Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:56:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 6997 6998 6999 7000 7001 7002 7003 7004 7005 7006 [7007] 7008 7009 7010 7011 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
Larty

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2023, 11:16:48 PM

Yes, the price is rising and it pleases Smiley Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
UraGun

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 16, 2023, 10:14:27 AM

Hi to everyone! Please can anyone poke me to the article, or maybe can explain how to generete these vsporkAddresses at the begining of compiling a new coin, not dash! But the same! I'v rummaged all the internet but couldn't find any suggestion! Thank You! Looking for suggestion how to generate these vSporkAddresses starting from v.0.15! Very Thanks!
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 03, 2023, 01:56:56 AM

Lets analyse Dash holistically.

How much more powerful could its marketcap be if the Masternode reward was directed economically instead of arbitrarily ?
Bowser7

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2023, 07:34:48 AM

Hey!

We added Dash to our Mining Pool: https://bowserlab.ddns.net:8080

How to connect:

-a x11 -o stratum+tcp://bowserlab.ddns.net:3534 -u <WALLET_ADDRESS> -p c=DASH

Happy mining!
broadhurst

Activity: 159
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 18, 2023, 08:06:00 AM

Hey!

We added Dash to our Mining Pool: https://bowserlab.ddns.net:8080

How to connect:

-a x11 -o stratum+tcp://bowserlab.ddns.net:3534 -u <WALLET_ADDRESS> -p c=DASH

Happy mining!
  Whatever happned to Dash?  It is just one of thousands of shitcoins created to enrich its developer creators and just exists for no apparant reason.
Will never in a million years get near ti its all time high
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2023, 11:26:11 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2023, 12:50:21 AM by toknormal

Whatever happned to Dash?  It is just one of thousands of shitcoins created to enrich its developer creators and just exists for no apparant reason.

It had a fatal flaw which was that governance was executed according to the priorities of insiders rather than outsiders.

The governance contracts therefore had to constantly appeal to insiders - people who already had Dash - in order to get votes, rather than those who didn't have it and would have had to buy it.

Ironically it was the outsiders that were needed to support the marketcap which is why it tanked. Even more ironically, the "insiders" haven't been retained by this policy and a significant number have disinvested. So not only did we have an increase in supply (from mining) but an increase in so called "circulating supply" from masternode disinvestment. That was because the masternode reward didn't sufficiently offset the capital loss on collateral which was (ironically) caused by the excessive masternode reward being far beyond the costs being incurred by masternode operators to maintain the network.

Dash thinks that Dash protocol controls the masternode reward. But anyone who's tried to live off a masternode reward knows that that's not true. Whatever the protocol sets, the free market values it accordingly. So if Dash sets the reward high and the market values it down, then it means that we got the setting wrong. It was suboptimal and we need to change it til the market sees it as optimal. This was not done.

Which all demonstrates that the policy had - and still has - its priorities reversed in terms of what is needed to attract new investors. Dash is not the "money of the people". Doge is the "money of the people" or even bitcoin as it does not throw away half its supply at zero price as we do.

New investors want native blockchain mining supply to be restricted to those that pay for it rather than have it gifted away beyond the level that is needed to retain core network resources. Until that issue is addressed, Dash will continue to flounder.
xkcdd

Activity: 214
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 19, 2023, 08:34:50 PM
Merited by nutildah (4)

Whatever happned to Dash?  It is just one of thousands of shitcoins created to enrich its developer creators and just exists for no apparant reason.

It had a fatal flaw which was that governance was executed according to the priorities of insiders rather than outsiders.

The governance contracts therefore had to constantly appeal to insiders - people who already had Dash - in order to get votes, rather than those who didn't have it and would have had to buy it.

Ironically it was the outsiders that were needed to support the marketcap which is why it tanked. Even more ironically, the "insiders" haven't been retained by this policy and a significant number have disinvested. So not only did we have an increase in supply (from mining) but an increase in so called "circulating supply" from masternode disinvestment. That was because the masternode reward didn't sufficiently offset the capital loss on collateral which was (ironically) caused by the excessive masternode reward being far beyond the costs being incurred by masternode operators to maintain the network.

Dash thinks that Dash protocol controls the masternode reward. But anyone who's tried to live off a masternode reward knows that that's not true. Whatever the protocol sets, the free market values it accordingly. So if Dash sets the reward high and the market values it down, then it means that we got the setting wrong. It was suboptimal and we need to change it til the market sees it as optimal. This was not done.

Which all demonstrates that the policy had - and still has - its priorities reversed in terms of what is needed to attract new investors. Dash is not the "money of the people". Doge is the "money of the people" or even bitcoin as it does not throw away half its supply at zero price as we do.

New investors want native blockchain mining supply to be restricted to those that pay for it rather than have it gifted away beyond the level that is needed to retain core network resources. Until that issue is addressed, Dash will continue to flounder.

Poppycock!  Ethereum.  Supply is gifted to already rich stakers, constant tail emission meaning the supply will approach infinity and while I do believe it will continue to sink versus Bitcoin, it's not doing nearly as bad as all that would suggest.  There are far better theories to describe why Dash has under performed, which we've gone over ad nauseam.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2023, 08:18:44 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2023, 10:19:25 PM by toknormal

Poppycock!  Ethereum.  Supply is gifted to already rich stakers, constant tail emission meaning the supply will approach infinity and while I do believe it will continue to sink versus Bitcoin, it's not doing nearly as bad as all that would suggest.  There are far better theories to describe why Dash has under performed, which we've gone over ad nauseam.

You're comparing apples with oranges. Ethereum has an on-chain sink, Dash does not.

It's a completely different economic model because the tokens are consumable and used by the chain itself to pay fund on-chain services, so it's a business services archetype, not a monetary metal archetype like Dash which inherits bitcoin's model.

You can't just mine coins and give them away for zero price straight of the chain and expect that to support marketcap. Profit will be continuously taken by new holders at the expense of marketcap, it's just numbers. The reward needs to be adjusted for optimal marketcap, not optimal masternode greed.

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 27, 2023, 08:07:21 PM

I had to do a critical fast transaction lately (time limited) and figured out that the destination supports all sorts of altcoins but Dash coin. So sad Dash had been perfect for that.
So I tired litecoin and the transaction failed to make it in time. Value lost. No drama it wasn't a big amount. I ended up using a converter to doge coin and sending doge just to be sure it makes it in time although I never possesed any doge coins.

Also I used CoinJoin.. it is a long time since I used that and I figured that there is a problem for a user like me that after a time forgets certain restrictions.

Despite haveing a lot more in mixed coins it refused to send with autocalculated transaction fees.
So no biggy I switched to manual..but then it failed because it said it can't match the value with the mixed coins.

Took me a time to remember that in that case I will have to create a new internal address and send a mixed value that works to it and then send from that address.

So maybe this could be improved (automated?) for the user because honestly this can only be done by someone that has a better base knowledege in crypto and wallets.

Will Evolutions really come out this year after beeing anounced for years and years?  And don't you think that it is too late for that already? Dash is gone from various coin accepting shops. So how should it happen that it becomes listed and used again? Just my thoughts. Not blameing anyone.
cheers

Devolution..this shit is devolving year after year.
theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2023, 11:49:19 AM

Was a long time DASH fan boy and a very long time DASH masternode holder. Unfortunately I powered down and sold it all off. Getting rid of the shitcoins.

I still like the spirit of DASH in theory. I think the technology is superior to Bitcoin, I think a lot of coins are. But Bitcoin's network effects are too powerful. So I don't have faith long term. And owning too many shitcoins is very stressful to me personally.

But I wish you guys all the best and I hope me selling off makes the price go boom as always happens Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
gadado2

Activity: 31
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 28, 2023, 04:17:08 PM

Not only Dash.

After beeing a long time on Bitcoin Wallet Version 20 I downloaded the latest Wallet and I was faced with Address type choose. I mean I knew about segwit but now beeing faced to have to choose one of those cryptic for normal user nothing saying address types... I had to google them and read what they are doing.

They really destryed Bitcoin with their Segwit thing. Things should become simple and easy to understand for users not more cryptic and more confusing.

I don't like what is happening. If you think about it out of all this 1000 of coins there is hardly anyone usefull today. How could we hit a wall so hard!?
No wonder Crypto isn't attractive for anyone else than some investors that hope to gain some money through speculations.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 29, 2023, 08:01:13 AM

Not only Dash.

After beeing a long time on Bitcoin Wallet Version 20 I downloaded the latest Wallet and I was faced with Address type choose. I mean I knew about segwit but now beeing faced to have to choose one of those cryptic for normal user nothing saying address types... I had to google them and read what they are doing.

They really destryed Bitcoin with their Segwit thing. Things should become simple and easy to understand for users not more cryptic and more confusing.

I don't like what is happening. If you think about it out of all this 1000 of coins there is hardly anyone usefull today. How could we hit a wall so hard!?
No wonder Crypto isn't attractive for anyone else than some investors that hope to gain some money through speculations.

The deep state, the powers that be, the new world order...it is destroying/attacking crypto.
lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 653
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 29, 2023, 11:15:33 PM

What do you guys think of CyberYen? They claim privacy but a real cypherpunk privacy project.

It looks interesting. Worth a look.

Here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5411430.0
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2023, 03:26:44 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2023, 03:43:30 PM by afbitcoins

I sold out all my Dash too. I was a huge believer in the project. until the vote to give more supply to masternodes. Which was an epic fail by all standards.

The argument was something like, miners sell their coins and masternode holder don't so less selling will make price go up. And more supply 'rewarded' to masternodes will entice more masternodes to come online so more will be hodl'd and price will go up. masternode holders loved that and wouldn't listen to good sense arguing otherwise. it was almost like they dont like proof of work.

So lets have a look shall we, heres the number of masternodes since the reward allocation was changed, marked with a big red arrow.

oh dear.

and here's price. same story.

As people like toknormal and myself and very few others pointed pointed out all along. this wont work. guess what we were right.

IF instead, with a reward allocation favoring proof of work and paying masternode holders enough only to cover costs of running a cheap node, dash could have been above the likes of litecoin and monero now.

It was obvious (to some) that Dash masternode holders made a huge error of judgement, voting more masternode reward for themselves. Based on their own greed they screwed this project. Such a shame.

it really is a credit to dash that it is clinging in the top 100 when you consider how much of the supply is given away almost for free with every... single ... block
Pang.

Activity: 257
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 12, 2023, 10:12:07 AM

I sold out all my Dash too. I was a huge believer in the project. until the vote to give more supply to masternodes. Which was an epic fail by all standards.

The argument was something like, miners sell their coins and masternode holder don't so less selling will make price go up. And more supply 'rewarded' to masternodes will entice more masternodes to come online so more will be hodl'd and price will go up. masternode holders loved that and wouldn't listen to good sense arguing otherwise. it was almost like they dont like proof of work.

So lets have a look shall we, heres the number of masternodes since the reward allocation was changed, marked with a big red arrow.

oh dear.

and here's price. same story.

As people like toknormal and myself and very few others pointed pointed out all along. this wont work. guess what we were right.

IF instead, with a reward allocation favoring proof of work and paying masternode holders enough only to cover costs of running a cheap node, dash could have been above the likes of litecoin and monero now.

It was obvious (to some) that Dash masternode holders made a huge error of judgement, voting more masternode reward for themselves. Based on their own greed they screwed this project. Such a shame.

it really is a credit to dash that it is clinging in the top 100 when you consider how much of the supply is given away almost for free with every... single ... block

your charts were already bearish before the vote you considered key.
I think that Dash already had a great decadent career since it handed over the funds to a DCG team that only managed it directly for their pockets, and to some masternodes that voted for million-dollar proposals to finance garbage that never gave value to the network. If they had done things differently a few years ago with that budget, today Dash would be top 5 without a doubt.
xkcdd

Activity: 214
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 13, 2023, 08:33:46 AM

I agree with Pang, the chart was already super bearish by the time the decision was made to try and save Dash by paying the stakers slightly more for holding the troubled coin.  The change that AFBitcoins (DashAF) and Tokenormal are complaining about is a decision to increase the % of the block reward paid to Masternodes from 45% to 54% by May 2025 !  A very modest change!  In hindsight, we can see that this change did not go far enough and the APY earned by the holders was not sufficient to stop the torrential selling as your boys tokenormal and AFBitcoin dumped the living shit out of this coin sending the price to where it is today.

Decred is another coin that has moved to reduce the amount of reward paid to miners https://docs.decred.org/advanced/issuance/ and it is following same trajectory as any other alt, no better or worse, FIRO also had a reallocation to favour the masternodes and does just fine.  This nonsense about paying miners more makes no sense if we aren't able to get more value from them for doing so.
Pang.

Activity: 257
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 13, 2023, 09:09:11 AM

We look back, and in all these years, I wonder how it is possible that after so much development work I still use Dash almost like the first day I used it back in 2015.
It was already fast, there were already incentivized nodes, it could already be obfuscated... I even remember projects that copied dash like vcash.
Today I use Dash and I hardly see what so much budget and so much development was used for... yes, we have chainlocks, we have direct dash that is still a bridge that almost any currency could do indirectly, we have DIF... even though I don't know very well why?
With all the budget exhausted these years, we could have mountains of gold, real estate, commercial networks... and the only thing we have is the promise that soon we will see the Dash network in operation...

Sounds like a joke, right?

I already said that I will not sell my nodes, whether they are worth 0 or 1000, but what I will do from time to time is remember what we were, what we are, and what we can become.
gadado2

View Profile
April 14, 2023, 06:25:39 PM

I see a V19.0.0 on https://www.dashninja.pl/

Something exciting in the works that will see the light soon? Evo maybe?  Shocked
Would be the first time I gladly upgrade the client and the masternodes lol...
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2023, 09:42:33 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2023, 08:57:27 AM by toknormal

Decred is another coin that has moved to reduce the amount of reward paid to miners https://docs.decred.org/advanced/issuance/ and it is following same trajectory as any other alt, no better or worse

Not correct. Decred is following the same trajectory as Dash, not "any other alt".

"Mineables" that didn't do what Dash & Decred did have retained their place in the Top 10 and other "Mineables" that weren't even in our league such as Doge, Ether Classic and others have taken our places.

The reason for this is that mining is a market. If you want to market analyse Dash the you have to look at the WHOLE market, whatever currency is used to acquire Dash, not just exchange markets. With that in mind, the word "mining" is only a metaphor - a metaphor for a decentralised market that uses hashrate as currency instead of US Dollars. It's still a market though and if you feed supply into that market to ANY participant at zero price then you simply undermine the market capitalisation (pun intended).

It's fine that masternodes are rewarded.

It isn't fine that they are rewarded at multiples of the numerical monthly value they contribute to the network. Then the "free market" (that isn't invested in masternodes) just compensates by devaluing that contribution relative to other assets, and along with it our collateral and the entire marketcap.

Anybody that doesn't understand that has no business investing in Dash, never mind governing it.

gadado2

View Profile
April 16, 2023, 08:05:26 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2023, 08:52:30 AM by gadado2

A warning about the V19 update.. you might have to resynch the Blockchain which takes hours (9 hours) and pose bans your masternode!

I don't know if it is just me but every single Update fails and often leads to a poseban of my nodes because I can't fix it within less than half a day!

And I even use Masternode-Zeus which is awesome but still it goes all down to trash for me.

Some helpful things/steps.

1) Putty login as Dashadmin

2) 50 Gbyte SSD is at the very limit now (recommended is 60) so you will have to check if you have still enough diskspace:
check for used up diskspace

Code:
df -h

3) You most likely have to update Masternode-Zeus the old didn't want to update to v19

To do so I first remove the Masternode-Zeus folder.. I haven't found a better way..  Linux is a strange world to me:
(Note you might have it in a different folder or place)

Code:
rm -r Masternode-Zeus
and say yes to every /.git/objects delete request !!!
if fails try again and if still fails try with
Code:
sudo rm -r Masternode-Zeus

Once that is gone you fcan get it fresh from github

Code:
git clone https://github.com/kxcd/Masternode-Zeus
chmod +x Masternode-Zeus/masternode_zeus.sh

4) Start Masternode-Zeus
Code:
Masternode-Zeus/masternode_zeus.sh

5) best to do first
is select 4.Reclaim free disk space
select r to reboot
and then you have to Putty login as Dashadmin admin again and start Masternode-Zeus again

6) select 3. Manage the nodes (DO NOT select install new Dash bin..happend to me on one node )
there select 1. Update the dash bins and check if it worked
then select 2. Update sentinel.

DO not do that! I believe that is a troubeling step..likely dash is still synchroniceing.. but I useually at that point want to reboot the whole server
Code:
sudo su -
/sbin/reboot

7) check status of the masternode with Masternode-Zeus

Cool if dashd isn't working then check the dash logfile for errors with Masternode-Zeus
Note that viewing the log file also seems critical.. it hung my whole node twice already!! But you have to do it if dashd isn't working.

for me forexample it said: I have to resynch the blockchain. You can do that in Masternode-Zeus
Really that Tool is gold! So good.

Befor you do the resynch you have to check if you have an automatic reboot installed (I have a daily reboot on my systems)
You have to go to root first:
Code:
sudo su -
then
Code:
crontab -l

to see if you have something there.. if so you might have to deactivate it before you do a 10 hours resynch

Anyway my resynch hung after 7 hours anyway.... yeah morphy ..I manage to nothing works smooth ever in linux.

If you had to resynch (takes ours) have fun reactivating your nodes out of Poseban!!

At that point it is strongly recommended to wait for right after you got a payment else be prepared to lose a whole week of payment!

Hope that helps others to have a less stressfull update.

cheers

p.s. The resynch freed up a lot diskspace ! So if you are at the disksize limit this might help you a lot.
Pages: « 1 ... 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 6997 6998 6999 7000 7001 7002 7003 7004 7005 7006 [7007] 7008 7009 7010 7011 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: