Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:46:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722583 times)
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:44:24 PM

DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying:
"DarkCoin is digital cash."

+1

But that's why I think its better to call it D-coin or something else (not related to dark)
New people will think that darkcoin is related to illegal things and thats not the intention, idea of it. Maybe it will scare/put off (I don't know the right word) some people...No?

I tend to agree with this.  The name itself will be the reason darkcoin is never widely accepted by, er, "normal" people (also can't think of the right word sorry).  It doesn't matter how great it is, give it a shady or evil sounding name and it's doomed.

The name is irrelevant, Bitcoin was not adopted because its name but more so because of libertarian values and adopters/enthusiasts being aware of what is going on the economy/banking. If dark can provide anonymous "dark" transactions it could be called purple unicorn coins for all I care.. Dark is good branding for people in the know ie tor darknet stuff. If joe blow isn't aware of what dark means he will soon enough.. with every Snowden leak or bullshit passed law/corrupt lawless judge's decision is making people more aware. It is like built in marketing because we all know what governments agenda is just like how cypress bumped up bitcoin.  

I could give 2 shits about branding and market cap. Freedom is where it's at, make a coin that facilitates free commerce even silk road style commerce that bypasses bullshit laws and market cap & awareness will take care of itself. Makes me wonder why people are here promoting an anonymous coin if they care about mainstream perceptions.. perhaps cat coin is the better choice for them.  

+5000

We live in a disgusting tyrannical era of financial enslavement. Period. I just wish bitcoin had ZERO value/tradeability for fiat as it is, these scumbags will just run the printing press and corner us that way. If the U.S. Dollar / insert other real life scamfiat had any real value, distribution, or any fairness whatsoever in earnings without taxes raping all of it and more, crypto wouldn't be as big as it is right now. Stop worrying about what the sheep think.

As a side note: The establishment won't use the printing press to acquire the BTCs they need (to control the price and the alt-coin ecosystem). BTCs are very scarce. 1 BTC corresponds to ~500 ounces of gold or 15kg (12mn btc vs 180.000 tons). If you were to increase your holdings by buying your way to a larger share of the pie, the price would skyrocket. People would then say "whoa, look at Bitcoin" and thus would go along with the pump, making the difficulty of the establishment even larger, and Bitcoin would be a "smash" for making people rich. It'd be better than the lottery.

They'd rather do it through shady deals with hackers and exchanges, FBI raids, or by playing the political decisions/news game through which they can artificially crash the currency for a short while to buy their positions from panic sellers. They take the decisions, they show the news etc so from that point onward it's a simple process to exploit the traders addiction to the latest news. They do these stuff in cycles, taking chunks of the pie at each cycle. Additionally, when they are crashing the price, they create negative psychology for the people involved, instead of positive that would be the outcome of buying their way up and raising the prices. That is an essential component of their strategy because, otherwise, even if they paid 100 bn to acquire the majority of BTCs, people would then go to alternative coins as the new eldorado - exactly what happened on November-December of '13. So the establishment would then have to keep up into buying the other currencies as well, making every single alt-coin a "sure hit" because they'd have to buy into it with a large percentage. And they won't do that, no. It's better to play the crashing game, the hacking game, the confiscation game etc.
shackleford

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:48:57 PM

DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying:

+1

But that's why I think its better to call it D-coin or something else (not related to dark)
New people will think that darkcoin is related to illegal things and thats not the intention, idea of it. Maybe it will scare/put off (I don't know the right word) some people...No?

I tend to agree with this.  The name itself will be the reason darkcoin is never widely accepted by, er, "normal" people (also can't think of the right word sorry).  It doesn't matter how great it is, give it a shady or evil sounding name and it's doomed.

The name is irrelevant, Bitcoin was not adopted because its name but more so because of libertarian values and adopters/enthusiasts being aware of what is going on the economy/banking. If dark can provide anonymous "dark" transactions it could be called purple unicorn coins for all I care.. Dark is good branding for people in the know ie tor darknet stuff. If joe blow isn't aware of what dark means he will soon enough.. with every Snowden leak or bullshit passed law/corrupt lawless judge's decision is making people more aware. It is like built in marketing because we all know what governments agenda is just like how cypress bumped up bitcoin.   

I could give 2 shits about branding and market cap. Freedom is where it's at, make a coin that facilitates free commerce even silk road style commerce that bypasses bullshit laws and market cap & awareness will take care of itself. Makes me wonder why people are here promoting an anonymous coin if they care about mainstream perceptions.. perhaps cat coin is the better choice for them. 

Agreed! Why the hell would average joe be interrested in this coin already? There is already bitcoin for your every day needs if you dont care too much about being anonymous.

I like the sound of "purple unicorn"-coin though. The dogecoin of the the black market. So lsd, much wow!

While I agree completely that the name is irrelevant when considering the technological and political advances, I don't think you can rule out the importance of a good name, branding, and marketing.  Most startups fail because of distribution issues rather than technology issues.  The more engineering-minded tend to place all the importance on technology, that this product will sell itself.  Very few products actually succeed in selling themselves. 

If you look at Dogecoin, you can see the power of great marketing and branding.  The technology is completely worthless and the coin will no doubt fail long term, but without widespread awareness of a brand name/coin, the coin will also invariably fail long term.  Look at the viral success of Apple products(I know another touchy subject for bitcoin enthusiasts atm).  With Apple, a business model of function following form created the largest company in the world.  I'm not saying in order to succeed Darkcoin has to focus primarily on branding, but it has to be a high priority for the best chances of widespread adoption.

Doge is popular because there is a shit tone of them and it is a novelty and everyone can feel like a "winner" because they have some. long term it is a different kind of joke. Branding is important if your trying to trick the masses that don't know any better, like having a relevant seeming statement like "silver to bitcoins gold" to newcomers that are here for profit motive only and don't really have a clue.  "think different" yeah cause apple people are totally about individuality.. people who fall for branding are so funny.
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:51:06 PM

Eduffield, as a professional writer I'm up for helping you out with any proof-reading of copy (and suggesting edits or improvements) for the Darkcoin website...

If you want a helping hand actually writing the content, I am glad to offer you my assistance.

Check out the wiki posted yesterday!  I think it's hard for the average person to understand Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
VanBreuk

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:13:19 PM

Let the devs focus on getting the technology right. Screw the marketing.

Of course the devs have to focus on tech development. It's their job, it's what they're good at. But "screwing the marketing" and promotion is a mistake. Do you think only products like doge, with no new remarkable features, need promotion? Think again. If you believe information will spread itself as smoothly and quickly just because a coin has a good feature, you're wrong and you're ignoring a very important tool.

And marketing & strategies go customized to the product. You wouldn't sell DRK with a DOGE campaign, it's about pulling the right strings, the right way. And the good news is you don't have to fool anyone here, or play cheap propaganda tricks. You can go upfront with the tech, once it's working.
darkroad

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:17:35 PM

[PRE-ANN] "DarkRoad" .onion Marketplace

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493054
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:25:05 PM

[PRE-ANN] "DarkRoad" .onion Marketplace

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493054

Take your scam elsewhere

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 11:25:47 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 11:42:19 PM by eduffield

Alpha testing starts in ~15-30 minutes! If all goes well, I'll release beta for mainnet tomorrow/sunday. Come help out!

ps, the UI supports DarkSend now, there's a checkbox  Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=467857.msg5415614#msg5415614

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
shackleford

Activity: 281

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:32:10 PM

I tend to agree with this.  The name itself will be the reason darkcoin is never widely accepted by, er, "normal" people (also can't think of the right word sorry).  It doesn't matter how great it is, give it a shady or evil sounding name and it's doomed.

Not that I condone criminal activity, but to be honest, that is how bitcoins gained some traction. I don't think any rational person will see the name darkcoin and say, oh, I can't use that, as it's an evil coin used for bad things. If so, they wouldn't use bitcoins or any currency either. It's not like someone made a coin called devilcoin (although give them time, they are sort of running out of names)....

Bitcoin - litecoin - darkcoin    ... has a nice ring to it, and perhaps darkcoin becomes the copper to litecoin's silver. Although litecoin isn't doing particularly well either lately.

Actually, I see Darkcoin becoming MySpace's FaceBook!  I'm not thinking small Smiley

I think a fork of dark will be more successful because of how it was launched. More like litecoin to tenebrix.
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:37:00 PM

Let the devs focus on getting the technology right. Screw the marketing.

You wouldn't sell DRK with a DOGE campaign, it's about pulling the right strings, the right way.

I wouldn't sell DRK at all Wink

DRK will go viral. It speaks for itself… or rather, it doesn't… there's your marketing Smiley

mannie

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:37:45 PM

Alpha testing starts in ~15-30 minutes! If all goes well, I'll release beta for mainnet tomorrow/sunday. Come help out!

Great! We should update that media release I wrote and send it out Monday if the beta goes up this weekend?
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:40:47 PM

+1

+5000

We live in a disgusting tyrannical era of financial enslavement. Period. I just wish bitcoin had ZERO value/tradeability for fiat as it is, these scumbags will just run the printing press and corner us that way. If the U.S. Dollar / insert other real life scamfiat had any real value, distribution, or any fairness whatsoever in earnings without taxes raping all of it and more, crypto wouldn't be as big as it is right now. Stop worrying about what the sheep think.

You can call the coin GunsAndCrackCoin for all I care, what's the difference? Counter arguing that is like saying the US dollar hasn't been used to pay for drugs, murder, [insert every other crime on earth] because it looks pretty and says "In God (which god? I'm not sure anymore) We Trust.  

In a demigod we trust?  LOL

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:42:19 PM

when someone try to force price down he chain price with walls .....but what we have here is someone got ALOT OF DARKCOIN and just want to get out of market FAST for some reason

It was some sad people trying to rush into aurora on poloniex. Hilariously, they are now the bag holders who bought in at 35 dollars.

and with a premine of aurora of 50% and iceland has declared crypto currency illegal i can only assume its a pump and dump operation in progress..

LOL seriously? Got a source for that?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1t8zf3/bitcoin_trading_illegal_in_iceland_according_to/

Quote from that very article you linked: "This does not mean Bitcoin is illegal."

Please, people in the DRK thread have been above this "everything else except what I'm holding is scam" attitude.. let's keep it that way! Smiley
Biteasy77

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:43:43 PM

Awesome Smiley Smiley Smiley
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:44:02 PM

Lets go with "purple unicorn coin" then. Put the purple in the black market and make it queer!

RAINBOW COIN!  I LOVE IT!!!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:01:06 AM

Eeeek, I'm late!!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
cocoxxx

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:04:45 AM

great coin! great dev!!

ShareCoin:SV4bDxoaex4DoBxCMfAMbHyxV8hhuSXLBa
VanBreuk

Activity: 460

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:20:32 AM

DRK will go viral. It speaks for itself… or rather, it doesn't… there's your marketing Smiley

Good one Smiley Now it only needs a little push.

xorpheus

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:21:00 AM

+1

That is exactly the point I was trying to make.  As soon as the name hints that it may be used for a particular purpose, it actually makes it less useful for that purpose, especially when it comes to anonymity.  Take sexcoin for example LOL may as well have 2 for 1 hooker vouchers in your wallet and hope the wife doesn't notice  Grin
mannie

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:36:47 AM

Auroracoin is a silly idea but their branding is spot on. Can we take some hints from the website for the darkcoin website?

http://auroracoin.org/

http://darkcoin.us/io/

Namely...

fixing the logo in the top left
reducing font size
coming up with logo/image downloads
changing the main colour (blue looks like a bank)

congrats on the work so far.

how about this for a colour scheme...

http://colorschemedesigner.com/#4k51TdJg0yiyi
organizer

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:38:34 AM

+1

That is exactly the point I was trying to make.  As soon as the name hints that it may be used for a particular purpose, it actually makes it less useful for that purpose, especially when it comes to anonymity.  Take sexcoin for example LOL may as well have 2 for 1 hooker vouchers in your wallet and hope the wife doesn't notice  Grin

I have no position in this coin, just found it via that cryptolife article. But to think about trying to rebrand it to something more mainstream would be such a disaster. D-coin? Suck my D-coin would be just as good.

The one thing you guys have going for it is the anonymous transactions. The devs and the coin should be transaction neutral and if anything the branding should hint towards the dark side.

Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: