Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:31:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 [1700] 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722601 times)
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:05:48 PM

FWIW, I think DRK will be very successful, at least in the intermediate term. I agree that we cannot predict what may happen years from now. In the current market, however, here is what you have:

a) Coin with privacy built in. It may not be 100% absolute, but it's a darn site better than BTC, LTC, etc. As we all know, there is a *very* large market for a currency with inherent privacy features. This is a post-Snowden world, which means that a desire for anonymity and privacy no longer automatically means people are up to no good.

b) First mover advantage with respect to the privacy functions of the coin. Others may end up with various technological advantages (or not), but to rival DRK they would have to overcome a significant hurdle.

c) Appears to be gaining strong traction and credibility. Not to beat a dead horse, but Bitfinex doesn't deal with "just any" crypto.

d) Masternode payments, especially the 20% change, will drive many people to buy coins in order to set up MNs. I think the demand from MNs is going to be overwhelming. I also think that people are "waiting to see" at the moment, after the hard fork disaster last time.

e) Evan says the forking issue is resolved and additional protections (checkpointing) are built in. There is a clear roadmap for RC3 and RC4. By all accounts Evan and the community are both excellent. Remember, the best investors (Warren Buffett, etc.) often invest based more on management than product.

I'm personally "all in." Only time will tell, but I'm confident I've made the best possible decision that can be made without access to a crystal ball =)

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:06:48 PM

At this time, isn't price is about what the whales happen to decide to do with their money more than anything? If DRK makes it long term, then sure, it will be worth a lot. But that still seems kind of like a hefty "if" to me, and short-term, all bets are off as well because the P&Ds make it very difficult to know what will happen to price (unless you're one of them lol).

That's why I said gauge what the largest stakeholders are doing with their money by looking at the top wallets (exclude exchanges). They clearly have a lot more at stake than the smaller coinholders and if they still see value in adding, there must be some sort of reason behind the madness.

I don't disagree that price is at least being manipulated to an extent, especially with the low volume dumps, but it's hard for me to decide to part with anything substantial being that the book just isn't there with available orders (that leaves me feeling uncomfortable buying back what I'd sell without price moving substantially to the upside).

I think you make a very significant point, and I agree. So far the big holders, are well, holding. That's a good sign, enough for me to hold too. That being said I'm a bit divided about it, I certainly have no great confidence. Yes, they seem to be holding FOR NOW. I don't really think they are religious about it or anything, if they see the right indicators or lose confidence for some reason, they will dump. And if they did.....

You can sit around waiting for ever on absolute certainty. Darkcoin is far and away the best on the scene right now, in a multitude of different ways, so I back it, particularly as there is currently zero credible competition.

I would hedge if there was anything promising to hedge with, but for the forseeable future there are exactly two cryptocurrencies of any worth, BTC for public/don't care transactions, and DRK for privacy. Everything else is pointless.

I really don't care about the price day to day, I'm thinking 6 months+

You didn't used to go by a different nick, beginning with a K by any chance? Cheesy Because that guy made a total arse out of himself...

+1, a lot of big drk holders are holding for the longterm, 6+ months from now, including myself.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:18:25 PM

I don't know where we find a short-term bottom (unless this .0168 was it), however I do know that on the logarithmic chart volume and price so far this week are eerily similar to volume and price from April 26-May 2....and look at what happened after May 2.

"Big guys" (smart money) aren't dumping here just like they weren't dumping then. This is all the result of panicky little guys who are overtrading and likely losing their BTC little by little.
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
Fosca

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:23:38 PM

I don't know where we find a short-term bottom (unless this .0168 was it), however I do know that on the logarithmic chart volume and price so far this week are eerily similar to volume and price from April 26-May 2....and look at what happened after May 2.

"Big guys" (smart money) aren't dumping here just like they weren't dumping then. This is all the result of panicky little guys who are overtrading and likely losing their BTC little by little.
JL

Fully agree, I remember the may 2nd. I almost sold all my coins when it hit 0,0025. But before I managed to get it to an exchange it picked up. I vowed not to make these shortterm faulty decisions ever again. And indeed now is  not very different to pre 2nd of may, slow decline, little volume, looks like no-one is interested in the coin anymore. And then BAM!

edit: not very different
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:23:48 PM

At this time, isn't price is about what the whales happen to decide to do with their money more than anything? If DRK makes it long term, then sure, it will be worth a lot. But that still seems kind of like a hefty "if" to me, and short-term, all bets are off as well because the P&Ds make it very difficult to know what will happen to price (unless you're one of them lol).

That's why I said gauge what the largest stakeholders are doing with their money by looking at the top wallets (exclude exchanges). They clearly have a lot more at stake than the smaller coinholders and if they still see value in adding, there must be some sort of reason behind the madness.

I don't disagree that price is at least being manipulated to an extent, especially with the low volume dumps, but it's hard for me to decide to part with anything substantial being that the book just isn't there with available orders (that leaves me feeling uncomfortable buying back what I'd sell without price moving substantially to the upside).

I think you make a very significant point, and I agree. So far the big holders, are well, holding. That's a good sign, enough for me to hold too. That being said I'm a bit divided about it, I certainly have no great confidence. Yes, they seem to be holding FOR NOW. I don't really think they are religious about it or anything, if they see the right indicators or lose confidence for some reason, they will dump. And if they did.....

You can sit around waiting for ever on absolute certainty. Darkcoin is far and away the best on the scene right now, in a multitude of different ways, so I back it, particularly as there is currently zero credible competition.

I would hedge if there was anything promising to hedge with, but for the forseeable future there are exactly two cryptocurrencies of any worth, BTC for public/don't care transactions, and DRK for privacy. Everything else is pointless.

I really don't care about the price day to day, I'm thinking 6 months+

You didn't used to go by a different nick, beginning with a K by any chance? Cheesy Because that guy made a total arse out of himself...

+1, a lot of big drk holders are holding for the longterm, 6+ months from now, including myself.

+1  

As a "big holder" I am also long term.
godzirra

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:25:01 PM

"It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight! It is no trick at all to be right on the market. You always find lots of early bulls in bull markets and early bears in bear markets. I've known many men who were right at exactly the right time, and began buying or selling stocks when prices were at the very level which should show the greatest profit. And their experience invariably matched mine--that is, they made no real money out of it. Men who can both be right and sit tight are uncommon."

Guess who said this?

And look at all the sobs stories of early btc holders. If only... I'm pretty sure they all felt like geniuses selling. There is literally no compelling alternative to drk at this point in time. If you sell your drk what alt will you buy? Ltc?

We have reached several milestones. But these things take time. Honestly though I don't care if people sell. Smart money is long drk.
count_cyrpto

Activity: 288

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:30:18 PM

Wake me when we're at .015....
mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:32:58 PM

JL

Fully agree, I remember the may 2nd. I almost sold all my coins when it hit 0,0025. But before I managed to get it to an exchange it picked up. I vowed not to make these shortterm faulty decisions ever again. And indeed now is  not very different to pre 2nd of may, slow decline, little volume, looks like no-one is interested in the coin anymore. And then BAM!

Dude. I'm not trying to cause any trouble, but google Stock Bubble Pattern and then look at the 12h chart on bitcoinwisdom. If you think the drop to 0.01 was bad its going to get allot worse.

This doesn't mean I don't think DRK will break through 0.1 by the end of summer, I'm just saying its likely that its going to 0.005 first.

Check out the chart, you'll see what I'm saying then.
foolio

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:37:59 PM

I'm down about 50 BTC from buying up a large portion of the wall at .024... to put things into further perspective, if I wanted to sell say 60btc of my stash, I'd move the price down to 170 on MP, however, if for whatever reason I wanted those coins back, price would move all the way up to around 185. Let the small traders have their day, but the majority with quite a few coins, aren't trying to swing trade this. There is a ton of liquidity off the book. You saw that when 5-10k coin orders bought the book up to 190ish today. They aren't sitting with their massive buy orders on the book, they are just patiently waiting for enough orders to stack up before mowing down.

I've noticed that. I've noticed a general difference in the DRK rise over the last week in that regard. It didn't seem like a normal pump to me... there were more buyers waiting in stealth for the opportune moment to stock up. They didn't want to raise the price with buy orders. On the other hand it's difficult to gauge the selling pressure now for the same reason... the dumpers filling orders down to a specific level, wait... let it replenish, repeat, until no one wants to put buy orders at that level, only then dumping lower. It's a big poker game it seems and no one wants to show their hand on the order book. A lot of us I think are just holding our breath wondering what will happen now. I am. In the end, holding seems  a little safer than dumping to me. Like everyone else, I've lost coins by selling when I thought the price would go down more, then having to buy back later for more...

If I had to guess (99% chance this will be wrong!) I would say that the price will flatten out at some level probably around 0.15 -  0.17 for a while (maybe dipping as low as .014), for 3 or 4 days maybe, eventually climbing gradually, and finally making another rally as we get closer to the next release... I think it's the masternode payments coming back online in a couple of weeks. That's what my gut says is likely... as long as no major problems arise or competition doesn't step up their game massively or any other thing to make the big holders dump.

I hope everyone holds, but I could not in good conscience "advise" that (with any confidence).

edit: I have never been on this forum before under another nick, but I have made an arse out of myself many times, and doubtless will again!
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:40:08 PM

JL

Fully agree, I remember the may 2nd. I almost sold all my coins when it hit 0,0025. But before I managed to get it to an exchange it picked up. I vowed not to make these shortterm faulty decisions ever again. And indeed now is  not very different to pre 2nd of may, slow decline, little volume, looks like no-one is interested in the coin anymore. And then BAM!

Dude. I'm not trying to cause any trouble, but google Stock Bubble Pattern and then look at the 12h chart on bitcoinwisdom. If you think the drop to 0.01 was bad its going to get allot worse.

This doesn't mean I don't think DRK will break through 0.1 by the end of summer, I'm just saying its likely that its going to 0.005 first.

I guess we will have to wait and see. I think it is hard for me to take your opinion to heart because you are a trader and looking to maximize short term profits. Also you are a backer and investor in XC coin and I find that to be very bad judgement. I guess some traditional trading people are more about the charts and analytics and less about the technology, community and fundamentals of the coin.  Like I said I really appreciate the input but I dont think you are right. I just think a lot of people in cryptos have a short attention span and they cant sit tight for a month and let the product be developed that is their loss and our gain.
Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:44:39 PM

This guy is a huge XC shill. Check what he posted in the "Uncensored XC thread" & "Darkcoin is a huge scam" thread.  Wink

Want to see a progress report on kickass development and why anyone worrying right now is short sighted?
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/help-test-rc2-forking-issues.1009/page-13#post-7060

Read a couple of posts there. It's a blockchain within a blockchain.
raze182

Activity: 163

A légpárnás hajóm tele van angolnákkal.

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:47:31 PM

Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
count_cyrpto

Activity: 288

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:49:18 PM

Ok, enough "I think this coin is headed to X amount." Can someone post a link to some literature on what and how masternodes work? I'd like to read up on it.

Thanks
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:49:59 PM

Ok, enough "I think this coin is headed to X amount." Can someone post a link to some literature on what and how masternodes work? I'd like to read up on it.

Thanks

https://darkcointalk.org/forums/official-developer-thread.15/

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:52:24 PM

Thanks

https://darkcointalk.org/forums/official-developer-thread.15/

Here everything you need to know about Darkcoin.

http://wiki.darkcoin.eu/wiki/FAQ
Fosca

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:55:00 PM

JL

Thanks for your advice. Looked at the chart of google and I am now even more inclined to say there will be a BAM to the upside! This is hard science not guessing or crystal ball or anything it will do BAM to the upside.

No really I have no idea where it will go, just have to follow my gut and go with the strong dev team and a coin with unmatched fundamentals. So I happily follow that, but hey looking at nasdaq stock vs crypto comparisions might also lead to conclusions.....
mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:55:33 PM

This guy is a huge XC shill. Check what he posted in the "Uncensored XC thread" & "Darkcoin is a huge scam" thread.  Wink

Want to see a progress report on kickass development and why anyone worrying right now is short sighted?
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/help-test-rc2-forking-issues.1009/page-13#post-7060

I was just trolling the trolls. I was bored. Look, I'm a big supporter of DRK in the long term, you can check my previous posts to verify that. You can also check my previous posts all you'll realise I used to trade professionally.

Anyways, I'm just trying to save you guys some money. I know what's coming and I only think its fair to level the playing field and share it with you guys.

Just check the 12h charts, then google 'stock bubble pattern' and check out the images. The two are near identical, it's not a coincidence. This dip isn't going to stop anytime soon, yes you might have the occasional bit of support here and there, but DRK is going down.

Anyways, I'm still a believer long term, and the price doesn't tie into long term prosperity. I'm just saying, look for yourself. The price is going to continue downwards for a long time to come..

I hope you can look past your emotional attachment to the price and see what's right infront of you.

Anyways, ill be back in a week or two to buy back in when the price is at its bottom. I strongly suggest you do the same.

Please don't look at this as an attack on the coin, but more me trying to help the community, and more specifically, the newbie traders. I think it's only fair.

Anyways, i wont post again on the matter.

Good luck guys.
Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:57:46 PM

Very well written highly manipulative FUD.

Cheers.

Cheers!
AizenSou

Activity: 938

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:59:18 PM

Sorry for being an douchebag but sometimes I just want to pay some trollers more for spreading FUD about DRKs. Some days I woke up middle of the night and thought DRK crashed so I rushed to my PC to place some buy orders. But DRK always disappoints me Sad.

Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:59:26 PM

I would say to anyone reading, Do Not Listen to someone telling you to buy/sell. Crypto is extremely unpredictable. No one predicted when Bitcoin would start climbing, or when DRK shot up from 60 cents to $2.50. All those that said you "not buy" are now kicking themselves for it, same as those who said "sell"

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Pages: « 1 ... 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 [1700] 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: