Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 [5372] 5373 5374 5375 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722508 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 02:42:54 AM

So a mesh network like the open WiFi mesh?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_mesh_network

Not an expert but I'd have to guess so. One of the listed routing protocols for example uses MAC instead of IP.

And one of the related items is this btw: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DASH7 Grin

Ssssssshhh! I think you just came across one of Evan's projects  Grin

I also remember that one laptop per child (OLPC) wanted to use a mesh network to help people in remote communities.  i.e. perhaps one 'off ramp' to the internet in a small village but use an open wifi mesh network in the village to provide the connectivity.  

Not sure if this worked out in practice but can see the advantage, obviously in a dense urban environment this seems to work.  I'll update with a link to the OLPC when i find it.

Update

Design goals (from wiki)

Ability to act as a mesh point when laptop's main CPU is off. (Small enough to run autonomously on Marvell's 88W8388 802.11 wireless module)
Minimize power consumption in autonomous mode.
Support for asymmetric links/paths.
Incremental releases -- mesh networking is needed immediately on XO. Upgrades will continue to improve functionality and adherence with standards.
Simultaneously act as a Mesh Point as well as an infrastructure node.
Follow 802.11s draft when possible.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Mesh_Network_Details

The more they tighten their grip, the more systems slip through their fingers Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 02:46:46 AM

What's with the Dashcoin?  Please tell them to use DashPay or Dash, eh?  I'll complain myself, LOL Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 02:48:06 AM

I see your point but I'm not apologetic for showing a glimpse into how this crew operates.

These guys are just the puppets.

Hey, it's not like I don't incite, it's just so nice right now, It'd be nice if it stayed that way for a while.  Trolls are so pathetic and depressing.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 02:59:08 AM

http://da-data.blogspot.nl/2014/08/minting-money-with-monero-and-cpu.html

It's all there greaser trolls, sorry you had a bad day, nice try though, time to go crawl back in the sewer where you belong.

Your first sentence was a bit, well, it felt like you'd be inviting them beings who live under bridges back over here for a fest.

Also, It took me a while to realize I was supposed to choose the article you were talking about from the left hand column.  *Just so people know it's there.

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 03:12:09 AM

What's with the Dashcoin?  Please tell them to use DashPay or Dash, eh?  I'll complain myself, LOL Smiley

we got the story corrected
but the link is still the link
(they will not change that as then all their posts are invalid !
 Wink
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 03:13:30 AM

Give yourselves a pat on the back!
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 03:27:40 AM

Wink

OK, I won't complain then Smiley

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 03:35:25 AM

Wow, even in 2014 they were trolling!  Great info on this and just shows what a sham/scam Monero really is, and what scumbag tactics they use for anyone they are jealous of.  Thanks for the ammo! 

The post below has some analysis on the subject, from 2014 but worth reading and reflecting the current situation.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=755840.0

Thanks ceti and tuppydog, I haddn't ever seen that thread.  Man, that's seriously dirty.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 03:48:14 AM

I'm sorry, you are absolutely right, I shouldn't have started anything, my fault to you and the trolls. Have a nice night.

I see your point but I'm not apologetic for showing a glimpse into how this crew operates.

These guys are just the puppets.

Hey, it's not like I don't incite, it's just so nice right now, It'd be nice if it stayed that way for a while.  Trolls are so pathetic and depressing.

I was trying to say I say the wrong things all the time!  I just hate it when those oafs come here and the conversation just goes on and on on their misinformation.  And it's kinda nice at the moment, so I didn't want it to change Smiley  Don't go away on my account please!  Unless you're sleepy of course Smiley

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 03:52:32 AM

So a mesh network like the open WiFi mesh?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_mesh_network

Not an expert but I'd have to guess so. One of the listed routing protocols for example uses MAC instead of IP.

And one of the related items is this btw: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DASH7 Grin

Ssssssshhh! I think you just came across one of Evan's projects  Grin

I also remember that one laptop per child (OLPC) wanted to use a mesh network to help people in remote communities.  i.e. perhaps one 'off ramp' to the internet in a small village but use an open wifi mesh network in the village to provide the connectivity.  

Not sure if this worked out in practice but can see the advantage, obviously in a dense urban environment this seems to work.  I'll update with a link to the OLPC when i find it.

Update

Design goals (from wiki)

Ability to act as a mesh point when laptop's main CPU is off. (Small enough to run autonomously on Marvell's 88W8388 802.11 wireless module)
Minimize power consumption in autonomous mode.
Support for asymmetric links/paths.
Incremental releases -- mesh networking is needed immediately on XO. Upgrades will continue to improve functionality and adherence with standards.
Simultaneously act as a Mesh Point as well as an infrastructure node.
Follow 802.11s draft when possible.

Back to this, it's really quite amazing!  I can see, even in the middle of nowhere, a small tower, like they've built for the internet everywhere, could also be used for such a system.  In fact, if they could boost wifi enough, they could have communication between villages in no time!  Is there an intrinsic reason that the signals can't be boosted to reach, say 5 miles?  Actually, it doesn't have to be wifi, and maybe it doesn't have to be a single type of signal.  A hybrid between long range and wifi could work.

I love learning about these things here!  You all always bring up new tech and ideas, and yes, this is a valid possible solution to institutional attacks on the Masternode network.

raico

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 04:51:40 AM

All good for Bitcoin is good for Crypto-Currency~

All good for Crypto-Currency is good for Dash~

The more you know about the BTC/crypto/Dash, the more you will understand that.

Dash
All good for Bitcoin is good for Crypto-Currency, at the present~
All good for Crypto-Currency is good for Dash, in the end~
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 05:02:53 AM

Masternode access via open mesh.  So i guess if you were a mobile user and there was a open mesh hot spot nearby you could connect for free and get updates to your mobile wallet and future masternode services?

Raspberry Pi MN's running on open mesh then?  Wink

SHHHHHHH  If Mangled Blue hears that, there'll be no calming him down again! LOL.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 05:04:27 AM

Hey "oaf" is my word haha!  I now see the history of Monero and the paid trolls and lies, and I see how they have tried to tear down any other coin that is more successful then them.  It's worse than high school.  Then having their own developers trolling, it really is just depressing and pathetic, you are right.  I am going to bed, but it's very nice too meet you even if it is under these trolling circumstances....

Ha ha, you'll  have to share!  Yah, got a class in the morning, I better get my butt in bed too!

Yah Bigr, I know I've read that before.  I couldn't find the other article mentioned above?

Good night everyone Cheesy

bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 05:15:54 AM

Hey "oaf" is my word haha!  I now see the history of Monero and the paid trolls and lies, and I see how they have tried to tear down any other coin that is more successful then them.  It's worse than high school.  Then having their own developers trolling, it really is just depressing and pathetic, you are right.  I am going to bed, but it's very nice too meet you even if it is under these trolling circumstances....

Ha ha, you'll  have to share!  Yah, got a class in the morning, I better get my butt in bed too!

Yah Bigr, I know I've read that before.  I couldn't find the other article mentioned above?

Good night Ms.  T.    When you have some time... Just to clarify, is there another article that accompanies the one I site from ceti above?  Ceti any leads on this front?  I would like to point out the Hippocrates that Trollero s are with this.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 05:52:50 AM

Yah Bigr, I know I've read that before.  I couldn't find the other article mentioned above?

Good night Ms.  T.    When you have some time... Just to clarify, is there another article that accompanies the one I site from ceti above?  Ceti any leads on this front?  I would like to point out the Hippocrates that Trollero s are with this.

Oh yes please have a read, August 2014 but very much relevant, it's aged well like I'm sure your wine does  Grin

Hi Ceti...is there another article that you have a link to other then this one?  

http://da-data.blogspot.nl/2014/08/minting-money-with-monero-and-cpu.html?m=1

Thanks great work compiling all this trash from Trollero.  Can you create an updated link post with all these golden nuggets so we can keep the forum users informed on what Trollero is really about?  That would be great and I'd like to bump that forward on here if they show up again....

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 10:27:46 AM

Ssssssshhh! ...
...I love learning about these things here!  You all always bring up new tech and ideas, and yes, this is a valid possible solution to institutional attacks on the Masternode network.
Not only can I see you but I also know your heart beat and how stressed you are  Cheesy
http://gizmodo.com/wifi-networks-can-now-identify-who-you-are-through-wall-1738998333

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 12:24:55 PM

Wink

There was no premine!? Dont get me wrong, fan and holder of dash, but there was a dodgy premine...

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 12:30:42 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2015, 12:41:12 PM by qwizzie

What's with the Dashcoin?  Please tell them to use DashPay or Dash, eh?  I'll complain myself, LOL Smiley

Wink

There was no premine!? Dont get me wrong, fan and holder of dash, but there was a dodgy premine...

premine versus instamine : pls learn the difference

Premine : Coins were given out before mining started. That means basically in the genesis block a certain amount of coins were distributed to accounts when the chain started.
In PoS coins, this is typically a 100% premine as all the coins are created at block 0. An popular example of this is NXT.
credits : SomethingElse

Instamine / Fastmine : is different and also has a much broader definition. That is when a cryptocurrency in its early hours / days / period due to either accidental Instamine (Dash) or intentional crippling of mining software (Monero) or 1 person / group through early mining ending up with a large number of coins (Bitcoin / Satoshi 1 million BTC), delivers a lot of coins in a select few hands.

Dash Fastmine / Instamine problems in the early days (2014) : The Facts
https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118

The whole cryptocurrency scene could be seen currently as an Instamine to the outside world as only a small percentage of the human population is aware of it .. although the high Bitcoin price in 2014 and the media hype that followed after that could have changed that by now.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 12:53:59 PM

Premine : Coins were given out before mining started. That means basically in the genesis block a certain amount of coins were distributed to accounts when the chain started.
In PoS coins, this is typically a 100% premine as all the coins are created at block 0. An popular example of this is NXT.
credits : SomethingElse

Instamine / Fastmine : is different and also has a much broader definition. That is when a cryptocurrency in its early hours / days / period due to either accidental Instamine (Dash) or intentional crippling of mining software (Monero) or 1 person / group through early mining ending up with a large number of coins (Bitcoin / Satoshi 1 million BTC), delivers a lot of coins in a select few hands.

And now, according to this account at least, we need to add Giftmined where >50% of the entire network hashpower is gifted to a couple of individuals for a couple of months to turn them into millionaires by crippling the official code with ELNs (endless loops of nonsense).

The joys of early-day crypto  Wink
kointrend

Activity: 655

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 01:06:45 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQumISxkJsQ

It's possible do the same with the dash electrum wallet, isn't it?
Pages: « 1 ... 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 [5372] 5373 5374 5375 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: