Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:40:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722547 times)
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:55:38 PM

That's quite annoying, although I can't actually find any evidence of that happening. Guessing you need to be logged in at C-Cex to check trade history, I don't have an account there.

Also I've been having a weird problem with my wallet (windows user). Basically all my coins have been sent to ONE address from the exchanges. On my laptop I have created 3 addresses (although 2 have never used). This wallet has 185 DRK. I backed up my wallet.dat (just to prove I'm backing the correct thing the one in %appdata%\Roaming\DarkCoin) and placed it in that dir on my desktop. On my desktop it shows I have only 25 coins and 1 transaction instead of 4 (even though all 4 transactions have been to the wallet address displayed on my desktop QT).

I've tried using the same QT as on my laptop, downloading new QT (thought maybe old version), but I can't seem to get my desktop to realise my wallet has 185 coins in it. My laptop knows though, same wallet.dat.

What the..?

seems like the same problem i worked on earlier...
Yeah that's what I was thinking, be interesting to figure out what causes it. I didn't do anything specific just backup the wallet.dat. I'm sure deleting the wallet.dat on my desktop (incorrect balance) and creating a new one sending ALL the coins from the laptop to the new wallet would solve the problem? Then again, will my laptop then be showing wrong funds if I transfer it over?

I just want piece of mind I have a wallet.dat file backed up with all my damn coins retrievable lol

delete old on desktop, delete wallet-qt download latest, let it sync, send over 1 coin see if it goes through, if yes, backup wallet (through menu or close down wallet-qt then copy) then send over the rest

or test with 0.00001? or less. Always, always, ALWAYS TEST FIRST. Always, always, ALWAYS BACKUP.

yep!

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
Honest Tim

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:59:58 PM

I think theres something going very very wrong @ C-Cex.
DRK being traded at STUPID money, even though.......

alexred: @support I had an order for drk at .0005, how come the cdupmer did not fill it?

V V peculiar.

This has NOTHING* to do with DRK, but the code at C-Cex IF this is true.

*Unless we have all severely underestimated the threat of DRK and the rabbit hole goes further than we thought possible.
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:05:28 PM

This coin has some of the strangest dumping activity I've ever seen. Makes no fucking sense.
slyA

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:06:17 PM

alexred: @support I had an order for drk at .0005, how come the cdupmer did not fill it?

V V peculiar.

*Unless we have all severely underestimated the threat of DRK and the rabbit hole goes further than we thought possible.

You know too much O_O.
TingCoin

Activity: 720

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:10:35 PM

V V peculiar.

Surely if someone tried to sell DRK for an incredibly low price, it would fill all the buy orders all the way down to that price in order of top to bottom. We could assume someone's got a bot running at C-Cex that detects buy orders being filled and quickly pulls the high ones off so it ALL gets sold for a low price.

Come on, why would someone sell for so cheap when theres insta-sell buy orders they can fill for 10x and 100x the price, literally...

That's quite annoying, although I can't actually find any evidence of that happening. Guessing you need to be logged in at C-Cex to check trade history, I don't have an account there.

Also I've been having a weird problem with my wallet (windows user). Basically all my coins have been sent to ONE address from the exchanges. On my laptop I have created 3 addresses (although 2 have never used). This wallet has 185 DRK. I backed up my wallet.dat (just to prove I'm backing the correct thing the one in %appdata%\Roaming\DarkCoin) and placed it in that dir on my desktop. On my desktop it shows I have only 25 coins and 1 transaction instead of 4 (even though all 4 transactions have been to the wallet address displayed on my desktop QT).

I've tried using the same QT as on my laptop, downloading new QT (thought maybe old version), but I can't seem to get my desktop to realise my wallet has 185 coins in it. My laptop knows though, same wallet.dat.

What the..?

Yeah that's what I was thinking, be interesting to figure out what causes it. I didn't do anything specific just backup the wallet.dat. I'm sure deleting the wallet.dat on my desktop (incorrect balance) and creating a new one sending ALL the coins from the laptop to the new wallet would solve the problem? Then again, will my laptop then be showing wrong funds if I transfer it over?

I just want piece of mind I have a wallet.dat file backed up with all my damn coins retrievable lol

delete old on desktop, delete wallet-qt download latest, let it sync, send over 1 coin see if it goes through, if yes, backup wallet (through menu or close down wallet-qt then copy) then send over the rest

or test with 0.00001? or less. Always, always, ALWAYS TEST FIRST. Always, always, ALWAYS BACKUP.

yep!
Appreciate the help guys! Will try later.

Does this mean there's an inconsistency with wallet backups on Windows OS?
We should probably notify the devs.

Any posts from me that were posted in Russian were NOT from me. A cykablyat obtained my forum login details when they were leaked, I was inactive from the forum at that time.
Honest Tim

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:12:33 PM

There appears to be similar strange activity with GRC, the 2nd most traded coin on C-Cex.
I think C-cex are in a whole lot of trouble (if they weren't already)
Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:14:50 PM

This coin has some of the strangest dumping activity I've ever seen. Makes no fucking sense.

Nothing to do specifically with the coin, and everything to do with an exchange that has appalling code development and testing procedures coupled with bad to non-existent security measures. DRK is unfortunately the most liquid coin on their exchange and therefore the target of every bug that's either exploited or found unintentionally.

Quite why anyone would even consider sending coins or funds there I have no idea.

@eduffield: Maybe it's time to remove C-Cex from the list of exchanges in the first post in order to protect new users who aren't aware of the problems over there? The rest of us are undoubtedly about to be hurt by even more dumping due to their latest "bug" where someone obtained thousands upon thousands of DRK for virtually zero cost while far higher priced buy orders were bypassed. In fact it seems to be starting on Cryptsy already.
TingCoin

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:17:38 PM

Actually I've seen users on C-Cex asking why their buy orders weren't filled before the very low ones... Maybe if someone dumps for a low price, instead of filling buy orders high to low, it fills admins buy orders first and doesn't care about price order. This wouldn't surprise me.

Any posts from me that were posted in Russian were NOT from me. A cykablyat obtained my forum login details when they were leaked, I was inactive from the forum at that time.
Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:18:44 PM

Actually I've seen users on C-Cex asking why their buy orders weren't filled before the very low ones... Maybe if someone dumps for a low price, instead of filling buy orders high to low, it fills admins buy orders first and doesn't care about price order. This wouldn't surprise me.

Sadly it wouldn't surprise me either, though it's exchange order fulfillment 101.
AD_Infinitum

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:20:43 PM

BTW:  I just read something tonight on the bitcoin wallet, and since our wallets are based on the bitcoin wallet, I'll have to assume it's true of ours.  I read that the wallet creates 100 addresses, and you use them up for everything you do, such as send someone a payment, receive a payment, etc... I think it even "uses up" an address for payments from mining.  Anyway, once you use them up, the wallet creates 100 new addresses.

The  point being that if you think, as I did, that you only need one, original backup of your wallet, it's not so!  You're constantly using up that 100 addresses, and if you don't re-save your wallet.dat file after the next 100 addresses are created and used, and something happens, all the newer transactions can be lost to you!

So maintaining your wallet backups is extremely important.  You need to guesstimate how often you need to backup, or simply backup often.  You can do it with the wallet backup function on the main menu, I forget which drop-down item, 'cause I don't have my wallet on this machine to look at, but from there, you can name the file, something like DarkCoin_2-26-14.dat and save it anywhere you like from that menu.  No need to close the wallet even.

Can someone confirm or challenge this above, please? I don't think is true, but I'm not sure. Thanks!
bitmiggy

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:29:23 PM

BTW:  I just read something tonight on the bitcoin wallet, and since our wallets are based on the bitcoin wallet, I'll have to assume it's true of ours.  I read that the wallet creates 100 addresses, and you use them up for everything you do, such as send someone a payment, receive a payment, etc... I think it even "uses up" an address for payments from mining.  Anyway, once you use them up, the wallet creates 100 new addresses.

The  point being that if you think, as I did, that you only need one, original backup of your wallet, it's not so!  You're constantly using up that 100 addresses, and if you don't re-save your wallet.dat file after the next 100 addresses are created and used, and something happens, all the newer transactions can be lost to you!

So maintaining your wallet backups is extremely important.  You need to guesstimate how often you need to backup, or simply backup often.  You can do it with the wallet backup function on the main menu, I forget which drop-down item, 'cause I don't have my wallet on this machine to look at, but from there, you can name the file, something like DarkCoin_2-26-14.dat and save it anywhere you like from that menu.  No need to close the wallet even.

Can someone confirm or challenge this above, please? I don't think is true, but I'm not sure. Thanks!

Almost certainly correct. It's  a security measure since addresses shouldn't be reused if you want the highest security and as much anonymity as possible.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:44:09 PM

you only need to backup your wallet once, the addresses being talk about are the recieving addresses, your wallet private key, is only 1 key, the rest is calculated from that key

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
kekaocc

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:54:08 PM

Why not give the algorithm named
I have seen another coin, is DARK cloning, as if the algorithm named  "dark forces"       Chinese name is "暗黑力量"
TingCoin

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:04:54 PM

you only need to backup your wallet once, the addresses being talk about are the recieving addresses, your wallet private key, is only 1 key, the rest is calculated from that key
And all receiving addresses you've ever made (on QT client with that instance of wallet.dat) are all accessed with that 1 private key?

I use Electrum for Bitcoin, it's a far superior client IMO shows you exactly what it's doing too.

kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:18:32 PM

Epic dark dump on c-cex. Someone sold dark down to 0.00000008 satoshi. I'm not mad. I'm quite impressed.

It happened once to me that by mistake with the copying and pasting in c-cex I killed all the buying orders, it was the 1st or 2nd day they added DRK, there weren't more than 4 or 5 orders with very small amounts, so I was lucky, I bet it was the same, there is no reason to go down to 8 satoshi.
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:19:18 PM

What products/services do people here desire to purchase for Darkcoin?

I don't have the development skills to launch a Dark Road, but maybe an independent onion site for a particular niche.

Please PM me if you have any requests or suggestions.

New doors and windows for the house Tongue LOL

Nah, I've bought from Overstock, bed sheets, backpacks, etc...
I actually buy a lot of stuff online, just regular stuff.  I like drugstore.com because I don't have to look at shelves and shelves of stuff trying to find what I want, also books and music.  If they accepted dark in the future, I'd be super happy Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:23:50 PM

What products/services do people here desire to purchase for Darkcoin?

I don't have the development skills to launch a Dark Road, but maybe an independent onion site for a particular niche.

Please PM me if you have any requests or suggestions.

VPN services, anonymous domain registration, anonymous hosting, adult entertainment services/products ... just on top of my head, all these products/services are legal and could make good use of an anonymous payment system, this is the real use and target of this coin, I'm quite sure there are many more.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:30:33 PM

Epic dark dump on c-cex. Someone sold dark down to 0.00000008 satoshi. I'm not mad. I'm quite impressed.
Well, dont be. This will only spread the darkcoins into hands of many. Given that the coin is successfull, this will make no damage in the long run.

Is that what happened?  I just bought some btc again on coinbase but it won't clear until Wednesday.  I hope the prices stay low until then, but knowing my luck.... LOL

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Bitye West

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:35:48 PM

is now a good time to buy? Haven't really followed anything dark related

It's a great time to buy. DarkCoin is not a hype and pump/dump coin. It has attracted attention through actual value by means of the soon-to-be-beta (actually-in-alpha) DarkSend functionality (in addition to 11 different hashing algorithms which make it ASIC resitant, Kimoto Gravity Well (KGW) which makes it safe from multipools for example and adjusts difficulty every block and a great professional developer). This new feature will allow you to send coins anonymously directly from the wallet without passing by TOR (darkweb) or through a mixing service which requires trust in the operator of said service and also involve fees (2%). It is a trustless solution straight from the wallet and it will be the first coin to achieve such a feat. It experienced natural growth, going from around 0.00005 BTC when first hitting markets to 0.0025 BTC without any kind of useless hype (e.g. Maxcoin).

If you look at the price now though, it is quite a bit lower, ranging from 0.001 to 0.0014 depending on the market. What happened? One of the exchanges on which DRK trades (C-CEX) had a malfunction/hack which allowed a user to gain access to hundreds of BTC for free, which he couldn't cash out. He figured out that by buying DarkCoin, he could then transfer it out of the exchange easily, this caused a huge spike in buys since he put in around 300 BTC worth and bought up all DarkCoins up until 0.0075 BTC or 7.5 millibits. He then proceeded to transfer all those coins to another exchange (Poloniex) and started dumping as much as possible, as quickly as possible, with no regard for price. This caused a chain reaction which lasted for around 4 days. At first the coin recovered admirably to the dumps, staying very close to its regular price after a few dumps. After two days though, the price couldn't hold up anymore and we suspect that a lot of very early adopters started getting scared and began dumping as well.

Through some investigation and through a mixture of guilt, the "hacker" (who claims he actually isn't a hacker and the BTC simply appeared due to a mistake), came back and contacted the right people to start giving back the BTC he had taken from the exchange, since a lot of other people were affected and had their funds frozen. Of course he had lost a lot of value by filling very cheap buy orders for DRK so he can't possibly give it all back but the important thing is the dumps are stopped now and the coin has stabilized again. It has found solid ground and is starting to rise again. This rise will be fueled by the 3rd DarkSend alpha test which is happening tomorrow and after that, the developer (eduffield) has said that the beta will come soon as the code is very solid.

You have a unique chance right now to buy into a coin which really isn't supposed to be available at these prices anymore due to its real value. Only reason it's low right now is because of the situation I explained above. It belongs on the top of the charts as much as other coins with added functionality such as Peercoin/Namecoin for example. It's not a simple clone like 99% of other coins and it's here to stay.

TL;DR - Great time to buy

Nice writeup of events!

Now is definitely a great time to buy.  The DRK price is artificially low due to these big dumps occurring.

Darkcoin is clearly undervalued when you compare its market cap to other coins.  Darkcoin is definitely more innovative than Mintcoin.  Darkcoin's proper list on this market cap list should be right below Worldcoin.  Which would put the price at .00243 DRK/BTC.

http://coinmarketcap.com/

I just bought 10BTC worth of DRK on Cryptsy at these discount prices.....TO DA DARKSIDE OF DA MOON!
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:37:12 PM

What the..?

PLEASE!  back up you wallet by using the File > Backup Wallet feature.  IF you backup your wallet from the /AppData/ directory, you MUST be sure to have your wallet closed FIRST.  

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Pages: « 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: