Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:05:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 [2130] 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:35:12 AM

Ghash.io says they should have a wallet up by the end of the week for those mining DRK there so we can finally withdraw.

On that note, I wonder how much DRK is piled up there that hasn't been withdrawn since their DRK pool started.   lol

Did this happen? If so, the recent fall could have been a temporary drop due to Ghash.io miners selling a backlog of DRK.

HiddenDark

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:39:41 AM

I've mentioned a couple of times before that I'm working on a little (hopefully it will become big) DRK project. I think it is an important thing for DRK to have if there is to be widespread adoption.

So far I've funded everything myself which has eaten into my DRK holdings quite a bit (I own/owned a very small amount compared to most people here).

What I would like is one or more people who would like to buy a stake (it doesn'thave to be much) in what I'm building so I can add more features sooner. I think this has a good chance of being popular and making some money.

If your want to know more PM me for detalis.

Bump.

Beginner’s Guide to Darkcoin www.darkcoinguide.us
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:47:43 AM

{SNIP}

Agree~!

Another MN will be added today~ Thanks for the cheap DRK.  Grin

Although i don't want to point out it (i need more cheap drk  Tongue) and many ppl may noticed that too... nearly 60% of the 100 richest address never sell a single DRK~
http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-darkcoin-addresses.html

Make that two =)...just pulled my money out of MSAFE and moved to DRK last night. I still believe in MSAFE but at these prices I simply couldn't resist.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Maidsafe have been on for 7+ years since first concept, and since created a coin to back it up, and still have nothing to show for. Now, their project on paper and fancy youtube videos do sound AWESOME. I would CERTAINLY buy into that! Whats not to like about it?? But 7+ years and VC capital behind it... and still... nothing?

Not bad-mounthing, just saying. Depends on how long term and belief you have in a project.

In my opinion, MSAFE will either change the world and be worth billions, or it will be a nice distributed dropbox and be worth a few tens of millions. It's really impossible to say. They're shooting for the moon, and I've always been a big believer in making sure your reach exceeds your grasp. Time will tell.

P.S. My MSAFE investment lost 33% since I bought it. BUT I held it until DRK reached such insane prices that I couldn't resist any longer. I figure if I hadn't invested in MSAFE, I would have spent it all on DRK at .018 or .019. As it is, I lost a third of my money on MSAFE, but was able to buy into DRK at half the price I would have if I hadn't invested in MSAFE, so it's still a winner lol.

18 BTC @ .018 = 1000 DRK
12 BTC @ .01 = 1200 DRK

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
turk-fx

Activity: 216

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:59:30 AM

OMG! TanteStefana is selling!

Really people. Stop crapping your pants.

Please stop mentioning Tante out of pure respect, period !! She has done more for the rise of DRK price, than most of you whinoes put together!

LOL, yes, I said so back at the beginning of June that I need to make a payment.  I held off as long as I can, but I'm going to have to sell 70 coins next week.  I know that can start a panic sell, I'm sorry.  But rich people like myself just have to do such things sometimes  Grin  Cheesy  Grin

70 coin is nothing t0 start a panic sell. Let me know when you are going to sell. I will pay you current market price when you are selling. I can pay by paypal, or if it is on 9th of the month, I have 1btc will be clearing from coinbase.

DARK Coin - Next innovation in Cypto world
My darkcoin address -> XtvnzfFJ7U7S8PHsEnTGAVKreTPmJWZoMv
thunderdrum

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:59:39 AM

About a month ago I discovered Darkcoin. I bought in over .02 after reading about what it was trying to do. I invested far more than I should have as I was certain it would keep going up.

I am in absolute despair right now, I still haven't told my wife how much I lost. Honestly, I'm terrified of the thought. It was money we could have used as a down payment on a house, or to send the kids to college. Money that pretty much would have been useful somewhere else.

We live in an apartment and have been saving for a house for years.

I'm sick to my stomach now. I can't sleep at night because my mind races through series of 'what-ifs.' I honestly don't know what to do. How do I tell my wife the money is gone?

I'm thinking about leaving everything behind and going off to some other country as that is how heavy the burden feels right now. I know my kids would miss me but I can't stand the thought of them knowing how much of a failure I am.

It's hard to read about all these people talking about all their profits and how much they made. I hope they realize for everything they've gained is off the back of someone like me who saw something they thought was a worthwhile investment and got burned.

First of all if your living in an apartment you shouldn't be having 5 kids, Its apparent you've been making bad decisions for some time now. Secondly welcome to capitalism, every winner in this game is standing on the backs of a thousand losers. I have zero remorse for you . . Hold your coins and next month your life will be a green candle stick

+1

Never invest money that you can't afford to lose, you made a very bad decision by using money that you need in real life to invest in crypto.

Crypto is high risk, ''reading'' about a certain coin is not enough, you should do some proper research as well.
Buying coins at a certain level when it already has risen quite a bit is your second mistake.

For the next time you should think before you buy crypto, not buy crypto and do the thinking after.

Let this be a lesson for you, hope you'll not make the same mistake.

I'm sorry for your panic situation. And i think you've been received so many reply from community. What i want you know is: you've made two main mistake in investment no matter what the subject you're investing. And don't make third one: Panic Sell. Now your lost is in Paper losses until you make that become true.

It's a tough situation for most of the ppl in the community or investor, not just for DRK~ Boats float low as the water gone.
But do your own math, is it such a brilliant Project like DRK can stay this low for long time?

BTW: learn from your mistake.
1. don't invest more than you can afford to lose
2. be patience and rational, no emotional no matter what's your situation is when you investment.
3. Subsection investment. Prepare for the worst situation. And you still have bullet for this.

This is the best project in crypto----DarkCoin. Time will tell and don't blame you miss it.
FAQ
thenorb

Activity: 62

TheNorb.com

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 02:00:22 AM

Anyone looking for a great DarkCoin pool to join that is updated to the current software and is paying masternodes, stop by our site at thenorb.com and sign up with us and start mining.  We appreciate any amount of hashing power you can bring you to the pool.

We also hold a weekly giveaway to miners of the DarkCoin pool, so that is another good reason to start mining with us. This giveaway is for our dedicated miners who mine with us consistently, thereby  cutting back on the people who just join to try and win and are not contributing to the pool.

AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS
STRATUM SERVER
24/7 MONITORING
DDOS PROTECTION
Current Coins: NUTCOIN - DARKCOIN
PPLNS PAYOUT SYSTEM

Pool Fee: 1%
Giveaway Fee: 0.5%

Minimum payout for Darkcoin: 0.1 DRK
Minimum payout for Nutcoin: 70 NUT

WEEKLY RANDOM GIVEAWAY TO ACTIVE MINERS ON THE POOL FROM THE GIVEAWAY FEE!!

NEXT GIVEAWAY IS LESS THAN 2 DAYS AWAY SO JOIN NOW FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN!!!

Payments are made directly to the miner, blocks are checked and payments are processed every 20 seconds. Once you signup on TheNorb.com you will have access to mine any coins on our site and you mine directly from your wallet address.
turk-fx

Activity: 216

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:16:21 AM

About a month ago I discovered Darkcoin. I bought in over .02 after reading about what it was trying to do. I invested far more than I should have as I was certain it would keep going up.

I am in absolute despair right now, I still haven't told my wife how much I lost. Honestly, I'm terrified of the thought. It was money we could have used as a down payment on a house, or to send the kids to college. Money that pretty much would have been useful somewhere else.

Sorry to hear your situation. But it is investment101, do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Secondly, this is crypto market. If you do not sell, you wont lose anything. Let me tell you my story. About 2 months ago I started with 10BTC, rise it to 14btc with dark and XC. But I was itching to trade so I got all in CINNI thinking it was gonna skyrocket. But I did not have the patience, so I sold at 12K satoshi, the next day it hit to 25K satorshi(Originally i put sell order at 22K), SO I thought It will keep going up, I got back in CINNI at 21K, then kept going down. SO I sold CINNI and got in XMR. I could not be patience. I got in around 25K and went all the way to 98K, but I sold at 35K(My original sell order was at 80K, but I was impatience.) Then I got in VRC. I got it at 10-11K and sold at 13K thinking it will keep bouncing back down to 10K(My original sell order was 28777satoshi) Then I got in XC, I knew it was gonna go up. I got in 110-120K. My original sell order was 250K. But I got impatience and sold at 135K so I could ride the DRK train, and lost a lot.Also I saw Mineral and I thought it was good idea. It was at 2K and moved all the way to 80K. I knew it was gonna go up, but I  was scraded to get caught on dawnfall.  If I was patience, I would rise my 10BTC to 50BTC already. Now I hold 700DRK(Added 1.5more BTC to my total investment) SO I made a lot of profit on a lot of coins, but my timing with DRK and cinni screwed me and I am down to 7BTC(lost 5btc.) But I am confident at the end I will come on top, once DRK is with fud and shitting and when RC4 is out.

Long story short, keep your DRK and you will be break even late July early August and if you are pattience enough, you should be up %40-60 by the end of the August.

But my advise to you, when DRK goes to 20-22satoshi, sell some of your holdings, so you wont be like having heart attack 24/7. If it was not more than you can afford to lose, I would advise to hold it up to 30K. BUT it looks like your obnoxious with your investment.

But imagine, if you entered at 10K, you could triple your down payment for the house. 

DARK Coin - Next innovation in Cypto world
My darkcoin address -> XtvnzfFJ7U7S8PHsEnTGAVKreTPmJWZoMv
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 02:23:23 AM

Cyrpto investing requires a time horizon of at least one or two years but given the volatility, probably much more. In the case of regular company shares; the recommended investment timeframe is at least 7 years. Drk has existed for about 6 months. I think it is possible to safely invest in Drk but one needs to be highly realistic about investment timeframes.

It is inadvisable to put short term money into something that requires long term development. Even in the case of paying bills etc; it is not prudent to use short term "spare money" to speculate on Drk. Make sure you have sufficient cashflows for lifestyle expenses. Budget and only invest surplus income into Drk.

IMHO, Drk is one of the few coins with legitimate tech behind it. The full potential of this tech has not been revealed or realised.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:31:38 AM

IMHO, Drk is one of the few coins with legitimate tech behind it. The full potential of this tech has not been revealed or realised.

Darkcoin being PoW is one of its strong points:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=558316.msg6501774#msg6501774
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:43:18 AM

Could you please not post this quite so often? Multiple times a day is just spammy.

thunderdrum

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:46:35 AM

Good chance of me having a grandma aunt...

As an XC holder, I apologize for the above FUD...he has been called out on the XC thread and we are attempting to reign him in and honor the truce.  

Thank you Sir Smiley

edited the fud out as well...

A gentle man. Hope everything goes well~  

Looking forward to see you join in DRK community. Good thing make good people become great.
 Grin

This is the best project in crypto----DarkCoin. Time will tell and don't blame you miss it.
FAQ
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:47:02 AM

Cyrpto investing requires a time horizon of at least one or two years but given the volatility, probably much more. In the case of regular company shares; the recommended investment timeframe is at least 7 years. Drk has existed for about 6 months. I think it is possible to safely invest in Drk but one needs to be highly realistic about investment timeframes.

It is inadvisable to put short term money into something that requires long term development. Even in the case of paying bills etc; it is not prudent to use short term "spare money" to speculate on Drk. Make sure you have sufficient cashflows for lifestyle expenses. Budget and only invest surplus income into Drk.

Are you serious?  One or two years?
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:54:02 AM

For the potential to be fully realized? Yes, probably.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
thunderdrum

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:54:21 AM

Good chance of XC passing DRKs marketcap within one month.. writing is on the wall. I mean.. just the word Darkcoin.. it sounds illegal. People more likely to use XC  Grin

I don't think the name matters as much as you think.

The coin with the better technology and PR will win.

Here's what we are assuming for RC4 (yes, assuming!):

Darksend limit lifted
Darksend based on new crypto, extremely powerful anonymity (along the lines of ring sigs, but without the bloat)
MN payments enforced
"Spork" technology successfully implemented (enforcement = "on"); enforcement code perfected and streamlined
MN voting is deterministic
I2P integration completed or in the works
IP obfuscation

Based on the above features, we would be looking at a paradigm shift, and I think that the market would react accordingly. Now we don't know how many of those things will be in RC4, but we know from eltito that there's some damn amazing stuff in the works.

P.S. Peercoin as one of the most innovative cryptos ever? How's that? Yes, Proof of Stake was interesting, but what does PPC actually DO that nobody else did at the time? At it's heart it's still the same-old-same-old, albeit with a different staking/securing mechanism. Anonymity coins, on the other hand, are a *radical* departure from the normal paradigm.

+101

I think we should send out a challenge to other anonymity projects to get code verified by independent auditors. The auditors would not say which project is better or take sides, just verify the code does what is says on the packaging.

I'm not sure why people are sitting around waiting for Evan to finish coding RC4.

* Get bounty going for independent code audit. If we have nothing to fear, those that don't follow suit and don't have a real project yet take away investors, then they have something to fear. FUD and trolls go away, price goes up. Coins101

* Spork technology - that prevents ASICs as it means you can hard fork with fewer risks at any point you want, just with 3-6 months notice to the entire network. ASICs proof, if you want it. Get the word out. Price goes up.

* IP Obfuscation - mixing rendering block chain useless, plus protection from being able to track transactions through IP sniffing. Bitcoin / Litecoin can't compete with that. Get the word out. Price goes up.

* Bitcoin code compatibility - Having something similar to bitcoin means Darkcoin can go where bitcoin can go. Privacy groups complain about lack of privacy from bitcoin, darkcoin is one of only a few that can step in to existing bitcoin / litecoin merchant tools. Get the word out to the right places. Price goes up.

*  Master Nodes - increase in nodes, reduced coin supply, new services go into master nodes giving them more money, increase in master nodes. Get the word out, work on identifying new services, do some market research on them, invite others to work on them. Price goes up.

* Master Node pools Get the word out to invite people to set-up master node pools for those that can't afford a master node on their own. Price goes up.

* Privacy becomes a big issue for mass adoption and use in retail sectors that need privacy, credible options for mainstream use are recognised as limited, darkcoin picked to provide alternative option to run next to bitcoin, ETFs buy darkcoin. Raise the issues with affected markets already using bitcoin and would be impacted by its poor anonymity. Price goes up. Coins101

* B2B Adoption - businesses realise they can use Darkcoin to transact internationally without incurring high costs of fiat and with privacy to keep trades confidential. Price goes up.

What we need are coordinated activities to push darkcoin forward while technical work goes on. Technical work and innnovation will always be required. What do we do, watch the price go up and down between technical releases? Get real. There is a lot of value here, its just not being applied in the right way.

I'm happy to start a moderated thread on these topics, plus see through actions to contact those that need contacting. I'm happy to do this in a coordinated way through to central oversight and approval to ensure we all work in harmony and lockstep.

Anyone want to work on these with me, or go for any other activity?

Price is important, it is a currency after all. But what is more important is the technology and what is done to engage people with what is to come.

For the competition, if they have claims of being better, then let them all put money in a pot and let independent experts vet their code. That is what Darkcoin is going to do.

That will identify those that can walk the walk and those that just talk the talk  Wink

Everything in red is more or less accurate, though I don't have a current status on i2p (I'll ask Evan).

Code audit is lined up with a well known party.

Once Evan has a first run of the RC4 code, we're going to release the details.  At that point, we're confident that our competitors won't be able to catch up.  Look for that to happen ~10-12 days from now.
Excellent, thanks Eltito! Great timing for some positive news, we needed it! Just freed up 80 BTC for extra investments.

+1
and not as much as you do(15BTC~  Grin)

FAQ
thunderdrum

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:58:44 AM

We have been in this situation many times before human psychology and behaviour seems so predictable every time there is silence some people start selling just because they get nervous or they want to go for quick profits somewhere else, my advice is don’t be one of the short-sighted but who cares, the project will continue its evolution regardless.  Every time Evan and team have been silent for a week or two something awesome and improved is released, that is how projects evolve RC3 was a great test balloon, Evan have been receiving debugging information from mainnet since the spork and I am sure based on all that feedback he found a better and simpler way to implement what he wanted. On the first of July Eltito gave an official update letting us know RC4 was on the works and release date is end of July that is only 30 days, that is a very short period of time.

With regards to PR, marketing, adoption, etc. I am one of the most interested in continuing to work in that area, there is an awesome group of people collaborating at darkcointalk.org and ready to step on the gas once details on RC4 are released. I think is reasonable to expect more specific information within the next 2 weeks and then we will take it from there in terms of promotion.  For the time being just try to remember why you invested and try not to make any rushed decisions, I am not very active on the forums right now because there is not much to do from a volunteering perspective until testnet starts again, if Evan goes that route and I have found that this thread in particular becomes speculative and counterproductive during periods of heavy development because there is just not much to talk about that is relevant to the project. I am looking forward to a more productive conversation on the second half of the month.

If you can afford not to trade your Darkcoins, meaning your investment in DRK will not affect your life negatively in a meaningful way regardless of price my advice would be to take a break and come back in 10 days or so. Or find something positive to do for the coin while we wait for the official announcement.

Guys, just one night, makes so many good posts~

FAQ
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:15:52 AM

Quote from: coins101
* Master Node pools Get the word out to invite people to set-up master node pools for those that can't afford a master node on their own. Price goes up.

And if THAT doesn't work out, hmm...  There's some pretty cool stuff on the table beyond RC4 Wink.

In the meantime, if you have a few NXT lying around doing nothing, have a look at this:

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/masternode-profit-shares-for-sale-via-nxt-asset-exchange-initial-1-month-experiment.1725/

Thought it would be fun to play with, relatively small amounts at stake, and something bigger and better might come of it. If you wish, please comment in the darkcointalk thread, let me know what you think. Smiley
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 03:21:43 AM

Earn your own DRK coins by mining at the multipool. Not only that, you can earn DRK using your old ASIC hardware on SHA256 and SCRYPT coins!

DarkCoin by xpool - DRK Multipool

PROP reward system
DRK Payouts
Scrypt & SHA256 & X11 Algo's
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
0% Fees while in BETA
To mine:

How does it work?

xpool offers 3 different sets of coins to mine. SHA256, Scrypt and X11. Each algorithm runs on a shift. Currently there is no set interval as there needs to be enough found and confirmed blocks to make trading worthwhile on the exchanges. We don't want to finish a shift only to find out, the exchanges are going to eat up the payout in fees or limit the withdraw with a large minimum. The confirmed coins are traded throughout the duration of the shift automatically to maximize the profits from exchanging them into DRK. Once enough confirmed blocked are accumulated, the shift is moved into "Trading" status while all the exchanged coins are calculated into DRK and then queued for payment. Once all the coins are confirmed as successfully traded and exchanged, the DRK payments are sent.

As the pool picks up more hashing speed and sufficient DRK can be picked up from the exchanges, the shifts will be set to a schedule and payouts more frequent and less worry about the exchanges. This is a growing phase so the more hash support the better.
If a DRK block is found, there's no exchanging or loss of fees as it can simply be moved into the X11 payout queue.

The advantage of the pool is that you can utilize your older ASIC equipment to earn you the more desired DarkCoin.
Cheers and Happy Hashing!

Donations welcome!
!

Sent out over 28 DRK today for the sha256 and X11 shifts.

8.5761 DRK for SHA256
20.1019 DRK for X11

Thanks for the mining support!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 03:44:31 AM

If we look at Btc. We've experienced only one negative year out of 5: 2012. I think if we just invested in coins with real technical improvements and then only looked at it once every 6 to 12 months; people's personal experience of cryptos would be very different to the alternating panic, high, panic, high phases people are going through.

In other words: poor experiences in crypto are more a function of people's unrealistic expectations, insufficient planning and short investment timeframes that do not allow the potential of a coin to properly mature.

As Jesse Livermore said: It is always in the waiting that he made profits.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
CryptoPleb

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:57:58 AM

GIF anim...

- Enzwell
DRK: XkvuY1mQJYEtSk61DjJDyHaCtGbZAQn8ZU

Pretty
7vpo

Activity: 503

Na Zdorovie!

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:59:48 AM

Existing uncertainty needs to be end.

Dark can't stand against such sales and apathy.

I think Evan currently on vacation.

But the return of the sea will be amazing.
Pages: « 1 ... 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 [2130] 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: