Smiley
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:35:11 PM

Pumping ? This is not XMR

We deserve a better price.
Terzo2

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Everyone who sells right now is getting out of crypto not just darkcoin. This is the last real valuable project among all alts. I'm not selling. I do not want usd or euro , I prefer crypto

thats an excellent post, i had to unhide you to read it but i'm glad i did
That is the real situation in my point of view. Some people are selling to pay the bills. I'm here not just to pay the bills , but to get rich . You can see what big money(like otoh) are doing . And there are these little guys telling me darkcoin/ dashcoin is no good, I prefer not to listen to them.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:37:06 PM

Something we won't have to worry about - LMFAO

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113697/garzik-signs-space-deal-ibm-working-on-bitcoin-rival

-------------------------------------
Blockchain may be under sybil attack from a “compliance” monitoring group
Users on Bitcointalk have noticed a “regulatory compliance” company, Chainalysis, running nodes on the blockchain aimed at absorbing transaction data to be sold to clients seeking to trace funds. The action puts the anonymity of Bitcoin transactions further at stake. /r/bitcoin user 321432 explains:

“These fake nodes have been observed for quite a while now, around 5% of the total listening 'nodes' in the network are owned by this company. They do nothing but aggressively announce themselves to attract more people to connect to them and de-anonymise themselves. For all we know they own even more nodes than this, it's impossible to know how deeply they have sybil attacked the network.”

Very interesting thread about it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=978088.0
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:37:46 PM

Whether people like it or not the name change is the trigger for this... Whatever the tech, its all wrapped up in the brand, tech and community.. If google suddenly changed their name to wobble then it would cause some consternation, we are seeing the same...

If the new name does not work out, like other coins Dark will die.. I dont think that will happen, I subscribe to the more positive view, but the risks did just get greater and for some people those risks may not be ones they can tolerate.....

I dont think this is all down to traders....

Lets see what happens..

Oh I am loving this,  at these prices more people have access to creating masternodes. Below 3,000 dollars is great pricing I am getting ready to get a couple more MNs.  This way new interested investors can create their nodes and no one can say it was too expensive to invest, this is the chance for Average Joe to invest in nodes.

How much revenue does a masternode generate a month approx.?

I will answer you in terms of DASH ROI, the value in FIAT will of course depend on the price.

Requirements

In order to run a Masternode, an investor needs to buy 1000 DRK/DASH as collateral. These coins remain in control of the investor, but he needs to put them into one of his addresses and associate that address with the node.  The network checks that the node is running and that the funds are not moved, this classifies as a valid Masternode and then it is eligible to get paid.  With each mined block on the network a Masternode from the active Masternode list is selected and gets a payment, when all masternodes on the list are paid, the payment cycle starts again.
When there are updates in the software the Masternode operators have 7 days to update to the latest version, after that, they are dropped from the active Masternode list and stop getting paid until they update.

DASH ROI

You can estimate like this:

- Currently Masternodes get 40% of the block reward.

- The minimum block reward in DASH(DRK) is 4.65 DASH at this moment. I will assume difficulty is high enough so that we are dealing with the minimum reward for a worst case scenario situation, sometimes there are blocks with higher rewards. The minimum DASH block reward decreases by 7% annually to avoid abrupt block halvings, that already happened earlier this year so 4.65 DASH will be valid until next year.

- Average block-time in DASH is 2.5 min, so there are ~576 blocks per day. So 576*4.65DASH*40% = 1071.36 DASH alloted for the whole masternode network currently, we need to divide this by the 2300MN active masternodes. This gives us

~Monthly masternode income = 13.97 DASH
 ~Current Minimum DASH Annual ROI = 17%*

*This will change and go up throughout this year as the masternode network reward share will continue to increase each month to incentivize node creation following this schedule:

IMPORTANT:

-So in the end it will really be more than my estimation above as the reward share will continue to increase each month until it reaches 60% March 2016.  

-Having said that the number of Masternodes will also likely increase so I think it is safe to say tha the minimum annual return for a node in DASH should be around 20-25 %

-Now the return in FIAT could be a lot more if the coins appreciate in value year to year.

- Finally, and very important you always retain control of your 1000DASH and are able to liquidate them at any point you wish, you would then obviously just stop getting paid.

I really hopes this helps.

splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:38:13 PM

someone dumping on otohs wall  Huh
nooo, his wall is @ 0,01000000 and someone was dumping @ 0,010001 so there is a hidden wall Smiley wondering if it`s Otoh too Smiley))

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
AizenSou

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:40:54 PM

Digital cash - Your grand mother will probably well understand what is it now,more easy friendly name than bitcoin I found Smiley

Digital Cash sounds better than the stupid DASH. I prefer DigiCash or Dcash. Can't believe that you guys choose DCash. I should have listen to vertoe when he told me to dump at 0.012. Now no where to dump.
Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:41:26 PM

I'm also selling my stash too. PM please.

uhhh you already sold your Dash why are you still here?
AizenSou

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:46:13 PM

I'm DRK supporter from the beginning, don't mistake me for a troll. But this time is really ridiculous. Just imaging that someone just killed the coin you love the most, what do you think ? I have a broken heart here, seriously.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:46:51 PM

And I'm not the only one, look how many people hate this new name.

AizenSou -

I won't disrespect your opinion because it's clearly held in good faith, but I must just respond for the record.

It's been well argued that the name reflects the product more than the product reflects the name - specially if it's a name that doesn't carry too much weight of its own.

Names are a glass half full - glass half empty thing. A name can't "kill a coin" IMO but a coin can sure kill a name as we've seen with a whole flotilla over the last year. The power lies with the product and the name needs "work" which this one does IMO.

All the same, if it's not palatable for some I respect their right to follow their preferences - thats what markets are for and I definitely believe in the power of markets. I won't be selling though because for me, this type of action is exactly the reason I got into this coin.

I think it's necessary, constructive and brave.
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:48:50 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2015, 08:09:11 PM by Minotaur26

I'm DRK supporter from the beginning, don't mistake me for a troll. But this time is really ridiculous. Just imaging that someone just killed the coin you love the most, what do you think ? I have a broken heart here, seriously.

That is only your opinion and I can't see the rationale behind it, yet I respect it. You should also respect the opinion of everyone else that recognizes rebranding will help us reach and serve more people, with the same exact technology. This technology is very good and should be shared with the world.
bandidorl

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:50:31 PM

I don´t know how people can be so stupid, some whales are loading a lot of DRK with hidden orders and making profit of the uncertainty of the name change and a lot of stupid people are selling his DRK to them.

Is obvious and I think is possitive for the future of DRK.

No whale will buy at 0,012 if they can get is coins at 0,01 and they don´t want a big crash because it can make his is investment out of control.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:51:48 PM

Whether people like it or not the name change is the trigger for this... Whatever the tech, its all wrapped up in the brand, tech and community.. If google suddenly changed their name to wobble then it would cause some consternation, we are seeing the same...

If the new name does not work out, like other coins Dark will die.. I dont think that will happen, I subscribe to the more positive view, but the risks did just get greater and for some people those risks may not be ones they can tolerate.....

I dont think this is all down to traders....

Lets see what happens..

Oh I am loving this,  at these prices more people have access to creating masternodes. Below 3,000 dollars is great pricing I am getting ready to get a couple more MNs.  This way new interested investors can create their nodes and no one can say it was too expensive to invest, this is the chance for Average Joe to invest in nodes.

How much revenue does a masternode generate a month approx.?

I will answer you in terms of DASH ROI, the value in FIAT will of course depend on the price.

Requirements

In order to run a Masternode, an investor needs to buy 1000 DRK/DASH as collateral. These coins remain in control of the investor, but he needs to put them into one of his addresses and associate that address with the node.  The network checks that the node is running and that the funds are not moved, this classifies as a valid Masternode and then it is eligible to get paid.  With each mined block on the network a Masternode from the active Masternode list is selected and gets a payment, when all masternodes on the list are paid, the payment cycle starts again.
When there are updates in the software the Masternode operators have 7 days to update to the latest version, after that, they are dropped from the active Masternode list and stop getting paid until they update.

DASH ROI

You can estimate like this:

- Currently Masternodes get 40% of the block reward.

- The minimum block reward in DASH(DRK) is 4.65 DASH at this moment. I will assume difficulty is high enough so that we are dealing with the minimum reward for a worst case scenario situation, sometimes there are blocks with higher rewards. The minimum DASH block reward decreases by 7% annually to avoid abrupt block halvings, that already happened earlier this year so 4.65 DASH will be valid until next year.

- Average block-time in DASH is 2.5 min, so there are ~576 blocks per day. So 576*4.65DASH*40% = 1071.36 DASH alloted for the whole masternode network currently, we need to divide this by the 2300MN active masternodes. This gives us

~Monthly masternode income = 13.97 DASH
 ~Current Minimum DASH Annual ROI = 17%*

*This will change and go up throughout this year as the masternode network reward share will continue to increase each month to incentivize node creation following this schedule:

IMPORTANT:

-So in the end it will really be more than my estimation above as the reward share will continue to increase each month until it reaches 60% March 2016.  

-Having said that the number of Masternodes will also likely increase so I think it is safe to say tha the minimum annual return for a node in DASH should be around 20-25 %

-Now the return in FIAT could be a lot more if the coins appreciate in value year to year.

- Finally, and very important you always retain control of your 1000DASH and are able to liquidate them at any point you wish, you would then obviously just stop getting paid.

I really hopes this helps.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, thats exactly what I was looking for.

Cheers.

bandidorl

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:52:23 PM

I dont understand ... Do people dump simply because of a name change?
Who does that ... Tomorrow if Google changes to Gargle ... or something .. I am going to be using the same search service.

It just doesn't fucking matter.

I really think is all orchestrated by some unknown whales (not otoh I think) to get a lot of cheap DRK .

That´s what I would do if I were a whale with a lot of BTC available.
valentino007

Activity: 150

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:53:03 PM

someone dumping on otohs wall  Huh
nooo, his wall is @ 0,01000000 and someone was dumping @ 0,010001 so there is a hidden wall Smiley wondering if it`s Otoh too Smiley))

He could buy a lot more if he remove's it,maybe he is not online right now.
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:53:15 PM

I dont understand ... Do people dump simply because of a name change?
Who does that ... Tomorrow if Google changes to Gargle ... or something .. I am going to be using the same search service.

It just doesn't fucking matter.

Here is what you are missing, it is just group psychology really, everyone assumes that others will sell because some will not agree with the name change, so they sell with the intention to buy lower and see if they can profit from the uncertainty. Then sometime after the news the minority that had real intention of exiting is out, and only the bluffers are still in the game. From there is just a poker game to see who can really profit and who can't when it bounces.
Pages: « 1 ... 4246 4247 4248 4249 4250 4251 4252 4253 4254 4255 4256 4257 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 4263 4264 4265 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 4272 4273 4274 4275 4276 4277 4278 4279 4280 4281 4282 4283 4284 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 [4296] 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: