Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:48:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722547 times)
darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:17:44 PM

Yes, we know the DarkSend test is soon, but when people ask when it will be, they already know it is soon, so saying 'soon' isn't really any kind of answer! :/ Throw us a bone with numbers written on it, if you catch my drift. 

Grin

I don't have a date, but I'm guessing in 2-3 more tests I'll allow people to start using DarkSend on the mainnet using the ubuntu/windows binaries. There's really no risk to using it and it should be stable in a couple weeks.

The problem is to opensource it I need to do a fair amount of work to secure the way it works and make sure it's very robust in dealing with possible errors/issues. But I can start to work on that while you all are using it on mainnet.

Awesome great to hear! Just as long as we're the first coin! Wink  I think it's good in the longterm that you want to open source it, I'm just worried you might open source it too soon?  We need to get Darkcoin as THE anonymous coin, (just like bitcoin was and is THE digital coin) and get it established before.  All over the news etc.  If it's open source I'm worried the news etc, will just pick up on the technology, rather than the coin, and pass it over.  Letting other coins adopt the technology, and leaving the original, and your hard work in the dust.

Surely is Darkcoin / Darksend, is THE way to send anonymously, surely it's better than being one of many ways / coins..

I agree 100%. I remember when Megacoin was getting raped by the multipools and Kimoto forked to introduce the Kimoto Gravity well. It was awesome and worked great. There was much speculation about how it would work but after time, it proved to be a success. it was open source and now almost every coin has incorporated the KGW at the seeming expense of Megacoin but at the benefit of the community.
mattmct

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:24:56 PM

Yes, we know the DarkSend test is soon, but when people ask when it will be, they already know it is soon, so saying 'soon' isn't really any kind of answer! :/ Throw us a bone with numbers written on it, if you catch my drift. 

Grin

I don't have a date, but I'm guessing in 2-3 more tests I'll allow people to start using DarkSend on the mainnet using the ubuntu/windows binaries. There's really no risk to using it and it should be stable in a couple weeks.

The problem is to opensource it I need to do a fair amount of work to secure the way it works and make sure it's very robust in dealing with possible errors/issues. But I can start to work on that while you all are using it on mainnet.

Awesome great to hear! Just as long as we're the first coin! Wink  I think it's good in the longterm that you want to open source it, I'm just worried you might open source it too soon?  We need to get Darkcoin as THE anonymous coin, (just like bitcoin was and is THE digital coin) and get it established before.  All over the news etc.  If it's open source I'm worried the news etc, will just pick up on the technology, rather than the coin, and pass it over.  Letting other coins adopt the technology, and leaving the original, and your hard work in the dust.

Surely is Darkcoin / Darksend, is THE way to send anonymously, surely it's better than being one of many ways / coins..

I agree 100%. I remember when Megacoin was getting raped by the multipools and Kimoto forked to introduce the Kimoto Gravity well. It was awesome and worked great. There was much speculation about how it would work but after time, it proved to be a success. it was open source and now almost every coin has incorporated the KGW at the seeming expense of Megacoin but at the benefit of the community.

Very good point.  I'm sure there was huge shift in interest in Megacoin when they first implemented it, but now that a whole range of other coins make use of the Kimoto Gravity well, Megacoin has lost its appeal, and advantage. I don't like the idea of a DarkDogeSend or similar....

A unique useful feature is what a coin needs now days to standout in the crowd of clone coins.  I don't want Darkcoin to be seen as a clone by loosing this unique selling point.
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:33:13 PM

A unique useful feature is what a coin needs now days to standout in the crowd of clone coins.  I don't want Darkcoin to be seen as a clone by loosing this unique selling point.

Completely agree. 
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 06:43:06 PM

One of things I don't understand is the Dozens of trades for for 0.7, 5.9, 10.0, 1.04DRK...$0.50 valued trades...is this some kind of trading strategy?  Is these actually human done trades for $0.50 trades?!?  If so...why?

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 06:43:51 PM

Completely agree. 

If all of the coins implement it, at least their source will say "DarkSend" 1 million times. That's at least better than KGW, which doesn't share the name

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:50:19 PM

A unique useful feature is what a coin needs now days to standout in the crowd of clone coins.  I don't want Darkcoin to be seen as a clone by loosing this unique selling point.

Completely agree.  

If all of the coins implement it, at least their source will say "DarkSend" 1 million times. That's at least better than KGW, which doesn't share the name

I'm all for it being open sourced, just not right away, in 3 months or something around that amount of time, so darkcoin has plenty of space to grow.
DuvajBalone

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:50:50 PM

Very good point.  I'm sure there was huge shift in interest in Megacoin when they first implemented it, but now that a whole range of other coins make use of the Kimoto Gravity well, Megacoin has lost its appeal, and advantage. I don't like the idea of a DarkDogeSend or similar....

Couldn't agree more. Also perhaps it is good idea to change  the title of this thread a little, for people who are not into DRK... I will elaborate:  [ANN][DRK] DarkCoin | Anonymous (alpha) | KGW | No Premine | ASIC Resistant

[ANN][DRK] DarkCoin - everything is clear , it is the name of the coin
KGW - clear, people understand what it is
No Premine - people love no premine
ASIC Resistant - great, when scrypt ASICs arrive , ASIC resistant is the way to go
Anonymous (alpha) - here we go, there can be some more explanation in a word or two more, so it catches peoples attention. Something like: "DarkSend", or "Anonymous (exciting new feature)",etc... those are just a few lame examples, but hope you got the point
dime

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:54:40 PM

Grin

What you said sounds like a 2 year old shouting MINE MINE MINE. If you're not going to open source it and only give out closed binaries, how would this be any different than a closed payment company handling transactions. The difference between open source and closed source have less to do with features, and more to do with earned trust vs blind faith.

Eduffield, you should open source it as you intended.
Queeq

Activity: 427

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:58:50 PM

Couldn't agree more. Also perhaps it is good idea to change  the title of this thread a little, for people who are not into DRK... I will elaborate:  [ANN][DRK] DarkCoin | Anonymous (alpha) | KGW | No Premine | ASIC Resistant

ASIC Resistant - great, when scrypt ASICs arrive , ASIC resistant is the way to go
Anonymous (alpha) - here we go, there can be some more explanation in a word or two more, so it catches peoples attention. Something like: "DarkSend", or "Anonymous (exciting new feature)",etc... those are just a few lame examples, but hope you got the point

For me it's clear what is "Anonymous" but I have no idea what is "KGW".
Queeq

Activity: 427

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:02:35 PM

What you said sounds like a 2 year old shouting MINE MINE MINE. If you're not going to open source it and only give out closed binaries, how would this be any different than a closed payment company handling transactions. The difference between open source and closed source have less to do with features, and more to do with earned trust vs blind faith.

I agree that it should be open-sourced after some time. 3 months sounds reasonable so we get some time to grow for other forks no to threaten DRK. Also it should be announced that source would be released after that time to attract those who fear closed source.
mattmct

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:03:00 PM

Grin

Awesome great to hear! Just as long as we're the first coin! Wink  I think it's good in the longterm that you want to open source it, I'm just worried you might open source it too soon?  We need to get Darkcoin as THE anonymous coin, (just like bitcoin was and is THE digital coin) and get it established before.  All over the news etc.  If it's open source I'm worried the news etc, will just pick up on the technology, rather than the coin, and pass it over.  Letting other coins adopt the technology, and leaving the original, and your hard work in the dust.

No need to get offensive. Being the first IS important whether you agree or not.  I never said don't open source it, I clearly said "too soon", try reading again next time.  

Clearly most people have agreed with me.  Being established first is just good business. We have all invested time and money into this coin in someway or other.

We need to get our foot in the door, and not get steamrolled by other more established coins simply implementing Darksend, or maybe DS? things get shortend eg, KGW....
mattmct

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:05:57 PM

I agree that it should be open-sourced after some time. 3 months sounds reasonable so we get some time to grow for other forks no to threaten DRK. Also it should be announced that source would be released after that time to attract those who fear closed source.

Completely agree. After some time.. At least let Darkcoin have its time to shine and get known (and duly recognized as coin which developed this ground breaking technology) before we have Dogecoin with DS transfers!
Shadey

Activity: 193

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:07:09 PM

Grin

No need to get offensive. Being the first IS important whether you agree or not.  I never said don't open source it, I clearly said "too soon", try reading again next time.  

Clearly most people have agreed with me.  Being established first is just good business. We have all invested time and money into this coin in someway or other.

We need to get our foot in the door, and not get steamrolled by other more established coins simply implementing Darksend, or maybe DK? things get shortend eg, KGW....

I agree 100%, need time for the coin to grow after implementation Cheesy

DRK - Xq5o7AGBau1bL59fDuJpgcU6XQ6Fr6iHRm
BTC - 182pCAyuawff3ANB6FdifKBLcq5a7abFTh
LTC - LcpDzdX8v9s1JB2bHnb8bCoCKEckyxL9JU
The Golden Egg game Sponsor: https://thegoldenegg.co/users/Shadey?d27de3572
daddeo

Activity: 129

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:09:00 PM

A unique useful feature is what a coin needs now days to standout in the crowd of clone coins.  I don't want Darkcoin to be seen as a clone by loosing this unique selling point.

Completely agree.  

I'm all for it being open sourced, just not right away, in 3 months or something around that amount of time, so darkcoin has plenty of space to grow.
I'm sure this will end up being an idiotic question, but since I'm a beginner, I don't mind a few laughs at my expense for the sake of learning. If once the Darksend technology is made open source, does that prevent Darkcoin from receiving tx fees from those coins that copy and utilize the technology? Seems like a "users fee" would be a good way to generate extra incentive rewards for miners which will be needed once difficulty escalates past profitability. Those same fees could also be used for further development of Darkcoin.
darko84

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:14:48 PM

What is best miner for Phenom 2 X6 ?

With old xcoin-miner I get only 27.5khs for 1 thred.
buryat

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:15:04 PM

Community won't trust a coin that is close-sourced.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 07:15:22 PM

I updated the title, let's try that for awhile.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
dime

Activity: 88

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:18:06 PM

We need to get our foot in the door, and not get steamrolled by other more established coins simply implementing Darksend, or maybe DS? things get shortend eg, KGW....

Why get offended? Re-read your post. That's what you sound like.

Clearly most people who are here agree with you? How is that not obvious? Breaking news! A forum post filled with investors in a coin take the short sighted view.

So far I haven't seen Eduffield, you know.. the person doing all the work, chime in on the matter except to say that he's putting in work. And everyone's opinion whose not doing shit but posting on a forum means zero next to his, including mine. I'm just giving a good counter argument instead of listening to a bunch of greedy motherfuckers like you. Sorry in advance if motherfucker offends you more than being called a 2 year old.

Eduffield, this coin will get what's coming to it already. You know that because of how much hype these people are putting into the coin. You got what's yours from your instamine. Please don't forget that you're building from the shoulders of giants. Coinjoin or darksend should belong to the community.

Also:
+1
aNTi-Vlact

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 07:26:12 PM

What is best miner for Phenom 2 X6 ?

With old xcoin-miner I get only 27.5khs for 1 thred.

Try this one...

if that link still works.

DRK - XtBWLQg59NC74oAWf4cA8WNJ7oVHdLenWM
http://qoinpro.com/c8a74da12efdfdcfa9b3b4c19c2e8042
aNTi-Vlact

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 07:38:08 PM

Why get offended? Re-read your post. That's what you sound like.

Clearly most people who are here agree with you? How is that not obvious? Breaking news! A forum post filled with investors in a coin take the short sighted view.

So far I haven't seen Eduffield, you know.. the person doing all the work, chime in on the matter except to say that he's putting in work. And everyone's opinion whose not doing shit but posting on a forum means zero next to his, including mine. I'm just giving a good counter argument instead of listening to a bunch of greedy motherfuckers like you. Sorry in advance if motherfucker offends you more than being called a 2 year old.

Eduffield, this coin will get what's coming to it already. You know that because of how much hype these people are putting into the coin. You got what's yours from your instamine. Please don't forget that you're building from the shoulders of giants. Coinjoin or darksend should belong to the community.

Also:
+1

I don't recall half the people mining now back in the CPU-only days. Once DarkSend is out I doubt people will bail on this coin if it stays closed-source for a little while.

DRK - XtBWLQg59NC74oAWf4cA8WNJ7oVHdLenWM
http://qoinpro.com/c8a74da12efdfdcfa9b3b4c19c2e8042
Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: