Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:30:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2805 2806 2807 2808 2809 2810 2811 2812 2813 2814 2815 2816 2817 2818 2819 2820 2821 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 2828 2829 2830 2831 2832 2833 2834 2835 2836 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 [2855] 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 2902 2903 2904 2905 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722714 times)
BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:30:05 PM

Can someone explain to me why the price should go up with nothing to come out for at least 3-5 weeks?

Price kept going down since it was $11 RC3 didn't help MN didn't help RC4 didn't help because there is no marketing from the Dev team...Since 20th of June till now price went from $11 to 2.3  5 weeks from now and price will hit $1 easy.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:46:35 PM

Can someone explain to me why the price should go up with nothing to come out for at least 3-5 weeks?

Price kept going down since it was $11 RC3 didn't help MN didn't help RC4 didn't help because there is no marketing from the Dev team...Since 20th of June till now price went from $11 to 2.3  5 weeks from now and price will hit $1 easy.

The price does what it does.
Meanwhile, buy some more and setup masternodes..
Earning money was never so easy!
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:52:28 PM

Ahhh I love it, considering to buy another masternode, with these prices I`m almost creazy Smiley

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:09:16 PM

Ahhh I love it, considering to buy another masternode, with these prices I`m almost creazy Smiley

I think you are 100% correct with your whale theory.

See how the price is suppressed for a few days then boom, a massive buy... Repeat...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:16:14 PM

I think you are 100% correct with your whale theory.

See how the price is suppressed for a few days then boom, a massive buy... Repeat...

Oh by the way, who cares about the $ value of Darkcoin, this also includes the drop of Bitcoin.
Personally comparing the value of DRK to BTC is the only real measurement in monetary terms, but that said, markets do what markets do. Smiley
Jesse Livermore

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:26:38 PM

Simple.
1) eventually the weak hands who bought at the top can't take the pain any more and they get out,
2) this leaves the long-term believers who see the fundamentals of Darkcoin and will go down with the ship if need be,
3) new money enters from the long-term believers as well as from those who are brand new to Darkcoin and see a freaking bargain.

IMO we have bottomed and this is new money entering Darkcoin.
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
BagHolder010

Activity: 283

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:31:25 PM

I hope so, because I'm down by a lot and I refuse to sell. I remember when it was .016 and people saying the same thing.

But the next weeks gonna be bad for all Crypto imo; 2014 was a bad time for new comers like me to get into this mess =[

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
Jesse Livermore

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:37:11 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 09:48:19 PM by Jesse Livermore

I hope so, because I'm down by a lot and I refuse to sell. I remember when it was .016 and people saying the same thing.

But the next weeks gonna be bad for all Crypto imo; 2014 was a bad time for new comers like me to get into this mess =[

When either of the Bitcoin ETFs gets SEC approval, likely at some point in the remainder of this year from what I've heard, you'll be glad you entered crypto in 2014.

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:21:39 PM

When either of the Bitcoin ETFs gets SEC approval, likely at some point in the remainder of this year from what I've heard, you'll be glad you entered crypto in 2014.

There are many people waiting for the ETFs.

Is the timing likely to be influenced by NY BitLicences? Doesn't sound like it should. ETFs should be able to go through under existing regulations and supervisions.

Is there any reason why we couldn't set-up a master node offering on, say, the NASDAQ?

Sir Crouton gave me a way to potentially think about structuring an entity that could have shares in Master Nodes, while keeping them decentralized - multisig. The owners become owner/operators, the listed entity pays upfront for some rights over future income (or through some sort of sale and leaseback) - both entities control the flow of funds through multisig, with a third trustee, such as an audit firm or lawyer, acting as independent key holder.  

Trustees could be outside the USA to ensure access is difficult or impossible to obtain for Feds, etc.

Then it all comes down to what services are running on master nodes. But if they can opt-out of certain types of services, then the NASDAQ entity could file audit reports on the basis of income from legitimate adult infrastructure services, plus mixing income.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:11:37 AM

Is the timing likely to be influenced by NY BitLicences? Doesn't sound like it should. ETFs should be able to go through under existing regulations and supervisions.

Is there any reason why we couldn't set-up a master node offering on, say, the NASDAQ?

Sir Crouton gave me a way to potentially think about structuring an entity that could have shares in Master Nodes, while keeping them decentralized - multisig. The owners become owner/operators, the listed entity pays upfront for some rights over future income (or through some sort of sale and leaseback) - both entities control the flow of funds through multisig, with a third trustee, such as an audit firm or lawyer, acting as independent key holder.  

Trustees could be outside the USA to ensure access is difficult or impossible to obtain for Feds, etc.

Then it all comes down to what services are running on master nodes. But if they can opt-out of certain types of services, then the NASDAQ entity could file audit reports on the basis of income from legitimate adult infrastructure services, plus mixing income.

Cryptographic multisig is potentially very useful in a number of situations, and currently woefully underutilised, probably because it's a pain in the arse to do, hence my attempts at a UI to explain it to myself and possibly make it useable and useful to others.

Now that I have a grasp of the mechanics, I'm going to try and port my simple app to the web so it's useable from anywhere, like a BitRated for DRK, but obviously with a much better name.  Wink

Also bear in mind that although one of the most common multisig configurations is with three parties, (buyer, seller, arbiter) there can be any combination of required keys to the lock that you like - 2 of 3, 3 of 4, 7 of 9, 243 of 401... and I haven't tested it but I see no obvious reason why multisig addresses of whatever configuration can't be locked together in higher level multisig addresses - which might give rise to a way of making things like large scale voting, elections, any kind of situation where consensus is required computationally unbreakable while remaining completely transparent and auditable.

In the MN-net for example, you could have different consensual blocs as well as individual MN ops... really this is fantastic tech.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 12:33:03 AM

Cryptographic multisig is potentially very useful in a number of situations, and currently woefully underutilised, probably because it's a pain in the arse to do, hence my attempts at a UI to explain it to myself and possibly make it useable and useful to others.

Now that I have a grasp of the mechanics, I'm going to try and port my simple app to the web so it's useable from anywhere, like a BitRated for DRK, but obviously with a much better name.  Wink

Also bear in mind that although one of the most common multisig configurations is with three parties, (buyer, seller, arbiter) there can be any combination of required keys to the lock that you like - 2 of 3, 3 of 4, 7 of 9, 243 of 401... and I haven't tested it but I see no obvious reason why multisig addresses of whatever configuration can't be locked together in higher level multisig addresses - which might give rise to a way of making things like large scale voting, elections, any kind of situation where consensus is required computationally unbreakable while remaining completely transparent and auditable.

In the MN-net for example, you could have different consensual blocs as well as individual MN ops... really this is fantastic tech.

It really is astounding the number of uses for this tech. Evan has created something that is sure to make us and our descendants happy for a long, long time. Pity the fools selling ATM.

Tao

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:41:02 AM

I haven't tested it but I see no obvious reason why multisig addresses of whatever configuration can't be locked together in higher level multisig addresses - which might give rise to a way of making things like large scale voting, elections, any kind of situation where consensus is required computationally unbreakable while remaining completely transparent and auditable.

Bloody Norah. Have you tested your DNA history? Are you related to Alan Turing?

This is awesome. 

No wonder the Germans base their F1 operations in the UK - they get the Brits to do the clever thinking, then take back the best tech to the mother land and get organised to build cars we buy back. Bloody unions of the 60s and 70s have a lot to answer for.

I know I keep saying it, but Master Node operators are going to be rich little fuckers.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:44:57 AM

Pity the fools selling ATM.
Tao

I think its something to do with some bots on BTC-e getting their wires crossed and triggering selling of BTC all over the world.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:26:15 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 01:38:13 AM by RenegadeMan

Pretty interesting article on PoW/PoS:

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/bitcoins-future-proof-of-stake-vs-proof-of-work/2014/08/30

Like a lot of people I've struggled to comprehend what's genuine versus FUD in the PoW vs PoS debate. And with all the discussion about enforcement for MNs and mining pools avoiding paying either the full 20% or at all, I'd really like some genuinely knowledgeable and sensible people on here to articulate why PoW is a better alternative to PoS and why Darkcoin uses PoW to help some of us that don't fully understand be clearer. And also whether a hybrid arrangement (like the article is suggesting is best) would be best for DRK.

Thanks.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
ctya

Activity: 297
Merit: 30

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:44:36 AM

Tao

I think its something to do with some bots on BTC-e getting their wires crossed and triggering selling of BTC all over the world.

Somebody else mentioned that too.
Can anyone post a link, maybe charts showing the race to sell?
Very interesting to all of crypto if that is what happened.

falsealarm_bf

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:22:25 AM

I am hoping this new Foundation is going to move to counter the points made in the last paragraph of the attached article. I don't think about the rest of the assessment made but the simple statement of developer attentiveness vs community interaction and exchange liquidity I can't help agree with. There is a need to quickly meet some solid milestones there in parallel with all the development milestones met.

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/darkcoin-price-fell-20-week/2014/08/31

Ps. Community interaction means general acceptance and real life implementation, and not the troll vs fanboy interaction that used to go on here Smiley
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 04:52:17 AM

Tao

Well there is that, but one must understand that this happens almost every month unless the price is rebounding.
Near the end of the month (when only a few days are left), some investors start selling and the price of everything goes down a bit.
DRK didn't take much of a hit though.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 05:09:33 AM

Government: stealing your money and using it to pay armies of useless shitbags to steal more of your money!

I suppose the SEC will be coming after me next for the two Masternode shares I run.

SEC, if you're lucky.  Observe the deafening silence coming from DZombie.

I suspect a far more intimidating 3 letter agency of intolerable oppression sent him a nasty-gram about his Madoffnode money laundry.

No evidence, pure speculation.  Because this is bitcointalk.   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
dotnetmin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:06:20 AM

I don't see how any who jumped into 2014 should made a profit by crypto.
Whit a lot of luck finding wright point in and out on any pump maybe.
But no newbee realizes that quick what is going on in crypto scene.
No chance.
While we are over 8 month in a downtrend in cryptoland market does not generate
new players comming to this markets.
DRK is the last alt coin that has a real volume. For that reason you can see that DRK
has done well even when it was going from 11$ to 3$.
Look at VTC, very good project but dead now. Shit coins do not survive under these
circumstances. They have their pump and dump and will never come back.

Conclusion: if there are new players in near future, then there is a bright future for
DRK because it brings anon feature that BTC doesn't offer.
Anon in financal is very important but average jo and max mustermann is too stupid to realize
what games are running by government and central banks.
They need everybody to be a glass puppet to rob the last cent out of you.
Which asset is left over big brother can't follow? Ahhh, nothing but ....

So grab each ounce of gold and silver you can afford and grab DRK to have left over some freedom.
Maybe you loose the whole worth in $ you spend on DRK maybe you win a big portion financal freedom.
Your choice !
happylyc83

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:50:38 AM

HI,
I can't open https://elbzo.net/masternodes.html
Who can give me another link to monitor my MN status.
Thanks a lot!
Pages: « 1 ... 2805 2806 2807 2808 2809 2810 2811 2812 2813 2814 2815 2816 2817 2818 2819 2820 2821 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 2828 2829 2830 2831 2832 2833 2834 2835 2836 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 [2855] 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 2902 2903 2904 2905 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: