Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:49:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 [4362] 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 4411 4412 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
Brometheus

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:01:15 AM

LOL, so now the spork trigger is being fudded as a key to control masternodes?  

1. The code for the spork trigger, which is used to keep the network from fragmenting while DRK/DASH is under heavy construction, is all in the open code, and  you can see there that it does nothing but enable/disable enforcement of minimum wallet version, at least that's how I understand it, correct me if I'm wrong.-- and the previous wallet will have min. wallet enforcement from before so that a network manipulator will still be limited to how old a wallet he can use.  The rest of the network will still reject bad actors.

2.  This does NOT give anyone any control over any masternode, except it's owner.

3.  It might continue to stay in place for some time because we're still improving the technology and it makes hard forks less risky, and the risk to the network is virtually nothing other than possibly causing masternodes to miss out on payments.  This is a risk we understand, but it can not be avoided when introducing new or upgraded technology.  And this very new technology is what gives DASH it's value.

Well said Grin

I'm done feeding the trolls
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 03:25:28 AM

Kind Reminder for DASH members...please respect other members and do not quote, feed or engage Trolls or Fudsters!

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:34:59 AM

A FUDsters response to God creating the world in 7 days

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

So your "God" is like the ultimate dev and just made the stuff from nothing? Who has the repo now? Where's the code and who's reviewed it? What a crock! You people are unbelievable! This was a scam from the beginning to try and explain stuff. All written in some supposed "holy" book that billions of you idiots have based societal values on. Ridiculous!

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Oh so it's all light AND dark now! So where'd the light come from eh?! I guess your dev just invented it? What did he rub two sticks together? And what's the point of night and day? You can't see shit at night, but then you're all blind anyway so what does it matter? Stupid dooffuses!

And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

Yeah a vault where he keeps all the instamined stuff he hasn't told you about with special keys only he controls. Yet you douchebags just go along with it! You get up everyday and head off into "your little world" talking to each other, interacting, doing stuff....some of you even have kids that you supposedly "love" (ridiculous notion) and cherish.....pathetic!

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

Ooohhh right....the scam's just gone hyperbolic! Androids f^*~ing everywhere now! I suppose your dev claims they all carry a version the block chain too?! Yeah that'd be right. You guys would believe anything!

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

What's this crap? So there are two versions from your "wonderful" dev? And they're completely different? How the hell's that going to work? That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard! They'll never get on! I give this a max of a week before it all implodes. Idiots!

God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

Multiply! Multiply.  I call scam!  Your dev's created code that makes them multiply! That's inflation my friends. What 2 becomes 4...then becomes 8...then 16....then where does it end? You're kidding me! What's the frigging point of this? Your dev's making the instamine look like a boy scout stealing cookies. Douchebags!

Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.

Finished!! It's about as "finished" as a pile of lego in front of a 3 year old who doesn't know where to start. I suppose you think because the world is such a stunning place and humans are so amazing this proves stuff? Fools...Mars and Venus are just as good; they just haven't been worked on much....

By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

Typical for your dev. Sitting around doing nothing. Shameful! After a criminal instamine of epic proportions across the first 6 days he's just backed right off! Unbelievable! The whole things just a complete crock. None of it exists....even me writing all this FUD probably doesn't. You're all buffoons. I call SCAM!

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:36:19 AM

Let's Talk Bitcoin! #196 Distortions towards Privacy

On Todays Show Matthew interviews Evan of the Darkcoin project for an in-depth look at how one community has attacked and perhaps solved many of the privacy concerns that are a part of Bitcoin.

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-196-distortions-towards-privacy-or-many-hands-makes-light-work
 Grin Grin Grin

1st time on LTB
Woop Woop
 Wink
and still
Woop Woop
Brometheus

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:37:03 AM

Kind Reminder for DASH members...please respect other members and do not quote, feed or engage Trolls or Fudsters!

Agreed,

I, and I hope all DASH members will refrain from engaging the Trolls

I was drawn in by their blatant B.S.  Smiley

In the end DASH will speak for all of us!
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:40:31 AM

-snip-

noooooooooooo!

renegademan short stories
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 03:40:40 AM

Let's Talk Bitcoin! #196 Distortions towards Privacy

On Todays Show Matthew interviews Evan of the Darkcoin project for an in-depth look at how one community has attacked and perhaps solved many of the privacy concerns that are a part of Bitcoin.

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-196-distortions-towards-privacy-or-many-hands-makes-light-work
 Grin Grin Grin

1st time on LTB
Woop Woop
 Wink
and still
Woop Woop
Yup...great Interview!!!!

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
RenegadeMan

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:47:46 AM

noooooooooooo!

renegademan short stories

I've barely begun arielbit.

The next one is the sad story of a man who lived in a kennel with a dog. One day, the dog got a better offer and up and left. The next day a another dog came but the relationship soured when the man hounded (pun) the dog 24x7 about why the first dog left? Eventually he ended up on the dog black-list and was shown no love from anydog because all he knew how to do was demand to be told why the first dog had left....

Kienbui

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:50:14 AM

Hi,

I think I don't understand about Transaction Abbreviation.

Could anyone please explain me more?

Thanks
RenegadeMan

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:56:50 AM

In case any of you missed this posting from early October last year that Toknormal referenced with a link a couple of pages back, here it is reproduced in full. Well worth reading:

Darkcoin is technologically and psychologically flawed. There is space next to a Bitcoin for a mainstream anonymous coin. However the only way such an anonymous coin can succeed is by making the libertarian argument...

I think you've made the right points but picked the wrong coin.

The "Libertarian argument" is nothing to do with labels or brands. Nor does it need to be "NSA" proof. The "Libertarian argument" centres around privacy being a core prerequisite to financial freedom. If you're going to cite that as your criteria then a practical level of anonymity is all that's required. Despite that, the technological approach now being implemented on the Darkcoin network goes way beyond a "practical level of anonymity" and, as other posters have pointed out, is already getting endorsements by 3rd party auditors.

The other reason that DRK supports the "Libertarian argument" with greater fidelity than its competitors is due to its 2-tier approach. By pursuing this route instead of an integrated one like cryptonote which puts BOTH the commercial AND technological interfaces right out on a limb, Darkcoin is addressing the mainstream economy - not the "dark" economy. It has planted its commercial interface square in the centre of Bitcoin's world while freeing its second tier up to provide an anonymity service for that mainstream economy.

The elegance of design in making those two layers independent is Darkcoin's real strength - the anonymity layer isn't "welded" into the blockchain technology as it is with most of its competitors, thereby giving them the clumsiest transmission mechanism around because they've got to do everything in realtime at the point of transaction. A bit like going out to hunt every single time you get hungry instead of going once and keeping the animals in a pen for when your ready to eat.

In my opinion this is a far greater flaw by an order of magnitude than anything you've cited about Darkcoin.

JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:58:07 AM

WOW!!! Anybody who hasn't yet listened to the LTB episode do it NOW! Shocked

Just had a chance to hear it and it is really excellent on all levels. A great interviewer who was knowledgeable and asked questions until he had got a satisfactory explaination, Evan is clear about where we came from and what will happen next in the development cycle -- it really is just very very good. Well worth the 45 minutes.

It also made me realize that we are part of something big and that agruing with trolls and the like is very pointless. I was replying to trolls earlier as well so I will apologize for my part in that.  

Anyway take a listen: Grin
jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 04:05:45 AM

Just had a chance to hear it and it is really excellent on all levels. A great interviewer who was knowledgeable and asked questions until he had got a satisfactory explaination, Evan is clear about where we came from and what will happen next in the development cycle -- it really is just very very good. Well worth the 45 minutes.

It also made me realize that we are part of something big and that agruing with trolls and the like is very pointless. I was replying to trolls earlier as well so I will apologize for my part in that.  

To add a cherry on top of it all, the markets are reacting nicely. 

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 04:09:51 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 04:25:23 AM by bigrcanada

Earlier today I talked with one of our Canadian exchange members...and they where all ears when I said I was a member of the Darkcoin foundation.  He said the office is all a buzz with Darkcoin. What really surprised me was that they didn't even know that we are now moved away for Darkcoin...and are DASH, he was super excited.  He was floored and really saw this as a huge step forward.  I'm looking forward to meeting him and their CEO to maybe further discuss DASH's potential impact in the crypto world.  I'm already getting excited feedback via email.  This is great....people are really starting to ramp up!

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 04:30:10 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 06:23:30 AM by iCEBREAKER

Why Evan Duffield need dashcoin codebase?

They are after the name in order to pick a legal fight with another company that has filed an application to register Dash as a trademark.

This instamined scam coin, with its ridiculous trusted-despite-being-backdoored-third-party MalwareNodes, is now reduced to trademark trolling?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RenegadeMan

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 04:32:50 AM

More lies and slander

And you're all SOOOOO worried about it you have nothing more up your sleeves than to come to our thread a post more lies and slander.

That really is the definition of pathetic.

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 04:33:29 AM

DRK - Dash Stats 18th March
 Wink

EDIT:
DO NOT QUOTE THE TROLLS !
JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 04:39:33 AM

Hi,

I think I don't understand about Transaction Abbreviation.

Could anyone please explain me more?

Thanks

Well first I would listen to the podcast as it is explained pretty well. I would suggest listening to the whole thing, but if you must skip then go to the last 15 minutes as that is where it is mentioned.  

In brief it works like this:
The same input is sent from A →B →C →D in four transactions. Currently that entire history is dragged around in the blockchain but really the only thing that matters is A →D. Thus the history can be pruned using a combination of masternodes and miners. Take a listen for more explanation.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 04:40:31 AM

DRK - Dash Stats 18th March
 Wink

EDIT:
DO NOT QUOTE THE TROLLS !
That face could scare the trolls away... Grin Is that you? :p

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 04:45:58 AM

We need a simplified how to and FAQ for newbies for DASH?  Something I can print out would be great.  Thanks

PS.  Solid price stability with slow gradual increases.  Nice!

wackyD

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 04:49:07 AM

lol I've never previously had to click so many on ignore! Must be a sign that the project is steaming ahead!
Pages: « 1 ... 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 [4362] 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 4411 4412 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: