Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:59:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722717 times)
CryptoCurrencyConvention

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 09:10:51 PM

We are all excited about Darkcoin!!!
martins

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Residencial Castor Apart-Hotel

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 09:15:55 PM

hey guys cmon get back on topíc, has the test finished? im lazy after being all day out of home! i want to test it...

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:21:57 PM

I doubt that the sgminer is under-performing . . Hope we can milk out much from our GPU cows . . .  Grin
DEVS . . . . My gpu's are getting lazy . .
Do something . .

There is a good side and a bad side to GPU mining right now.

The "bad" side is that the current GPU implementation may be underperforming - not necessarily due to bad programming but due to the way the hashes are accelerated on GPUs. Some hashes may be more compatible while other hashes less compatible. This is kind of quite good news for ASIC-resistance actually, being an early indicator.

The "good" side is that if everyone uses the same GPU implementation then everyone consumes less energy and preserves their hardware better. It also keeps CPU mining alive (I don't know about rented instances, but for desktop mining its viable*).

* Pools MUST reduce the 0.1 DRK fee because it's killing small miners. It takes many hours to mine that kind of quantity. Gone are the days of many coins per day.

Well Said Alex . . Can we run both our gpu's and the cpu of the same computer at the same instance?
Will that harm in anyways?

In linux I see no difference with 100% cpu use on all cores. Windows though require a few cores being idle in order for the gpu mining to not be affected. I only have 2 cores and even with 1 core mining the gpu is affected in windows, so I'm doing it in linux.

kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:22:33 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 11:31:06 PM by kaene

hey guys cmon get back on topíc, has the test finished? im lazy after being all day out of home! i want to test it...

9 PM EST, Wednesday 19, starts.
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:23:19 PM

How is it superior?
On the technology front, Darksend is based upon CoinJoin which you can read about here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279249.0

On the marketing front, we're not named Fedora Coin and don't have to go to other people's threads to try and get people to buy our dying coin.
*facepalm*
If I hadn't read about the non existing mixing service of DRK in other threads, I wouldn't be here.
You do realize that we can view your post history which shows tons of post in Fedora Coin's thread and this being your first here, correct?

That was a good comeback, lol.  I'm not taking sides just yet.
Considering all your posts in the Fedora Coin thread, I suspect I know which side you're going to be on.

To the person saying we should be hyping Darkcoin, THIS is why we don't hype Darkcoin.  All you do is leave a negative connotation with your coin.  If your coin is truly good, it's going to perform well in the long term.  If it's crap, well, you can put all the strawberry jam you want on a giant dog crap but the fact is, you're still eating crap.

Maybe some of these guys coming from the Fedora Coin thread will wise up, dump their dying coin while they can, and get in early on Darkcoin (as we're still VERY early) instead of just embarrassing themselves.

The reason why Darkcoin had a sudden increase in price is very loosely related with hype at the moment. It's a quality coin that was hidden away behind all other hype coins since its release. Now that hype died down on a bit on Max/Doge/Vert etc. , people are seeing this coins true value and it has risen to reflect that it seems. With a market filled with clones and junk, darkcoin seems to be one of the rarer high quality coins.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
Audity

Activity: 81

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:25:35 PM

I've heard some people mention Zerocoin in comparison to Darkcoin. I don't know if I have any opinion on the former (or even much of the latter unless I read a lot more), but here's something interesting on the Zerocoin site:

"Can I use [Zerocoin] now?

Not yet. We have released a prototype library exposing the zerocoin functionality. See software. For Zerocoin to be useful, however, it either needs to be integrated into Bitcoin, adopted by some other alternative block chain currency (far more likely), or become an alternative currency itself and get some adoption. This will take time and other people’s involvement."

What does "other alternative block chain currency" mean? Is it possible Darkcoin could integrate Zerocoin as its adoption? Or is it largely pointless since they offer similar purposes, with perhaps Darkcoin being even better since it's actually available right now, etc.?

Support your favorite new cryptos. Trade at Cryptsy, the most well known clusterfuck of success.
martins

Activity: 140

Residencial Castor Apart-Hotel

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 09:35:46 PM

9 PM EST starts.
ty i'll be waiting.

tjc

Activity: 145

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:38:16 PM

I am getting about 30% stales. 4 x 270 with sgminer on pool.darkcoin.io. 4.8 Mh/s

--thread-concurrency 20000 -I 22 --gpu-engine 1100 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-powertune 20 --auto-fan  2>logfile.txt

Anything I can do on my end to reduce these?

Reading tells me these are the biggest factors: long polling, pool load, and miner-to-pool latency. I'll check latency now.

Thanks
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:40:17 PM

I am getting about 30% stales. 4 x 270 with sgminer on pool.darkcoin.io. 4.8 Mh/s

--thread-concurrency 20000 -I 22 --gpu-engine 1100 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-powertune 20 --auto-fan  2>logfile.txt

Reading tells me these are the biggest facorts: long polling, pool load, and miner-to-pool latency. I'll check latency now.

Thanks

Try reducing intensity...
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:45:25 PM

Hey guys... And Dev team.

I want to help out in terms of popularity an SEO - Social Network Links, Backlinking and all that I have experience in this field.

I also have a huge email list in the IM niche and starting new campaigns on Bitcoins and most importantly DARKCoins.

That being said, www.drkcoin.com is part of this project. It is not complete nor is it a competition.

It is a portal to the main website. I also touched up the logo a bit.

I am not here for copyright or any trademark abuse. I am a fan of this coin, I hold many and I want it to succeed.

I am open to ideas and suggestions but before I put real work into this I want to know if its okay with the dev team.

Cheers,

Ty.

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
tjc

Activity: 145

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:46:24 PM

Reading tells me these are the biggest facorts: long polling, pool load, and miner-to-pool latency. I'll check latency now.

Thanks

Wow. I 18 seems to have solved it for now. Still about 4.8 Mh/s too.

Thanks!
amartinz

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:59:17 PM

Every time I buy some coins the price falls to the hell Sad Today is not an exception. WTF???
slyA

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:03:28 PM

Hey guys... And Dev team.

I want to help out in terms of popularity an SEO - Social Network Links, Backlinking and all that I have experience in this field.

I also have a huge email list in the IM niche and starting new campaigns on Bitcoins and most importantly DARKCoins.

That being said, www.drkcoin.com is part of this project. It is not complete nor is it a competition.

It is a portal to the main website. I also touched up the logo a bit.

I am not here for copyright or any trademark abuse. I am a fan of this coin, I hold many and I want it to succeed.

I am open to ideas and suggestions but before I put real work into this I want to know if its okay with the dev team.

Cheers,

Ty.

Could you mold the website to look something like this? http://manofsteel.warnerbros.com/index.html?home
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:05:42 PM

How is CoinJoin going?

Dark is awesome.  I am seeing more are more innovative coins lately!  NXT, XCP, DARK are top in my book.  Saw a new one called Heavycoin that is doing some interesting things.

Keep up the good work devs!

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
Coin-Moron

Activity: 540

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:06:19 PM

I doubt that the sgminer is under-performing . . Hope we can milk out much from our GPU cows . . .  Grin
Do something . .

The "bad" side is that the current GPU implementation may be underperforming - not necessarily due to bad programming but due to the way the hashes are accelerated on GPUs. Some hashes may be more compatible while other hashes less compatible. This is kind of quite good news for ASIC-resistance actually, being an early indicator.

The "good" side is that if everyone uses the same GPU implementation then everyone consumes less energy and preserves their hardware better. It also keeps CPU mining alive (I don't know about rented instances, but for desktop mining its viable*).

* Pools MUST reduce the 0.1 DRK fee because it's killing small miners. It takes many hours to mine that kind of quantity. Gone are the days of many coins per day.

Well Said Alex . . Can we run both our gpu's and the cpu of the same computer at the same instance?

In linux I see no difference with 100% cpu use on all cores. Windows though require a few cores being idle in order for the gpu mining to not be affected. I only have 2 cores and even with 1 core mining the gpu is affected in windows, so I'm doing it in linux.

Thanks man . . Started mining using both in windows . . i dont find much fluctuations in the hash rate of the gpu's.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:09:26 PM

I have some newbie mining questions.

I started with cryptos about a month or so ago, and tried some cloud mining recently (my PC is way too wimpy to mine with) and tried the Azure trial/CPU mining with darkcoin. The last couple of days it's slowed down, a lot... and I see in the lottery pool a block hasn't been found in a long time now.

Anyway, is this because of the GPU miner? Has it basically destroyed CPU mining on this coin completely? Or is the lottery pool messed up?

My Azure trial is winding down (maybe a couple of days left, if I stretch it out), so just wonder if I should point it at something else before it conks out completely. On the plus side, I did get in some mining between the whale and before GPU mining took off, so mined about 110 coins out of it, for free, so I can't really complain.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:12:43 PM

I have some newbie mining questions.

I started with cryptos about a month or so ago, and tried some cloud mining recently (my PC is way too wimpy to mine with) and tried the Azure trial/CPU mining with darkcoin. The last couple of days it's slowed down, a lot... and I see in the lottery pool a block hasn't been found in a long time now.

Anyway, is this because of the GPU miner? Has it basically destroyed CPU mining on this coin completely? Or is the lottery pool messed up?

My Azure trial is winding down (maybe a couple of days left, if I stretch it out), so just wonder if I should point it at something else before it conks out completely. On the plus side, I did get in some mining between the whale and before GPU mining took off, so mined about 110 coins out of it, for free, so I can't really complain.

well, when it comes to pools, its all got something to do with luck,

right now lotterymining is in a bad streak, small pool vs overall network hashrate equals smaller chance of success per valid block

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:13:46 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 10:27:24 PM by AlexGR

Thanks

Thanks!

Intensity creates lag in the card. It's too loaded with work to process and thus is very slow to interact with the network. Even if you saw a drop of, say 0.5 MHs or 1 MHs you'd still be more efficient than losing 30% in rejects.

When you see something like:

[23:57:50] Stratum from (null) detected new block
[23:57:53] Rejected e9000000 Diff 0/0 GPU 0 etc etc,

...that 3 second difference between the detection of the block and the rejection is too large because the card was too busy processing to take note. It must be within the same second - at most within one second. Otherwise not only are shares rejected, but the card is processing outdated crap because it hasn't taken the signal to change workload to another block.

Most people use the highest intensity possible to maximize hashrate but that's the wrong approach. The faster a coin produces blocks (say 30secs / 60secs etc) the bigger the problem. If the card takes, say, 2 seconds to be alerted that it has to change its processing to something else, that's eons of time of wasted processing power that are not gained by a +1-2% of increased intensity.

For my 5830/6850 the ideal is i18 for scrypt litecoin (2.5m block generation) and i17 for 60sec-30sec scrypt coins like DOGE. Otherwise I'm losing too much processing power in workload that is not really relevant, plus I have stales. The ultimate measure of success is how much accepted difficulty per hour one has. The more the better. KH/s are kind of secondary.
meebs

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:14:16 PM

Do something . .

the cpu and gpu mining programs are different programs altogether and can be run simultaneously. Just keep in mind the extra draw on the PSU and to account for the sudden CPU heat and power usage.

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

meebs

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:15:50 PM

Thanks

Thanks!

18 seems to be the sweet spot for my 270's. when I went higher.. the gpu showed same hash rate.. however the 5sec average plummeted.

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: