Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:09:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 [412] 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722667 times)
chaeplin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:54:35 PM

http://darkcoin.mine.nu/

Darkcoin p2pool finder updated.
(copied from vertcoin p2pool finder)

http://darkcoin.mine.nu/graph.html

diff graph
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:58:11 PM

Lotterymining.com

We where today attacked with a scam attack, it has been dealt with, and im considering legal action for trying to
cheat the pool, and thereby the users out of coins...

It's good that you want to help your miners out.  Much respect.  But Im curious as to what exactly happened?  I noticed the official pool is still getting A LOT of orphan blocks.  Could there be something else deeper going on?

Ok, to summerise, without disclosing too much info for others to try on other pools:

that guy with the huge "mining speed" was using a weakness in the stratum code, i notised a weakness in the way the pool got the shares
and set defences up to prevent that kind of cheating, in reality he did not have that kind of mining power, and his shares wasnt worth anything to the pools overall progress. if you look at all the blocks discovered, why did hes miner not discover ANY blocks at all, we should have been getting loads of blocks with that kind of speed, so i investigated, together with evan we set up a fix, now, next time he tries, the system will automatically ban him for a week. he tried connection through a proxy but already he was unable to get that kind of speed that he had at first.
so that tells me it works as it should.. i also banned his ips from the server. and disabled automatic payout from his account.

regarding the orphants on the official pool, i think we got that sorted out as well...

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
goin2mars

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:04:44 PM

Lotterymining.com

We where today attacked with a scam attack, it has been dealt with, and im considering legal action for trying to

It's good that you want to help your miners out.  Much respect.  But Im curious as to what exactly happened?  I noticed the official pool is still getting A LOT of orphan blocks.  Could there be something else deeper going on?

Ok, to summerise, without disclosing too much info for others to try on other pools:

that guy with the huge "mining speed" was using a weakness in the stratum code, i notised a weakness in the way the pool got the shares
and set defences up to prevent that kind of cheating, in reality he did not have that kind of mining power, and his shares wasnt worth anything to the pools overall progress. if you look at all the blocks discovered, why did hes miner not discover ANY blocks at all, we should have been getting loads of blocks with that kind of speed, so i investigated, together with evan we set up a fix, now, next time he tries, the system will automatically ban him for a week. he tried connection through a proxy but already he was unable to get that kind of speed that he had at first.
so that tells me it works as it should.. i also banned his ips from the server. and disabled automatic payout from his account.

regarding the orphants on the official pool, i think we got that sorted out as well...

Glad to hear that there's progress about fixing stratum exploits.

Any chance you could get Evan, or someone who has a clue what's going on, to comment about the difficulty? Some blocks its 150, some it's 300, then we get a spike and its around 800. Normally I'd let it slide, but the most recent spike was over 10k . . so what's going on?

I've seen plenty of KGW implementations but haven't seen crazy swings like I've seen with this coin. Has this already been talked about before in the tread?
badman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:07:51 PM

Lotterymining.com

so will he be able to do this on other pools and p2pools as well?
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:08:43 PM

Lotterymining.com

Any chance you could get Evan, or someone who has a clue what's going on, to comment about the difficulty? Some blocks its 150, some it's 300, then we get a spike and its around 800. Normally I'd let it slide, but the most recent spike was over 10k . . so what's going on?

I've seen plenty of KGW implementations but haven't seen crazy swings like I've seen with this coin. Has this already been talked about before in the tread?

KGW has only 1 goal in life, to keep the generation of blocks at the target time, if it changes, it will also change the diff to try and counter any blocks being generated too fast... regarding the 10k spike, well, i can only speculate...

goin2mars

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:11:31 PM

Lotterymining.com

KGW has only 1 goal in life, to keep the generation of blocks at the target time, if it changes, it will also change the diff to try and counter any blocks being generated too fast... regarding the 10k spike, well, i can only speculate...

Yeah, I was attributing the smaller spikes to be due to an acceleration that would have needed to be compensated for . . but 10k is insane.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 11:12:54 PM

Lotterymining.com

I'm looking into it.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:14:59 PM

Lotterymining.com

depends on if the pool and the p2p pool uses the standarized stratum software..

pool owners are welcome to contact me...

TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:18:32 PM

Maybe someone could answer this one for me. Is Darkcoin ASIC resistant? And how does it compare to Vertcoins Scrypt-Adaptive-Nfactor?  I am actually a DRK supporter I just want to understand how script ASICS could affect the coin and how it compares to Vertcoin in this regard. Thank you.
Darkcoin's asic resistance is mainly do to the quantity of different algorithms that need to be implemented. asics could be made, however it's just a lot more work than making them for a single-algorithm coin. Adaptive-nfactor is much more effective asic resistance, as the memory requirements increase over time, so even if asics were to be made they would be rendered useless over time.

I've been curious about this, will the blocks take longer and longer to solve because of adaptive n factor?

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:21:26 PM

Just a shot in the dark here (no pun), but could beta v3 have introduced any bugs vis-a-vis difficulty/nethash? It just seems way too high even now though it has dropped  (to the 700s  Roll Eyes)

I was on while all this was being said (had to run another errand) and even then, I was seeing hash rates in low 300's high 200's at lotterymining.  Are you guys still seeing weird numbers now?  I don't?  In fact it's super low at this moment at 154 (next 3890  Which does seem weird??

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 11:23:35 PM

If you need to send anyone basic summary information on Darkcoin & Darksend, here's a list of resources. It's a bit scattered and not perfect, but we're working on that.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DRKCoin/comments/200zlr/explain_darkcoin_in_5_sentences_or_less/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5655872#msg5655872

http://www.reddit.com/r/DRKCoin/comments/1zy9y4/what_is_darkcoin_a_summery_for_newcomers/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4585001#msg4585001

http://darkcoin.io/downloads/DarkSendv3.pdf

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:25:52 PM

Lotterymining.com

Can he make this kind of attack on the P2pools?

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:29:09 PM

Lotterymining.com

This is kind of important to the stability and confidence in the coin, could you or eduffield please contact the other pool owners and let them know, and put a notice on the first page?

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
mattmct

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:32:20 PM

Lotterymining.com

Interesting, I kind of suspected that this might be linked to the orphans in the main pool also, and something was clearly dodgy there.  There are a lot of people trying to exploit this coin.  Either because they want to try and stop it taking off, or because they see great potential in it, and want to get their hands on as many as they can by any means.

Glad you guys got it sorted.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:40:18 PM

Lotterymining.com

Interesting, I kind of suspected that this might be linked to the orphans in the main pool also, and something was clearly dodgy there.  There are a lot of people trying to exploit this coin.  Either because they want to try and stop it taking off, or because they see great potential in it, and want to get their hands on as many as they can by any means.

Glad you guys got it sorted.

the orphans was a different issue... but it has been sorted

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:41:41 PM

Lotterymining.com

This is kind of important to the stability and confidence in the coin, could you or eduffield please contact the other pool owners and let them know, and put a notice on the first page?

i asked evan to contact the other pools since im on the boat again....

TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:55:32 PM

i asked evan to contact the other pools since im on the boat again....

That's great, you guys are really awesome and dedicated!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
HammerHedd

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 12:04:04 AM

Thanks for all the comments. I'm taking notes.

All the materials are work-in-progress, so I appreciate inputs. Smiley

"DarkSend Transfers are very difficult to trace, if not impossible" can imply that with the proper motivation and means the tranfers can be traced, why not : "DarkSend Transfers are impossible to trace" instead, can we say that now ?

That's hard to say - I would never make that kind of statement and it would likely hurt our credibility. The entire field of cryptography is based around the principle that you can make things hard but never make them impossible. It is widely held principle in the related field of computer security as well - and it makes people who know the field nervous if you make a statement like that - and tends to piss them off.

Even if it were impossible theoretically - in general - there would likely eventually be a side-channel attack that would allow someone - under certain conditions - to trace it - again, hurting the coin due to a naive statement of impossibility.

That's true, so something like "The DarkSend protocol allows untraceable transfers*" can be good ?
The DarkSend protocol allows encrypted transfers  - what about that ^^

Two things:
- The DarkSend protocol isn't encrypted at all, I'm not even sure it needs to be with the way I'm designing it.
- Transactions added to the blockchain are nearly impossible to figure out who the payer and payee is and link them together. However, it doesn't allow "untracable transfers". You could put "theoretically untraceable transfers".

How about "virtually untraceable"?

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:07:55 AM

"DarkSend Transfers are very difficult to trace, if not impossible" can imply that with the proper motivation and means the tranfers can be traced, why not : "DarkSend Transfers are impossible to trace" instead, can we say that now ?

That's hard to say - I would never make that kind of statement and it would likely hurt our credibility. The entire field of cryptography is based around the principle that you can make things hard but never make them impossible. It is widely held principle in the related field of computer security as well - and it makes people who know the field nervous if you make a statement like that - and tends to piss them off.

Even if it were impossible theoretically - in general - there would likely eventually be a side-channel attack that would allow someone - under certain conditions - to trace it - again, hurting the coin due to a naive statement of impossibility.

That's true, so something like "The DarkSend protocol allows untraceable transfers*" can be good ?

Two things:
- The DarkSend protocol isn't encrypted at all, I'm not even sure it needs to be with the way I'm designing it.
- Transactions added to the blockchain are nearly impossible to figure out who the payer and payee is and link them together. However, it doesn't allow "untracable transfers". You could put "theoretically untraceable transfers".

In the end, I like this, "DarkSend Transfers are very difficult to trace, if not impossible" best because one can't say for certain that it can't be traced but you hint at it being impossible to trace.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
sippsnapp

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:10:24 AM

Two things:

In the end, I like this, "DarkSend Transfers are very difficult to trace, if not impossible" best because one can't say for certain that it can't be traced but you hint at it being impossible to trace.

I pmd with the guy who posted the screens yesterday , but he didnt disclose his software:

hrt

Activity: 27

View Profile Personal Message (Online)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)

Re: cpu hashrate
« Sent to: sippsnapp on: March 11, 2014, 06:44:56 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
   Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageDelete
I run through mining proxy with a changed code. it denies automatic difficulty adjustment on pool stratum server, assign to each share variable hash raws [not unfeigned] thus stratum server is incapable to make up authenticity of this shares. i have always calculated at 0 diff and got all shares accepted, earnings respectively
Report To Admin
hrt

Activity: 27

View Profile Personal Message (Online)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)

Re: cpu hashrate
« Sent to: sippsnapp on: March 11, 2014, 08:50:38 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
   Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageDelete
added several extensions while compiled from 1.3 version in open source
i tried with different algos and at now proxy works on X11, groestl, qubit and sha256d.
saying clearly sha256d is not so useful as 500-1000GH guys play. on sha256d i have 80 iterations per second each pick up a low diff share at speed 48000KH. Running 30 CPU is equal to 115GH
if you are interested and there are other engaged people i can start a new topic with this on mind and share proxy for small donate although pulling out this in public would be risky as this is still cheating

Πάντα ῥεῖ
Bitcoin + Altcoin node pool setup - pm
Pages: « 1 ... 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 [412] 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: