Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:39:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722547 times)
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:14:42 PM

How did this coin just devalue?  Not sure if srs.

Yes its going downhill a bit but patience is virtue

Instead of them being rare at ~10 million coins, now we are going towards the full ~80 million, an 8 fold increase.

Are you sure that's the consequence of the modification?

Read eduffield's text, that's what he is saying.

True, but it is not like there is all of a sudden 70 million coins flooding the market.   This coin is mined very slowly compared to most alts... stop making it seem like the total number of coins is the only factor in determining its future value.  

The total coin supply is one of the biggest inputs about the coins future value!!

A1 post. DRK's fundamentals are good. If greedy people want to speculate on useless copycat altcoins, we should let them do it, but DRK stands alone in a very strong position. I see DRK as much more future-proof and designed for real world utility as a Bitcoin challenger. Particularly now it's fairly obvious that Bitcon is a front for World Bank/Visa/Boston funds...Copycats look pathetic against that reality and it won't be possible to speculate on them forever if nobody is actually using them as currency.

Bitcoin is a front for the world bank? I'll have to ask for your sources.

But I agree with you that we need a long lasting privacy-centred coin to avoid the coming global wealth confiscation. I own and mine darkcoin for that reason, but I'm not at all convinced this coin will do it. Coinjoin seems very unsecure to me. But I support every effort and hopefully the developers can prove me wrong.

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:28:59 PM

Idk what happened (maybe the announcment?) but prices at cryptsy are rising a bit and seems like there is more frequent trade.

mjsrs

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:35:03 PM

I would love to see darkcoin on BTER.
Any chance?

If you are new to BTER use my referral, you will get 10% off discount on all your trading fees for 6 months.
https://bter.com/signup/123782

nice spam
I'll take it as a compliment

https://dash-stats.com XoPGniokL6rRahoKviBza8oqWSTyUQPkAF
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 05:36:56 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 05:55:12 PM by eduffield

We're happy to announce development on alpha v3 has completed, we have a really improved, fully functional version of DarkSend for you all to test. The next test will be tomorrow at 9PM EST.

Just like last time, if you want to test join us in #darkcoin-test on freenode, we'll be sending money around and testing out the implementation.

Updates include:

- Transactions for 0.00 fixed
- "Not enough funds" problems fixed
- Completely 100% anonymous transactions implemented using Darksend denomination pooling
- Multiple transactions per pooling support

This version is WORLDS ahead of the last one, I can't wait to show everyone.

For download links and other information checkout:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=467857.0  

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498

180 BPM

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:40:11 PM

We're happy to announce development on alpha v3 has completed, we have a really improved, fully functional version of DarkSend for you all to test. The next test will be tomorrow at 7PM EST.

Just like last time, if you want to test join us in #darkcoin-test on freenode, we'll be sending money around and testing out the implementation.

Updates include:

- Completely 100% anonymous transactions implemented using Darksend denomination pooling

For download links and other information checkout:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=467857.0  

You could highlight some of these dev.logs on the frontpage if you have a "bigger step" accomplished like this one.

Good job and keep the motivation up Cheesy

shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:49:36 PM

We're happy to announce development on alpha v3 has completed, we have a really improved, fully functional version of DarkSend for you all to test. The next test will be tomorrow at 7PM EST.

Updates include:

The download links are not working.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 05:53:49 PM

We're happy to announce development on alpha v3 has completed, we have a really improved, fully functional version of DarkSend for you all to test. The next test will be tomorrow at 9PM EST.

Updates include:

They'll work at Tomorrow @ 9PM EST

shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:58:15 PM

Updates include:

They'll work at Tomorrow @ 9PM EST

Great!  Thanks!
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:58:51 PM

Updates include:

Great news! Keep it up  Cool

Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:02:28 PM

Instead of them being rare at ~10 million coins, now we are going towards the full ~80 million, an 8 fold increase.

True, but it is not like there is all of a sudden 70 million coins flooding the market.   This coin is mined very slowly compared to most alts... stop making it seem like the total number of coins is the only factor in determining its future value.  

The total coin supply is one of the biggest inputs about the coins future value!!

Thank you. I facepalmed so hard reading that.

I'm not here to bash DRK, I fucking love the idea behind this coin. But less than a week ago I paid top dollar for the coin thinking it was going to be much more rare in the future, which is apparently no longer the case. It was so tempting to double down yesterday, glad I didn't do it.

At the OP it's writed : Max coin 84 millions.. So what?
After some change we/they saw after some math, that we'll never go there.

So for me it's really good to change the halving, like this we can reach the total Max Coin initialy planed and displayed at the OP.
phm

Activity: 378
Merit: 110

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:03:58 PM

Updates include:

Very nice, too bad that it's the middle of the night for me. Are there still any known bugs lurking in the implementation? I wonder if it's possible to do beta release if there are no bugs found during the test of alpha v3.

eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 06:08:31 PM

Updates include:

Very nice, too bad that it's the middle of the night for me. Are there still any known bugs lurking in the implementation? I wonder if it's possible to do beta release if there are no bugs found during the test of alpha v3.

That's a possibility. It seems pretty stable to me.

kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:11:37 PM

130 diff .... price may dip again  Angry
matt608

Activity: 882

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:37:23 PM

Is there anything being done to get the Mac wallet working for those of us who can't get it to open?

Thanks.

Coin-Moron

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:16:17 PM

Every CLONES out there are being mined just for "gambling" and "gambling alone".
Ultimately bitcoin's the winner, that which really competes fiat.
All others are either trying to convince or hallucinate us that it will be a alternative to bitcoin sooner or later.
THAT'S a total BULL-SHIT.
If the dev succeeds in implementing the Darksend, that's it.
The new era in digital currency starts.
Have some patience pals.

drmavis

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:22:53 PM

Hi, I'm a dedicated DRK miner/holder and am generally a forum lurker, but I just read an article that put DarkCoin in a positive light:

http://cryptolife.net/breakdown-anonymizing-cryptocurrencies/

"The nice thing about this implementation [DarkSend] is that it doesn’t require any additional overhead, and doesn’t require trusting third parties..."

And the conclusion was "I don’t think any of these solve the problem completely. Currently, darkcoin with it’s coinjoin implementation is likely the most reasonable proposal..."

Despite this recent chaos, I'm still very bullish about DarkCoin's growth potential.
luke997

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:29:04 PM

Updates include:

This is big... you're the man!

Don't underestimate this leap in cryptocurrencies, future is here.
Wish I had more BTC to get more DRK. But hey, I got some still  Grin
chompyZ

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:29:22 PM

Thank you. I facepalmed so hard reading that.

I'm not here to bash DRK, I fucking love the idea behind this coin. But less than a week ago I paid top dollar for the coin thinking it was going to be much more rare in the future, which is apparently no longer the case. It was so tempting to double down yesterday, glad I didn't do it.

I don't get you guys. Nothing is good for you... If the early miners and dev team gained more coins, you say it's not fair. If they hold a large chunk of coins and are now 'inflating' and devaluation their holdings (aka- you can now mine easier), that is not good. If they say they will hold the source of darksend closed for a month to establish the coin 's position, that is not good.
Ad for the 'paid top dollar for the coin' - give me a break. I also bought extensively @ 0.0023 and I'm not looking a week into the future. I'm not a 'flipper'. i.e.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/flipper.asp

If your time horizon is so speculative, then I suggest you find a different coin with higher volume and more media buzz..
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:37:07 PM

This fucking sucks for people like me who bought in the past week, thinking the coin was rarer than it is now. I don't plan on selling, it just sucks knowing I could have gotten more.

I don't get you guys. Nothing is good for you... If the early miners and dev team gained more coins, you say it's not fair. If they hold a large chunk of coins and are now 'inflating' and devaluation their holdings (aka- you can now mine easier), that is not good. If they say they will hold the source of darksend closed for a month to establish the coin 's position, that is not good.
Ad for the 'paid top dollar for the coin' - give me a break. I also bought extensively @ 0.0023 and I'm not looking a week into the future. I'm not a 'flipper'. i.e.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/flipper.asp

If your time horizon is so speculative, then I suggest you find a different coin with higher volume and more media buzz..

Read all my posts before you accuse me of some bullshit.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
aNTi-Vlact

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 07:40:06 PM

Hi, I'm a dedicated DRK miner/holder and am generally a forum lurker, but I just read an article that put DarkCoin in a positive light:

http://cryptolife.net/breakdown-anonymizing-cryptocurrencies/

"The nice thing about this implementation [DarkSend] is that it doesn’t require any additional overhead, and doesn’t require trusting third parties..."

And the conclusion was "I don’t think any of these solve the problem completely. Currently, darkcoin with it’s coinjoin implementation is likely the most reasonable proposal..."

Despite this recent chaos, I'm still very bullish about DarkCoin's growth potential.

Nice find.

DRK - XtBWLQg59NC74oAWf4cA8WNJ7oVHdLenWM
http://qoinpro.com/c8a74da12efdfdcfa9b3b4c19c2e8042
Pages: « 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: