Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:33:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 [4349] 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722681 times)
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:07:00 PM

I'm not technical, but am thinking about running 1 Masternode. I use a mac and can't keep my computer on 24/7, what are my options? And how much can I expect to make with 1 Masternode running 24/7 per day with each option?

Most Masternodes are run on linux servers (not directly on your computer), some people can help you to set one up. For example you can look at GhostPlayer's signature.

More info : https://darkcointalk.org/forums/masternode-guides.66/
Taylor05

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:09:25 PM

https://blockchain.info/charts/avg-confirmation-time

mintime: 5 min for one confirmation
maxtime: 11 min for one confirmation

Why are you even here? The only reasons I can think are 1) to FUD Darkcoin so that you can buy some for hopefully a fraction of a percentage cheaper, or 2) because you honestly think that this coin is some kind of fraud and you genuinely think you are protecting us, the uninformed innocent, from the evils of this coin (and have nothing better to do with your life). If the former, you are an idiot, because any "savings" you are getting must be miniscule compared to the effort you've been exerting. If the latter, well, at this point we have all heard what you've had to say and literally everyone here disagrees with you. Apparently, we cannot be "saved" from our misguided decision making. It has been made clear to you over and over again that your comments are not valuable or welcome here, yet you keep coming back. So I'd say scenario #2 you are an idiot as well.

Or, maybe you just enjoy annoying people? Who even has time to post all the crap you do? Go get a job or (another) hobby!

Great, one example of an exchange that will take your funds after one confirm. Do you really think that in any way discredits Evan or his point that bitcoin confirmations take a really damn long time? I have waited an hour for just three confirms, let alone six. Pointing to a chart of "average" confirmation times doesn't make it untrue that bitcoin can take an hour. Hell, there are Darkcoin blocks that due to simple randomness have taken 50 minutes in extreme cases. If anything, if this is your "body of evidence" that Evan is dishonest, you are only discrediting yourself.

Please, stop wasting everyone's time - including yours - clogging up this forum with gibberish.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:10:00 PM

I'm not technical, but am thinking about running 1 Masternode. I use a mac and can't keep my computer on 24/7, what are my options? And how much can I expect to make with 1 Masternode running 24/7 per day with each option?
PMed you.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Taylor05

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:12:12 PM

Ghostplayer, I love you bro, but to be honest our constant aggressive reply to trolls, as a community, does not help. It is exactly what he wants and no matter what you say he will always come up with something else, that is his purpose here and he seems to enjoy it very much.

Every time we reply to a troll, no matter what our reply is, we give them the opportunity to post again. And when we say things like we are going to pet with trolls we sound juvenile.  And then we start a spiral where others that are definitely not trolls like wpalczynski, get involved and we end up insulting non-trolls and it all just gets ridiculous.

Please let him say whatever he wants, testnet is restarting with a bunch of updates we should be excited and discussing that. We should try to keep an intelligent discussion going and that is impossible to do if we keep replying to trolls.
Sorry, Minotaur... couldn't help myself. I'll keep my mouth shut going forward! Some days you just get fed up with some people, you know?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 03:13:46 PM

Don't bother. 

The lead dev has a private key which lets him control all the MalwareNodes.

Just ask the cheerleaders here, they will confirm this is correct (while performing entertaining logical gymnastics to justify such a terrible no good awful idea).

Trusting a third party with your property is not advised; they are security holes:

http://nakamotoinstitute.org/trusted-third-parties/

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:15:53 PM

Ghostplayer, I love you bro, but to be honest our constant aggressive reply to trolls, as a community, does not help. It is exactly what he wants and no matter what you say he will always come up with something else, that is his purpose here and he seems to enjoy it very much.

Every time we reply to a troll, no matter what our reply is, we give them the opportunity to post again. And when we say things like we are going to pet with trolls we sound juvenile.  And then we start a spiral where others that are definitely not trolls like wpalczynski, get involved and we end up insulting non-trolls and it all just gets ridiculous.

Please let him say whatever he wants, testnet is restarting with a bunch of updates we should be excited and discussing that. We should try to keep an intelligent discussion going and that is impossible to do if we keep replying to trolls.

Minotaur... I do get you, but what is the alternative, just let this thread derail into troll hell? This is the wild-west of ultra-trolling and FUD.

Unfortunately, BTCtalk is still the central hub where newcomers come to find info. There is a non-stop 24/7 shift of trolls just talking trash and disinformation, trying to defame Evan and our project.

Some jokes aside, I try to turn my posts into actual factual content. For every attempt of FUD, I come back with fact and back up my claims. Then, any sensible newcomer trying to discern what is what, can at the very least have a clear indication on "which side" to follow.

For those who actually want a sensible debate, they have darkcointalk.org ... soon to rebrand too ...
 Make sense? I mean, who really really comes to this thread to gather information?

It's for them I write, not the trolls themselves ... lol ... have way better things to do.

This is EXACTLY what I mean ...

Don't bother.  

Just ask the cheerleaders here, they will confirm this is correct (while performing entertaining logical gymnastics to justify such a terrible no good awful idea).

Trusting a third party with your property is not advised; they are security holes:

majamina

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:17:32 PM

https://blockchain.info/charts/avg-confirmation-time

mintime: 5 min for one confirmation
maxtime: 11 min for one confirmation

Why are you even here? The only reasons I can think are 1) to FUD Darkcoin so that you can buy some for hopefully a fraction of a percentage cheaper, or 2) because you honestly think that this coin is some kind of fraud and you genuinely think you are protecting us, the uninformed innocent, from the evils of this coin (and have nothing better to do with your life). If the former, you are an idiot, because any "savings" you are getting must be miniscule compared to the effort you've been exerting. If the latter, well, at this point we have all heard what you've had to say and literally everyone here disagrees with you. Apparently, we cannot be "saved" from our misguided decision making. It has been made clear to you over and over again that your comments are not valuable or welcome here, yet you keep coming back. So I'd say scenario #2 you are an idiot as well.

Or, maybe you just enjoy annoying people? Who even has time to post all the crap you do? Go get a job or (another) hobby!

Great, one example of an exchange that will take your funds after one confirm. Do you really think that in any way discredits Evan or his point that bitcoin confirmations take a really damn long time? I have waited an hour for just three confirms, let alone six. Pointing to a chart of "average" confirmation times doesn't make it untrue that bitcoin can take an hour. Hell, there are Darkcoin blocks that due to simple randomness have taken 50 minutes in extreme cases. If anything, if this is your "body of evidence" that Evan is dishonest, you are only discrediting yourself.

Please, stop wasting everyone's time - including yours - clogging up this forum with gibberish.

Dude, AdamWhite is almost certainly a pathetic paid Troll, earning BTC dust or Steam Credit to come on here and trash the thread with FUD and BS.

The idea is that by continually posting the same BS over and over again, people visiting the thread to research DRK/DASH will be put off investing, thus hurting the coin.

The reality is that DRK/DASH is largely held by savvy investors who understand the fundamentals of the coin and see a bright future. Anyone researching the coin thoroughly will likely determine the same. There may be one or two investors who fall for AdamWhite's BS, but we can do fine without them.

As we can see, Adam has been trolling the thread and the price hasn't suffered at all. In fact, we are retracing nicely from the dumps last week and ready to resume the uptrend.

bluebit25

Activity: 1680
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 03:22:30 PM

So the lead dev has a private key which lets him control all the MasterNodes? Why does he need to control all MasterNodes? In the future, will he be in control or is this just temporary and if so how long will this continue?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:24:02 PM

So the lead dev has a private key which lets him control all the MasterNodes? Why does he need to control all MasterNodes? In the future, will he be in control or is this just temporary and if so how long will this continue?

No dude, that's not true at all... Its total FUD.
 We have well over 2000 Masternodes, all very happily earning you rewards.

Check this out...

https://drk.mn/#mnlistdetail
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:24:49 PM

No, he does not. There is a private key for engaging the spork but that's it. This allows us to prevent forks for the time being while bugs are getting troubleshooted on mainnet when new features get rolled out.
majamina

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:24:55 PM

Don't bother. 

These Monero guys are hilarious....so desperate.
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:27:11 PM

I'm amazed by people like you, who don't like the coin but read that thread with such thoroughness and spend so much time in it. That's like a life mission.
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:27:21 PM

Yeah, Monero is just looking sad... spreading false shit and then causing drama in the old Dashcoin thread. I'm questioning even keeping my XMR hedge on with how shitty they act. If their project is that insecure that they have to resort to attacking other coins to gain exposure, well, that says a lot about their project... Apparently it can't stand on its own two feet but needs to try to cut the legs off others to get someplace. Sad.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 03:32:18 PM

Yeah, Monero is just looking sad... spreading false shit and then causing drama in the old Dashcoin thread. I'm questioning even keeping my XMR hedge on with how shitty they act. If their project is that insecure that they have to resort to attack other coins to gain exposure, well, that says a lot about their project...

TRUE or FALSE?

TRUE or FALSE?

It's true, and you don't even bother denying or justifying it.

You like trusting your cult leader with the key to all the MalwareNodes.

Just admit it.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:33:36 PM

Yeah, Monero is just looking sad... spreading false shit and then causing drama in the old Dashcoin thread. I'm questioning even keeping my XMR hedge on with how shitty they act. If their project is that insecure that they have to resort to attack other coins to gain exposure, well, that says a lot about their project...

TRUE or FALSE?

TRUE or FALSE?

It's true, and you don't even bother denying or justifying it.

You like trusting your cult leader with the key to all the MalwareNodes.

Just admit it.

It's false but go on continuing to represent your community poorly.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 03:34:29 PM

Yeah, Monero is just looking sad... spreading false shit and then causing drama in the old Dashcoin thread. I'm questioning even keeping my XMR hedge on with how shitty they act. If their project is that insecure that they have to resort to attacking other coins to gain exposure, well, that says a lot about their project... Apparently it can't stand on its own two feet but needs to try to cut the legs off others to get someplace. Sad.

I too am thinking about dumping my XMR just to clean my palate of its ever increasing bad taste it's leaving in my mouth.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
salmion

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:34:42 PM

megatroll sad to see drk didn't leave for boring monero in droves

False. It turns enforcement on/off that's it. It's kind of useful when you have the kind of massive updates we have.

That's it.
bluebit25

Activity: 1680
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 03:35:41 PM

Check this out...

So the daily payout rate is currently 70 cents for 1 Masternode?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:39:22 PM

Check this out...

So the daily payout rate is currently 70 cents for 1 Masternode?
It's approximately 576 (ideal blocks per day [24 hours x 60 minutes divided by 2.5 block confirms]) x 4.64 block reward (floor value adjusted for diff; block reward decreases by ~7.1% annually) x 40% (increases 2.5% per month until 60%) = 1069 coins to the masternodes divided by the masternode count (2322) = .46 DRK/DASH per day x .0113 BTC rate = .0052 BTC x $288 BTC Price = $1.50/day.
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:41:21 PM

Minotaur... I do get you, but what is the alternative, just let this thread derail into troll hell? This is the wild-west of ultra-trolling and FUD.

Unfortunately, BTCtalk is still the central hub where newcomers come to find info. There is a non-stop 24/7 shift of trolls just talking trash and disinformation, trying to defame Evan and our project.

Some jokes aside, I try to turn my posts into actual factual content. For every attempt of FUD, I come back with fact and back up my claims. Then, any sensible newcomer trying to discern what is what, can at the very least have a clear indication on "which side" to follow.

For those who actually want a sensible debate, they have darkcointalk.org ... soon to rebrand too ...
 Make sense? I mean, who really really comes to this thread to gather information?

It's for them I write, not the trolls themselves ... lol ... have way better things to do.

Then we could just present those facts in the same forum page without replying to the trolls when needed, that would be enough. By directly replying to them we just "derail the thread into troll hell", so is like we are trying to put out a fire with gasoline.

We can't control what they post and how they handle themselves but we can control how we manage it. We need rational responses not emotional reactions.  They are provocateurs their objective is to wind up people and it just saddens me when we play into their game.  We can just ignore them, present information on the same forum page for lurkers and leave it be.  That would be the best course of action, but trolls know that out of a large group of people they are likely to get an emotional reaction from someone.  Just know that that is exactly what they want.

Pages: « 1 ... 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 [4349] 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: